excell problems

how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL
0
THEJOKER (1)

<Alt> <Enter>

--

HTH,

RD

"THE JOKER" <THEJOKER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
how can i put TWO LINES OF NUMBERS IN ONE CELL

0
ragdyer1 (4060)
9/3/2005 9:14:18 PM
Hi,

If you want to put two lines of data into one cell, use the concatenat
function.  This joins up to 30 cells of information.  The easy way is:

=A1&A2

The slow way is:

=CONCATENATE(A1,A2)

If you want to view the data on two lines in the cell, format the cell
for Word Wrap (Format menu, Cells, Alignment, Wrap Text) and make th
column as wide as the first word.

Hope this is what you want.

All the best,

Rol

--
rol
roly's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2463

Weird Calendering Problem
All, I've seen a lot of similar posts but have been having trouble regardless. We have Office XP on our Windows XP box, my wife and I each have our own XP login and our own .PST file for Outlook. If I send her a meeting request for an all day appointment, when it shows up in her calendar it shows up for 7pm->7pm the next day. In my calendar it's just all day, in hers it shows up starting at 7pm and spanning two days. The thing is, both of our time zones are set to Central Time GMT -6, and both of our daylight savings checkboxes are checked, and they are the same both in Outlook a...

Excel should be able to plot better probability graphs
Excel should be able to produce probability plots with the probabilities distributed symetrically about the mean. Normal and lognormal quantile-quantile paper showing this may be found at: http://www.weibull.com/GPaper/index.htm http://www.reliasoft.com/pubs/paper_normal.pdf http://www.reliasoft.com/pubs/paper_lognormal.pdf ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the ...

In excel and a pivot table
Hi there, I'm learning to use pivot tables. How can I stop the table listing (blank) in certain cells? I want to keep the data it relates to but would rather see that cell empty Regards Mansel In step 3 of the pivot table wizard, you can click the Options button, and in this dialog there's a checkbox "For Empty Cells, show" and you can fill in something (or leave blank) HTH Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Mansel" wrote: > Hi there, I'm learning to use pivot tables. How can I stop the table listing > (blank) in certain cells? > > I want to keep the da...

random selection of cells in excel
Dear All, I need to randomly select 1 out of n subjects (n=2,...5 etc). I know the typical approach is to assign random numbers to all n subjects, and pick the one corresponding to the first random number in the string of numbers (i.e. I get 3, 4, 1, 2 as a string of random numbers, this means that I need to select subject/cell number 3). Can somebody please advise if the following is acceptable: assign random numbers and then select the one that corresponds to the maximum (or minimum). I'm doing this in excel, so the random numbers generated have values between 0 and 1 (rand() function)...

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

Excel responding slowly
I'm running Excel 2002 and whenever I enter data into a cell there is a longer than normal delay before the next cell receives the focus. I also find that the drag and fill takes a long time to complete. When I do a Replace, it takes a long time to do, at least until it has replaced the designated items on the part of the sheet that is visible. After that, the rest of the replacements are quick. This only started recently and I don't know what causes it. My PC is running fine and the CPU is not abnormally tasked. Any ideas? Are there a lot of calculations automatically bei...

Help on Control Break Report in Excel
Hi, I was wondering if I could do a "Control Break" Report from Excel. I'm working in a school with students. Each Student is in a seperate grade_level and they are taking classes, for which they get grades. Thus I've got a spreadsheet with the following grades already sorted. Name GradeLevel Class Grade The Name Field has the student's Name in it. For instance Barry Jones The Grade Level has the student's gradelevel. For instance: 10th or 11th grade. The Class has the Course name that the student is taking such as: English II The Grade has the Grade th...

Empty Excel file is too large
I have deleted all sheets, and contents from my excel file, but it's still 2Meg in size. When I zip it, it's only 90K Bytes. (A blank excel file is usually 90K Bytes) Why is my empty file so large? It was originally 5 Meg, and I deleted all sheets, formulas, and VB codes. Right now there is nothing (except one empty sheet), but the size is still 2M. Please respond. Sometimes what I find is that Excel counts unused rows as part of the file size. So what I do is highlight all the rows from the first unused one to the last one, i.e. ctrl+g to bring up the goto box, then Ax:a65536,...

How do I tie a web Form to an excel database
Dear All, ...

Excel will no longer launch on my Macbook Pro

How to chart a profit & loss statement/Profitability analysis statement in Excel Charts
Hello All I want to chart a profit & loss statement / profitability analysis statement in Excel Chart. Essentially I have the numbers for the following in one of the Excel worksheet: ========================================= Gross Sales A sales & Admin Expenses B COGS (Cost of Goods Sold) C ========================================= Gross Profit D = A-B-C ========================================= Selling Expenses E General & Admin Expenses F ========================================= Total Expenses G = E + F ...

Excel Decimals
Does anyone know how to have .50 be displayed as it is on an excel worksheet without the 0 before the decimal??? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ A custom number format of #.00 will do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "yethela" <yethela.ulcxz@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:yethela.ulcxz@excelforum-nospam.com... > Does anyone know how to have .50 be displaye...

Excel
How do convert an int value of seconds past midnight into a time value? Example: 53100 = 2:45PM Hi, with your seconds in a1 =A1/(24*60*60) and format as time (hh:mm:ss) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Zuly" wrote: > How do convert an int value of seconds past midnight into a time value? > Example: 53100 = 2:45PM Divide by the number of seconds in a day, as in: =a1/86400 Format as a time. Regards, Fred ...

