Hi all,
I know a bit VB 6.0 programming. Will it help me to write exce
vba/macro(same thing?).can anybody help me by providing some fre
websites where i can have informations/codes for VBA/macro.
Please tell me how could i make a *command Button * in a cell in th
excel sheet

--
sdebu_200
sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=430

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Try David McRitchie's "getting started with macros" site.

Note the links at bottom of page for more info.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 3 Sep 2006 22:43:54 +0530, sdebu_2000
<sdebu_2000.2dkltc@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I know a bit VB 6.0 programming. Will it help me to write excel
>vba/macro(same thing?).can anybody help me by providing some free
>websites where i can have informations/codes for VBA/macro.
>Please tell me how could i make a *command Button * in a cell in the
>excel sheet?

0
Gord
9/3/2006 6:36:25 PM
Thank u very much

--
sdebu_200
sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=430
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=118812

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

plus

Tools>Macro>Visual Basic Editor>F1

Epinn

"sdebu_2000" <sdebu_2000.2dlgb4@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Thank u very much.
>

> --
> sdebu_2000
> sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4308
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1188128
>
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
someone6932 (228)
9/4/2006 9:51:30 AM
THANX GOD THAT U KNOW  *F1* IS THE DEFAULT HELP FOR ALMOST ALL THE m
APPLICATION.ANY WAY THNX FOR UR GREAT SUGGESTION

--
sdebu_200
sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=430
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=118812

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Hmmm, all caps and the "explicit" message.  Was that really necessary?  I
was just trying to help.

The emphasis was not on F1 but on opening Visual Basic Editor.  I was trying
to point out the fact that the Help files **within** Visual Basic are more
complete than the info retrieved by pressing F1 **outside** Visual Basic.

Here is the quote from an MVP:-

"...... if you open the Visual Basic Editor, you switch to a different
"application" and read a different set of Help files.......  Even if you are
not using VBA, open the Editor and click in it before opening Help: you will
get the full-strength stuff in there......"

Sorry that I tried to be helpful.

Epinn

"sdebu_2000" <sdebu_2000.2dlwyz@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> THANX GOD THAT U KNOW  *F1* IS THE DEFAULT HELP FOR ALMOST ALL THE ms
> APPLICATION.ANY WAY THNX FOR UR GREAT SUGGESTION.
>

> --
> sdebu_2000
> sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4308
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1188128
>
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
someone6932 (228)
9/4/2006 7:00:29 PM
Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!
I am really sorry! U took it with diff. meaning.Actually i was tryin
to joke with you.Please dont mind.Pleaseeeeeee

--
sdebu_200
sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=430
View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=118812

Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i

Okay!  Tell you what, when I try to be funny, I put <g> or a smiley ;).  I
will never use all caps.

So, now we know.  Let's start all over.

Epinn

"sdebu_2000" <sdebu_2000.2dnb0v@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Heeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!
> I am really sorry! U took it with diff. meaning.Actually i was trying
> to joke with you.Please dont mind.Pleaseeeeeee.
>

> --
> sdebu_2000
> sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4308
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1188128
>
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
someone6932 (228)
9/5/2006 7:20:13 AM
Thank you very much sir

--

Try this one:http://www.angelfire.com/biz7/julian_s/julian/julians_macros.htm

--
Saviz

"sdebu_2000" wrote:

> Hi all,
> I know a bit VB 6.0 programming. Will it help me to write excel
> vba/macro(same thing?).can anybody help me by providing some free
> websites where i can have informations/codes for VBA/macro.
> Please tell me how could i make a *command Button * in a cell in the
> excel sheet?
>

> --
> sdebu_2000
> sdebu_2000's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=4308
> View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=1188128
>
> Posted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
Saviz (1)

Excel automation to access a workbook
I want to utililze Excel Automation to obtain properties from an Excel workbook. Given path of the Excel workbook, how can I get the properties of a workbook without making the Excel application or the workbook visible. Then obviously close the Excel workbook and the Excel Object after I get the properties Any help with this would be appreciated Here is some code I am using. I need help getting it to work. When I run it, I get an error message "Run-time error '-2147417851 (80010105)' Method 'Open' of object 'Workbooks' failed" I am in a form in Acc...

