Fix the order of the last name and first name

How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the
first name is second, separated by a comma.
0
Zami (6)

Hi!

What order do you want them in?

Biff

0
biffinpitt (3171)
12/15/2004 5:45:11 AM
Hi
try
=TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1))

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Zami wrote:
> How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and
> the first name is second, separated by a comma.

0
frank.kabel (11126)
12/15/2004 7:56:09 AM
Zami,

Another formula option in addtion to Frank's . . .

=MID(TRIM(H38),FIND(" ",TRIM(H38),1)+1,LEN(TRIM(H38)))&"
"&LEFT(TRIM(H38),(FIND(",",TRIM(H38))-1))

turns "Bowman, Frank" into "Frank Bowman".

----
Regards,
John Mansfield
http://www.pdbook.com

"Zami" wrote:

> How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the
> first name is second, separated by a comma.
Thank you...

"Biff" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What order do you want them in?
>
> Biff

0
Zami (6)
12/16/2004 5:25:01 AM
I want first name then last name

"Biff" wrote:

> Hi!
>
> What order do you want them in?
>
> Biff

0
Zami (6)
12/16/2004 5:25:04 AM

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> try
> =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1))
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> Zami wrote:
> > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and
> > the first name is second, separated by a comma.

0
Zami (6)
12/16/2004 5:27:01 AM
Thank you I'll try that...

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> try
> =TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,255)) & " " & TRIM(LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1))
>
> --
> Regards
> Frank Kabel
> Frankfurt, Germany
>
> Zami wrote:
> > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and
> > the first name is second, separated by a comma.

0
Zami (6)
12/16/2004 5:27:01 AM
Thank you, I'll reply to let you know which one was helpful.

"John Mansfield" wrote:

> Zami,
>
> Another formula option in addtion to Frank's . . .
>
> =MID(TRIM(H38),FIND(" ",TRIM(H38),1)+1,LEN(TRIM(H38)))&"
> "&LEFT(TRIM(H38),(FIND(",",TRIM(H38))-1))
>
> turns "Bowman, Frank" into "Frank Bowman".
>
> ----
> Regards,
> John Mansfield
> http://www.pdbook.com
>

> "Zami" wrote:
>
> > How do I fix the order of the names, when the last name is first and the
> > first name is second, separated by a comma.
0
Zami (6)

Finding the last row in a spreadsheet
Hi all. I'm a relative newbie to using Excel and am stumped. I'm trying to find the last (non-zero) value in a column. The cells all have a function in them presently like =IF(C8>0,SUM(B8:C8)," ") presently so that the cell truly is not empty. I've tried using =LOOKUP(2,1/(D2:D350>0),D2:D350) but it displays nothing since all the cells have a value (the function above). How do I find the last cell having a numeric value (which is what the first function provides)? Any help is greatly appreciated. It's because you don't use empty as opposed to space &...

Doing Search for Domain Names
When doing an advanced find in Outlook 2003 how do you find all mail that arrived from a particular domain. The From field which I would expect to reveal domain names seems to ignore domain names if a Display Name exists. AndyH This question was asked by be me some time ago. I have just discovered that it was answered by Diane Poremsky. Her response is repeated here as follows: use the from field on the first tab, not on the advanced tab. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2006/20060831.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, O...

Send message with recipient's name showing
How to Send a message with the recipient's name showing in the To/CC/BCC field? Isn't that the normal state of things? I'm not really sure what you're asking here... "izumi" <izumi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:670189A6-54A6-444D-9F3A-D5C3E1FB93EC@microsoft.com... > How to Send a message with the recipient's name showing in the To/CC/BCC > field? I would like to know how to send message with recipient's name showing, but without the email address shown when the recipent received it. "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]&q...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

CRM 3.0 install fails at last hurdle
Almost completed install, I receive error that "Specified Reporting Services Report server http://crmbox was not found" All other system checks pass OK. On previous screen the option to install new reporting services server was grayed out, otherwise I would imagine the install would continue OK. Any help much appreciated Thanks Gary D Thanks Dave, will check tomorrow a.m. "Dave Ireland" <direland@salentica.com> wrote in message news:eqSyH7tVIHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Gary, are you sure that's the proper URL for your report server? If > y...

Total the Value of Orders in a given month
Hi, Thanks in advance for any help you can give... I am running Exce 2002.... I need to calculate the total sales for a given month from a sheet Each order is inputed on a separate row. Column E is the date of eac order... Column L is the $ amount... The sheet spans about 3 years... I need to return the sum of sales for each month to a cell.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, If we use June, 2004, as an example of the month whose total sales we want, try: =SUMPRODUCT((MONTH(E2:E1000)=6)*(YEAR(E2:E1000)=2004)*(L2:L1000)) Adjust the ranges accordingly. Hope this hel...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Query Assistance (Last or Most Recent)
I am trying to create two reports from an Access database that relate to a field called placement type. In the first report, I want to run a report listing the most recent placement type for clients (a single client may have multiple placement types in the database). The query criteria that I am using is: Last("Date of Placement") When I execute the query I get an error message indicating that I cannot have aggregate function in WHERE clause (tbl_Placements.[Date of Placement]=Last("Date of Placement")). My second report/query that I want is to compar...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

The name could not be matched to a name in the address book
Hi people some of you might remember me from about a week ago with renaming my exchange server well.....just want to say thanks really helped me allot and what i had to do was not nice and it was so raw and I didn’t like it lol so just a bit of advice to people thinking about renaming their exchange server DONT DO IT just stick with a name and so be it...............................but now i have another problem exchange went through fine with the installation and all but now for some reason when i make a new profile in outlook 2002 SP3 I also have office out look 2003 installed but an...

