formula problem #2

Hi,
This formula has references to other sheets in the same file.
I have this formula in A1 : =IF('47'!$B$1<>0;'47'!$B$1;" ")
I have this formula in A2 : =IF('48'!$B$1<>0;'48'!$B$1;" ")
and so on and so on.
I want to copy this formula in about 50 rows. So i tried to click it and 
move it to others cells. But the formula stays the same. I thought the 
numbers 47 and 48 should increase with 1, but they don't.
How could I solve this ?

Bart

0
Bart (37)
10/21/2005 10:11:05 AM
excel.newusers 15348 articles. 2 followers. Follow

4 Replies
686 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 2

Change it to

=IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1"<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1;" ")

and copy down


-- 

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)


"Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F27728DC-7B8C-4B83-B8CF-10ADDEEDCDC2@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
> This formula has references to other sheets in the same file.
> I have this formula in A1 : =IF('47'!$B$1<>0;'47'!$B$1;" ")
> I have this formula in A2 : =IF('48'!$B$1<>0;'48'!$B$1;" ")
> and so on and so on.
> I want to copy this formula in about 50 rows. So i tried to click it and
> move it to others cells. But the formula stays the same. I thought the
> numbers 47 and 48 should increase with 1, but they don't.
> How could I solve this ?
>
> Bart
>


0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/21/2005 10:39:08 AM
Thank you Bob, but it's not the solution I think.
You refer to A47, which is a cell, but i want to refer to a sheet which is 
called '47'. To make it easier to understand i changed the formula :

I have this formula in A1 : =IF('sheet47'!$B$1<>0;'sheet47'!$B$1;" ")
I have this formula in A2 : =IF('sheet48'!$B$1<>0;'sheet48'!$B$1;" ")

So i want to make 'sheet47' variable, so it counts to sheet49, sheet50, 
sheet51, ...

Is this more clear ?



"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> Change it to
> 
> =IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1"<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1;" ")
> 
> and copy down
> 
> 
> -- 
> 
> HTH
> 
> RP
> (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> 
> 
> "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F27728DC-7B8C-4B83-B8CF-10ADDEEDCDC2@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> > This formula has references to other sheets in the same file.
> > I have this formula in A1 : =IF('47'!$B$1<>0;'47'!$B$1;" ")
> > I have this formula in A2 : =IF('48'!$B$1<>0;'48'!$B$1;" ")
> > and so on and so on.
> > I want to copy this formula in about 50 rows. So i tried to click it and
> > move it to others cells. But the formula stays the same. I thought the
> > numbers 47 and 48 should increase with 1, but they don't.
> > How could I solve this ?
> >
> > Bart
> >
> 
> 
> 
0
Bart (37)
10/21/2005 11:07:03 AM
I know what you want, but there was an error ijn my previous post

Try

=IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1")<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1");"")

-- 

HTH

RP
(remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)


"Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:671F0760-FD9D-4DC7-9F52-D3FCDC0A23C5@microsoft.com...
> Thank you Bob, but it's not the solution I think.
> You refer to A47, which is a cell, but i want to refer to a sheet which is
> called '47'. To make it easier to understand i changed the formula :
>
> I have this formula in A1 : =IF('sheet47'!$B$1<>0;'sheet47'!$B$1;" ")
> I have this formula in A2 : =IF('sheet48'!$B$1<>0;'sheet48'!$B$1;" ")
>
> So i want to make 'sheet47' variable, so it counts to sheet49, sheet50,
> sheet51, ...
>
> Is this more clear ?
>
>
>
> "Bob Phillips" wrote:
>
> > Change it to
> >
> > =IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1"<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1;" ")
> >
> > and copy down
> >
> >
> > -- 
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > RP
> > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> >
> >
> > "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:F27728DC-7B8C-4B83-B8CF-10ADDEEDCDC2@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi,
> > > This formula has references to other sheets in the same file.
> > > I have this formula in A1 : =IF('47'!$B$1<>0;'47'!$B$1;" ")
> > > I have this formula in A2 : =IF('48'!$B$1<>0;'48'!$B$1;" ")
> > > and so on and so on.
> > > I want to copy this formula in about 50 rows. So i tried to click it
and
> > > move it to others cells. But the formula stays the same. I thought the
> > > numbers 47 and 48 should increase with 1, but they don't.
> > > How could I solve this ?
> > >
> > > Bart
> > >
> >
> >
> >