Excel should allow chart axes to be set from sheet data.
I often chart account balances where I have x axis of dates and y axis of monetary amounts. It would be helpful if there was a facility to allow the x axis minimum and maximum to be set to some value as calculated from the data itself (or even calculated using a formula). I like to keep a "rolling" picture of the last three months (so, today()-90 to today()) and the next three months (today() to today() + 90) (on two separate charts). I have to manually update the x axis's minimum and maximum each day. you can set up formulas in cells to calculated your desired max/mins a...

dropdown menue macro
Hi - Can somebody help me with a drop down menue macro. I have a list of names on a hidden worksheet, Sheets("Student Info"), which the drop down menue lists those names. The drop down menue is on another, Sheets("Sheet1") When I choose a student name from the drop down menue, I would like several previously saved worksheets to open in the original workbook. When another name is selected, I would like the students worksheets that were opened to be saved (with a date and time stamp), closed, and the new worksheets of the new student opened. Thanks for your help - Ji...

Word 2007 and Macro; Help needed
I have this macro that prints an address onto an envelope that I have selected in a letter. It doesn't work because the macro is printing only the first line of the address. In the example below, it prints "Collection Department" instead of the entire address which is: Collections Department Bruneel Tire Factory 5304 Chinden Blvd Boise, ID 83714 How can I make it work. I really need this macro. Thanks. John King jking482@q.com Sub Macro1() ' ' Macro1 Macro ' ActivePrinter = "HP Officejet 7400 series" ActiveDocument.Envelo...

How do I show hidden column and row headings in excel?
How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? Excel displays only unhidden rows and columns, and their headings. But if you make the width or height small enough, it might still be possible to see the heading and not the data. However, this becomes more difficult as you move to column AB or row 101. "Mildred" <Mildred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D7D83F4B-289A-49A6-9057-23365EAFB300@microsoft.com... > How can I display hidden column and row headings in excel? ...

SOS! how do I run Excel without running the VBA in AUTO_OPEN?
Hi all, I am asking this for my friend. He has the following urgent problem. He put some VBA code into AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN), basically it execute some other functions, and then automatically saves the closes out the Excel sheet. The problem now is that he wants to open that sheet to edit some stuff, now he's stuck -- whenever he opens the sheet, the sheet always auto- closes, and he had no way of operating it... What can he do? Is there a way to open a sheet without executing that AUTO_OPEN (AUTO_RUN) function? thanks a lot! Hold down the Shift key when ope...

export data from excel to adobe
If you have 2007, Microsoft has a free add-in that will add the ability to print to a file in .pdf format that works across all Office 2007 applications: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en If you don't have 2007, then one of the easiest to use .pdf file creators is probably PDFCreator from SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdfcreator/ it installs as a virtual printer on your system and when you wish to create a .pdf file you simply print to that virtual printer. Instead of a sheet of paper, y...

Large shared excel files
I have an excel file that I use to manage clients. I have 1067 clients. I have 8 people in my department that edit the file. I have another 200 staff that have read only access to the file. Most of the time the file is about 1.3 MB in size. However, on occassion the file gets very slow and swells to about 25 mb. When I go to "tools" "Shared Workspace" it will show everyone who is currently signed on to edit the file. Sometimes however, it shows the same guy on three times. When this happens, the file creates a tmp file in the directory. It seems to me that excel ...

ALWAYS get Disable Macros warning
We have a user here that when opening Excel, he always gets the Macro warning... even if he sets the Macro security to "low". Is there a fix for this? Thanks ...

accessing outlook data using excel macro
Hey all, I'm very new with all of this, however, my problem is this: I have a bunch of data in excel which I then want to compare to certain "task" fields in outlook (ie. the "Due Date" column in Tasks for example), then update those outlook fields with new data. I was able to do it in an Outlook macro, but not in the Excel macro. I get a "User defined type not defined" error when trying to define a namespace variable as "Outlook.Namespace" Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. ...

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Linked Excel table
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I have weird printing problem that I can' seem to fix! Here's the story ... I am using Windows XP and Offic 2003. I link excel tables into a word document (paste special/as link) There is color font in the excel table. The color always appears on th screen, but disappears when I print it to pdf or printer, *but onl from certain PC's* Hence, the problem! I've compared the settings o Word and Excel between the PC that can print the colored text and th ones that cannot. To no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Philomen -- Message posted f...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

Cell Macro
I'm creating a stationery order form as a spreadsheet which uses the "IF" function to decide which items go on the final form. I need a way to hide the cells which aren't being used or move all the used cells to the top of the form, because at the moment Excel is printing out 4 pages of boxes when only one item is being ordered. Can anyone help? Thanks, Eilidh Eilidh This should do it: Sub HideRows() Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("B1:B400") 'alter this range to suit the Qty range rng.Select 'Make sure all row are visible Selection.EntireRow.H...

