Help, 52 Worksheets

I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it.  The first work sheet
has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each
spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc.

Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52
spreadsheets individually?
0
Susan (148)

You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented
across sheets?

Sub Number_Increment()
Dim myword As String
Dim iCtr As Long
    myword = "Report "
    For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
        With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1")
            .Value = myword & iCtr
        End With
    Next iCtr
End Sub

You want the sheet names to be Report 1, 2, 3 etc?

Sub RenameTabs()
  For I = 2 To Sheets.Count
            Sheets(I).Name = "Report " & I
  Next
End Sub

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:39:02 -0700, Susan <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it.  The first work sheet
>has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each
>spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc.
>
>Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52
>spreadsheets individually?

0
Gord
9/24/2009 3:33:16 PM
If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
more on "getting started".

or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm

In the meantime..........

First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.

To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.

Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.

Find your workbook/project and select it.

Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.

Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.

You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.

Gord

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:33:16 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:

>You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented
>across sheets?
>
>Sub Number_Increment()
>Dim myword As String
>Dim iCtr As Long
>    myword = "Report "
>    For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
>        With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1")
>            .Value = myword & iCtr
>        End With
>    Next iCtr
>End Sub
>
>You want the sheet names to be Report 1, 2, 3 etc?
>
>Sub RenameTabs()
>  For I = 2 To Sheets.Count
>            Sheets(I).Name = "Report " & I
>  Next
>End Sub
>

>Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
>On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:39:02 -0700, Susan <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com>
>wrote:
>
>>I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it.  The first work sheet
>>has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each
>>spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc.
>>
>>Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52
>>spreadsheets individually?

0
Gord
9/24/2009 3:40:27 PM
Thank you that worked perfectly!!!

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
> more on "getting started".

> or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.
>
> http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>
> In the meantime..........
>
> First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.
>
> To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
>
> Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.
>
> Find your workbook/project and select it.
>
> Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
> workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.
>
> Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.
>
> You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.
>

> Gord
>

> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:33:16 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>
> >You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented
> >across sheets?
> >
> >Sub Number_Increment()
> >Dim myword As String
> >Dim iCtr As Long
> >    myword = "Report "
> >    For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
> >        With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1")
> >            .Value = myword & iCtr
> >        End With
> >    Next iCtr
> >End Sub
> >
> >You want the sheet names to be Report 1, 2, 3 etc?
> >
> >Sub RenameTabs()
> >  For I = 2 To Sheets.Count
> >            Sheets(I).Name = "Report " & I
> >  Next
> >End Sub
> >

> >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
> >
> >On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 07:39:02 -0700, Susan <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >>I created a spreadsheet and made 51 more copies of it.  The first work sheet
> >>has Report # 1, now i want to change the report number by 1 on each
> >>spreadsheet, Report 2, Report 3, etc.
> >>
> >>Is there a simple formula I can use so i dont have to change all 52
> >>spreadsheets individually?

0
Susan (148)
9/24/2009 5:28:01 PM
You're welcome.

Just curious................what did you want done?

Value in cell or sheet name?

Gord

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 10:28:01 -0700, Susan <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thank you that worked perfectly!!!
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> If you're not familiar with VBA and macros, see David McRitchie's site for
>> more on "getting started".
>>
>> http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm
>>
>> or Ron de De Bruin's site on where to store macros.
>>
>> http://www.rondebruin.nl/code.htm
>>
>> In the meantime..........
>>
>> First...create a backup copy of your original workbook.
>>
>> To create a General Module, hit ALT + F11 to open the Visual Basic Editor.
>>
>> Hit CRTL + r to open Project Explorer.
>>
>> Find your workbook/project and select it.
>>
>> Right-click and Insert>Module.  Paste the code in there.  Save the
>> workbook and hit ALT + Q to return to your workbook.
>>
>> Run or edit the macro by going to Tool>Macro>Macros.
>>
>> You can also assign this macro to a button or a shortcut key combo.
>>

