Filter for two columns

I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone
help me to get the records with  Depreciation Start Date greater than
Purchased Date.
Thanks
0
Vadivu (1)

Hi,
sort with two conditions, highlight both columns, 1st condition Depreciation
in descending order and as a 2nd condition Purchased in ascending order
if this was helpful please say yes

"Vadivu" wrote:

> I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone
> help me to get the records with  Depreciation Start Date greater than
> Purchased Date.
> Thanks
0
Eduardo (134)
12/9/2008 1:33:12 PM
Use a helper col. Assuming purchase dates in col A, depreciation start dates
in col B, data in row2 down, then in C2: =IF(AND(COUNT(A2:B2)=2,B2>A2),"x","")
Copy C2 down. Apply autofilter on col C, choose: x
--
Max
Singapore
"Vadivu" wrote:
> I have two columns Purchased Date and Depreciation Start Date. Can anyone
> help me to get the records with  Depreciation Start Date greater than
> Purchased Date.
> Thanks
0
demechanik (4694)

How do I get a column to appear along the horizontal axis of chart
I have two adjacent numerical columns; when I select them to create a chart Excel chooses to plot both columns vertically side by side. Instead of that I want the left column to appear along the bottom of the chart and the right column to be vertical. This is probably very simple but it is doing my head in. Any suggestions most appreciated. Hi, Sounds like it's a Scatter graph you want to produce - just select XY (scatter) as your chart type and it should get the result you want. You can then add a trend line to get linear representaion of your data. Hope this works/helps. Andr...

Criteria for Advanced Filter HELP
I have what I think is a simple question that I need answered IMMEDIATELY. I have a spreadsheet with 20 fields and I want to filter it so it only shows records that have something in of any of 5 of those fields. So once filtered, I will not have any records that have all 5 of those fields blank. I know I have done this before but I'll be damned if I can remember or find out how. -- Thanks You all are teaching me so much don't cross-post -- answer supplied in misc NG "knowshowrosegrows" <knowshowrosegrows@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACBC0...

Allow customization of relationship view columns in the account
When viewing the "Relationships" section for an account, we cannot change the columns displayed in customizing and are limited to Party 1 Role 1 Party 2 Role 2 which is very limiting. It would be usefult to be able to add additional columns to better descripe the relationships based on fields maintained in the account or contact record. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follo...

Employee Filters

Filtering based on a filter
Hello, I have an Excel Worksheet with a Pivot Table at the top with a Filter and a data set returned from a DB2 database below it. I would like to filter the DB2 data set based on the Pivot Table filter that is enabled. Any ideas? Thanks! James, You can't filter two ranges on the same worksheet. You can, instead, drill-down on your pivot table, which will show all items that go into the value on a newly created separate sheet. The drawback to that is that you cna only drill down on one item at a time, and it is a separate sheet. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "James" <an...

Wildcard Usage: I absolutely need this to count?/sum? two or more criteri
_*Number*_ _*Status*_ _*Date*_ N01-02 Draft 4-May-05 N01-02 Draft 4-May-05 N01-92 In Process 15-Oct-05 N01-88 Draft 15-May-05 N01-29 In Process 9-Jul-05 N01-32 In Process 9-Jul-05 N02-22 Draft 24-Aug-05 N02-27 Draft 24-Aug-05 N20-12 Assigned 3-Dec-05 N24-19 Draft 24-Aug-05 N33-13 Doc Written 4-May-07 N44-04 Cancelled 15-Oct-05 My header are Number, Status, and Date (columns A,B and C). The dcuments represent my rows (A2-A13). Since I ...

vlookup for words content when there are duplicate values in the lookup-column
Hi, Would appreciate if someone help me here. Thanks in advance. When I vlookup Material1 to Material2 for the Project No, I get the vlookup Project No. as 222-56 for all the duplicate Material values. What formula to use so that when there are duplicate values in Material2, I want to have vlookup looking to match Project No. containg "AA" as 1st choice ? (if no Project No. containing "AA", then looks for its content "AB" and subsequently looks for "AC" if there is no "AB"). ColumnA ColumnB ColumnC Material2 Duplicate? Project No...

