help help help IF function

i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam
looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light
green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as

    =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right??

0
Kimmy (5)

I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam
> looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light
> green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as
>
>    =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right??

0
jl_paules (2768)
11/18/2006 4:11:40 AM
Try this:

Select the cells to be impacted

Then...from the Excel main menu:
<format><conditional formatting>
Cell Value is: Less than or equal to: 3000
Click the [format] button and set the format you want.
Click the [OK] buttons and you're done

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"kimmy" wrote:

> i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam
> looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light
> green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as
>
>     =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right??

IF(Cell#<=3000,DoSomething,<>DoSomethingElse)

"kimmy" wrote:

> i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam
> looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light
> green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as
>
>     =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right??

IMF Not Updating HELP!
I'm having a problem and I hope someone can help. I configured IMF a couple of days ago. (Definitions are from 2005) It seems to be working great. I have the gateway set at 6 and the store at 4. So far getting very good results. But I can not update the definition files. I added the regisry key ContentFilterState and set to 1 I restarted SMTP service I triple check these settings, I've read all the documentation I can find on IMF. I've also checked to be sure I'm using Microsoft update and not WU. I go to Microsoft Update and press custom. I don't see the update listed....

Help about numeric type field. Thanks.

VBscripting OL2000 client with .asp on iis5 ? Help needed..
Trying to do what Ebay does with making links to add appointment with reminder via html/asp page.. but with no luck.. The page executes but nothing happens.. any advise would be appreciated.. Server vs Client scripts ? Help appreciate.. <%@ Language=VBScript %> <HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"> </HEAD> <BODY> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript> Dim olApp Dim oAppt Dim objRecip Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") Dim olNs Set olNs = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set o...

Query Help Needed Please
I have a query that I am running on a table. I have a field "StrCI" that is a text field. There are numbers in the field on some records and alpha letters in the field on other records. What I want to be able to do is that if the query returns a value in the field that is only 3 digits long I want to be able to add a "0" the the beginning of the the field to make it a 4 digit number. I can not make this field a numeric field, it has to stay as text. Any help in how to accomplish this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Terry Create an update query. Regards...

Help reconfiguring the single click event to the default
It seems that I accidentally changed something in my database that I shouldn't. Now when I click on the name of a object in the properties box, instead of get cursor right where I clicked, Access selects everything from where I clicked to the end of the word. So for example, if the name of my object is GROUP_A_OPTION_B and I clicked between the underscore and the "A", everything from there up to the "B" gets selected, and if I tried to move using the arrow keys all I get is for the selection to increase or decrease. How do I change this to the default, where if I...

ODBC error with no help
I use Excel to download data from DB2 via an Access database query. Excel calls a query in an Access database which gets data from an OBDC connection to a DB2 database on an AS/400. When the query is a straight SELECT query against one file, it works fine. But when I change the query to a pass-through query so that the work is done on the AS/400 against live files; Excel comes back with: Reserved Error (|); there is no message for this error. Access works fine and can run the queries. It's just that Excel bombs. Any suggestions? "Norm" wrote ... > I use Excel t...

Excel help #4
I want 5% of one cell $ amount to automatically post to another cell. Is this possible? Or do I need to it manually and enter in the info in the new cell? =a1*.05 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "scottcar" <scottcar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA05EAC1-9894-4A30-9670-38ED6DAE1859@microsoft.com... >I want 5% of one cell $ amount to automatically post to another cell. Is >this > possible? Or do I need to it manually and enter in the info in the new > cell? Don, Thank you so much! "Don Guillett" wro...

MACRO help
Morning all, i have a range of cells that i have copying and pasting into another workbook, when pasting it is pasting it vertically for example 1a, a2, a3 etc i need it to paste horizontally as in transpose, can you help me and tell me which bit of code i need to change? Thanks. Sub Button1_Click() Dim Response As String Dim DefaultFolder As String, DefaultFileName As String Dim FileToSave Dim OutApp As Object 'this emails operations manager Dim OutMail As Object Dim strbody As String Response = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Submit this to Procuremen...

