Get Excel to provide equation for my x and y

I am doing an assignment on how hot water gets in degrees celcius when so
many kilojoules are supplied to it. i have a graph, with data provided to me
for this function. kilojoules is my y, and degrees celcius is my x. i need to
get excel to provide an equation that relates heat, y supplied to temp., x,
in the range of 0-100 degrees celcius.
0
hasargent (1)

In A1 type the word temperature; in B1 the word kilojoules
Under these enter your data
Put the mouse pointer anywhere with in the data; use the Chart Wizard on the
toolbar to make an XY chart with just markers (no line)
When you have the chart, right click a marker in the chart; use Insert
Trendline; specify Linear trendline and in the Options check the Display
Formula
If the fit is not good, right click the trendline in the chart; use Format
Trendline and change it to a second order polynomial
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"hasargent" <hasargent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am doing an assignment on how hot water gets in degrees celcius when so
> many kilojoules are supplied to it. i have a graph, with data provided to
> me
> for this function. kilojoules is my y, and degrees celcius is my x. i need
> get excel to provide an equation that relates heat, y supplied to temp.,
> x,
> in the range of 0-100 degrees celcius.

0
bliengme5824 (3040)
12/5/2007 1:43:46 AM
Your first sentence tells me the temperature is the dependent variable so
strictly, celsius should by Y and kilojoules should be X.

If your data is set out as you have explained it then you should get what
the teacher is expecting but be aware the equation could be wrong if you have
the axis the wrong way round (I think!)

Just a warning

"hasargent" wrote:

> I am doing an assignment on how hot water gets in degrees celcius when so
> many kilojoules are supplied to it. i have a graph, with data provided to me
> for this function. kilojoules is my y, and degrees celcius is my x. i need to
> get excel to provide an equation that relates heat, y supplied to temp., x,
> in the range of 0-100 degrees celcius.

Reflecting info between an excel file and a word one or two excel file.
I have an Excel file that I use as a database with the dates of the time when my company does the maintenance of our electronics tools (we work in an industry that uses them a lot, we have around 200 in an Excel file). So the documents look as follows (the images are copied and edited in paint, that's why they look kinda weird). They are next to each other; I divided it here in order to fit it to word's format (it's in Spanish, there's no need for you to understand what it says anyway): Go to www.caladeamerica.com.ar/1st file.jpg please and see it. We do the maintenance of...

How do I import a WORD file into EXCEL? #2
I'd like to import a WORD table to Excel but when I go to "Select Data Source", only other EXCEL files show, not my WORD files but the Help function indicates that all files should be showing. I've selected "Text Files" from the Data Source; I've tried "All File Types" with no luck. Anybody have a clue for me? ..signed, an Excel Idiot......thanks! File>open and select all files or copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "MauiMama" <MauiMama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27741FDC-23BA-478D-98AC-21760...

A Crystal Beginner

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

Get paid while you get online!!

How to program an excel macro to repeat a series of keystrokes?
I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the range is reached. How do I teach the macro to automatically repeat the keystoke series? I am using XP, and Excel 2002 10.4. Thanks for your help!!! Hi there, Look up Sendkeys in the visual basic editor help. Hope that helps Naz, London "Beancounter" wrote: > I want to program an Excel macro to set a columnar range, then perform the > keystroke series "F2, Home, =, Enter" repeatedly until the end of the ...

Change Excel Icon
Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? Many Thanks. Kevin. Right click the icon, go to properties, select Change Icon. "kevin" <kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD3D14AE-46DA-4D03-944F-B04BF1DA0D8C@microsoft.com... > Is there any way that the Excel Icon can be changed (without creating a > shotcut) but still open as an excel application when clicked? > > Many Thanks. > > Kevin. Kevin AFAIK you cannot change the icon for the Excel.exe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

Footers/Headers in Excel
Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? Yes. Select what you want in Word and copy. Go to custom header spot. You need to click in there and hit ctrl;v There's no command to actually paste (like right clicking). ctrl;c = copy ctrl;v = paste "sls" wrote: > Can I paste from Word to a custom header or footer in Excel? ...

Excel shuts down!
Using "Microsoft Office 2007" - which I didn't like to start with, but be that as it may, I am obliged to use it. Don't know if Microsoft has made recent changes, but my Excel has, until today,seemed to be working ok. I only use a couple of rather simple files, and every time I attempt to modify the color of test. I get a window that says "Excel has stopped working - check on line for solution". I have no idea where to check on line of a solution, and it also shows a problem signature as follows: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Applica...

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

How do I get??

How to export Excell page to print in Word program
I do have one page of Excel with resume information that want to add as the second page of my resume. The first page of my resume is in the Word program (it prints well, no problem with that), then I want to add a second page to print on the back of this first page (which is what I did in Excel; it uses tables, so that is why the second page has to be done in Excel). I have a duplex printer, so my printer can print second pages on the back of the first page well. My problem is: When I try to copy my Excel page and then paste it onto the second page of my first page Word resume, the pa...

Two excel problems
I am using Excel 2000, I have two problem, one small, one big Small problem I have a worksheet with just under 5000 rows and half a dozen columns. Two of the columns contain telephone numbers. Unfortunately in the conversion of the data to get it into a format that excel could use the leading "0" was stripped from the phone number, how can I put the "0" back in again (I don't have access to the original data so I can't rerun the conversion). Big problem This ones a little harder, I have a worksheet with around 40 telephone number on it in one column (call this wo...