Question on the IMF filtering in exchange...
Hey I installed the IMF filter last night and it works great, with one exception. I set both thresholds to the same (5) and got almost all blocked emails into the archive that were junk...So that is good. However I had some users report that there was mail in their junk folder that should have been good Inbox mail. This I undersyand and can live with as folas-positives...the problem is, since both settings on the folter tab were set to 5, how does it know to send the mail to archive rather than Junk folder? Why wouldn't it just send them all to archive if both settings were at ...

Filtering without Filter
I just don't get the following. Any ideas? "A" row I have two different values I use: "Contact" and "Not a contact". "B" row I have the person's name (employee). "C" row I have a quantity, just one number. Now what I need is to output quantities of how many Contacts Employee1 or Employee2 or Employee3 have. Also what I need is to get the number of contacts - which can be found on row "C". Should I use COUNT.IF ? Row A can have 2 or more different values so should there be somekind of conditional IF function included? T...

Combine columns of data into one
Hi, I want to combine columns of data into one, e.g. to combine column 1, 2 and 3 into column 4 column 1 column 2 column 3 column 4 1 a i 1 2 b ii a 3 c iii i 4 d iv 2 5 e v b 6 f vi ii 7 g vii 3 .... Thanks in advance. I should put the message under other catergory. Sorry about that. In your empyt co...

Removing table column buttons?
Is there a way to remove the sort/filter buttons from specific columns in an Excel 2007 table? Our tables have certain columns that are very narrow and that we will never need to be sorted or filtered. Furthermore, the buttons cover-up the heading labels in those columns. Is there a way to manually disable the sort/filter feature for specific columns and remove the buttons? We also notice that converting a range to a table often changes the column size, especially of smaller columns. Is there a way to prevent this behavior? Thank you for any help with these items. a couple thing...

Filtering #11
Hi, can ayone tell me how I could do the following in excel 2007 or 2010: Horse Trainer Sam M Jones John M Jones Colin S Attwater Steve J Jackson Brian B Mathers James B Mathers Martin G Raggy Patrick S Thomson What I want to do is filter the dataset on 'Trainer' so that it only shows me the Trainers who feature once in the list. So if I was to do this properly it would only show S Attwater and G Raggy as the other trainers have more than one horse..... Hopefully someone can help because it is driving me crazy !! Thanks David Give this macro a try... Sub HideDuplicateTr...

Junk filter BEFORE other filters?
I am running Outlook 2003 and the Junk filter was working really well. Then I started making other filters...one of them looks for my domain name in the headers and if it's there it moves the email to a folder. Problem is, this filter seems to activate before the junk filter, so the junk sn't being filtered now! How can I set the junk filter to do it's job first and THEN to run my own rules? -- Bryan Anderson <www.anderson-it.com> I created this rule and set it as the first rule to run: Apply this rule after the message arrives with 'X-Spam-Level:******'or'...

Two CRM Servers (1.2 and 3.0) in the same domain?
Is it possible to install a CRM 3.0 in a domain that it's already been used for CRM 1.2? I want to install in a different server, but using the same domain for authentication. We use the 1.2 for sales and the 3.0 we want to use for development. -- Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Applications Professional Microsoft Business Solutions Certified Professional–Microsoft CRM Customization Yes you should be able to. Just create a new OU in Active Directory to install CRM 3.0 in. It's also in 3.0 it's not tied to any Organization name, so you ca...

Pasting into a filtered list
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to paste a list of price updates into a filtered list. - I have filtered the list to show just the products whose prices need to be updated, when I try to paste the updated prices, into the list, the prices are not just pasted into the visible cells but the hidden cells between. Can I paste into the visible cells only or do I have to update each line manually. I am using Excel 2002 Any help would be much appreciated Can you sort the list to bring the products that need updating together in the list? If not, try something like this: Your list of product...

