Formula to return tomorrow's date.

I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?
0
Shadyhosta (15)

One way:

    =TODAY() + 1

In article <668782AC-774A-475F-9821-8A4C3B14A983@microsoft.com>,
 "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
> Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
12/26/2004 6:07:01 PM
I assume that you want the date to remain static after entry.

Easiest way, use 2 cells.

Format the cell that's to display the date as you wish, then enter this
formula:

=A1+1
With A1 representing a cell where you can easily enter:
<Ctrl> < ; >, (that's a semicolon).

You could format that A1 cell to be "white on white", so it wouldn't be
visible.
--
HTH,

RD

"Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's
date.
> Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in
Excel?

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
12/26/2004 6:17:30 PM
If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
JE?

One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
then would not change from day to day.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> One way:
>
>     =TODAY() + 1
>

> In article <668782AC-774A-475F-9821-8A4C3B14A983@microsoft.com>,
>  "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date.
> > Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?

0
Don4849 (203)
12/26/2004 6:23:04 PM
Hmmm...The OP said the report has to be turned in the night before, not
tomorrow.

I took the OP's request literally: "is ithere (sic) a date formula that
will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?"

    =TODAY()+1

does just that. Any other solution I can think of requires a manual
entry or VBA. Likewise, it assumes the report will be printed or pdf,
not delivered as an XL file.

In article <E59728E2-4515-453A-A8F8-1C6296FB3AC4@microsoft.com>,
 Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
> JE?
>
> One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
> special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
> then would not change from day to day.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
12/26/2004 6:53:44 PM

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> Hmmm...The OP said the report has to be turned in the night before, not
> tomorrow.
>
> I took the OP's request literally: "is ithere (sic) a date formula that
> will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel?"
>
>     =TODAY()+1
>
> does just that. Any other solution I can think of requires a manual
> entry or VBA. Likewise, it assumes the report will be printed or pdf,
> not delivered as an XL file.
>

> In article <E59728E2-4515-453A-A8F8-1C6296FB3AC4@microsoft.com>,
>  Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > If the report is turned in tomorrow, won't that give him the next days date
> > JE?
> >
> > One way would be to use a macro, insert your formula, copy it, paste
> > special/value back in the same cell formatted as date. The date on the report
> > then would not change from day to day.

Absolutely correct........
0
Don4849 (203)

help with formula please #2

automated message returns
How do you setup automated message returns in Outlook and Outlook Express (for things like vacation)? Is it through the program or through the internet provider? Any info would be appreciated! For Outlook, if you are connecting to an Exchange Server you can use the Out of Office Assistant for this purpose. If you're a standalone user, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work, and of course the rule will reply to everyone, even spammers. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Count formula within a named range.

Capturing Date
I have tried writing a macro that would let me capture the date from my computer and place it in cell D2. The captured day will be moved intact at the end of the day Is there a command that will let me do that? Thanks for the help in advance. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-new/200609/1 Hi, Why do you need a macro for this if Excel has a formula like this? In Cell D2, put: =TODAY() "Larry Fish via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > I have tried writing a macro that would let me capture the date from my > computer and place it in...

Formula to return a formula

try/catch, return from catch ?
Is this baaad? try { m_Database.OpenEx( sDSN ); return TRUE; } catch( CDBException* pxE ) { pxE->Delete(); return FALSE; } or MUST I exist the try/catch clause first before returning to allow some kind of clean up? e.g. BOOL bFail = FALSE; try { m_Database.OpenEx( sDSN ); } catch( CDBException* pxE ) { pxE->Delete(); bFail = TRUE; } return !bFail; Lisa The second method is better method. It will allow cleanup tooo if required. But i think it is not a good idea to write code which includes negations as it can be written without that. In the second c...

Including a formula in a path name.

VLOOKUP returns incorrect data
I am using VLOOKUP to determine addresses from a master list. However I have found that if the Lookup Value is NOT in the Table Array, I will get incorrect information. For example if the Table Array has entries for Schmidt and Schultz, and I attempt to lookup Schnell (which is not in the Table Array), I will get the value for Schultz, which is incorrect. How can this be avoided? Or, how can I get a message saying the Lookup Value was not found - rather than getting incorrect results? You would have missed out the last argument of VLOOKUP() Range_lookup which is a logical...

FORMULA #14

Report returning table ID, not actual table data
I have a table which has First Name and Last Name as fields. I have another table used for problems that references this into 1 field called FullName. The properties for this is a combobox and the row source is: SELECT [EmployeeID], [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM Employees ORDER BY [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName]; Now I am trying to create a report from the Problems table that will only show open problems. I did this by creating a query. The query is correct . My problem is with the actual report. Instead of listing the Name field, it is...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Dates on tracked payments
I just upgraded to 2003 from 2000. I transfered all my setting over and have been having trouble entering common transactions like my upcoming bills and paychecks. When I select a common transaction from my checking account Bills list Money lists the upcoming date correctly. When I click on this transaction to enter it the date is from a month ago. Is there a cache file or something that I need to deltete to make Money update these transaction dates? ...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...