Getting Sheets Copied From One Workbook to Another Without ....?

Hello, I have a situation where I want to move 3 sheets from on
workbook to another.  The Problem is that the sheets appears to carr
their File Path with them creating a Problem for my formulas within th
destination sheet..

Is there a way to keep the Formulas in tact to represent th
destination sheet?

The Workbooks have the same Data, but 3 sheets from the source workboo
need to be inserted in the destination workbook without paths in th
formulas leading back to the source workbook (file).

eg.

Source workbook sheet1 A1 Reads:

=IF(DAY14!B33>0,DAY14!C33,"")

When it is copied to the Destination Worksheet it Reads:

=IF('[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!B33>0,'[JULY CALL
CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!C33,"")

I modified the above formula slightly to remove the Reference errors
but I just want to show basically what is happening...

Thanks for any help here..

--
Mh
Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3598

Not sure what happens with the source spreadsheet when you export the 3
sheets.  Depending on this, you may be able to use SAVE AS, then delete
the sheets you don't want, rather than try to export the ones you want
to keep.  This should solve the problem, but it will depend on what you
want to do with the source sheet after the export.

Matt

--
Mallycat
Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514

Some thoughts ..
> .. The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry
> their File Path with them creating a Problem
> for my formulas within the destination sheet [book]

Think it's because the formulas on the sheets within the source book to be
moved over are referencing other sheets in the source book

> Is there a way to keep the Formulas intact to represent the
> destination sheet?

Try tinkering in this way ..

First, ensure that all dependent sheetnames referenced by the formulas
within the sheets to be moved over, eg: Day14, etc actually *exist* within
the destination book before proceeding ..

In the source book,
(Do this one sheet at a time)

Select the entire sheet to be moved
Click Edit > Replace
Find what: =
Replace with: zzzzz
Click Replace All
(this effectively "neutralizes" all formulas on the sheet)

Then move the sheet over to the destination book,
and reverse the process ..

Select the entire sheet (which is copied over)
Click Edit > Replace
Find what: zzzzz
Replace with: =
Click Replace All
(Array formulas, if any, would need to be re-entered using CSE & re-filled)

Repeat for next sheet ...
--
Max
Singapore
"Mhz" wrote:
> Hello, I have a situation where I want to move 3 sheets from one
> workbook to another.  The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry
> their File Path with them creating a Problem for my formulas within the
> destination sheet..
>
> Is there a way to keep the Formulas in tact to represent the
> destination sheet?
>
> The Workbooks have the same Data, but 3 sheets from the source workbook
> need to be inserted in the destination workbook without paths in the
> formulas leading back to the source workbook (file).
>
> eg.
>
> Source workbook sheet1 A1 Reads:
>
> =IF(DAY14!B33>0,DAY14!C33,"")
>
> When it is copied to the Destination Worksheet it Reads:
>
> =IF('[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!B33>0,'[JULY CALLS
> CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!C33,"")
>
> I modified the above formula slightly to remove the Reference errors,
> but I just want to show basically what is happening...
>
> Thanks for any help here...
>

> --
> Mhz
> Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561798

0
demechanik (4694)
7/17/2006 9:25:02 AM

"Mhz" wrote:
> Hello, I have a situation where I want to move 3 sheets from one
> workbook to another.  The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry
> their File Path with them creating a Problem for my formulas within the
> destination sheet..
>
> Is there a way to keep the Formulas in tact to represent the
> destination sheet?
>
> The Workbooks have the same Data, but 3 sheets from the source workbook
> need to be inserted in the destination workbook without paths in the
> formulas leading back to the source workbook (file).
>
> eg.
>
> Source workbook sheet1 A1 Reads:
>
> =IF(DAY14!B33>0,DAY14!C33,"")
>
> When it is copied to the Destination Worksheet it Reads:
>
> =IF('[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!B33>0,'[JULY CALLS
> CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!C33,"")
>
> I modified the above formula slightly to remove the Reference errors,
> but I just want to show basically what is happening...
>
> Thanks for any help here...
>

> --
> Mhz
> Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561798

0
demechanik (4694)
7/17/2006 9:26:01 AM

"Mhz" wrote:
> Hello, I have a situation where I want to move 3 sheets from one
> workbook to another.  The Problem is that the sheets appears to carry
> their File Path with them creating a Problem for my formulas within the
> destination sheet..
>
> Is there a way to keep the Formulas in tact to represent the
> destination sheet?
>
> The Workbooks have the same Data, but 3 sheets from the source workbook
> need to be inserted in the destination workbook without paths in the
> formulas leading back to the source workbook (file).
>
> eg.
>
> Source workbook sheet1 A1 Reads:
>
> =IF(DAY14!B33>0,DAY14!C33,"")
>
> When it is copied to the Destination Worksheet it Reads:
>
> =IF('[JULY CALLS CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!B33>0,'[JULY CALLS
> CREATION BU9 TESTING.xls]DAY14!C33,"")
>
> I modified the above formula slightly to remove the Reference errors,
> but I just want to show basically what is happening...
>
> Thanks for any help here...
>