Edit a web query in Excel 2002 that runs a dialogue box for the user to input the name of the city.
I am trying to set up This name is then used by the web query to complete the UR eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Athens.html or http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/Cork.htm In early editions of Excel this involved inserint the live /[“city” “which city?”].html eg http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/owac/EU/climate/[“city” “which city?”].htm Has anyone worked out how to do this in Excel 2002 ...

Logging On Problems
Hi All, On saturday we successfully migrated our AD and Exchange from our old W2K server and Exchange 2000 to 2003 server and exchange 2003. For the last three days, all outlook clients have been working fine without any trouble, but this morning my own outlook client will not load, but gives the error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Unable to display the selected folder or item. You do not have permission to log on." My client machine is WinXP SP1, with Outlook XP and as I mentioned was working fine last night and I promise I haven't changed anything either on th...

Problem related to BYTE*
Hello friends, I have one API of IWMHeaderInfo3 interface. That API takes (BYTE* pT) as one of the output parameter and returns some value in this parameter. But for a one special case the value of this parameter set to blank. API: virtual HRESULT STDMETHODCALLTYPE GetAttributeByIndexEx( /* [in] */ WORD wStreamNum, /* [in] */ WORD wIndex, /* [size_is][out] */ LPWSTR pwszName, /* [out][in] */ WORD *pwNameLen, /* [out] */ WMT_ATTR_DATATYPE *pType, /* [out] */ WORD *pwLangIndex, /* [size_is][out] */ BYTE *pVal...

array formula Excel 97 (Poker)
Cells A1:A7 each contain a random integer from 1 to 13, with possibl repetitions. I have been trying to create a single formula that will test, for cel A1, for the presence of each of the next lowest four numbers in th range A!:A7 So if A1 contains 9, I would like the formula to return 1 if and onl if 8,7,6,and 5 all occur in the range somewhere, and return otherwise. This is tantamount to testing whether seven cards contain a five car straight headed by the card in A1. I just can't get the right combination of array or sumproduct to d it. I just know ther must be one........... Bil...

Outlook problems #4
How can I erase everything in my Outlook calendar and start over with a clean calendar? Open the Calendar Select View | Current View | By Category Press the Ctrl and A keys simultaneously on your keyboard to select all items Press the Delete key (or the Shift and Delete keys simultaneously to permanently delete them by bypassing the Deleted Items folder). -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Trish @uwcm.org" <trish.peninger@uwcm.org> wrote i...

Outlook SendRecieve Problem
Dear All I have an outlook recieve correctlly email from internal network and internet and send only to the internall clients in the network but can't send an emai over the exchange server to the internet email or other Exhange server mails please help me a.h Start here: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_smtp.htm -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "ahmad" <ahmad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAF22D92-2A12-42CD-9F64-BE08CD096D57@microsoft.com... > Dear All > I have an outlook recieve c...

Attachment problem #2
Our site includes Exchange2003 server and Outlook97/xp/2003 clients. An e-mail with attachment (Office appl) sent from specific sender to a number of recipients in different organization. Only to our site the attached file came damaged so that you can't open this file while the same file is received in a proper shape and can be opened in other site/organization (for instance at hotmail.com). What can be the reason? Would someone be able to help me solving this problem, please ? Thank you in advance Ben What are you using for AV/Content Filtering? On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:41:01 -0700...

anoying viewing problem
i was wondering if anybody can help me please. I have an existing workbook on the network which i keep trying to open, everybody else in the office can view it appart from me, sometimes i can and other times it just appears blank. i have windows nt and excel 97, i have already changed my user profile andhave thecorrect user privalages, it is not the computer as it happens only with me on a number of them and we have already tried re-installing office 97! Cheers! How are you getting the file into your computer?.......floppy, CD, email, Network?.......try doing it a different way.......

problem working with hardware interrupt
Hi, I have searched google and have not found any indicator of an answer to the following question. I have an application that needs to synchronise to a hardware interrupt. I have a hardware driver that works fine at kernel level, and has a connection to the user level by recognition of the interrupt event occurrence. This occurs in an example dialog based mfc program, in a global function declared outside the class constructor. It works by updating an interrupt counter and updating two global variables. I want to have this interrupt event recognised by teh main GUI thread, but anytime ...

Having problems getting e-mail from two sites in Holland
I can not receive e-mails form the folowing two addresses jbooms@hetnet.nl and b.booms@planet.nl I received e-mail from them before but now I can't anymore. These addresses are in Holland and I am able to recieve other e-mails from Holland without any problems. I have MCAffee spam and MCAfee virus I can not find anything to solve this problem. Question is : IS the problem in Holland OR is it here in the USA or is it my settings in my computer?? PLease help. ...

Multiple Email Accounts Problem
Hi all I've recently upgraded to a broadband connection. I now have two number email accounts set up in Outllok - one relating to the braodband connection (Wanadoo) and one to my old connection (Tiscali) I can recieve emails without any problem but am having trouble sending from the old account - if I maintain its previos settings, I end with a 0x800ccc0f error message. I have tried to route the SMTP through the broadband SMTP settings - this seems to send okay but none get through to their destination Any suggestions appreciated "Sean Finney" <sfinney@sfinney.wanadoo.co....

Losing Tab Delimited info in excel
I am taking an excel file that contains several lines of data and then I save it as text in tab delimited format. When I open the file in excel or word, I lose all the tabs after in the 16th row of information when there is no data in those cells. It then continues to do this with each additional row of information. Any way to fix this so I do not lose the tab delimited? Rob, Open the file in Notepad to see exactly what's in it. Try the Text Write Program at www.tushar-mehta.com. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -------------------------------------...