Hidden Rows

Hi there,

Thank you in advance for any help.  I have a worksheet
with the top 9 rows hidden.  I can't seem to get them to
unhide.

I've checked the help file and tried the suggestion there
Edit > Go To > A1 then Format > Row > Unhide but it
doesn't seem to work.

I still can't see those top 9 rows.  Any other
suggestions I can try?

Thanks,

KD
0
anonymous (74721)

Hi KD!

Try
Data > Filter
Remove check from AutoFilter

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)
6/24/2004 1:47:02 PM
No check by Autofilter, but I tried checking it then
unchecking it just in case but didn't do anything.

0
anonymous (74721)
6/24/2004 2:05:16 PM
Ok strange thing but might help someone else.

After looking to see if anything else was checked that
shouldn't be, I noticed that there were frozen panes.  I
unfroze the panes(which were not any of the 9 just fyi)
and then went through the steps to unhide again edit>go
to> a1 then format>row>unhide and it worked those rows
showed up.

Not sure why it happened but thanks for the help!

KD
0
anonymous (74721)
6/24/2004 2:17:55 PM
Hi KD!

Thanks for reporting back with your solution. That always helps others
who Google Search on the problem.

--
Regards
Norman Harker MVP (Excel)

0
njharker (1646)

How to create a hidden message in a folder
Hi there, the application that I am working with requires a hidden message (of any class) to be inside a folder (corporate archive) on the root of the mailbox so that it can identify the specific folder and then archive its contents. I understand that I need to create this hidden message in the Associated Contents Table but i dont know how. Can someone please point me the correct way? is it done on the outlook client? on the exchange server? I appreciate any help Regards Davide You cannot create a hidden message manually. You must use code. Perhaps = the easiest method is to use CDO 1...

How do I move rows showing a specific field to other worksheets/.
I am trying to take data from an excel sheet and break it out into separate excel files or separate worksheets. For example, I have 50,000 rows of data in the worksheet and I want to send separate files to people in different states. I would need to select the rows from each state separately, so that it would create a worksheet for AZ, another for TX, FL,and so on. Is there an automated way to do this? Thanks, jmp ...

How to sort with merged rows
This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. The first problem is that when I try to sort, excel keeps saying "this operation requires the merged cells to be identically sized" Even if I do get by that problem, how can I keep the notes and the contact/data info above it together when I use a sort. Chris wrote: > This is my delema. I have data that I need to input. At the same time I > would like to have a blank area below each contact so that I can add notes. >...

Blank row #2
I'm entering numbers under a colum, I need the total sum of the colum; But after I enter the last number 221 and press enter it always needs to skip with a blank row or cell ? it does not mater how many rows I enter, I need a blank cell before the total. Thank you very much. JA ex: 123 222 111 221 ---> Here is where I need the blank row allways 677 This is the total sum File Attached: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=334735 (book1.xls) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages dir...

hidden sheets
Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, and still have the workbook calculate formulas based off of the hidden worksheets. The reason i ask is i have alot of information within the spreadsheet that i do not really need at this time, and i would like to hide it so that it makes it easier to navigate through the workbook. Hi, Yes you can still read values from hidden sheets and use those values in a calculation and you can write to hidden sheets with code. Mike "Soccerboy83" wrote: > Is it possible to hide the worksheets within a workbook, a...

Exchange 5,5 hosted mailboxes cannot be moved if hidden from the address book
Hi all, I have found that when I try to move a mailbox from an exchange 5.5 server using either the AD Users and Computers snapin or the Exchange system manager then it fails IF the mailbox is hidden from the address book. This only happens when the original server is an ex 5.5 box - all works ok if just moving mailboxes between 2003 servers. Anyone experienced the same and found a solution? Thanks, Chris. ...

How to I set up a sheet to print colums/rows on every page in exce
I have a spreadsheet in excel and want several rows and columns to print on every page. It will display by freezing panes but I need it to print that way also. see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/freeze.htm file, page setup, sheets, Rows to Print at top: $1:$2 columns to print at left: $A:$A --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "Michelle" <Michelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Custom Views + hidden columns does seem to work
Hi there, I was hoping you could help with some custom views. I've figured out how to create custom views just fine and have created 6 of them. What I wanted to do next was create an identifier on the spreadsheet that would tell the user which view is currently being used (for both viewing and printing). I tried adding 6 rows at the top of the spreadsheet with the name of each view in one row. I would then hide 5 rows and keep row with the view I want identified visable. Then I would save the view. This works fine if I am only hidding and unhidding rows and columns. ...

