Hid a sheet in Excel 2003 Need to unhide it in Excel 2007

I hid a sheet on a workbook created with Excel 2003.  Our company upgraded to
Office 2007 and I tried to unhide the sheet in Excel 2007.  2007 doesn't seem
to find the previous sheet.

Right click on any tab and select Unhide.

Does the Unhide pop up window appear or not?

"Lid7sgi" wrote:

> I hid a sheet on a workbook created with Excel 2003.  Our company upgraded to
> Office 2007 and I tried to unhide the sheet in Excel 2007.  2007 doesn't seem
> to find the previous sheet.

extract photo from excel spreadsheet ?
I have a spreadsheet that contains multiple photos. How can I copy one photo and save it as a jpg file? I use version 2003. The following is what I did previously. Highlight the cells in Excel. Hold down the Shift key and choose Copy Picture from the Edit menu. Make my choices in the Copy Picture window. Click OK. Then I paste the picture/photo on to a PowerPoint slide and save it as = ..JPG. I only save one slide and it goes to My Documents folder. Do you have PowerPoint available? Other software should be fine. Hope this helps. Epinn "Duke99" <Duke99@discussions.m...

Printing from Excel data source
I am using Office 2003 and trying to print three of the With Compliments cards at a time per 8 1/2 by 11 sheet of paper. Using Publisher, this is easy until I connect to the Excel data source. Once I connect to the Excel data source Publisher will only print one With Compliments card per 8 1/2 by 11 sheet. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong. Thanks. Open the Task Pane and tell it multiple copies per sheet or when you get the Print set-up dialog box, select change number of copies per sheet. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "Ed Randall" wrote: > I am using Office 2003 a...

How to change .attachedtemplate from VBA in Word 2007
I have a template that I created in Word 2003. It has a number of macros. One, which allows the user to save a copy of the active document assigns Normal.Dot as the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate before saving, so that the macros from the working template are not saved in the copy. The problem now is that when I run this macro in Word 2007, the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate takes place immediately and breaks the macro code that was assigning the template and saving the document. Is there a way to keep the ActiveDocument.AttachedTemplate action from happening immediately...

UserForm interacting with the Excel sheet saved on a local server
We are 5 people willing to working simultaneous (if possible) on a Excel sheet saved on a local server. I need to type new informations in the worksheet and sometimes to call a UserForm that will compile it and save back the results. I have basic knowledge with VBA, definetly not enough. I would appreciate all the suggestions. Thanks a lot and compile succesfully! http://www.exceladvisor.net/sub/creative/sharing.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HP052622941033.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010130571033.aspx but, be careful... http://excel.t...

Excel user name
A while ago there was a thread here asking about excel user names - cant find it now but id like to know how i can create a MSGBOX that ca use names - for example the macro reads the excel user name, vlookup short (nick) name, then gives a more personalised message. Can anyone help? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi msgbox application.username -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "LB79 >" <<LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:LB79.1axkrc@excelforum-nospam.com... > A while ago there was a thread here askin...

XP and HID
Hi Still looking to use 2 or more USB HID devices (rfid readers) to read into Excel each reading having its own column or having a single column with a prefix/suffix added to identify the reader used for that reading. Say, same as hooking two or more usb keyboards up, as XP recognises the rfid reader as a keyboard. Any new ideas or tricks to do this ? Charlie ...

OutputTo Excel (A3K)
Hi, I'm using OutputTo to create a spreadsheet baed on a select query. There's a date column that has a format defined in the query column's property sheet as "Medium Date". The description (on the property sheet) is "dd-mmm-yyyy". But the OutputTo yields the date in the form "dd-mmm-yy" (only a 2-digit year) ! Is there a better way to force the 4-digit year? I want to continue to use OutputTo --- I'm aware of the other ways to create a spreadsheet, but want to stick with OutputTo for now. Thanks in advance... bob ...

Exchange 2003 and Instant Messaging.
Hi, We are looking for an internal messaging solution and Windows Messaging is one of it but how do I setup the Exchange 2003 as an Instant Messaging server ? Thanks. Rgrds, Zul Hi Zul, Exchange no longer has an instant messaging feature/addon, I would recomend Live Communications Server 2005 SP1 & Office Communicator. I have designed and setup LCS2005 in our organization, and it is a great product. I can't wait until Microsoft release a version of Communicator for Windows Mobile! Here is more info about LCS 2005: Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exc...

