Formatting text in a cell

Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines?  We would like
to be able to insert new lines where we want them.

Thanks for the help!!
--
akkrug

Use the Formula Bar:

1. click in the formula bar
2. in the formula bar, move the cursor to the desired point of insertion
3. touch ALT-ENTER
4. enter the new line.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200855

"akkrug" wrote:

> Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines?  We would like
> to be able to insert new lines where we want them.
>

> Thanks for the help!!
> --
> akkrug
0
GarysStudent (1572)
5/28/2009 1:09:01 PM
Akkrug,

You can also via the Formula bar change color of text, make parts of
the text bold, italic,....

Just select the part of the text you want to format and push the
respectivly buttons.

Good luck formatting,
Tom

On 28 mei, 14:25, akkrug <kenneth.k...@uticanational.com> wrote:
> Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines? =A0We woul=
d like
> to be able to insert new lines where we want them. =A0
>
> Thanks for the help!!
> --
> akkrug

Hi akkrug,

Type in the data and press key combination (Alt+Enter) to move down to next
row.

--
Click on Yes, if it is useful.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Dilip Kumar Pandey
MBA, BCA, B.Com(Hons.)
dilipandey@yahoo.com
dilipandey@gmail.com
New Delhi, India

"akkrug" wrote:

> Is there a way to key text in one cell that is multiple lines?  We would like
> to be able to insert new lines where we want them.
>

> Thanks for the help!!
> --
> akkrug
0
DILipandey (41)

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Save as Text File with Semi-Colon delimiter
I need to save a file from Excel 2000 to a text file with a semi colon delimiter. Can anyone tell me how to do this? Many Thanks Mark I don't know if you can do this directly in Excel but it is pretty quick to do it using Excel and Word 1) Save file in Excel as "Text (Tab Deliminated) 2) Close file and select NO on warning message 3) Open text file in Wor 4) If your data was across row 1 then use Replace>More>Special>Tab Character and enter ; for "replace with If your data was down column A then use Replace>More>Special>Paragraph Mark an...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

I can not get the text to print
I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows the document as I intend it. When I print the page the shapes and structures are there but no text. What am I doing wrong? "J Hendriks" <J Hendriks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3E8F0B2-4252-46EB-8B84-F7FBED77FD61@microsoft.com... >I have a floor plan that I ahve created with text describing structure and > such. The problem I am having is that when I go to print preivew it shows > the > docume...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

lookup text within string of text???
I need to look up "certain critera" within a string of characters, then return that "certain criterea" to a new column. Some examples of a strings of characters may look like these: K5J091509001 Sample PO#S881009 K55sample PO CarrieRJR TJ5 My "Certain Critera" I have listed on another sheet, named "REP ID" K5J S88 K55 RJR TJ5 How do I pull out the 3 characters of "Certain Criterea" from the string of text and copy or enter it into a new column? It's never consistant. This is the problem I'm having! Sales Reps enter...

Custom patterns for cell shading
Hello, Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option? I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting. (I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically show the flow.) Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be awesome. Jools -- World of Warcraft *isn't* work? ...

named cells. need a 101
I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if' sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there that discusses the use of names and what to expect? Thank you. There was an earli...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Capturing Shape Name/Text from OnAction property
How can I capture (assign) the text content of a shape (rectangle)into a procedure using the OnAction property for the shape? I have many shapes (rectangles) on a worksheet, each of which is named. When a shape is clicked, I need to assign the 'Characters.Text' content of that shape to a variable in the procedure called by the OnAction property. I am trying to create a usable 'generic' procedure rather than having a separate procedure for each shape. William, Do you have a separate procedure for each shape, or does each shape call the same procedure. Regards, Jim...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

Excluding Alpha character in text field by filtering.
I have a query based on a table./ I have one numeric field that has alphanumber entries: A2000-000; 101010010,A2004, etc.. I what the filter to exclude all records that have an apph beginning - ie. in eg. above exclude: A2000-000,A2004. How do I do this? Your assistance is greatly appreciated. You could use WHERE Left$(AlphanumericField, 1) NOT BETWEEN "A" AND "Z" or WHERE Val(AlphanumeriField) <> 0 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Grace" <fhsmith7@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...