Help! How to sort addresses by street then by #......

(NOTE: PLEASE E-MAIL REPLY DIRECT AS WELL AS TO THE GROUP, AS MY SERVER
OFTEN GOES DOWN, ETC....THANX)

I'm having difficulty sorting addresses for my delivery route.....
From the example pasted below, you can see that Holland St is spread out
throughout the column....I need to group/sort this column so that it would
look like this (example
110 Holland St
111 Holland St
112 Holland St

but instead it looks like this, (below), and as you can see, Holland St is
spread out all over the column!
Help??
thanx:

      163 WASHINGTON ST

      169 HOLLAND ST

      169 HOLLAND ST

      169 HOLLAND ST

      169 HOLLAND ST

      17 HOLLAND ST

      17 VILLAGE ST

      179 WASHINGTON ST

      187 ELM ST

      19 UNION SQ

      19 WESLEY PARK

      193 SOMERVILLE AVE

      196 SOMERVILLE AVE

      2 UNION SQ

      20 HOLLAND ST

      20 HOLLAND ST STE 407

      20 HOLLAND ST STE 408

      20 MEDFORD ST

      201 ELM ST

      201 HIGHLAND AVE #A

      20-40 HOLLAND STREET SUITE 402

      20A COLLEGE AVE

      21 MCGRATH HWY

      21 MCGRATH HWY

      21 REV NAZARENO PROPERZI

      21 UNION SQ

      215 HIGHLAND AVE

      2153 MYSTIC VALLEY PKWY

      217 HIGHLAND AVE

      217 HIGHLAND AVE

      22 COLLEGE ST

      22 KENT ST

      22 KENT ST

      22 MCGRATH HWY

      22 MCGRATH HWY STE 11

      221 MORRISON AVE

      225 ELM ST

      228 LOWELL ST

      229A LOWELL ST

      23 BOSTON STREET

      23 UNION SQ

      230 ELM ST

      230 HIGHLAN AVE

      233 ELM ST

      234 ELM ST

      235 HOLLAND ST

Hi

Assuming your data is in column A, create 2 helper columns.
In the first of the helper columns, format the cells
Format>Cells>Number>Custom>000 and enter
=--(left(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1)
In the second helper column enter
=MID(A1,FIND(" ",A1)+1,255)
Copy both formulae down the extent of your data.
Mark the whole block of your data, then Sort using the second helper
column as the first sort key, and the first helper column as the second
sort key.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"HelpingOthersTD" <helpingotherstd@comcast.net> wrote in message
> (NOTE: PLEASE E-MAIL REPLY DIRECT AS WELL AS TO THE GROUP, AS MY
> SERVER OFTEN GOES DOWN, ETC....THANX)
>
> I'm having difficulty sorting addresses for my delivery route.....
> From the example pasted below, you can see that Holland St is spread
> out throughout the column....I need to group/sort this column so that
> it would look like this (example
> 110 Holland St
> 111 Holland St
> 112 Holland St
>
> but instead it looks like this, (below), and as you can see, Holland
> St is spread out all over the column!
> Help??
> thanx:
>
>      163 WASHINGTON ST
>
>      169 HOLLAND ST
>
>      169 HOLLAND ST
>
>      169 HOLLAND ST
>
>      169 HOLLAND ST
>
>      17 HOLLAND ST
>
>      17 VILLAGE ST
>

