Grouping Option Buttons ion a Group Box

I need to make four sets of three otion buttons. Xcel help is not very
helpfull as to how to use the group box.

Thanks Brujolito

0
brujolito (8)

On a worksheet or a VBA form?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

<brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to make four sets of three otion buttons. Xcel help is not very
> helpfull as to how to use the group box.
>
> Thanks Brujolito

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/15/2006 1:07:53 PM
In a workbook
Bernard Liengme wrote:
> On a worksheet or a VBA form?
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> <brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I need to make four sets of three option buttons. Xcel help is not very
> > helpfull as to how to use the group box.
> >
> > Thanks Brujolito

0
brujolito (8)
10/15/2006 1:16:19 PM
If you used optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar, put a groupbox (also on that
same toolbar) around the optionbuttons.

If you used optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, rightclick on each
of the members of the group, choose properties, and give that group a unique
groupname.

(You may need to hit the design mode icon first.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

> In a workbook
> Bernard Liengme wrote:
>> On a worksheet or a VBA form?
>> --
>> Bernard V Liengme
>> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
>> remove caps from email
>>
>> <brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I need to make four sets of three option buttons. Xcel help is not very
>> > helpfull as to how to use the group box.
>> >
>> > Thanks Brujolito

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
10/15/2006 3:02:36 PM
Thanks to both Bernard and Dave. That works.

Brujolito

Bernard Liengme wrote:
> Hope Dave's answers works for you. I was going to say more or less the same.
> --
> Bernard V Liengme
> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> remove caps from email
>
> <brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > In a workbook
> > Bernard Liengme wrote:
> >> On a worksheet or a VBA form?
> >> --
> >> Bernard V Liengme
> >> www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
> >> remove caps from email
> >>
> >> <brujolito@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
brujolito (8)

Grouping data
I am trying to group data for a specific event and have not been successful, so I am hoping someone can help. ID Date Value 174 12/3/2007 102 174 12/3/2007 909 174 12/11/2007 405 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/2007 1001 173 12/3/2007 500 I want to group by ID, the MAX Date for that ID and the Max Value for the ID & Max Date The desired result would be: ID Date Value 174 12/11/2007 701 206 12/6/...

query based distribution group
Hello all running Exchange 2007 sp2, I need to modify an existing query based DL so it finds mailboxes and if the account has two different email address stamped on it. For example if the mailbox has test1.com and test2.com and it's a mailbox then make it a member of the query based DL Thanks for any help If it has those two e-mail addresses? That should return just one recipient. Or do you mean a recipient with any two proxy addresses? I don't believe that's possible with LDAP. Or do you mean a mailbox-enabled user with proxy addresses in two domai...

Combo box
In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to the same address, basically a notification that the status is complete. Thanks, Mary I'd also like to include in the subject or message body the value in one field on the form if possible. "Mary" wrote: > In Access 97, I'd like to automate sending an email if the status of > "Completed" is selected from the dropdown list. The email would always go to > the same address, basically a notifi...

Group Footer at Bottom of Last Page of Group
I would like for a group footer to appear at the bottom of the last page of a group -- either hide the page footer on pages if it is not the last page of the group or have the group footer print at the bottom of the page. I have used the instructions to reset the page number and the total page count for each group. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/841779/en-us) I was hoping to be able to set it where if the page equals the total pages of the group, it will make the page footer visible. For some reason, if there is more than one page, it doesn't work properly. I have also used the i...

Customise button reply to and add text to subject line
I am trying to find a solution to a problem grateful for some direction. I have managed to configure a button in outlook to create a new email and add specific text to the subject line by adding mailto: as an email address and then specifying the text in the subject line. What i need to do is to configure a button which will add specific text "authorised" to the subject line when i click onto reply or reply to all. Is there an easy way to do this without creating vast vba ?? No. You'll need to use VBA. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Form options
Hi Why is it that the Combination list edit & Combination Drop down edit options in the forms toolbar in excel are faded out? How do you use them and when? thanks -- raw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28312 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482353 Somethings are on that Forms toolbar are not available on a worksheet. But they are available on a dialog sheet. rightclick on a worksheet tab|insert|General Tab|MS Excel 5.0 Dialog...

