Evaluate Method.

Hi,
 I need help with evaluate Method.
What I am trying to do is write for loop for following.
        UserForm2.Label1.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label2.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label3.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label4.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label5.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label6.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label7.Caption = ""
        UserForm2.Label8.Caption = ""

I tried this(below) and many other thing, but nothing seem
to work. Any suggestion on making this work?

For i = 1 To 8
   Evaluate ("UserForm2.Label" & CStr(i) & ".Caption = """)
Next

For i = 1 To 8
   Me.Controls("UserForm2.Label" & CStr(i)).Caption = ""
Next

Thanks
Mitesh
0
mits (1)

Hi Mitesh

One way:

    For i = 1 To 8
        Me.Controls("label" & i) = ""
    Next counter

--
Best Regards
Leo Heuser

Followup to newsgroup only please.

"Mits" <mits@mycom.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> Hi,
>  I need help with evaluate Method.
> What I am trying to do is write for loop for following.
>         UserForm2.Label1.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label2.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label3.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label4.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label5.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label6.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label7.Caption = ""
>         UserForm2.Label8.Caption = ""
>
> I tried this(below) and many other thing, but nothing seem
> to work. Any suggestion on making this work?
>

> For i = 1 To 8
>    Evaluate ("UserForm2.Label" & CStr(i) & ".Caption = """)
> Next
>
> For i = 1 To 8
>    Me.Controls("UserForm2.Label" & CStr(i)).Caption = ""
> Next
>

> Thanks
> Mitesh

Evaluating text as formulae
Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and B2 and display the result? Thanks Nigel Like concatenating text? =concatenate(a1," + ",b2) or =concatenate(a1,b2) =concatenate(a1," ",b2) "Nigel Ramsden" wrote: > Is it possible to refer to text in a cell as though it were a formula, ie > execute it instead of displaying it? Eg if the result of your formula was > "A1 + B2", to actually add A1 and...

Have you evaluated...
Has anyone evaluated Celerant Command Retail or Tomax Retail.net POS solutions? How are they compared to RMS in terms of features and prices? ...

Downloadable evaluation version of Outlook 2003
does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable version? Thanks.....Sly Sly wrote: > does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable > version? > > Thanks.....Sly No. Not full Outlook, only Outlook Express is downloadable along with IE... >-----Original Message----- >does anyone know if it possible to get a downloadable >version? > >Thanks.....Sly >. > ...

Evaluate a Range
I would like to create a formula that looks at a range with a specified criterion and when it finds the first entry in that range that meets that criterion returns the position of that data in the range. For example, given the following data beginning in A1 and extending to D1: 5,7 ,8,11 I would like to create a formula that looks for a value greater than 10 in that range and then returns the number 4 to signify that it is the fourth entry in that range. Thanks as always for your help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way: Array enter (CTRL-SHIFT-ENTER or CMD-RET...

Business Portal Requisition Management Shipping Method
When adding a requisition item, it should have the option to choose a shipping method (with lookup) for the item on the RequisitonLine dialog. ...

cells evaluation question
Hey I have a spreadsheet with 9 cells (c14:c22) They will have integers entered from 0 to 10 I need a formula to do the following: - Find how many have a value >=5 - Get the total value of the cells with a value >=5 Thanks Simon You want Countif and Sumif, as in: =countif(c14:c22,">=5") =sumif(c14:c22,">=5") Regards, Fred "Simon" <Simon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D2F8EA3-D774-4A65-9157-274051900E28@microsoft.com... > Hey > > I have a spreadsheet with 9 cells (c14:c22) > They...

Does IF() Evaluate in Pivot Table?
Is this function really evaluated in the calculated field of Pivo Table? IF(SALES > 10000,100,200) It always returns the value of the FALSE argument for the entir column -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

2002 evaluation.
Some time ago I ordered an evaluation copy of MS Publisher 2002. The CD came 2 days later, but that's when my hopes for a good evaluation ended. The thing won't install without a Product Key, which Microsoft never provided me with. During the installation I click on the appropriate link, but all I get is a polite info that the Key has been already sent to the e-mail provided, but will be re-sent. Guess what, it never came. I sent an e-mail to MS support asking for help. They replyed promptly with a car salesman like attitude, saying that they are dedicated to providing ...

How to perform "Reverse pivot table method" in Excel 2007
Hello, on the J. Walkenbach's page http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip068.htm you can see the Joel Horowitz's method of transforming the matrix data back to the dataset table. Although this method is somehow the inverse of "pivot table method", this transformation also uses the "pivot table method" as part of this conversion. I didn't have any problem to perform this metod using the past versions of excel but there is a problem with use of Excel 2007 and its Pivot Table Wizard. This wizard simply don't have the parameters (or only I didn&#...

evaluate expression
Just curious. No reason really, it just occurred to me to ask. In vba you can use EVAL to evaluate an expression and in FoxPro you can use the EVALUATE() function. Is there such an animal in SQL 2005 or 2008 T-SQL? For SQL-Server, execution of dynamically build sql strings is allowed via the EXEC command or with the sp_sqlexec extended stored procedure. -- Sylvain Lafontaine, ing. MVP - Windows Live Platform Blog/web site: http://coding-paparazzi.sylvainlafontaine.com Independent consultant and remote programming for Access and SQL-Server (French) "Keith G Hic...