Copying Sheets to a woekbook
Is there a method for copying sheets from a workbook that is not open to a workbook that is? I have written a vba that lets a user select a number of workbooks (.FindFile method) that will open them, copy the tab (worksheet) of each workbook to the end of the target workbook, rename the new tab to the name of the file it came from, and then close the workbook. It would go a lot faster if I could get the tab from the workbook without opening it. Since the file structure of all office products are the same you can get data from an excel spreadsheet just like you would an Access ...

How to record percentage increases in materials costing sheet.
I am trying to do a materials costing sheet where I would like to be able to periodically increast the base cost of the product by different percentages. E.g. Cost of Apples $10.00 but might be increased by 5% then 2.5% and therefore the base cost would keep changing. I know how do first % increase but not how to then use that figure as the base figure for future adjustments. Thanks for amy help. I am very new to this. You could put a % in one cell. Select the cell and give it a name by Insert-->Name-->Define. Call it "increase". Then, in the cell where you put the f...

Re: How to hide sheet when selecting other sheet
I have a workbook with about 18 sheets (1 sheet I have designated the Main sheet). When the workbook is openned it automatically places the user in the Main page and an input box gets triggered. User enters zip code and is taken to the right sheet. Each sheet has a commandbutton that brings the inputbox back repeating the process flawlessly. Now what I want to do is as soon as the input box takes the user to the right sheet to hide all the other sheets from view except the Main sheet (this I want open at all times)... and repeat this process over and over with different sheets. Can any1 help...

Line Wrapping in Calendar View Outlook 2003
I am unable to get the full appointment subject message to show in the calendar view or when I print in Outlook 2003. I can't figure out how to get the text to wrap. Appreciative of any help. ...

Listing Sheets in an workbook
Happen that I have a file with about 120 sheets, I need to make a list in a separate sheet with the name given to every sheet, I think it could be done with macros, but I have no idea how to start, could somebody help me with this. Thanks in advance One way: Public Sub ListSheets() Dim vList As Variant Dim i As Long With ThisWorkbook.Sheets ReDim vList(1 To .Count, 1 To 1) For i = 1 To .Count vList(i, 1) = Sheets(i).Name Next i With ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Add .Name = "Sheet List&...

Virtual HID (keyboard and mouse) driver
Hello, I wish to develop 2 drivers. One will act as a virtual keyboard and the other as a virtual mouse. Can I start from the vhidmini sample? (src\hid\vhidmini -- it's not available in the lastest WDK, but it's in 6001.18002). From my understanding this is a miniclass driver that should work with kbdclass and mouclass, the class drivers for keyboards and mice. Basically all I would need is to generate IRPs for the class drivers to process, right? I never worked with HID, from my understanding HID drivers don't get IOCTLs, that's why, if you need to comunic...

Using function IF in WORD 2003
Why the following example does not work? Example: Bookmark "town" has value "Pasco" {IF town = Prague "Not true" "{IF town = Pasco "True" " "} "} The outcome of this function is "{IF town = Pasco " but I am expecting outcome "True". That means the word does not take into account another nested function IF. I am trying to use nested function "If" because I saw this example in Word 2003 help where nested If is used (I thought that it will work): {IF {MERGEFIELD Město} = "Brno"...

Merging in Excel from Word, Excel, or Access
Can you do a "merge" in Excel with data from Excel, Word, or Access? I have a list of names (in Access and Excel) which I would like to put in a specific cell in Excel. There are 80 names, so I would prefer to not have to type them individually. I can do it in Word, but I must be missing something in Excel. Can it be done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! From Access you can import or link Excel spreadsheets and if you have a table in access you can export that table to a excel spreadsheet. "RS" wrote: > Can you do a "merge" in Excel wi...