Summary Help Needed
Here are the fields in my spread sheet. Date Name Request Received Start Time Finish Time Total Time Here's an example of what I'm trying to accomplish. Let's say I need to see how much time John has spent doing research mail. I turn on the auto filter feature so that I can select only information pertaining to John. Ok. Question, how can I create a summary that will give me a total at the end of the report of how much time John has spent? See the help for the subtotal worksheet function -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Help with a formula please.
In column "A" I have about 400 file names with each path, for example: D:\Folio_02\AL605_02.xls Each file contains a value named "ATT" and another named "XBB". I need to get these values in adjoining columns. I've tried every variation of the following I can think of without success: A1&"!"&ATT None have worked. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember and can't find any of my old files with an example. Please help. Jim More like: A1&"!ATT" ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "jim...

Calendar connector...pls help
Hi, I am unable to start calendar service. I have exactly followed MS article to install and configure my lotus notes and calendar connector. It seems that it is not able to read Schedule+free busy system folder. But i do have that folder in place.. I receive following error: ======== Event ID 5005 The Calendar Connector could not connect to the Public Information Store due to MAPI error 80004005 and is shutting down. Ensure that the Information Store service is running and the Calendar Connector service is configured to use the Exchange Services Account and Password in Services Con...

Outlook Express message store help!...
I recently uninstalled IE6 and then reinstalled it the next day. Now I can't lunch Outlook Express, I get the error message: "Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open Outlook Express message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is full." I have plenty of memory and disk space. How do I fix this problem? Thanks for your help!... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.ou...

HELP!
We are experiencing a weird problem: Outlook 2003 is downloading email from a POP3 server, but then nothing is showing up the user's Inbox. This does not affect all users. Our setup is as follows: User has POP3 account User has Exchange account Delivery is set to "Mailbox - Username" (the Exchange PST) I can verify that messages are on the POP3 server waiting to be picked up. Clicking "Send/Receive" pops the messages off the server, but nothing shows up in the user's Inbox. I have verified that user has no filters set; there are also no deliver...

Help, please: to move data from OExpress 6 to O2000 ?
Help, please... On a pretty good Win XP PC, I need to upgrade from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000. I installed Outlook and it imported all the folders/messages/identities from OE6. Outlook 2000 starts up, and all seems fine, and I'm looking at the new message that it created... "Welcome to Outlook 2000". If I try to view any other message, it locks up. I see the perpetual hourglass. It's dead. So, I installed Outlook 2000 on another XP PC, created a mail account, and it seems to work fine. I can read and send messages. Cool. How can I export all of the folders/me...

Excel
Hey all! k, a quick question. i have one column - it is email address - i need to pull from this list all email address that are @aol.com and @yahoo.com and put them into their own list - how can i go about doing this? Mathiau. I think you may use Find() function to find out the position of "@" first, then use Mid() function to get the following text, then put it to a new column. HTH "Mathiau" <mathiau@quickring.com> �b�l�� news:OC6w8wGbDHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl �����g... > Hey all! > > > k, a quick question. > > i have one column - it ...

MATCH function #4
How can I get the functionality of the MATCH function to match a text to the LAST match in a column. The MATCH function returns the location of the FIRST match. This example shows what I am trying to do: A B C 1 Name1 NumOfDays1 StartDate 2 Name2 NumOfDays2 3 Name3 NumOfDays3 4 Name5 NumOfDays4 5 Name1 NumOfDays5 6 Name5 NumOfDays6 7 Name1 NumOfDays7 8 Name2 NumOfDays8 9 Name5 NumOfDays9 NameN (in cloumn A) is a text and can have any value. NumOfDaysN (in column B) is an integer and have any value. StartDate(in cell C1) is a date. I need a...