>      179 WASHINGTON ST
>
>      187 ELM ST
>
>      19 UNION SQ
>
>      19 WESLEY PARK
>
>      193 SOMERVILLE AVE
>
>      196 SOMERVILLE AVE
>
>      2 UNION SQ
>
>      20 HOLLAND ST
>
>      20 HOLLAND ST STE 407
>
>      20 HOLLAND ST STE 408
>
>      20 MEDFORD ST
>
>      201 ELM ST
>
>      201 HIGHLAND AVE #A
>
>      20-40 HOLLAND STREET SUITE 402
>
>      20A COLLEGE AVE
>
>      21 MCGRATH HWY
>
>      21 MCGRATH HWY
>
>      21 REV NAZARENO PROPERZI
>
>      21 UNION SQ
>
>      215 HIGHLAND AVE
>
>      2153 MYSTIC VALLEY PKWY
>
>      217 HIGHLAND AVE
>
>      217 HIGHLAND AVE
>
>      22 COLLEGE ST
>
>      22 KENT ST
>
>      22 KENT ST
>
>      22 MCGRATH HWY
>
>      22 MCGRATH HWY STE 11
>
>      221 MORRISON AVE
>
>      225 ELM ST
>
>      228 LOWELL ST
>
>      229A LOWELL ST
>
>      23 BOSTON STREET
>
>      23 UNION SQ
>
>      230 ELM ST
>
>      230 HIGHLAN AVE
>
>      233 ELM ST
>
>      234 ELM ST
>
>      235 HOLLAND ST

0
roger5293 (1125)

sumifs help

Excel sorting #3
Is there a way to sort data by absolute value? I have a list of numbers, both negative and positive and I would like the list to have the highest positive and negative numbers at the top (e.g. -10,000 and +10,000 and the lowest numbers to be at the bottom(e.g -1 & 1). ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Blue, In an empty column, place the formula =ABS(A1) then fill down as far as you need to go. Then sort on this column. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson M...

Help !

Help with this thing

Cannot hide recipients in the Global Address List
Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before. Anybody can help me??? Andy On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:52:34 -0600, "Andy Zhou" <andy.zhou@mail.com> wrote: >Windows 2000 domain + Exchange 2000 + Outlook 2000. I hide a user, but his >name instill shows up in the Globe Address List. It didn't happen before. >Anybody can help me??? > >Andy > IS the RUS updating for new accounts properly? Hi Andy, Thanks for posting here. First, I would like to cl...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

1 email account, 2 mail address, 2 computers, Outlook 2000
Hi I have 1 email account, with is shared between me and my girlfreind, we each have our own email address, but all our mails go in to one joint inbox, using something called Email Alias, that our ISP use. The problem is that we get each others mails, and we would like to setup a rule so that the mails not intented for the person that recives them is automaticly deleted in his/her outlook and is left on the server so the other can get it when checking their mail. I have been looking for guides to do this for a while and have been able to find a few for Outlook 2002 and 2003, but none for th...

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Address mapping and rewrite in Exchange 2003?
I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come in on @domain1.com and then forwarding it on to internal boxes as @domain2.com. Exchange 5.5 IMC could do it and I heard that 2003 could do it as well.... "Dima" <voland@begemot.com> wrote: >I am wondering wether it would be possible to mimick >bridgehead feature from 5.5 of rewriting domain part of an >address in all incoming mail. For example have mail come >in on @domain1.com and then fo...

Macro Help

help me #2

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Sorting Payables Cheques when Printing
In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to Number (the second choice). Is there a way to permanently set this without having to manually update it each time I enter the screen? Thanks Yes, you need to use VBA. Do you own Modifier? "Adam" wrote: > In the Edit Payables Cheque window, there is a 'Sort Documents on Remittance > by:' field that defaults to Date. I would prefer for it to always default to > Number (the second choice...

Your Help is Appreciated

Sort Macro #2
I recorded this macro to sort a list according to a custom list. The problem I have is that it does not sort on another users Excel because they don't have the same customs list. Is there a way round this problem? Sub Macro1() Columns("N:N").Select Selection.Sort Key1:=Range("N1"), Order1:=xlDescending, Header:=xlGuess, _ OrderCustom:=12, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal End Sub Hi! Application.AddCustomList ListArray:=Range("A1:A10") will add a custo list to a workbook using a range y...

Variable Range Sort
Hello I am trying to setup a macro to sort a variable range. I need to sort from A3 to L, but the L row would be variable... I know if I select A3:L3 and then do End(xlDown) that would be a start but I am not sure how exactly to work this into the sort portion..... A start is.... Range("A3:L3").Select Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select but I am stuck now... I can't figure out how to set the range in sort to something like that. I need to sort ascending with column E then secondary with column C. Dim wks as worksheet dim LastRow as long ...

bcc help