format a cell as running time

Hello All,
I have a simple question I cannot figure out.  I would like to keep a
spreadsheet of my workouts(running) .  I have columns "Total Time" and Split
Time(s)" (multiple of these)  How would I format a cell as running time?
i.e. 22.20.93 and say one of the splits is 2.28.03 (two minutes etc...)
Thanks for any suggestions,
Homer
0
HOMER (12)

One way:

Format/Cell/Number/Custom       mm:ss.00

then enter

    2:28.03

In article <94D844C9-A8C9-42FC-91DF-BCDD252ACC6E@microsoft.com>,
 "Homer" <Homer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I have a simple question I cannot figure out.  I would like to keep a
> spreadsheet of my workouts(running) .  I have columns "Total Time" and Split
> Time(s)" (multiple of these)  How would I format a cell as running time?
> i.e. 22.20.93 and say one of the splits is 2.28.03 (two minutes etc...)
> Thanks for any suggestions,
> Homer
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Custom patterns for cell shading
Hello, Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option? I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting. (I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically show the flow.) Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be awesome. Jools -- World of Warcraft *isn't* work? ...

named cells. need a 101
I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if' sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there that discusses the use of names and what to expect? Thank you. There was an earli...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?

Stop macro if cell selected
Hi, First time & new to excel macros. I have a macro which copies data & inserts it into a viewable summary sheet which can be printed. The range is 6 cells & if cell k7 is selected I want to stop the macro. I have attempted to use IF command with Then End but it ignores it. Here is my macro: ' refence point to start pasting sequence Sheets("Alfa data").Select Range("C225").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet4").Select Range("c7").Select Selection.End(xlToRight).Select Acti...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money 2008
I have Win XP Home and cannot get Money 2008 to install. Error message is "Setup was unable to install some of the components needed to run Money" Have tried reinstalling Windows Installer with no luck. Would like to try resetting security settings in the registry but cannot find anyway to do that for XP Home...only XP Pro is coming up. Perhaps none of this works and someone has a better way to get Money to install on XP Home? Rgds, CK In microsoft.public.money, zooropa777 wrote: >I have Win XP Home and cannot get Money 2008 to install. Error >message is "Setup was ...

archiving more than one employee at a time
I have over 500 employees to archive and was shocked to see i had to do it one at a time, therefore making this feature unattainable for me. Please allow groups of inactive employees to be archived at once. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.m...

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Finding the Cell Reference for the minimum value of a data list.
I am trying to figure out how to automatically refernce a location of a cell (ex. C5)which has been calculated to be the minimum value of a set of data. If I can reference the row of this cell absolutely, then I want to use that value as the beginning data reference point for both the X and Y data values of an XY scatter plot. You can reference it using the MATCH function with INDEX or OFFSET: I.e., the starting cell might be referenced as: INDEX(C:C, MATCH(MIN(C:C),C:C, 0)) while the range to plot could be referenced as: OFFSET(C1,MATCH(MIN(C:C),C:C, 0)-1,0,numrows,numcol...