Function Help
I'm trying to use COUNTIF to count the number of times a particular text appears in a calendar range. when i do it, I keep getting a zero value. for instance "butterfly charm" appears 12X during the year. The formula is like this: =COUNTIF('2006 Calendar'!B3:H111,"Butterfly Charm") my chart is setup with the first column being the list of items and the second column being i.e. How Often Item Was Used, this is where I want the result to be. that chart is sheet 1. sheet 2 is a 2006 calendar. what am i doing wrong with the formula? does the problem l...

Help with Form
I have a continuos form as a subform. Is there anyway I can get selected fields in the last row of the subform to appear on the main form. Is this even possible. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/de...

Help #4
Hello all I moved mailboxes from Exchange2000 to 2003 yesterday, eversince when you check email in outlook it gots an error like: Cant find the object, but still gets your e-mails. In Exchange the error is ID no: c1050000 Exchange System Manager Source MSExchangeSA Category MAPI Session ID 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error... The pop3 service is broken down and I don't know what to do, it's been a long night. Help please Don't use POP3 when your on a MS network. Connect to the Exchange server with Exchange connector. Re-established the s...

Help resizes window &%$#!
This problem is probably not excel specific: Is there a way to prevent help routines to resize the program window? When I start Excel-Help, the Excel window is reduced to half of the full size - even if the help window is larger than the other half of the screen. This causes a lot of swearing because I can't see anything in the worksheet because the window is too small and I can't see the help window because it is partly covered by the excel window. My fear is I have to live with it. Can somebody convince me otherwise? Thanks Oskar von dem Hagen ...

Trying to change txt color from message map function
HI, My menu has a option that changes the text color. so I have my OnPaint() function but I am trying to call the DC from another function in same class.. what am I doing wrong? void CChildView::OnTextBlack() { // TODO: Add your command handler code here CDC* pDC = GetDC(); pDC->SetTextColor(RGB(0,0,0)); pDC->TextOut(mPt.x, mPt.y, mStr); ReleaseDC(pDC); mCount = 1; Invalidate(); } I changed my approach to ON_COMMAND_RANGE... and came up with this... it worked... but why not the first code? void CChildView::OnTextColor(UINT nID) { CClientDC dc(this); switch(nID) { ca...

Need help: NTDLL stuck on WinXP SP2 using MMF
Hi'all In one of my applications i needed a quick and easy access to files. So i've used memory mapped files. When the files has start growing and growing, the MMF failed to open the big file (>750MByes). To fix that problem I've created a class that manages the file mapping. (E.G. maps parts of the file to several locations on the address space, and manages the access to the file. The whole file is mapped, but not in one mapping). Now i've encounted a strange problem. When i'm opening regular size files (<1GByte), everything is working prefectly fine. BUT when i'...

HELP
We have an application that is used by over 8000 people worldwide. One of our users is just starting to have the following problem: Run-time error '-2147467259(80004005)': Method 'Add' of object 'CommandBarControls' failed I have read that this problem can be caused by trying to open the file in Internet Explorer. The user has told me that she has tried opening MS Excel and then the .xls file and she still gets the same problem when the file is trying to open. She is the only one that has had this problem. Could there be something wrong with her Excel settings or som...

Changing Default Display Font in Outlook 2003 (for menus, help, et
For some reason, the font used for all my Outlook 2003 menus, help boxes, column entries, etc. (default stuff) appears to have a shadow and is VERY difficult to read. I have tried changing the default fonts in Windows XP and all of the changeable fonts in Outlook (relating to message fonts, etc.), but none of the changes that I could find changed these basic "view" fonts. Does anybody know how to change these basic fonts (none of the answers previously provided in responses to similar questions posted here have changed these "primary" or default fonts)...

How do I add caps lock notification to my Status bar? Help!
In Word, how do I add the caps lock notification to my Status bar? Any help would be greatly appreciated. libralady9 wrote: > In Word, how do I add the caps lock notification to my Status bar? > Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you have Word 2007, right-click anywhere on the status bar and click the Caps Lock item in the menu. The words "Caps Lock" will appear in the status bar if caps lock is turned on, and they'll disappear when caps lock is turned off. For earlier versions of Word, there is no caps lock indicator (I think there was one much e...