Experation Date

I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would like the
box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the expiration
date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual formula
would be most useful.

Thank you in advance.
Arlan

0
Arlan (3)

Hi,
are you talking about calendar days or working days?
Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30?

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload ->faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610

Calendar days, and yes the color should stay "Amber" until 30 days out and
then turn to "Red". I hope I am explaining everything corectly.

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

> Hi,
> are you talking about calendar days or working days?
> Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30?
>
> Arlan;274696 Wrote:
> > I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would like
> > the
> > box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the
> > expiration
> > date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual
> > formula
> > would be most useful.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> > Arlan
>

> --
> Pecoflyer
>
> Cheers -
> *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
> upload ->faster and better answers
>
> *Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
> Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610

0
Arlan (3)
3/18/2009 3:11:43 PM
Supposing your exp date is in A1, use following conditional formats for
cell A1
=and(today()-A1<=90,today()-A1>30) ( and set your format to "amber")
and as 2nd condition
=today()-A1<=30 ( and set format to "red")

Arlan;274865 Wrote:
> Calendar days, and yes the color should stay "Amber" until 30 days out
> and
> then turn to "Red". I hope I am explaining everything corectly.
>
> "Pecoflyer" wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > are you talking about calendar days or working days?
> > Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30?
> >
> > Arlan;274696 Wrote:
> > > I have a column in which I have different expiration Dates. I would
> like
> > > the
> > > box to change color to amber when today's date is 90 days from the
> > > expiration
> > > date and then red when 30 days from the expiration date. The actual
> > > formula
> > > would be most useful.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance.
> > > Arlan
> >

> > --
> > Pecoflyer
> >
> > Cheers -
> > *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
> > upload ->faster and better answers
> >
> > *Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster

> > Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'
> (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/pecoflyer.html)
> > View this thread: 'Experation Date - The Code Cage Forums'
> (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610)

--
Pecoflyer

Cheers -
*'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
upload ->faster and better answers

*Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610

I'm not sure if I am doing this right. I went into "managing rules" and made
two new rules as you indicated (copied and pasted). When I apply the rules no
matter what date is in the field "Red" fills the block?

"Pecoflyer" wrote:

> Supposing your exp date is in A1, use following conditional formats for
> cell A1
> =and(today()-A1<=90,today()-A1>30) ( and set your format to "amber")
> and as 2nd condition
> =today()-A1<=30 ( and set format to "red")
>

> Arlan;274865 Wrote:
> > Calendar days, and yes the color should stay "Amber" until 30 days out
> > and
> > then turn to "Red". I hope I am explaining everything corectly.
> >
> > "Pecoflyer" wrote:
> >

> > > Hi,
> > > are you talking about calendar days or working days?
> > > Should the colour stay from exp_date-90 till exp_date-30?

> > like

> > > --
> > > Pecoflyer
> > >
> > > Cheers -
> > > *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
> > > upload ->faster and better answers
> > >
> > > *Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster

> > > Pecoflyer's Profile: 'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: Pecoflyer'
> > (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/members/pecoflyer.html)
> > > View this thread: 'Experation Date - The Code Cage Forums'
> > (http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610)
> > >

> --
> Pecoflyer
>
> Cheers -
> *'Membership is free' (http://www.thecodecage.com)* & allows file
> upload ->faster and better answers
>
> *Adding your XL version* to your post helps finding solution faster
> Pecoflyer's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=14
> View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/showthread.php?t=76610

0
Arlan (3)

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

if statement with dates #2

Counting Dates?

An expression for dates from and to

Returning only MAX(date) not all dates
I want to be able to list the most current date an item is checked out. As I was working through the query I used max as an aggregate function but I still can't get the simple result I want. I'd rather list the fields I have chosen and somehow select just the most current checkout date. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is my query: SELECT tblTerritory.TerritoryID, [TerritoryName] & " " & [TerritoryDescription] AS Description, tblTerritory.TerritoryTypeID, tblTerritoryType.TerritoryType, Max(tblTerritoryCheckout.DateCheckedOut) AS Checked...

System Date
Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of "Date" type? I could not find any help on msdn that comes with visual c++. Any hint or help will be appreciated. Thanks, Behrouzk Are you just trying to get the current date. You can use CTime::GetCurrentTime() or COleDateTime::GetCurrentTime() Tom "Behrouzk" <Behrouzk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8FA4B6B-73CE-4058-B50C-C9BEBAB67E68@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help me on how to force the system date to a member field of > "Date" type? I could not fi...

Conditional Formatting
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that is for tracking work. I would like to have conditional formatting so that if the date in column E is between todays date and 4 weeks away then make it blue, if it is a date that is after 4 weeks away then make it yellow but if it is in the past make it red. Can this be done with conditional formatting or does it need vba? Also it would be nice if the whole row changes colour even if just the condition is on the date which is in column E - but if that can't be done then just the cell is fine. Thanks Assume the dates start in E2, select all dates w...

Time and date problem
Hello I have spreadsheet cell (B1) that contains a date and time: 05/11/2003 13:45:50 I have another series of cells (A1 to A100) that contain an increment of 30 seconds: 30.00 I would like to add the seconds to the date and time putting the result in column C, I have tried to do: =B1+(A1/100000) but the answer is wrong by 4 seconds and then gets worse the further down the column I go. Can somebody show me how to add the seconds to the date please. Thanks Tom Tom, Right method, wrong divider! 86,400 secs in a day.. change your 100000 to 86400 and you're there. Nikos Y. (nyannaco ...