Creating Universal Groups with Distribution Group members?
Hello all. We have a Windows 2003 Active Directory with Exchange 2003, and I don't really want to duplicate work, but I think I may have to (ugh!). Here is the deal. I need to create an All Managers Universal Group with every group that has managers in it. So, what I tried doing, was I created a Universal Group and added the _All Managers DL into it -- but that didn't seem to work, according to my boss who asked me to create this UG for him. So, my question is, am I not allowed to add DL members to a Universal Security Group? And if now, is there any way that I can take...

Distribution Group list
I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable error message. Please help. Thanks Restart Exchange services. Linh wrote: > I have a problem with the distribution group list. Here > it goes: I removed and deleted the account from this > group list but whenever I send a task, it always tries to > reach this deleted account and give me a undeliverable > error message. Please help. Thanks ...

Data, Group got error message Cannot shift object off sheet
I created a command grouping several columns together by going to Data, Group. When I go to click on the "-" sign to group. It gives me an error message;"Cannot shift object off sheet". Why? and how can I fix it. Maybe you have some objects that get rearranged when you hide the columns using your grouping symbols. This may have some suggestions that work for you. It's kind of a similar problem. XL: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-ca;211769 Remember to look for comments and merged ...

File options
I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then select the file I want. Any suggestions anyone? On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 03:49:19 -0800, HR wrote: > I want to be able to view tabs for all open files (Word or > Excel) across the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, > without having to go to "window" on the tool bar and then > select the file I want. > > Any suggestions anyone? Yes, post this in the apropriate newsgroup. Likely o...

Local Data Groups
Hi, Does anyone know if its possible to create local data groups for offline clients and somehow push the groups out to all users, rather than going to each outlook laptop client? Jo Savidge You can deploy the SFO client using group policies. When the user next logs onto the domain the SFO client will be installed ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Jo Savidge" <JoSavidge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAE65DA4-C2E3-4F50-A78B-39C98940A129@microsoft.c...

graphing by group
I have 10 individuals in 5 groups. I would like to graph the individuals but keeping them within their groups. When I try to graph it ends up as 10 groups. I would also like to make each group of individuals a different colour. Thanks, Tim Hi Tim In Step 2 of Chart Wizard make sure you have Series by Rows or Series by Columns correctly selected. If you groups are in different columns us Series by Columns other wise use Series by Rows -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in e-mail address "Tim Pasma" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

List box and command button to display results in new form
I am missing something. In Access 2003 I never had this problem, but now I am using 2007. In a form I would create a list box that would display one column from a table. Then I would create a command button using the button wizard that would then open a form which would only display certain records, then I would link the list box to the appropriate column in the table and it would display the correct results according to what was selected in the list box. In 2007 I can not link the listbox to the appropriate column in the table in the wizard. Am I missing something when I create t...

Passing option group value to vba function
I'm sure I've done this before but can't for the life of me figure it out now, and hours of research online haven't helped. I'm simply trying to pass an option group value from a form to a vba function. I'd like the user to choose option1 or option2 and when they click a button, the function will run an if statement like "if option1.value=true then...." I've got 2 options named option1 and option2 and a frame called frame20, what else do I need? I've also tried bounding the selection to a textbox, but keep getting errors. Any help on the process? Tha...

Problem
We are having the following issue, when a user using Outlook XP that has two email Inboxes switches from one Inbox to the other, there is a delay of two to three seconds before the messages are displayed on the screen. We've checked with the Exchange group and everything seems to be ok at their end, this is driving me nuts, is there a setting on the GUI that I should be aware of, or that I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance, Jose P.S. This is only happening with PCs with Outlook XP! Disable Instant Messenger in Outlook... TOOLS - OPTIONS - OTHER ...

managing distribution groups
Hello all, I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go about that? Thanks so much Mike You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure. "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F2F3709-0900-46B1-B87B-A2449FD44B75@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I am running exchange 2003 and...