Sum Different Rows & Columns
I need some assistance with making the following calculation. Eac week a person shoots a score. They can have anywhere from 1-12 score over a 12 week period, but no more than 1 per week. Each week a calculation is made to generate "bonus points" which ar added the next time they register a score. I need to find a way to: 1) Locate the current week's score for each unique person. 2) Add the "bonus points" calculated in their previous record (which i tabulated in a different column). The data is in the following format: Date Person Score Total Bonus 15-Jan Mike 1...

MULTIPLE ROWS
I HAVE 5000 LIST OF NAMES. HOW DO I INSERT ROWS IN BETWEEN THEM Hi First remove your coffee mug from the Caps Lock key. Then do this in the first free column next to the list: Enter 1 in its top cell. Enter 3 in the cell directly below. Select both these cells. Fill down as long as your list go. In the cell below this last one enter 2. In the cell below that enter 4. Select those two. Fill downwards 5-6000 rows. Now sort the whole sheet by this column. As a final touch, put your coffee mug back onto the Caps Lock key. HTH. Best wishes Harald "FAUSEC" <FAUSEC@discussions.micro...

My Outlook 2000 file is hidden
I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still have access to the files but I need to look into the folder. What happened? What do I need to do in order to have the folder accessible? Ans <Ans@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have actively used a folder to put emails in. A couple of days ago > it decided to stop working and now says 'Unable to display folder. > Operation failed.' I can search my emails and still h...

numbering rows
I'm using excel 2002 and I want to add an additional column that counts the rows. I have created it and numbered it, but when ever I do a sort, the numbers get sorted and they are out of order. Is there a way to keep them in order while sorting? Thanks -- Meg use the formula =row() instead of hard-coding the number Darren On Oct 24, 3:31 pm, "Meg" <alumni(removethis)@swedishinstitute.edu> wrote: > I'm using excel 2002 and I want to add an additional column that counts the > rows. I have created it and numbered it, but when ever I do a sort, the >...

Copying Data Without Hidden Values
Please excuse a dumb question. I'm sure the answer is buried in the help files somewhere, but I can't find it. I'm running Excel2002. I have a long column of data with many hidden rows. I need to copy this column for a paste operation, but I want to include only the active, visible fields. Every copy process I've tried ends up pasting the hidden rows also. How do I exclude the hidden rows from the copy process? Thanks, OC Oscar, Select the column, then hit F5, click on Special, select Visible Cells Only, OK, then Copy and Paste. HTH, Nikos "Oscar" <oc@sc.rrno...

Transpose Large Column to Row
Hi - I have a column with about 25,000+ rows in Excel 2007, and need to somehow get this transposed into a row (so with 25,000+ columns). I have tried to do this with the TRANSPOSE function using Ctrl-C and using the Paste drop-down menu and selecting the Transpose option. But I get an error message that the copy area and paste area are not the same size. I presume this is because I cannot paste across 25,000+ columns? Basically, in the end, what I want to have is a list of each cell with a semicolon after each but am just not sure how to do this. Any suggestions would ...

Copy row to worksheet IF
I have a worksheet that I call data. I paste a set of data into this worksheet and I want certain rows(A:G) to be copied to another worksheet (Status) if Column B states Failed, Not Completed or No run. This is untested, so make a copy of your workbook to test with. But I think it'll work just fine for you. To put the code to work, open the copy of the workbook, press [Alt]+[F11] to open the VB Editor then choose Insert-->Module and copy and paste the code below into the module. Make any edits to the Const values that you see are needed. Close the VB Editor, run the ...

Listbox scroll operation gives duplicate rows.
Hi All, I seem to have a very strange problem. I have a button on the worksheet of the Excel.Upon clicking the button I show a VB form which has a listbox containing about 15-20 entries in it.To scroll through all the contents of the list box I obviously have the scroll button for the list box which comes by default. I also have two buttons on the VB form for "MoveUp" and "MoveDown" actions for the items in the list box. The problem arises when I select a particular item in the list and move it up or down in the list. For Eg:Assume there are 10 items in ...

