Excedl 2003 / How to automize file opening

Hello Everyone

below, my issue with excel 2003:

When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
the same
directory.

a. mainfile.xls
b. datafile1.xls
c. datafile2.xls
d. datafile3.xls

In "mainfile.xls", I do use function such as INDIRECT("Datafile1.xls.....),
to calculate various figures using my data files.

My main problem is that if all my "datafileS.xls" are not opened
when launching "mainfile.xls", this one cannot retrieve the data, and shows
all cells with: #REF"

Your help would be really appreciated, by the way, happy week-end to all
members.

Ced
0
Ced1 (2)

Hi Ced,

> When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
> needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
> the same
> directory.

You can solve this in a number of ways, the easiest being creating a workspace
file.

Open all files that belong together and then choose file, save workspace. This
saves what files you have open at a specific moment. Opening a workspace file
then causes all pertaining workbooks to be opened automatically.

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)
12/9/2005 11:55:15 AM
Jan,
prompt answer, thank you very much, have a nice week-end.
Cedric

"Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote:

> Hi Ced,
>
> > When opening my "mainfile.xls", I wish it could open others "datafileS.xls",
> > needed for my calculation within "mainfile.xls". All files are located in
> > the same
> > directory.
>
> You can solve this in a number of ways, the easiest being creating a workspace
> file.
>
> Open all files that belong together and then choose file, save workspace. This
> saves what files you have open at a specific moment. Opening a workspace file
> then causes all pertaining workbooks to be opened automatically.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jan Karel Pieterse
> Excel MVP
> http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
Ced1 (2)
12/9/2005 3:33:02 PM
Hi Ced,

> have a nice week-end.

Same to you!

Regards,

Jan Karel Pieterse
Excel MVP
http://www.jkp-ads.com

0
jkpieterse (271)

HOWTO hibernate winXP via a btach file
Hi, I came to find, in windows XP SP3, that the command, _-%windir%\system32\rundll32.exe_PowrProf.dll,_SetSuspendState_m2-_ or _-rundll32.exe_powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState_0,1,0-_ executed at a command prompt, triggers the hibernation process as hibermation proceeds; I can see the winXP progress bar. But unfortunately it does not stop their, my machine resumes from hibernation, within seconds, unless I switch-off the power as soon as hibernation completes. The same is the case, when I use the power switch. Thru the Power Config UI, I have chosen the hibernation option, ...

Excel 2003 and Time Formats
So, I just upgrade my OS to Windows 7. I have a spreadsheet that does time calculations from time to hours. It has worked flawlessly for years, and even for the first day I had Windows 7... in the same spreadsheet. Now it doesn't seem to recognize the 12:00 AM format and it's being interpreted as text, not time anymore. When I reformat the cell so that it's a new time format, it's not interpreting any of them anymore.... Is anybody else having this problem? Have you heard/seen this before? Okay, I figured it out... apparently you can't change your OS dat...

Is it possible to enlarge fonts in Outlook 2003 Navigation Pane?
Hello, I have a user with a visual disability and she needs big fonts. Recently, she has said her navigation pane has gone back to the default font settings and she needs them to be large again. Note: she wants to change only her Outlook view; she is resisting going to the display settings and using large fonts there. I need to know if this is possible to do, without making everything in her windows setup large. I don't see an option to attach a screen shot, so here is a link to show what area I'm talking about. <a href="http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4019/44408...

how do i get contacts from outlook 97 to outlook 2003
I have outlook 97 and am installing office Student edition 2003. How do I get all of the files from the old outlook to the new? Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, jwrogers asked: | I have outlook 97 and am installing office Student edition 2003. How | do I get all of the files from the old outlook to the new? I'm looking for more of...

Link a PDF file to a worksheet
Hello to all. I do not consider myself an expert in Excell, I know quite a bit of the basic stuff, but when it comes to macros and coding it gets too technical. I hope that someone here can offer some advice on what i'm wanting to acheive. I have this single worsheet spreadsheet. It's an invoice log, I jot down information on each invoice that hits my desk, dates, amounts, when it comes back to me, when I input it in the system, requisition numbers, etc. Recently we added a scan funtion to our copier, and it allows us to have a digital format of the invoices. I've just been ...