Date subtraction -How to not show negative when 2nd date not entered
Hi, I have a section of a worksheet that just needs to show working days between two dates. For example, an order was entered on 9/2/07 and complete on 9/15/07 The formula =NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9) works perfectly except that until the "completed date" ise filled in, a negative number appears. Is there a way to have that remain blank until both dates have been entered? Thanks! Hi Edward, change your formula as =IF(A9="","",NETWORKDAYS(A1, A9)) -- Pranav Vaidya VBA Developer PN, MH-India If you think my answer is useful, please rate this post as an ANSWER...

Date
I have a table with a start date column. I have created a query where I include the start date from my table, I have created an expression to add 24 months to the start date but what I would like to also have is either the specific date or the closest month of May. for example Start date is July 1, 2008 if I add 24 months it will show July 1, 2010 What I would like to see is May 2010 as this the month that we identify individuals that need to start a secondary process. Very new to access and not that great with formulas -- Thank You Sassy By 'closest' do you mean t...

convert julian date to gregorian date
what is the easiest way to convert a Julian date to a Gregorian date in Excel? Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ammaravi wrote: > what is the easiest way to convert a Julian date to a Gregorian date > in Excel? ...

date modified

Date differential between a full date and a date that has a year and month.
Date Differential between full date (month, day, year) and partial date (month and day). Really need you help on this one. I am trying to write a QBE expression that identifies if the an employee's last performance evaluation date (e.g. 07/15/2007 a full date with month, day, and year) is within one year of the employee's anniversary date of hire (e.g. 12/15 just the month and day--no year). If it is, the evaluation date will be tagged as "current." If the evaluation date (e.g. 11/10/2007)is within 60 days of the anniversary month (e.g. 12/15) I will tag the evaluation ...

Having trouble with dates
I have worksheet with two date columns.... One a lower date, one a higher date. I need to work out the number of times a 1st of the month has occurred in the time between the two dates. Thanks for your help. P.s if the description doesn�t make sense let me know, I�ll try to describe it better. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ How many times has a first of the month appeared if the dates are 1 Jan 2004 and 1 March 2004? 1?, 2? 3? In article <PerpetualJunior.1ciofb@excelforum-nospam.com>, PerpetualJunior <<PerpetualJunior.1ciofb@excelforum-nospam.com>...

Cannot get the date to format correct
I have a problem getting the date to show up as I have it in my column of data. I only have three dates - 12/22/08, 2/18/09 and 4/14/09. However when I highlight and create a chart, it continually comes up with 12/1, 1/1, 2/1, etc. I've tried reformatting to other things, and even changing to text (which is bizarre). When I pull up the data (in the select data window) the right data is there. But it will not display correctly on the chart. I have never had this problem before. I'm running Excel 2007 on XP if that makes any difference. Hi, It plotting the axis as Time series an...

date
hi I am using outlook 2003 , i like download email from hotmail server for specefic tims . how can i configure it? Regards You cannot, you download either everything or nothing. Make sure you have the latest Outlook Hotmail Connector installed. You can find it here; http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-41f9-a175-f93e1377959f -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World ...

Saving Date and Time
Hi, I have a form called frmDetails and I have set a text box (txtDate) in the form with the control source of =Format(Now(),"dddd"", ""mmm d yyyy"", ""hh:nn:ss ampm") but the problem is I want this Time & Date to be recorded in the table (called tblDetails) as it needs to be used for referancing when entries were entered into the database. Can anyone tell me how to do this. Thanks Fiona Fiona, Add a Date/Time field to your table. (ex. DTNow) Add that field to your form. On your form, make the Default Value for that field... ...

Converting dates to current dates to find out the evaluation date
Hi, I am trying to take the date of hire for a list of employees. For emample, I need the hire date of 3/3/1990 to populate the 6 mos eval due this year and the yearly due this year. I was able to figure out the dates by adding the values of 182 and 365, but the year stays the same. Perhaps using the DateSerial function will give you the desired results. DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([HireDate]),Day([HireDate])) as Annual AND DateSerial(Year(Date()),Month([HireDate])+6,Day([HireDate])) as 6Month Those should return 3/3/2010 and 9/3/2010 John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Marking dates in MSCAL.Calendar.7
I've written a task management system which tracks current and future jobs for a customer support team. Currently the users can switch between current active tasks awaiting completion and future tasks which don't as of yet require their attention. They've requested the ability to view this in a calendar control (User - "You know, like outlook") so they can see what their workflow will be like for the rest of the week. Something as simple as just marking with a different color which days in the future have work assigned to them would be perfect. I thought MSCAL.Calendar.7...

Julian Date
Can someone please tell me how I can convert a Julian date that read (example): 32803 meaning the 328th day of the year 2003 to what should b 11/24/03 Thanks in advance..... ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com There are several "definitions" of Julian dates. Although yours differs slightly from the one used in this example, this link might still put you on the right track http://www.cpearson.com/excel/jdates.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Micr...

Conditional formatting: If text or If date?
I have a spreadsheet that tracks reports. In a far right-hand column, I have a cell for when a re-write is submitted. I put an "X" in the cell when a re-write is needed, and the date submitted when it's turned in. I'd like to put some conditional formatting on the report number cell so it becomes one color if there's an "X" in the re-write cell, and another color if there's a date in the re-write cell. Is this possible? Ed Select report number cell Menu Format>Conditional Formatting Change Condition 1 to Formula Is Add a formula of =M1="X"...