More than one row of Sheet names?
Is there any way to view more than one row of sheet tabs? Similar to how you can move the start menu to increase the amount of rows. I have a lot of sheet name tabs and I would like to view more than a couple at a time. Thanks! AFAIK, no -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sam Weber" <sam@hostradius.com> wrote in message news:6b6101c475a2$7f3380d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to view more than one row of sheet tabs? > Similar to how you can move the start menu to increase > the amount of rows. I have a lot of sheet name tabs and I > wo...

Converting Rows to Columns
Hi, I have a report that prints with the same information on several rows. Let me explain. I have a heading row the includes the following. Name, SSN, Salary, Date of Hire, Address and Benefits. Since there are several benefits, the report makes a new row for each benefit so each employee could show up with as many as 8 rows of the same information except for the benefit. I need to get one row that has all of the information with the benefits listed as their own seperate column. -- God bless. Hi, select the row, copy, go to the column where you want the informati...

Hidden Rows
Hi there, Thank you in advance for any help. I have a worksheet with the top 9 rows hidden. I can't seem to get them to unhide. I've checked the help file and tried the suggestion there Edit > Go To > A1 then Format > Row > Unhide but it doesn't seem to work. I still can't see those top 9 rows. Any other suggestions I can try? Thanks, KD Hi KD! Try Data > Filter Remove check from AutoFilter -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au No check by Autofilter, but I tried checking it then unchecking it just...

lookup not in row but in matrix
Hello, Horizontal Lookup tries to find a value in a single ROW and Vertica Lookup tries to find a value a single COLUMN. I want to find a value in a RANGE of rows and columns. E.G. I want to find the value X in the range consisting of rows 2,3,4, and the columns C,D,E,F. ---A B C D E F 1 2 3------------X 4 5 6--p-e--s k f g In this examle I want to find X in cel E3 and return the correspondin value in row 6, that is "f". The Lookup functions I know of can only find X in (say) row 1 an return the correspondinfg value in (say) row 6. anyone -- fren ----------...

A 'Hidden' Hidden Folder
Firstly I apologise for the long story but I feel you may understand more with the whole picture... I have recently built up 5 XP desktops using a multi-cast ghost image so all images are the same, also all desktops are completely identical as they are part of the same batch. I have just recently had to stop setting up the users accounts after logging on as the users for the computers as I've come across something I'm now unable to solve. The first users account was setup on the first computer, and worked exactly as it should. The second and third made me step back...

Delete Row ABOVE
How would I delete rows if If b2="Void" Then I would like for it to delete Row 2 and Row 1? Hi, In column C, use the foll. formula in cell C1 =if(or(B2="Void",B1="Void"),"delete",1). Copy this all the way down. Now select the column and press Ctrl+G > Special > Formulas > Text. This will select all the cells which have delete. Now you may delete these rows -- Regards, Ashish Mathur Microsoft Excel MVP www.ashishmathur.com "Donna" <donna@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:EBE2120C-722E-4648-8DE9-...

Display all cells values of that row from where a cell value retri
Hi All, I'm a baby to Excel Programming. But I've to programme Excel 2003 work book in order that if sth is typed in the text box control. The code searches all the worksheets and displays the value in the label control. I've a textbox control, label control and a command button control in Sheet 1 Now with the below mentioned codes I suceeded to retrieve a cell value in a lable control. But the problem is, I've no idea to display all the cells value of that from where the cell in a row, a data was retrieved. Any Idea!! Please Help!! SOS Please consider!...

Applying Formulae to a worksheet which are hidden
The problem: I have set up a work sheet with formulae in the following row: Cells E5 to Z5 are populated with formulae, (F5, G5, I5, L5, Q5, V5, Y5, Z5 have Conditional Formatting). The formulae, in some cases, are dependent on the preceding cell. I would like to apply all these formulae to all the rows from row 5 and below. Also, I would like all the formulae to be hidden. So that when new data is entered in rows 6 to X, all you see is the data being entered with the formulaes being hidden. Please can you help, I am new to excel so simplicity is key. Many thanks, You state you...

Hidden Column
Hi Can anyone Help I have a spreadsheet, and on my 3rd worksheet, the first column (A) wa hidden, now I want to show that column, but it just isnt appearing. I have tried, Format > Column > unhide as well as Row > Unhide, Ive also tried Edit > Go To > A1 and it still doesnt appear. Any thoughts? ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Format > C...