For Outlook 2003 Add-ins
What would be the top 10 (if needed) add-ins for outlook 2003, that would give outlook 2003 more functionality, for a power user coming from telemagic & goldmine (aka: GTD thinking ) TIA Richard Richard" <cms0009"nospam <cms0009"nospam"@gmail.com> wrote: > What would be the top 10 (if needed) add-ins for outlook 2003, > that would give outlook 2003 more functionality, for a power user > coming from telemagic & goldmine (aka: GTD thinking ) Before anyone can fulfill your request, he or she would have to know what features were avaialble in T...

Need More room for mail_New StorageGroup?
Need More room for mail_New StorageGroup? My partition has no more room for mail... What to think about doing new StorageGroup on another HD? Have no more Exchange Servers Can't move mailboxes. Best regards Do you have Exchange Standard or Enterprise? Standard only allows 1 storage group per server. Why not purchase another hard drive? Drives are cheap and you can easily move your databases to this new drive. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "JohnB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1226201c4428b$...

Chart Wizard
I have a certain spreadsheet that when i open and then click the Chart Wizard button Excel will close down. The file was created with Excel 2000 and crashes on 2000 and 2003 versions of Excel. The weird thing is , the spreadsheet has AutoFiltered data, and if I untick this option under Data, Filter, and untick AutoFilter the Chart Wizard then works. Any ideas? There's nothing special about the spreadsheet, just numbers and text, some cell formatting and some cells are pick lists. TIA Doug ...

Outlook 2007
Hi All I have a mail server configured on a IPv6 only machine. I would like to specify my POP3 account with these IPv6 Addresses as the Incoming mail server and SMTP server. For that in the Email Accounts i want to use IPv6 addresses. This is not working, i have also tried using the IPv6 address resolved name also, still it doesn't work. It works fine with IPv4 address and hostname. Can anyone help me solve this problem. Thanks Anilkumar Can you PING the IPv6 address? Can you use a HOSTS file to map the address to a name? <anilgkonline@gmail.com> wrote in message news:11781...

Excel 2007 auto select
Working on law office billing created in Excel 2007. Sometimes when I click on the next row down to enter text and amounts, I get four to ten or so selected cells under the cell I have selected. Nearly impossible to get back to one cell selected. Sure it is me! What am I doing and how to stop? -- cindy Hi Cindy Perhaps you have hit the F8 key by mistake. If you have, you will see "EXT" displayed at the bottom right of your page Try pressing F8 again and see if that clears it. -- Regards Roger Govier "gmacindy" <cindy@discussions.microsoft.com...

Need Some Guidance for New Spread Sheet Design
Here's the big picture. I need to Design an Excel spreadsheet that wil import a csv text file that is 575 colums wide (fields) and 720 row (records) that I can then graph. Now the details. The purpose is to be able to graph historical dat from a Data Logger that collects data every two minutes (720 rows day) for 575 different pieces of equipment, and I will only need t graph a couple things at a time. I started doing this through Acces and imported the file into a 2-D Array in VBA since there is the 25 column (field) limit, then just pulled the data I needed out of th array and put it i...

Linking Excel to Visio
Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in ann excel wrksheet? this was offered by another user (rene) There were two kb articles describing the steps to set up a link between Visio and Excel http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;254591 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;323451 al "Mark Dullingham" <MarkDullingham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F886EA40-469E-4523-A4F3-80AB376F2555@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to limk the text box associated with a shape to a cell in > ann ...

Sheet protection complications
My workbook contains multiple sheets. After a set time period, the workbook will automatically run code that will password protect each and EVERY sheet in the workbook. My question is, what happens if a user decides to password protect a sheet with his/her own password before my code automatically tries to do the script above?? It will try to password protect a sheet that has already been password protected by the user, therefore it will fail right?? If this is true, can I prevent users from password protecting their sheets with their own passwords??? thank u Hi Robert...

Excel
I need to gather some information from a great number of .dat files into excel. The file format is something like this: ! User ID: 564582 ! Conversion tables(Account): <NONE> ! Conversion tables(Entity): <NONE> ! Operation: <NONE> ! By: <NONE> MON2003 12 12 AIF,3001,-10000.000000000 AIF,3001,-10000.000000000 CTY,3001,-10000.000000000 The data I would like to retrieve to excel is the User ID in the header, as well as the code in three first lines + the last line of the file. I also need to gather some file info - filename, path, size. I have over 500 files like this.....