>> Gord
>>

>> On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 08:33:16 -0700, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
>>
>> >You have a cell on each sheet that you want Report 1, 2, 3 etc. incremented
>> >across sheets?
>> >
>> >Sub Number_Increment()
>> >Dim myword As String
>> >Dim iCtr As Long
>> >    myword = "Report "
>> >    For iCtr = 1 To Worksheets.Count
>> >        With Worksheets(iCtr).Range("A1")
>> >            .Value = myword & iCtr
>> >        End With
>> >    Next iCtr
>> >End Sub
>> >
>> >You want the sheet names to be Report 1, 2, 3 etc?
>> >
>> >Sub RenameTabs()
>> >  For I = 2 To Sheets.Count
>> >            Sheets(I).Name = "Report " & I
>> >  Next
>> >End Sub
>> >

>> >Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
Gord

sumifs help

Search a string in all worksheets ?
I am searching for a string say ABC in all worksheets in Excel 97. However, it seems that it only allows me to search it in the current worksheet. Is there any suggestion ? Hi Peter............ In XL2k, I just highlighted all three sheets using Right-click on one tab and choosing Select all sheets..........then did Edit > Find > and typed my search string in the window and hit "Find next" repeatedly and it cycled through all three sheets finding the string...........is that what you're wanting to do? Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Peter" <anonymous@di...

Help !

Help with this thing

Need function to insert worksheet name into a cell of that worksheet.
I have found a formula on the web help site to automatically insert a worksheet name into a cell of the worksheet. I have several worksheets and wish to identify each worksheet automatically in a cell of each worksheet. When I use the formula it initially brings in the correct worksheet name. However when I select another worksheet the prior name appears in the selected cell. Perhaps I need to change something in my formula or this is a problem that I can't correct. What is your suggestion? The following formula is what I am using in each worksheet. =MID(CELL("fil...

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

email a worksheet
Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to send entire workbook, right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise HTH: http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/mail3.htm Micky "Nadine" wrote: > Is there a way to email, just one worksheet froma workbook, don't want to > send entire workbook, > right now have to do alot of copy/paste into an email with just content want. > > Excel 2007/Outlook 2007 on Vista enterprise ...

help...help...help

Need help in data copying.

Macro Help

help me #2

CString help

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

Your Help is Appreciated

Adding and subtracting hours in Excel 2000 worksheet
I'm having some success with the addition part but not with the subtracting part! I have an Excel spreadsheet that is used to keep track of time worked by staff on a weekly basis and I need to keep track of the overtime worked. For example, one staff member has worked 40 hours, 54 minutes and 25 seconds in a week (displayed in a cell as 40:54:25 with the cell formatted as Category: --> Time and Type:--> 37:30:55). I then went to subtract 40 hours from the total hours worked to get the overtime displayed and thats where I'm having the problem. I tried the format of "=F9 -...

bcc help

Rules Wizard Help

More help with formula
I need 2 formulas for the following: Problem 1: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th numbers is those columns are 50 or less then I the sum to go in on column; then the sum of numbers between 51 to 100 to go into anothe column. Problem 2: Columns "c" thru "g" contain numbers from 1 thru 100. If th individual number 1-100 is used (3 times, 4 times, 5 times, etc.) tota the I need to show the number of times it was used in the columns. For example: If 1 is used 5 times in columns C thru G then the numbe is 5; the same with 2, th...

help help help IF function
i am new to excell and need help with a problem...... the problem is iam looking for a amount < = 3000.00 and iam to display in bold and in light green i have never had to deal with that i got as far as =IF<=3000 then iam lost or it that even right?? I'm far from a whiz at Excel but I'd use conditional formatting. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kimmy" <kimmy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADC77884-FC87-47A3-90F2-D2AAF957F5D1@microsoft.com... >i a...

IF OR help
I have entered the formula =IF(OR(D5="K",D5<=4,M32<=95),"INELIGIBLE"," ") I am trying to get a result that will display INELIGIBLE when the value in D5 is K,1,2,3,4 OR the value in M32 is less than 96. with this formula I now get INELIGIBLE when D5 is blank. I would like cell to be blank unless one of the specific conditions is met. If either D5 or M32 is blank, I would like this cell to also be blank M32 contains a formula that returns a blank cell unless data is entered elsewhere in the workbook Thanks for all the help -- dbconn...