0
bob.phillips1 (6510)
10/21/2005 11:23:16 AM
Thank you Bob, it works now

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

> I know what you want, but there was an error ijn my previous post
> 
> Try
> 
> =IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1")<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1");"")
> 
> -- 
> 
> HTH
> 
> RP
> (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> 
> 
> "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:671F0760-FD9D-4DC7-9F52-D3FCDC0A23C5@microsoft.com...
> > Thank you Bob, but it's not the solution I think.
> > You refer to A47, which is a cell, but i want to refer to a sheet which is
> > called '47'. To make it easier to understand i changed the formula :
> >
> > I have this formula in A1 : =IF('sheet47'!$B$1<>0;'sheet47'!$B$1;" ")
> > I have this formula in A2 : =IF('sheet48'!$B$1<>0;'sheet48'!$B$1;" ")
> >
> > So i want to make 'sheet47' variable, so it counts to sheet49, sheet50,
> > sheet51, ...
> >
> > Is this more clear ?
> >
> >
> >
> > "Bob Phillips" wrote:
> >
> > > Change it to
> > >
> > > =IF(INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1"<>0;INDIRECT("'"&ROW(A47)&"'!$B$1;" ")
> > >
> > > and copy down
> > >
> > >
> > > -- 
> > >
> > > HTH
> > >
> > > RP
> > > (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct)
> > >
> > >
> > > "Bart" <Bart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > news:F27728DC-7B8C-4B83-B8CF-10ADDEEDCDC2@microsoft.com...
> > > > Hi,
> > > > This formula has references to other sheets in the same file.
> > > > I have this formula in A1 : =IF('47'!$B$1<>0;'47'!$B$1;" ")
> > > > I have this formula in A2 : =IF('48'!$B$1<>0;'48'!$B$1;" ")
> > > > and so on and so on.
> > > > I want to copy this formula in about 50 rows. So i tried to click it
> and
> > > > move it to others cells. But the formula stays the same. I thought the
> > > > numbers 47 and 48 should increase with 1, but they don't.
> > > > How could I solve this ?
> > > >
> > > > Bart
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
Bart (37)
10/21/2005 11:56:10 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

help with formula please #2
Can anyone please help with this formula. If Sheet1 Column A = nothing(blank) And Column B = \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ Then Sheet 2 B7 = SumTotal. As a regular formula would be nice or VB code Hi Richard you want nothing at all in the whole of column A in sheet 1? do you want every cell in column B of sheet 1 to have \\\\\\CC\\\\\\ or should this (can this) only appear in one cell? and what range are you summing on sheet 2 in cell B7? Cheers JulieD "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82ce01c477e1$77f0e740$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone please ...

Changing a range of an array in a SUMPRODUCT formula gives a #N/A error
I have a working SUMPRODUCT formula {=SUMPRODUCT(($C$4:$C$4341=z8)*(audittypefm1="Standard"))} that I need to change the 1st array to C5623. When I do I get a #N/A error. I've tried giving the range a name (empnofm2), and I've verified all the data in the C4:C5623 range is formated the same (general, it is all employee numbers from 2 to 5 digits long. I'm using a "trim all" macro which is working great. I am unable to determine what is causing the #N/A and how to fix it. Basically I copied an entire worksheet within the same workbook and changed the name, wh...

Data Migration Problem 01-14-05
Hello, i had just read the data migration frameworkguide, and i'm trying to migrate data into the crm database. But i have not the same entries in my cdf_Account_info table, but data is in cdf_Account table present. What is working wrong?? log files are correct. I hope someone can help me! ali Hi Ali, This sometimes happens if the triggers on the cdf_Account table don't fire. I'm not sure as to the reason behind this but you can manually update the cdf_Account_info and cdf_Account_ext files with the AccountId from cdf_Account. Try use the following SQL: Insert Into cdf_A...

Appending or Up-dating a formula
I am using an =Ave function in a formula to average quite a few cell values together. I add new information all the time; sometimes 5 or 6 new cells at a time. How can I append or up-date my formula to include these new cells with out have to type the new cells into the formula? When I make the cell that has the formula in it active/edit, all of the cells that are referenced in the formula have a highlight around them. Is there a key or key combination I can press while clicking on the cells I want to add to the formula? Thanks, john Hi see your post in Excel.misc -- Regards Frank ...

help with a formula #5
I have 98 sets of magazines each set has 12 in the set what formula can I use to get a total of issues in all sets have you tried 98*12 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Just Me" <no@isp.com> wrote in message news:eZ66ZEGHGHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have 98 sets of magazines each set has 12 in the set > > what formula can I use to get a total of issues in all sets > =98*12 or =A1*A2 if the numbers are in A1 and A2 -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Just Me" <n...

