Excel 2003 colour

I have the following problem with Excel I have seen that a simila
question was asked some 18 months ago but am unable to find th
solution

I am using Office 2003 Pro and my Excel 2003 will not "fill" cells wit
any colour nor allow fonts to be shown in color.

But the print preview shows the colour and infils correctly.

When clicking on the cell to edit it the colour is shown.

When opening an imported worksheet the colour is shown until I make an
change to the book and all the colour disappears.

No colour is displayed on imported worksheets created in earlie
versions
either.

Thanks for any help

Paul

--
hardings

See if this helps

The fill color, the fill pattern, or the line color of a WordArt or
AutoShape
object in an Office document does not change

--
---
HTH

Bob

"hardings" <hardings.2iwp9a@news.excelbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have the following problem with Excel I have seen that a similar
> question was asked some 18 months ago but am unable to find the
> solution
>
> I am using Office 2003 Pro and my Excel 2003 will not "fill" cells with
> any colour nor allow fonts to be shown in color.
>
> But the print preview shows the colour and infils correctly.
>
> When clicking on the cell to edit it the colour is shown.
>
> When opening an imported worksheet the colour is shown until I make any
> change to the book and all the colour disappears.
>
> No colour is displayed on imported worksheets created in earlier
> versions
> either.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Paul H
>

> --
> hardings

0
bob.NGs (282)
12/16/2006 1:21:13 PM
Thanks Bob that has woked, I took the machine over and someone who
thought to and did have some fun at my expence. Again many thanks for
your help.
Paul Harding

--
hardings

Email address auto completion doesn't always work in Outlook 2003
When I type in the first few letters of the email address of an outgoing email a menu of suggested email addresses appears, but it is sometimes empty when I would expect it to show email addresses in my address book or email addresses of people I have sent emails to or received emails from previously. How do I correct this? Autocompletion is not a robust or reliable feature. It frequently stops working usually because Outlook loses its connection to its autocompletion cache. This can happen for a number of reasons, most often because Outlook is not exiting completely and thus n...

SFO Error
We are just testing SFO on 2 clients at the moment - the first is WinXP with Office XP (2002) and the second is WinXP and Office 2003. On the 2003 machine whenever we try to save a new an when offline we get "An error has occurred. Please contact your system administrator". We have installed the SFO Rollup hotfixes and tried resetting the Forms Cache. Any ideas ? Is Outlook 2003 supported ? Thanks Ian ...

Excel 2007: File Extension Warning
I've created a file extension for Excel workbooks and associated the extension with Excel. No problem opening the file with older versions of Excel. With Excel 2007 I get a message stating that the file "is in a different format than specified by the file extension". I can select Yes to open the file, but I'd like to bypass this warning if possible. I tried adding the file's location to the Trusted Sources list, but that didn't affect this warning. Any suggestions? ...

Grouping data in Excel
Hello I have a large org chart in Excel which was produced by someone else (so I don't know how they contructed it). I have added some new data to it, but I didn't use the drawing tool, I just typed into and merged/formatted the cells as usual. I need to move this chart across to word, but it is too large to just cut and paste. I am fine with grouping the chart and pasting it 'as special' into Word, but when I try and copy the chart across, my updates are left behind. Any ideas about how I can re-group these updates into the move? I have tried the re-group function ...

Excel 2007 Password Recovery
Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a password on open on one of my documents, she does not remember what the password is, can you help me to figure out how to recover this password. I have tried numerous recovery tools and still no luck. This document contains vital information and starting a fresh is not a option. Thanks Hi, You can buy a password cracking utility on the web, google Excel Password Cracker. This should tell you that passwords are not total security. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "OS360_ITMAN" wrote: > Hi, im in a fix as an employee has placed a...

Excel spradsheet automation help
there are 3 sheets in an excel spreadsheet say the names are 1,2 AND3 layouts ar ethere for all 3 sheets. the first sheet is used as input and based on certain fields/columns in the first sheet i need to populate entries in the second and 3 rd sheet. teh main purpose is taht based on the first sheet the 2 and 3 sheet should be automatically filled. wat kind of formula / macro should i be using .. im new to this and jsut know to create macro. CAn anybody help ON either Sheet 2 or Sheet 3, you can put this formula in any cell and it will return whatever value is in cell A1 on sheet 1. =Sh...

