formatting #2

I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
worksheet to become all caps?  Help!
0
anonymous (74730)

Hi
see
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Jackie wrote:
> I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
> all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
> will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
> worksheet to become all caps?  Help!
0
frank.kabel (11126)
5/5/2004 4:08:32 PM
Hi Jackie
If you have trouble using macros you can do this manually with the UPPER function

1) Over on the unused protion of the sheet enter the formula =UPPER(A1

2) Copy this to the right and down as far as necesary.  Using Edit>Fill>... might be quicker if you are doing this to a large sheet

3) Select all of the calculated celss and Edit>Cop

4) Select cell A1 and Edit>Paste_Special>Values.  This will paste the upper case values over the original value

5) Delete the formulas

Good Luck
Mark Graesse
mark_graesser@yahoo.co
Boston M

     ----- Jackie wrote: ----

     I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to
     all caps.  I have tried using the UPPER function but it
     will only work in one cell.  How to I get the entire
     worksheet to become all caps?  Help

0
anonymous (74730)

negative number format

cannot empty Clipboard #2
Quite often, but not all the time, when I want to drag a cell to a different position, I get the message " cannot empty Clipboard" . Then I have to click on "OK" and everything is fine. This is very annoying and wasting a lot of time. What to do about it ?? Thanks for any help. Wolf [Zscheile] ...

Change date format to European format

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Formatting just some rows

Customize CFileDialog #2
Hello I have a customized CFileDialog, and I wanted to get the change event from the combobox that maintain the filename cmb13. I tried serveral way, but i failed to get any event. Is there any way to get the event from the filename control. Thanks ...

freezing formatting

TOC Heading style 2
I am working in 2007 from someone else's doc from 2003 word. I will be saving in 97-2003. The styles shown in the home tab start Emphasis - Heading 1 - Normal - Strong (and others). I am trying to insert a TOC using the built in heading styles but I cannot see a Heading 2 or 3. How can I add the other headings to this group - is this a special style group added by the other author? TIA Dottie I opened this doc in 2003 word and was able to add the heading 2 there so I may have my answer for now. I would still like to know what I needed to do in 2007 word to make heading...

Negative number formatting

2 = 6
I have a problem unique to Excel 9.0. When I type my "2" key, in any cell, I get a "6". $2.11 will yeild the value $6.11 in the cell, 9.2 yeilds the value 9.6 and so on. However when I type "27", for example, I get "27" in my celll, "02", then Excel gives me a "2", 9.23=9.23. Is this a bug or is it possible that I've toggled a particular setting on? Tools / Autocorrect - Search for the 6 and delete it. Then look round and see who is laughing (The guilty party) and plan your revenge. :-) -- Regards Ken...........

Autocomplete not working #2
My autocomplete isn't working and it seems the correct settings are setup. I go to Tools>options>Preferences tab>email options>advanced options. I select "Suggest names when completing to, cc and bcc fields" In my Outlook contacts, I have a contact name Luke Tomsha, with and email address, ltomsha@xxxx.com. It the past, I'd like to type in luke and have it autocomplete, but it doesn't. Any ideas? Sincerely, Luke Autocomplete does not and never has used your address book. It uses a cache of names derived from messages you have sent. You won't se...

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

In which case, realloc returns NULL??? #2
hi pals, My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory usage column and 400MB in Virtual memory column. While reallocating a global variable , getting NULL if the size is too high (say 200MB). What is the maximum memory size that an application can use? What are the scenario, that realloc returns NULL. @ Shahul. "shahul" <shahul@chellasoft.com> wrote in message news:efYasx$UGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi pals, > > My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory > usage > column and 400MB in Virtua...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to determine second (and then third) highest value in a list #2
I've got an excel spreadsheet full of data, and I wanted to create a column that would tell me what the second highest value was, given a list of cells. For example, I've got 8 columns (columns K through R), with headers "Team 1" through "Team 8". Below that, on the following MANY rows, are numbers, associated with scores for the team in that column. I'd like to have a column that tells me what score was 1st place, which was 2nd place, and which was 3rd place. Finding the 1st place one is easy, using the =MAX(K4:R4). But I'm at a loss to determine...

How do I mail merge for postcards in MS Publisher 2 or 4 per page.
Can anyone help? Create a mail merge Step by step instructions http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "reechemist" <reechemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E75713-F19E-4AA3-81E8-98E0BFD795A5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? ...

Trouble Printing Checks #2
I'm using Money 2004. I have a list of checks to be printed, but no 'Print Checks' on the left side panel. When I go the 'File' menu to print checks it gives me a "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed." message. What can I do? David See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "David" wrote: > What can I do? I would run a file repair to see if that will correct the number do indicate the number of checks that have been set to "print". "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Canadian Payroll Tax updates #2
Just a heads up...as I donot see it here...or on the KB I just spent 3 hours updating 6 machines..... Which actually only took an hour...then we had to convert our Canadian Payroll files...then...Canadian payroll just disappeared from the users install...although..when logging in as SA it would be available... Seeing I have been running the Canadain Payroll for 5 + years now...and am well used to the "bugs" with the yearend updates....I remember seeing this error after an application version upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5...where no one other then SA could run payroll.....and I spen...

How to format the value in a cell?