SBS Exchange 2003: Create new user in AD but no exchange mailbox #2
I'm using SBS Exchange Server 2003 SP2. When I create a new user using Active Directory, it doesn't create the Exchange Mailbox. I can right-click and use Exchange Tasks to Recreate/Delete the mailbox and everything says it's "Ok", yet there is no mailbox found in the store. I get this even when I reboot the server and send an email to the new address. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Opening Word '07 askes to add a file from disk, why?
I've downloaded Office 2007 but when I open Word my computer always opens a box asking me to insert a disk to copy a file it needs. I can't run my '07 version of Office. I had previously been using Office 2003 with no problems. What's up? ...

problems with activesync 4.1 and outlook 2003
I just got a pocket PC the 8125 by cingular, but i used to have a old visor palm pilot that used hotsync. I uninstalled the old software and installed the new active sync 4.1, however I cannot sync with outlook 2003 even though the pocket PC is connected and I can explore it's files. I keep getting error 0X85010014, which suggests some firewall problem. I removed all of my firewalls and it still did not work, I also tried fixing, as well as reinstalling, no avail. What do I need to do to make this work? Thanks, BAEZ32 In news:B533CC4F-3677-4A3B-B353-B74C6DFF48C1@microsoft.com,...

Exchange 2003 Maill Routing
Hello, I am starting the process of merging two companies' e-mail systems together. They use Lotus Domino, and we use Microsoft Exchange 2003. We would like to route all outgoing mail from our Exchange server directly to their Domino servers through our new physical connection. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Create an SMTP connector and specify that it send to a Smart Host, the Smart host being the Domino server. I'd recommend specifying the server by IP, enclosed in brackets [IP.IP.IP.IP]. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Omnipower321" &l...

view in Outlook 2003
Just got upgraded to 2003. Set the view for the Inbox and then turned on "groups" so that messages are collapsed. Question: In 2002 using this setup, the view was very much like all other views, i.e. same size font. In version 2003 the space taken up by each "group" line too wide and there is a physical black line which divides each group. I want to get rid of this black line. Go to Views, Arrange By, Customize, Define Views and select the Messages view, then modify. On the other settings button you can change the group shading and remove the lines and it wil...

How do I take off restrictions that prevent opening of attachment
In Office 2007 If I want to open an attachment or want to map a contact in contacts I get a message stating this operation has been canceled due to restictions in effect. Please contact your system manager. I am the system manager and This is occuring on my lap top Windows 7 Thank you for your help Dan Danyboy See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "danyboy" <danyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Outlook 2003
Hi I have an exchange server 5.5. 5 machines on my netwok are running Outlook 2003. When 3 of these machines open outlook, they get a 'Exchange server not responding' message. If you click retry, they then connect fine. I have tried doing a repair install of the software with no result. Any ideas would be appreciated. Checked the resources on the Exchange 5.5 machine? It could be too busy. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 --...

Spreadsheet (version 1).xls: file format is not valid
My question was not posted from Tuesday, March 30, 2010, so I am asking again. Windows 7, excel 2007, while spreadsheet open, not necessarily in the middle of editing, arbitrarily goes to recovering the spreadsheet, then document recovery comes up on the left and the message as in the subject line appears. A converter was added about a week ago, that has been removed, but still having the issue. Please help. ...

MSOutlook 2003 Sending error 0x80042109
I have WinXP Pro SP2 and MS Office 2003 (upated to SP2) Standard edition and am using MS Outlook 2003. When I send/receive messages, I get this message: Task 'xxx- Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook is unable to connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' My MS Outlook 2003 settings: POP3 = 110 SMTP = 25 Server names are correct. I can ping server with no lost packets. My MS Outlook worked well before even with my antivirus (NOD32) and Windows Fi...

open relay #10
Gurus I did run the open relay test and found the following MAIL FROM :<spamtest@mydomain.com> 250.2.1.0 spamtest@mydomain.com....sender OK RCPT TO:<nobody%msv.dk@mydomain.com> 250.2.1.5 nobody%msv.dk@maydomain.com DATA sending test data MAIL FROM :<spamtest@mydomain.com> 250.2.1.0 spamtest@mydomain.com....sender OK RCPT TO:<"nobody@msv.dk"> 250.2.1.5 "nobody@msv.dk"@maydomain.com DATA sending test data MAIL FROM :<spamtest@mydomain.com> 250.2.1.0 spamtest@mydomain.com....sender OK RCPT TO:<"nobody%msv.dk"> 250.2.1.5 "...