DSum by group
I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only within each group. It seems that most other functions (e.g Avg) automatically calculate by group, but DSum doesn't seem to be. =DSum([MKTCAP],"QryFILTER",[MKTCAP]>100) The text box is within the Group Footer, and I'd like it to return a different value below each group. Thanks! "RussG" <RussG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:697878DC-521A-4423-BB7F-97089D536EF2@microsoft.com... >I have a textbox with a DSum function, but would like it to query only >within...

Quickbooks to GP migration options
I am getting ready to start a GP implimentation and we currently have a mess of data in Quickbooks. We are planning to review and change our Chart of Accounts as part of the new implimentation. Can anyone that has experience with such an effort provide any insight to the following questions: Is it generally better to import the historical data as part of the migration? or Would it be better to setup GP, make the transition, and import the historical data later on as a separate effort? To what degree is it useful to cleanup the Quickbooks data before migrating it over? In other words, woul...

Re: Protecting worksheet with grouped cells
I have a worksheet which has rows as well as cloumns grouped. After protecting the worksheet I am unable to expand and collaspe my groups. error:"You cannot use this command on a protected sheet..." Is there a work-around/solution to this problem? You can only enable outlines and have worksheet protection through a macro: With Worksheets("Sheet1") .EnableOutlining = True .Protect UserInterfaceOnly:=True End With The EnableOutlining property (and UserInterfaceOnly) is not saved with the workbook unfortunately, so this code would have to be run ...

Outlook 2007 Advanced Find options greyed ou
Hi All For some reason in Outlook when I go to the advanced find to search for mails from a specific date with a specific subject all the advanced options From Body Subject To Add Criteria are greyed out, it is prompting me to click here to inable instant search but we have alot of users and don't want to go installing windows desktop search on peoples machines. Surely our users can run the advanced find without installing this? Thanks in advance for any help! Gerry ...

Grouping and grouping within groups
I really need help, and help fast, so thank you ahead of time! I nee to know how to group and group within a group. I have been able to d a group, but once I group within the group and try to group anothe group withing that group it combines them. I know I can put a spac between the information so it doesn't combine them but that doesn' seem to be the right way to do things. For instance I have thre different area codes and I want to group them, then within those group I have five different colors of houses in that area code. I want t group the different colors within their area ...

Printing problems in the advanced find dialog box
I am using the advanced find tool in outlook to search my journal entries for a specific set of records by catagory. I then turn on the auto preview to expand all the details for the found records. When I then select all found records and print in memo view I get all the records to print, 1 page per record. If, however, I print those same records to a table view I get just a row of headings accross the top of the page but no data. Is this a bug in outlook or am I doing something wrong? -- Alan Barnes Innovative Solutions ...

Prompt Box Customization
I would appreciate any input regarding the following. I have kit items (Fans, motors, shims and belts) that the configuration varies depending on what RPM the customer is trying to achieve. The Warehouse Tech takes the hand written RPM information and assembles the various items with the correct sizes etc. I would like a utility or add-on that would allow me to create kit items on an ongoing basis that when one selects the kit item number in SOP, a dialog box would appear prompting for the RPM and then have that value automatically concatenated with “### RPM - Warehouse Tech to determin...

Show Groups as Page Header
I used the report wizard to create a report based on a table. The table has 252 records. When I preview the report, it only shows 242 records. The records are sorted / grouped by district. In the table, the fields are District Business Name DBA Name Amount The wizard placed the District and field names into the District Name Header. To make the report more readable, how can I get the group headers to be the page headers? That is, if a group prints over more than one page, how can I get the page header to show the group name? You can set the "Repeat Section" property of the Gro...

E2K3 Storage Groups
What are advantages, and more importantly, disadvantages to using multiple Storage Groups. I have heard that having more then 2 SG's creates extra CPU load, is this true? The only benefit I see so far is logical separation for use in exchange manager, and that you can point translogs and system path to different locations, if you had different physical drives, I could see this as a benefit. I have a situation where I'd like to do the following -Storage Group for local users - Multiple stores with different store policies -Storage Group for remote users - Multiple stores with diff...