Cut and paste from Excel to Powerpoint
Hi If I'm copying a table from Excel to Powerpoint, I usually use Paste Special, then select Picture (Enhanced Metafile) to give me flexibility to edit later in Powerpoint. However, I find that if my table has more than about 15 columns, the 'pasted' version is truncated. If I select another paste option (eg Bitmap), the whole table is pasted, but this naturally reduces the quality and flexibility of the output. Does anyone know how I can ensure that the whole table is pasted, whilst retaining Enhanced Metafile format? Many thanks, O. --- Message posted from http://www.Exce...

How do I get macro to unmerge cells that have been previously merg
When I try to record the steps to unmerge 2 previously merged colums into 2 separate colums into a macro, when the macro is executed it tries to merge the colums instead of unmerging them? If I do the same steps without recording as a macro the unmerge works fine. Is there a trick invloved in recording a macro to do unmerging? Hmmmm not sure what's happening. Are you sure the cells you ar unmerging are merged (probably a daft question), merge/unmerge is toggle. Keyboard strokes are better than the mouse when using the record macr function, eg Ctrl+1 Alt+m Ente -- tghcog -------...

Password Protecting Excel Sheet
Hi, Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to an excel file. When a user clicks on this file, they would be prompted for a password. I know how to password protect things once in the file, but I also want to lock anyone out who does not have a password. Thanks, Chuck Chuck, File/SaveAs In the upper right of the dialog box..... Tools/General Options. John "ChuckW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d4101c3db78$a3a1e340$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to create a password in order to get in to > an ex...

Excell: Column Changes
The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? Tools|options|General Tab|Uncheck R1C1 reference style Doug wrote: > > The Excell program changed the Column labels from alpha characters to numbers. This makes it somewhat difficult to use formulas. Any ideas on how to changes back the numbers to alphabet characters ??? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Tools -- Options. On the View tab, under Settings, uncheck R1C1 style. Rgds, And...

Linking to Excel from MS Project
I was wondering if there is a way so that I can link the Gant Chart (Picture) made in Project to a sheet in Excel... I know I can copy the image over and paste it into the sheet, but I wanted something that would be able to dynamically change on an update and I dont have to copy and paste all the time. Any help is appreciated. ...

Program Will Not Uninstall
My ACER netbook has limited memory and speed. Deleting unused programs helped. A preinstalled Office home and student program will not uninstall. I get a message "language of this installation not supported by your system". (("set up error") Is there a Registryproble?How do I get rid of this high memory program? On Dec 29, 4:30=A0pm, Davey <Da...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My ACER netbook has limited memory and speed. Deleting unused programs > helped. A preinstalled Office home and student program will not uninstall= .. I > get a messa...

Convert Excel to comma delimited text #3
Thank you! That did the trick. -- deacs ------------------------------------------------------------------------ deacs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=266960 ...

Chart resizing during macro run
I have a VBA macro that updates a chart with a new data range every 2 minutes, and then copies the chart to a Word document for access via html/web displaying. Over time, the actual chart gets smaller and smaller in height (everything is scaled down to adjust) in the chart area. This happened with a Win98 Excel version, and still does with a new installation of Win XP Pro/Excel 2002. Is there anything I can do to stop this automatic resizing? Thanks. You could set the chart height during the macro: Sheets("Sheet1").ChartObjects("Chart 1").Height = 250 Mike Gre...

How do I combine several sheets into one document in Excel?
As you did not specify otherwise I presume there is something like Shee 1 has rows 1 to 250, sheet 2 has rows 1 to 500, and sheet 3 has rows to 250 etc. To join those you would highlight and Copy the rows in sheet 2, then then in sheet 1 click in cell A251 and Paste, then repeat the proces for sheet three into cell A751 etc. If you wish to match-and-merge data on the same rows from columns i another sheet that could be more difficult -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?act...

Open a program and program file from Access VBA
OK. First off, I am wanting to know if this can even be DONE :) I am wanting to program a command button on a form to open another application and then run a file pertaining to that application based on the "part number" value in a field on a form. I know that command buttons can be programmed to open applications using the command button wizard. However, (an this is just my train of thought), can VBA take the value from the part number field, then look into a specified folder (or two) and find the file to open? Any help on this is most appreciated. Thanks :) Yes, VBA can tak...

running a macro in excel 2000
I have a workbook with a macro which was created in excel 97. However, when I retrieved this workbook in excel 2000,it doesn't display the prompt that we used to have in excel 97 whether we want to disable or enable the macro. Anyway,I want to have Excel 2000 run the macro. When I open the workbook it says that Visual Basic macro module is now edited in the VB editor, not the workbook. When I go to Tools menu, macro command, Project Window, modules and run it, it says that the macro is disabled. How can I enable the macro, so that when Excel opens the workbook, the macro wil...