Excel 2003 math error
I have a cell that evaluates to 318.43. When I multiply that cell by 156, Excel gives me 49674.51, but the correct result, when I do the math by hand (and by Google), is 49675.08. What the ___ is going on? Hi Try extending the number of places of decimal on the first cell, and you will probably see that it is not 318.43 but something smaller (318.4263) which has been rounded to 318.43 With your evaluation formula that results in a displayed value of 318.43 in say C1, try =ROUND(C1,2)*156 -- Regards Roger Govier <cyraxote@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8801150f-5557-412d-9143-9...

2003 word and 2003 outlook
Occasionally when I'm using Outlook, I get a message that Microsoft word is busy and not my e-mail editor. In order to bypass this, I have to reboot. Any suggestions? ...

OWA 2003 logon issue
We are now facing the OWA logon issue, the following are the infomation. Environment: Exchange 2003 using as Front-end / Back-end deployment, FE is working as load balancing Symptoms: There are 2 machines, Machine1 and Machine2 There are 2 users, UserA and UserB For UserA logon to Machine1, when he try to logon to OWA, after input the credential, the frame had been loaded but no content inside. Then the credential window keeping prompt up,it is no use to input the credential again and again. UserA then cancel the prompt or click the "ESC" button, the data can be display finall...

Partial Lost Formatting in Linked File?
I have a macro process that generates charts in a series of individual workbooks and copies each chart sheet from that workbook to a single workbook. This results in a workbook containing up to sixty charts, which I then mail out. Obviously, once mailed, the external links are no longer available. Not a problem, except for one thing... The X-axis is a date range. In the original copy (residing in the same workbook as the data), the axis looks good, and the mouseover text on all series works just fine - I see, for instance, 'Series "X" Point "10-Mar-06" Value: 0.033'...

recover exchange 2003 users contact list
Hey, having a problem on our 2003 exchange server. a user on one of the stores overwrote their contact list with a new contact list somehow.. now only 1 user is in that list. they want to recover their older contact list. what is the procedure to do this? any documentation or notes would help, thank you! ps.. backups are run on everythink imaginable on the exchange server. -- nick Restore database to recovery storage group, exmerge data out and copy from .pst to mailbox. xlblazin@aol.com wrote: > Hey, > > having a problem on our 2003 exchange server. > a user on one of t...

ADPREP 2008 in a 2003 domain
Hi All, We are looking to install a member server 2008 into a server 2003 domain. Is it safe to upgrade the schema to 2008 without having a server 2008 DC? I'd like the able to have some of the functionality of 2008 but we are unprepared at this point to migrate a DC to 2008. Many of our workstations are Vista and now Windows 7, and the admin tools in those can take advantage of the enhancements of 2008 allowing us to use things like the new group policy extensions etc. Thanks in Advance Andy Hello Andy, You can upgrade the schema without adding a DC, that is ...

Upgraded to Outlook 2003 and no longer have offline access to mail
Hi, Hope someone can help me. I've upgraded from Office XP to Office 2003 and have the following problem: Formerly, under Outlook XP, when I shut down, Outlook would synchronize my Exchange Mailbox with a local copy at shutdown so that I could access existing mail, calendars and notes while offline. After the upgrade that no longer happens. I have verified the following: 1. No other changes have been made to my mail account. 2. My Outlook configuration is set up to support synchronization (verified by our local IS support team as well). I have the following additional ...

opening folders
S.O. Vista Home Premium SP2 Problem: opening folders. For some time it is impossible to open the folder double click, crashes with error message: Windows Explorer has stopped working .... I can only open them with right-click Explorer, while right click Open gives me the same problem. I tried, in vain, downloading ShellExView and disabling all non-Microsoft items. Solutions? Thanks, Robi "Robi" <robiaz@alice.it> wrote in message news:#YmrX1p1KHA.3744@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > S.O. Vista Home Premium SP2 > Problem: opening folders. > For some t...

Outlook 2003 and Windows 2003 SP1
Outlook 2003 worked fine on Windows server 2003 untill Sp1 was applied. Now it states every time i try to start it "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I have tried these actions to repair the problem: Removed all office applications, and reinstalled. Reinstalled windows 2003. Created new mail profile. Tried entering the ip address of the ...

Exchange 2003 is getting hit hard as a relay
I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server from being a mail relay. What i am seeing? I see many emails sent out to people that show it was sent from my email address. I thought Exchange 2003 did not allow this by default? Please help. Exchange 2k3 isn't an open relay by default. Do you have Exchange aware antivirus software? Have you tried turning off authenticated relay in your SMTP server settings as well? Jeremy Hillin wrote: > I am looking for the correct settings to stop my home exchange server > from being a mail relay. > > What i am s...