Public Folder Problem #9
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 Server SP1. Our public folders got messed up in our remote site, and I deleted the public store on that server and recreated it figuring I could backfill from our Main corporate mail server, running the same configuration. The remote site doesn't show any of the replicas from our corporate box even though I have added them. I turned Public Folder logging to maxium on both servers and they are saying they are replicating fine. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? If you need more information, I would be more than happy ...

EUREKA -- the mutual fund problem is fixed
I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this time, the update worked. Both the quotes and the date were correct. EUREKA! Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed. We did it! "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230lQmZ03FHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this >time, the update worked. Both the quotes and the date were correct. >EUREKA! Mine just upda...

Dead Server in Exchange 5.5 #2
Hi Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5 that is in a different site? I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this is not available when the server is in another site. Also does simply highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange? Thanks Gary You have to connect to a server in the site in question to delete, I believe. If this is the last server in the site, then you should remove the whole site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340 -- David Wilhoit Exchange MV...

Match #2
Hi, I have references on sheet 1 column A and I have part of these references on sheet 2 column A as well. On Sheet 1 column B, I want to put "Yes" for references on sheet 1 which match references on Sheet 2 and "No" for otherwise. N.B: There might be several rows with the same referece on Sheet 1, while on sheet 2 there is a unique reference for each raw. -- tarig Hi Tarig In sheet1,type in cell B1 the formula below. =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,"yes","no") Regards Cimjet "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9A84...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

Puzzling font problem
Hello, I have an mfc app that is exhibiting incorrect output using ExtTextOut(), but only with certain fonts and certain characters. For example, using Arial, the inverted question mark is display as the "ae" character. As I switch fonts in the app, it is displayed as it should. Any comments would be much appreciated.... Definitely puzzling. I've looked through several font sets, including the old IBM OEM font and modern Unicode, but nothing leapt out as to why this should be happening. Can you create an absolutely minimal app that exhibits this behavior? joe On 30 Ja...

Formula #29
Hi, What formula should I use if I want it to look at a specific cell and then work out the total number between two numbers. e.g. if cell H6 had 7-4 entered the number 9 would be returned. Thanks in advance I'm not sure how you got 9, but your life would be much easier if you used two separate cells and then subtracted the smaller from the larger (and then added one???). Boenerge wrote: > > Hi, > What formula should I use if I want it to look at a specific cell and then > work out the total number between two numbers. > e.g. if cell H6 had 7-4 entered the number 9 woul...

Can offset be used in this formula?
Can the offset be used in the below formula for the information in column "K"? In column L have the the following formula's L46 =MAX($I46*1000-$K$46*$J46,0) L47 =MAX($I47*1000-$K$46*$J47,0) .... L99 =MAX($I99*1000-$K$46*$J99,0) What I'd like to do is to copy the fomula into columns M, N, O, ... M47 =MAX($I47*1000-$K$47*$J47,0) M48 =MAX($I48*1000-$K$47*$J48,0) M49 =MAX($I49*1000-$K$47*$J49,0) .... N48 =MAX($I48*1000-$K$48*$J48,0) N49 =MAX($I49*1000-$K$48*$J49,0) .... O50 =MAX($I50*1000-$K$50*$J50,0) O51 =MAX($I51*1000-$K$50*$J51,0) .... How abou...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.
I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date. Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel? One way: =TODAY() + 1 In article <668782AC-774A-475F-9821-8A4C3B14A983@microsoft.com>, "Shadyhosta" <Shadyhosta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a report that must be turned in the night before for tomorrow's date. > Is ithere a date formula that will return tomorrow's date to a cell in Excel? I assume that you want the date to remain static after entry. Easiest way, use 2...

Weekday formula
Can anyone help with the weekday formula. What I want to do is enter the date in say A1 11/20/2003 and have B return the answer of Thursday. Currently I use the weekday formula bu only returns the number of the day. Thanks in advance B ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are several ways to do this. One is to enter =A1 and format the cell with a custom number format of dddd. Another way is to use the function =TEXT(A1,"dddd"). -- Cordiall...