> --
> Mhz
> Mhz's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35980
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=561798

0
demechanik (4694)
7/17/2006 9:29:01 AM
Oh Max, I would be Nights Behind if I didn't have your powerfu
programming help ;)   YES, this works great for moving Sheets betwee
Workbooks without the File Link Traveling Behind ...  Thanks Very Muc
.....  The Frown Has returned An Happy Face ...:

--

"Mhz" wrote:
> Oh Max, I would be Nights Behind if I didn't have your powerful
> programming help ;)   YES, this works great for moving Sheets between
> Workbooks without the File Link Traveling Behind ...  Thanks Very Much
> .....  The Frown Has returned An Happy Face ...:)

Glad to hear it worked ! Like you now <g>, I've also learnt from and
benefited immeasurably from the many regular responders in these excel
newsgroups over the years. Besides reading answered posts, try plunging in
and answering some posts too. That's one good way to enjoy and learn around
here.
--
Max
Singapore
http://savefile.com/projects/236895
xdemechanik
---
0
demechanik (4694)

copy and past chart 11-21-07
I have 22 employees. I have created 22 different queries for different performance data. From these I want to creat a chart for each employee. Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the same in appearance. I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this? I successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source fo...

How to transfer message rules from one computer to another
Hi I would like to know about How to transfer message rules from one computer to another Computer? Thanks Assuming the other computer's running OE, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/276511/ and/or http://www.insideoe.com/backup/partial.htm -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 www.banthecheck.com nospam wrote: > Hi > > I would like to know about How to transfer message rules from one > computer > to another Computer? > > Thanks The Partial Backup: http://www.insideoe.com/backup/p...

Macro to email workbook back to sender
I have a survey in an Excel file which is emailed to a user to complete At the end of the survey, the user presses a button which activates macro to pull up the mail dialog. I'd like to alter the VB code i this macro to further automate this process including automaticall writing the original sender's address in the To: line of the mai dialog and re-naming the workbook using text strings (e.g. name, dept. the user enters at the start of the survey. Ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ron has tons of code at http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm but these th...

eDITING A SHEET
LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY LAPTOP. i TOOK IT TO WORK AND CAN EDIT THERE. cAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHAT i DID AND HOW TO FIX IT.ROGER Can you at least open the file? If so, you might have just protected the workbook/sheet. Try going to Tools-> Protection to see if you can unprotect the file. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "ROGER" wrote: > LAST NIGHT I WAS WORKING ON A EXCEL SHHET AS i WAS i DID SOMETHING AND NOW i > CANNT EDIT THE SHEET ON MY...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

A Crystal Beginner

No one can schudle a meeting
Since we upgraded from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 and my staff can not invite others in the office through calendar invitation in outlook 2000. When they click on any name, their time show like this ////////////////////////////////// (no information). Since this is effecting everybody in the office, I am sure the answer is easy but where? Can anybody help? Thanks, Dooma: That doesn't mean that people can't schedule meetings. It just means that the free/busy time for the particular user is not available. For the users who show up with //// for their F/B times, go to the use...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

How can I attach a another mail to new email as not a file or picture ?
Hi, I could attach at MS Outlook a another email that could be received another time or person , but i can't find to choose for a email option. Could you make a help this to me? Best Regards It's not clear what you want to do. If you wish to forward a message, just highlight it and click on "Forward" or "Actions - Forward" or "Actions - Forward as attachment" If you are composing a message, and want to attach another message, the easiest way is to drag & drop the message into the composition window. If you wish to delay the s...

Pulldown List to open Workbook.
I have a supplier who updates his pricelist via several spreadsheets. I want to create an interface so that I may access the appropriate pricelist (workbook) by simply selecting the proper category from a pulldown menu (list). So basically, if I select "Piping" from the pulldown menu, it would open "Piping.xls" either within my main workbook or by itself. I have no macro experience so I was hoping I could do this without using them... is this possible? Opening a workbook from a dropdown box requires a macro. You could, however, create a list of links to your workbooks (...

How do I get??

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

What's "can't shift items off sheet" in Excel?
I have a rather large Excel file (I'm adding items to the "G" columns. I have several columns hidden (old data I want to keep) and only about 8 or 10 columns unhidden. When I tried to hide three more columns just now, I get an Excel message "can't shift items off sheet". What does this mean? I've been using Excel for 11 years, and have never seen this message. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=170081 XL97: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet" Error Hiding Columns http://support.microsoft.com/?id=211769 XL2000: "Cannot Shift Objects Off Sheet&...

problems copying invoice form but then changing to a different font
I've downloaded an Invoice form (in .doc format) but the downloaded version has a font where all the letters appear unnaturally compressed. I've tried to change it to a more readable font (select all, then changed font to Arial, size to 10). Now the letters/font look good but the different lines and text entries are in the wrong positions. It looks like the size of the original page won't accomodate the new font and parts of the text have shifted to incorrect positions. If this is just a page size problem, how would I go about adjusting the new document before I change...