Excel Concatenate formula problem
Hi, Im trying what i believe should be a simple formula, i have a list o 500 numbers e.g 25452820 25452821 25452822 and so on.... I need to insert a "0" infront of all the numbers for which i am usin the formula =CONCATENATE(0,A1:A500) and this works fine. My problem being i also need all the numbers to have a space after th 3rd digit???? e.g 025 452820 025 452821 and so on.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com hi, Easier solutions may exist but this worked for me. Assuming your concatenated result is in C8. =CONCATENATE(LEFT(C8,LEN(C8)-3)," ",RIGHT...

How do I turn off email headers in Outlook 2003
I am trying to turn off email headers on a system that is running Outlook 2003. A 3 line email is turning into a 2 page email with all the headers..(ie received by to the Received from etc etc etc). Any help is greatly appreciated.. Are you referring to the quoted To/From/Date/Subject fields or to entire message header including all the IP addresses, server names, etc...? In case of the last; Outlook doesn't do this. Is this happening when replying to the message or when receiving it? Assuming the last, do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Ou...

Icon size of Outlook 2003 with big font
I'm using `big font' on my machine and the icons of outlook 2003 looks ugly because they are scaled. Is there a way to prevent the scaling to get the size of icons you have when you are not in big font? Thanks, Manu ...

MS Money 2003 Deluxe computing error & zero support
2-26-04 My version of MS Money 2003 Deluxe miscalculates an equity current value in the Account List page. Then total value for that firm is wrong, total investments is wrong, ad ininitum. So product is unworthy of further use. Also when I seek on-line support I am put into an infinite loop of pick an item, sent to "click here" and sent back to where I started. Not much support there! Guess I'll move onto Quicken and learn my lesson not to waste my money on lousy Microsoft Money again. In microsoft.public.money, JB wrote: >Guess I'll move onto Quicken alt.comp...

address book issues between after switch from excahnge 2000 to 2003
here is our problem after our server crash (which ran exchange 2000 ) we decided to go with exchange 2003. the email and was not migrated but restored directly from backup tapes. the address books restored from archived .pst files, in one instance extracted from the user's blackberry. The users are still on Outlook 2002 now here comes the problem. now and then ( more often when user replies to pre-crash email) the email bounces (and this is only for internal email addresses) it seems that either exchange 2003 or Outlook 2002 still sees the old AD string in the address books. ( this is...

datetime format issues when linking access to excel
Does anyone had problems with datetime issues when trying to link access into excel? using the database query option, it gives me an error of [microsoft][ODBC Microsoft access driver]invalid datetime format on column number 1 (date/time), and will not import the data. ...

writing non-ascii text to a file from an Excel functio
Hi, I'm very new to the world of Excel Macros and functions so please bear with me. I have cobbled together a VB function to export an XML document from Excel, the function allows the user to choose a column for export. The function will be used for multilingual export into various XML documents and as such must be able to export data *exactly* as it is in the Excel document. Problem is that all non-Latin characters are exported as question marks "?". The code that does the writting to the file is as follows: Print #iFileNum, "<?xml version=""1.0""...

Exchange 2003 Upgrade and AD Users and Computers Exchange Advanced Tab
In the previous message (Gary D) stated a similar question. I noticed that after I installed Exchange 2003 Ent. to upgrade my Exchange 2003 Std. that I have the "Outlook Web Access Field" on the Exchange Advanced tab on the AD Recipeint Properties. The Outlook Web Access Folder field is appearing right under the "Simple Display Name" on the Exchange Advanced tab. However, all of the objects (Users) under the Users folder that were in an Enabled state do not have this new field. How do I get this field to appear on ALL of the user objects in Active Directory Users ...