Macro to copy a VLOOKUP formula

apply filter macro
I have a access db that works on win xp but does not work on win 2007 I have a combo box that triggers a apply filter macro using a query sort. no problem on win 2000 or win xp or win 2003 Help AlT ...

sum using or (if Blank cell in Column)
My Basic problem seems to be that i cannot run a variable against a blank cell. My set up as below: Item 50cl 70cl 1.5cl per 25ml (< answer i'm looking for) Rum £17.50 Cheese £80.35 Milk £10.50 Now individually i can work out these items. Rum would be 0.62 in the 25ml column... but I cannot find how to create each sum in the total box, so when i leave two of them blank it understand to only work out the one answer. It must look something like this? Right? Item 50cl 70cl 1.5cl per 25ml Rum £17.50 =s...

I need a formula to calculate the ratio of #'s in a row and column
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000 and need help finding a formula to calculate the ratio in columns and rows. For example: I'm using 1's and 0's ( 1 if the item is present and 0 if it is not present). So, I need a formula that will show 8/10 of the items were present. See my example below. Column C 1 0 1 0 1 =3 (sum) =3/5 (ratio) Thanks for your help!!!! Kelly =SUM(A1:A5)/COUNT(A1:A5) Format cell as a fraction Format>Cell>NumberTab>Fraction "KellyKulpa" wrote: > Hello. I'm using Excel 2000 and need help finding a formula to calculate the > r...

IP filtering based on corresponding MX records
Hello Dears, How can I implement the following? Used: Exchange 2003 SP2 in FE/BE configuration; FE is in perimeter zone (capable to “speak” with DNS, BE, DCs and retrieve info) So, somebody connects my FE to sent an e-mail to one of domain users. I need something like that: When connecting, see the “mail from: user@somedomain.xxx”; Verify if there is a record MX for the IP address from which the connection was established in DNS for the domain “somedomain.xxx” If not – drop connection (attention: MX record, not SPF) Is it possible with Exchange 2003 SP2 only? How? Thank you, Alex I be...

Month Filter
I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks listed by date (mm/dd/yy), payee, check #, etc. What I want to do is be able to filter the list by month (ex., March 2005). Is there a way to do this? Thanks Joseph You can Try EasyFilter Joseph http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Joseph" <joe@nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23lQNnTawFHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I keep a log of checks that I receive in my department throughout the year. I have the checks lis...

how can i combine two query result side by side
lets say we have two queries, Q1 and Q2. Suppose that both query is to produce same number of row as a result. Is it possible to produce a table (or query result) which combines the results of Q1 and Q2 as two different field, side by side ? Just join them together, the way you would if they were tables. The SQL would look something like: SELECT Q1.ID, Q1.Field1, Q1.Field2, Q2.Field1, Q2.Field2, (Q1.Field2 = Q2.Field2) AS Same FROM Q1 INNER JOIN Q2 ON Q1.ID = Q2.ID -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "mezzanine1974" <savas_kar...

filter for missing values in a range
I have a list in Col A ( about 2000) one to four digit numbers. I would like to ( for example) , in the 700's be able to filter and find out which of the numbers from 700 to 799 is NOT in the list. I know how to copy and paste to another col, etc. Thanks in advance for the wonderful help all of you give. One play .. Assume your source data runs in A2 down In B2: =IF(ROWS($1:1)+700-1>799,"",IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH(ROWS($1:1)+700-1,A:A,0)),"",ROWS($1:1)+700-1)) Copy B2 down by 100 rows to cover the full spread of numbers to be checked, ie # of nums from s...

How to use MSExcel to plot Column A against Col B?
I want to plot col A (x axis) against col B ( y axis). I cant seem to do it. Can anyone here please give me step by step primer. Thanks in advance. All I get is the graph of (1,2,............n) (x axis) against the n values of either col A or B. i.e 2 graphs instead of one. (In the old Lotus this was so simple: select the column for the X axis and then select the col for the Y and press enter, and you'd get the chart) Why is it so diff in Excel? Select the entire range you want to graph such as a2:b44>insert>chart>>>> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@au...