Excel sheets 1 2 3 so on

I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
                         B1 MIDDLE NAME:
                         C1 LAST NAME:

NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
                                                                      E4
MIDDLE NAME:
                                                                      F4
LAST NAME:
WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
SO ON.

Same as with a number or what ever.

Does that make since?

DO
Hendersonville TN.
0
danO (10)

In D4 of Sheet2 enter  =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Drag/copy across to F4

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:12:00 -0800, DanO <DanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
>sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
>Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
>                         B1 MIDDLE NAME:
>                         C1 LAST NAME:
>
>NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
>                                                                      E4
>MIDDLE NAME:
>                                                                      F4
>LAST NAME:
>WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
>SO ON.
>
>Same as with a number or what ever.
>
>Does that make since?
>
>DO
>Hendersonville TN.

0
Gord
11/28/2007 1:29:41 AM
The easiest way to do this, so you don't have to remember details of
the syntax, is to select cell D4 in Sheet2 and type an equals sign (as
if you were going to enter a formula), then click the tab to select
Sheet1, click on cell A1, then press <Enter>. This will take you back
to Sheet2. If you now click on D4 again and look in the formula bar,
you will see a formula like this:

=Sheet1!A1

You can repeat this method starting in cell E4, and clicking on B1 in
Sheet1, and similarly for F4. You will get these formulae:

E4:    =Sheet1!B1
F4:    =Sheet1!C1

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
> sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
> Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
>                          B1 MIDDLE NAME:
>                          C1 LAST NAME:
>
> NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
>                                                                       E4
> MIDDLE NAME:
>                                                                       F4
> LAST NAME:
> WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
> SO ON.
>
> Same as with a number or what ever.
>
> Does that make since?
>
> DO
> Hendersonville TN.

0
pashurst (2576)
11/28/2007 1:33:24 AM
Thanks ....
--
DanO
Hendersonville,TN.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> In D4 of Sheet2 enter  =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
>
> Drag/copy across to F4
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 17:12:00 -0800, DanO <DanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
> >sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
> >Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
> >                         B1 MIDDLE NAME:
> >                         C1 LAST NAME:
> >
> >NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
> >                                                                      E4
> >MIDDLE NAME:
> >                                                                      F4
> >LAST NAME:
> >WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
> >SO ON.
> >
> >Same as with a number or what ever.
> >
> >Does that make since?
> >
> >DO
> >Hendersonville TN.

0
DanO8105 (2)
11/28/2007 1:53:00 AM
Thanks,
That seems simple.
it works....
Again thanks
--
DanO
Hendersonville,TN.

"Pete_UK" wrote:

> The easiest way to do this, so you don't have to remember details of
> the syntax, is to select cell D4 in Sheet2 and type an equals sign (as
> if you were going to enter a formula), then click the tab to select
> Sheet1, click on cell A1, then press <Enter>. This will take you back
> to Sheet2. If you now click on D4 again and look in the formula bar,
> you will see a formula like this:
>
> =Sheet1!A1
>
> You can repeat this method starting in cell E4, and clicking on B1 in
> Sheet1, and similarly for F4. You will get these formulae:
>
> E4:    =Sheet1!B1
> F4:    =Sheet1!C1
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Pete
>
> On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
> > sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
> > Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
> >                          B1 MIDDLE NAME:
> >                          C1 LAST NAME:
> >
> > NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
> >                                                                       E4
> > MIDDLE NAME:
> >                                                                       F4
> > LAST NAME:
> > WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
> > SO ON.
> >
> > Same as with a number or what ever.
> >
> > Does that make since?
> >
> > DO
> > Hendersonville TN.

0
DanO8105 (2)
11/28/2007 1:55:00 AM
You're welcome Dan - thanks for feeding back.

Pete

On Nov 28, 1:55 am, DanO <D...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks,
> That seems simple.
> it works....
> Again thanks
> --
> DanO
> Hendersonville,TN.
>

> "Pete_UK" wrote:
> > The easiest way to do this, so you don't have to remember details of
> > the syntax, is to select cell D4 in Sheet2 and type an equals sign (as
> > if you were going to enter a formula), then click the tab to select
> > Sheet1, click on cell A1, then press <Enter>. This will take you back
> > to Sheet2. If you now click on D4 again and look in the formula bar,
> > you will see a formula like this:
>
> > =Sheet1!A1
>
> > You can repeat this method starting in cell E4, and clicking on B1 in
> > Sheet1, and similarly for F4. You will get these formulae:
>
> > E4:    =Sheet1!B1
> > F4:    =Sheet1!C1
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > Pete
>
> > On Nov 28, 1:12 am, DanO <D...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1 to
> > > sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
> > > Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
> > >                          B1 MIDDLE NAME:
> > >                          C1 LAST NAME:
>
> > > NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
> > >                                                                       E4
> > > MIDDLE NAME:
> > >                                                                       F4
> > > LAST NAME:
> > > WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
> > > SO ON.
>
> > > Same as with a number or what ever.
>
> > > Does that make since?
>
> > > DO
> > > Hendersonville TN.- Hide quoted text -

pashurst (2576)
11/28/2007 9:31:23 AM
If there were a lot of this I would use a macro but the "simplest" way is to
link with a formula in sheet 2 such as
=sheet1!a1
--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel
"DanO" <DanO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am making forms and want to know how to import information from sheet 1
> sheet 2 or 3 or so on.
> Like sheet one in A1 FIRST NAME:
>                         B1 MIDDLE NAME:
>                         C1 LAST NAME:
>
> NOW ON SHEET 2  TO GET IT TO SHOW SAY IN D4 FIRST NAME:
>                                                                      E4
> MIDDLE NAME:
>                                                                      F4
> LAST NAME:
> WHAT FORMULA WOULD I USE TO GET THE INFORMATION FROM SHEET 1 TO SHEET 2 OR
> SO ON.
>
> Same as with a number or what ever.
>
> Does that make since?
>
> DO