Excel column chart with a 2ndary y axis w/o bars overplotting?
How do you create a column chart with a secondary axis without having the bars overplotting? I would like the bars to be adjacent to one another. This example should help: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/two_column_series_with_two_axes/ -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com -- Regards, John Mansfield http://www.pdbook.com "LAdams@work" wrote: > How do you create a column chart with a secondary axis without having the > bars overplotting? I would like the bars to be adjacent to one another. Your URL does not go to the example. Do you have anoth...

Outlook 2003 Advance Find
I got this error message when searching PST: "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. A folder by this name already exists" /cleanfinds doesn't help Any idea? TR ...

Charting 2003 to 97.
Hi all, Have created an XLS in 2003 that works well. Not having used PivotTables or PivotCharts prior, I've managed to do what I intended. Update the raw-data, PivotTables and respective charts. That's in 2003, sadly the charts won't update in 97 and this is where I'm needing assistance. I've little VBA experience and realistically have stumbled my through this little project; but learning where and when I can. Again, any assistance in updating the charts in a Excel-97 environment would be appreciated. Cheers, Cameron ************************************************* Pr...

excel paste in powerpoint
When I paste a chart from Excel to PowerPoint the chart is distorted. For example, the legend is huge and covers up a good portion of the graph. I use the paste special/picture option of pasting. A few weeks ago all was fine but not things are distorted. This only happens on a my PC. Other PCs in the office paste the chart without the distortion. My version of Excel is 9.0.6926 SP-3 (others in the office have the same version). Any ideas what is going wrong? This might not help, but it's worth a try. Hold Shift while selecting Copy Picture from the Edit menu in Excel, to co...

Migrate from Goldmine 5.0 to Exchange 2003
Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Dan Hellebust wrote: > Has anyone had any experience with this? I am wanting to move > history, the shared contacts, shared files etc. Any information > would be greatly appreciated. Check www.slipstick.com for conversion utilities to get the info into Outlook - if you can get it in there, you can get it into Exchange, most likely - at least your calendar, contacts, etc. I'm not sure what sort of shared files Goldmine u...

Bullets in PPT 2003
Bullet / paragraph indentation (I believe) in ppt 2003 applies to the whole text box, not just a specific paragraph / bullet point. I think this has been changed in ppt 2007 (thank you MS), but is there a work around for us unlucky ones still using ppt 2003? I want to have a text box with normal text and indented bullet point. At the moment the only way I have found to do this is actually have two text boxes, then group them. If you make the bulleted bullet a 2nd level bullet, you can remove the bullet point and adjust the indents for the "normal" text (which is ac...

opening excel attachments
I received an e-mail with an .xls attachment and I can't open it because I don't have excel on my home computer system, is there a way I can open this without buying anymore software? I have XP home version, 2003, Thanks. "rosterode" wrote > I received an e-mail with an .xls attachment and I can't > open it because I don't have excel on my home computer > system, is there a way I can open this without buying > anymore software? Search Microsoft for "Excel Viewer" Micerosoft offers a free XL viewer, which permits you to read but not ...

How do I link excel to word so excel changes appear in word?
I have to write a word document in my submittals and some of what I d in excel I have to hand type into word. Is there a way I can typ something like "The total cost is $345,897" and have the number chang if my excel pricing changes so I don't have to keep changing the number in the word document? I know you can paste tables you make in excel into word, but what need is to beable to link a cell in excel to the middle of a sentenc in word -- caliskie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- caliskier's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/mem...

About Macros for Excel
It is important to me to get all about macros for Excel. I want to look up some reliable PDF reference or another type de file or link to learn from the begining of macros. I do not know if some of you are able to lend me some interesting macros to my personal practising. Thanks in advance Francisco One place to start: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article <eSdChBbDGHA.3528@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Francisco Valladares" <fvalladares@viabcp.com> wrote: > It is important to me to get all about macros for Excel. I want to look up >...

How to embed fonts in Excel?
Hi, I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) thanks and regards, David You can't embed fonts in an Excel workbook. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23c501c47d4a$e5a23000$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need to know how to embed fonts in Excel > my version of excel is Excel 2003 (11.5612.5606) > > thanks and regards, > David David wrote: > Hi, > > I n...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...