Querying the last 2 ids for displaying
Hello, How can pull the last 5 ids in a list for displaying? Display.xsl <xsl:template match="/"> <xsl:for-each select="document(/Filings/File/@href)/DataCollected"> <xsl:sort select="@id" order="ascending" /> <xsl:apply-templates select="."/> </xsl:for-each> </xsl:template> Filing.xml <Filing> <File href="Post1.xml" id="1"/> <File href="Post2.xml" id="2"/> <File href="Post3.xml" id="3"/> ..... ..... ..... </...

Track or view last individual to open the spreadsheet
Hello, Wondering if there is a way to track and view the last individual who open or read the Excel report. For example, if I created a monthly report for the managers and wants to know who has already looked at it or the last person to view it? Is it possible? Thanks in advance! ...

WHY select the first item didn't receive OnPaint in LISTCTRL!
hello everyone, I write a custom listctrl inherit from the CListCtrl( MFC ). I don't use CUSTOMDRAW and OWNDRAW, and rewrite the OnPaint fucntion. The OnPaint function like this: void CListCtrlST::OnPaint() { CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting ///////////////////////////////////////////////// CRect rtList; GetClientRect( &rtList ); CDC* pDC = &dc; CMemDC memDC( pDC, &rtList ); // double buffer..... memDC.SetBkMode( TRANSPARENT ); // don't use the system paint, because it's too slow... // if you resize the listctrl...

Exchange 2003
I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't restarted the information store service yet. I thought that with SP2 it should fix this issue. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003. -- La Senza Support In news:00243A09-C043-4224-A45F-FC02CDFB1FEC@microsoft.com, La Senza Support <LaSenzaSupport@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I can't seem to get the simple display name to work. > I modified the registry to use the simple domain name. I haven't > restarted the information store service...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Discovery Orders and Exchange Mailbox rights
I have a dilemma. I frequently must respond to court discovery orders and must search the all mailboxes for information relevant to a case. I am the Exchange 2003 administrator, and I have lost this ability since upgrading to Exchange 2003. I realize I can work around the default 2003 permissions for a single mailbox, but the sheer number of mailboxes I must search make this impossible. I need a global or at least a server level permission for all mailboxes. Technet, Slipstick and Google have yielded nothing. Thanks, Rob -- Rob J see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default....

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

changing the order of text in a string
Using Excel 2003, I have a column of names, in the format John Smith Henry A. Jones Maryanne George Mary Ann George I need to reverse the order, to be lastname, firstname +middle(if present) Thus I get Smith, John Jones, Henry A. etc. How can I extract all the characters starting at the right side, to the first space, and move that to the left, followed by a comma. Pepper This doesn't abbreviate middle names I'm afraid, but it does the job. =RIGHT(A2,LEN(A2)-IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",A2,FIND(" ",A2)+1)),FIND(" ",A2),FIND(" ",A2,FIND(" &quo...

Work Orders #2
Are there any bike shops who use this system able to properly use the work orders for repairs, and if so, how do you properly schedule workload by day? Since you can't see the due date when looking up work orders, how can you determine if the work is due, other than running a report? Does this have to be done every time a repair is entered to know when to schedule? Does anyone know of a scheduling software that integrates with MRS that can do the labor and repairs? -- Thanks, joel ...

CRM Order Question
I am looking into MS CRM. I am attempting to run my small consulting business under it in order to learn it. I just visited a customer and spent 1 hour working there. I now want to record this event in MS CRM. I entered an order and added a line item "IT Consulting" for 1 hour of work. It correctly extended the total based on the hourly rate i specified in the price list for my customer. I wanted to enter a description about what i did but could not find a description on the product entry i made for the order. I see notes and other things around the order in total but no notes for...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Named Range #2
I've named few ranges through VBA by using this code For i = 1 To 15 ' Define the name for the variables ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=Worksheets("ST&GT DATA").Cells(1, i), RefersToR1C1:= _ "=OFFSET('ST&GT DATA'!R1C1,'ST&GT DATA'!R1C214," & (i - 1) & ",'ST&GT DATA'!R1C216,1)" Next i which is working fine, but when i try to refer it in a chart, an error msg is popping up saying "Your formula contains an invalid external reference to a worksheet, Verify that the path, workbook, and range name...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...