Formula to return a formula
At least I think that's what I'm looking for. here's my situation: I've got a sheet where there is a variable (X) that changes depending on what row it is on. So I have a column (column c) that lists these variables (X is dependant on things from a different sheet). X is a muliplier that is utilized differently depending on the value of N. N is a Picklist selection and can change periodically. Or even be duplicated on more than one row. I have a vlookup that checks the value of N (column a) and needs to return a formula that has X applied if needed on the approp...

User Manager Login problem
Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything works fine, however when I attempt to logon to the User Manager, I get the following error: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON." (80040e4d) Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Mike Mike, Did you go through the steps of assigning a license to the Admin user? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:55:49 -0400, "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@etypemedia.co.uk> wrote: Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything work...

Count formula within a named range.
Hi, How do I change the following formula =SUMIF($F$39:$F$79,"PW Shopfitters",$D$39:$D$79)/COUNTIF($F$39:$F$79,"PW Shopfitters") to count within a named range (PW Shopfitters). Any help would be great. Cheers, Phil Hi A range name cannot have spaces, maybe that's your problem. Name your range PW_Shopfitters. Then replace your cell references with PW_Shopfitters, eg =Sumif(PW_Shopfitters,"PW Shopfitters",............ -- j.kasselman@atlantic.net.remove_2nd_at. Randburg, Gauteng, South Africa "PW11111" wrote: > > Hi, > &g...

Purchase Order Processing Data Has Been Damaged #2
I have a customer who has multiple POs that have been received against yet the original PO is still in the "new" status so it shows up to be received against again. I have run reconcile on the POs and it wants to change the line item status from "new" to "closed" but then it gives the error "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild the data." No line item status changes are made. I have run Checklinks on the Purchasing Transactions table and that didn't make a difference. With SQL how do we rebuild the data? Have ...

How to use a text formula as code formula
Hello. I have this formula loaded from a text field on a form: val([field10])+val([field20]) and I would like to use this as a code formula. I mean, if I use that in VBA code it works, but If I load from a text field it doesn't work. I need that my form use that formula stored in a text field to calculate values. Regards in advance, Marco responded to in another newsgroup. It's rarely necessary to post the same question to more than one group. If it is necessary, select all the relevant newsgroups in the "To:" or "Newsgroups:" field. That way, folks who...

Inbox problems
How do I set up an inbox for each user on my PC I don't want them in my inbox and I don't want to run through thier e-mail to find mine. Please help. State your version and mode of Outlook - no one can help without basic information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Charles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do I set up an inbox for each user on my PC I don't | want them in my inbox and I don't want to run through | thier e-mail to ...

Including a formula in a path name.
Dear MS, How about a new function for this one. I'm sure MANY users have the same problem as me. The research below seems quite comprehensive and has effectively come up against a brick wall. Thanks Peter Harlan Grove posted this UDF: http://www.google.com/groups?selm=hkQVb.2432%24_4.259%40www.newsranger.com Peter wrote: > > Very Helpful Papou - thank you! > Do you know of an additional / alternative method where you achieve the same tihing but are not required to have all the relevant work sheets open? > Many thanks > Peter > > "papou" wrote: > ...

Problem Creating Contract through SDK (Urgent please)
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); t.Value =...

FORMULA #14
What formula in access can do =COUNTIF(CAF!D:D,A3) Basicly I have 2 tables I want the 2nd table to count how many times a number is listed in the 1st table. I am trying to do this with a query and the count expression but keep getting errors. Dont bother with this one guys just figured it out AMDGUY [MCP] wrote: > What formula in access can do > =COUNTIF(CAF!D:D,A3) > > Basicly I have 2 tables > > I want the 2nd table to count how many times a number is listed in the > 1st table. I am trying to do this with a query and the count expression > but keep getting e...

What does the $ symbol mean in a formula?
What does the $ symbol mean in a formula? example: =G8*($A$14*2)*100 thanx The $ is used for absolut referencing. For e.g lets take your formula =G8*($A$14*2)*100 suppose you enter this formula in cell B2, now simply copy this formula one cell to the right (C2) by and one cell down (B3). C2: =H8*($A$14*2)*100 B3: =G9*($A$14*2)*100 So you see that The original G8 has changed, whereas $A$1 remains the same in both the new formulae because of the dollar signs. Mangesh "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D86597A4-C0A1-46AF-9DA6-FE06AB9C1FA0@mi...