How to add shipment methods...
I need to customize my shipment methods and payment terms. Where do I do this? By adding the values into the values tab of the control. This is done under the Settings > Customise option. You probably need to have administrator rights to see this option. HTTH Gill >-----Original Message----- >I need to customize my shipment methods and payment >terms. Where do I do this? >. > ...

evaluate
I saw a worksheet for training programs in which this formula is written =IF(C5<1/1/1902,0,IF(C6>EDATE(C6,12),0,1)) can the function C6>EDATE(C6,12) can ever be true as the logic is refering to the same cell afd No, I don't see how that could ever be True. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "afdmello" <afdmello@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eXrWFES9KHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I saw a worksheet for training programs in which this formula is written > =IF(C5<1/1/1902,0,IF(C6>EDATE(C6,12),0,1)) > > can the function C6&g...

Evaluation same, result different?
I selected A22:A27 then input the following: {=CHAR(97+ROW(A22:A27)-ROW(A22))} CSE Though I get a,b,c ... e,f in cells A22:A27, but if I evaluate going into each of the cells in this range, the evaluator returns CHAR(97) always, but then how come the resultant character changes? Any ideas? Thu, 17 May 2007 23:53:11 +0530 from dindigul <padhye.m@gmail.com>: > I selected A22:A27 then input the following: > {=CHAR(97+ROW(A22:A27)-ROW(A22))} CSE > Though I get a,b,c ... e,f in cells A22:A27, but if I evaluate going into > each of the cells in this range, the evaluato...

Does Exchange 2003 offer method of scheduling resources s.a. projectors, conference rooms, etc.?
Is there a way within Microsoft Exchange 2003 to configure resources such as conference rooms, projectors, etc. for scheduling purposes? I realize that third party utilities would do this, but does this functionality lie within the Exchange application on its own? Thanks This relates to Exchange 2000, but the concept is pretty much the same: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF019.html -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org "Jen" <jguttormson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23BPc7paxDHA.2304@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is...

How to evaluate RMS 2.0 for various checking after evaluation expr
Dear Microsoft, It was really great working with RMS 1.3 and the time come when RMS 2. 0 lauched, then I thought that this version will have more benefit than 1.3 but here I lost everything. With RMS 1.3 I can create as many database for testing as I can and do the different senario testing with POS (Point of Sales software) whereas such feature is only avaiablle to the one database and 30 days trial time in RMS 2.0 which is I think not fair. You have many practices running in your bussiness and wanted to perform various test because you can not do things straight in any application. ...

About shareware Evaluation
Hi All How to program for Evaluation for a period of time ? e.g. "You have xx days left of your evaluation". And Ask for Register ? moonhkt You may want to ask in one of the programming groups. Windows XP isn't shareware. moonhkt wrote: > Hi All > > How to program for Evaluation for a period of time ? e.g. "You have xx > days left of your evaluation". > And Ask for Register ? > > moonhkt ...

Evaluation
Where can I find an evaluation copy or CRM?? ...

Please evaluate my new function
I am sure somebody already came up with a solution to do a vlookup towards the left, but I wanted to try and build my very own function, which I dubbed VSearch. This is the first function I design and I seek your opinion on the code, as well as suggestions to improve on it. The function requires three arguments, just like vlookup: Var_search represents what is looked up (either a value or the reference to a cell) Rng_where represents the range where the value defined above will be searched Int_column_offset represents the number of columns between the range Rng_where and the range ...

additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entiti
Hi all. I have a question about an additional method of online help for CRM3.0 user definition entities. A user definition entity (object_type_code:10000) and made an OnLineHelpFile (test.htm) which supported. In addition, I add following two lines to help_toc.xml. <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/userdefined/edit.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form Help</page> <page pro="true" sbe="true" topic="helptest" filename="/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=10000">Customized Form View Hel...

Evaluation Copy
I've having difficulty obtaining a copy of an EVAL for this product. Can anyone point me in the correct direction? All I've found is a CD that contains flash demos. Thanks in advance. Any reseller can provide an evaluation copy. To locate a reseller in you area, go to: http://www.microsoft.com/smallbusiness/products/mbs/retail/detail.mspx Click the "Buy" button. At the bottom of this page, there is a link to find a reseller in your area. Just put in your zip code and select "Retail Management" and you should get a list of local and national resellers to p...

office: mac v.x and alternate input methods
when i change the input method/langugae on the international system setting it does not work in office programs. any ideas? ryan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when i change the input method/langugae on the international system > setting it does not work in office programs. any ideas? It's because the input methods you select require Unicode and Office X does npt support it... Only Office 2004 does :-\ Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- http://www.mvps.org - http://mvp.support.microsoft.com MV...

Proper method for Excel/Query/Macro reporting
Hi All 1st of all sorry for the xpost, but I honestly don't know which group to post this query in. Basically I need to do an Excel report as follows: * User enters an sales rep code into say cell A1 and then clicks a button on the spreadsheet. * An SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep details and put it in the spreadsheet starting from say cell C1 onwards. * one blank row inserted * Another SQL query is executed to extract all sales rep's customer details and put it in the spreadsheet starting after the 1st query's data + the 1 blank line. * one blank row inserted...

Capital Gains method ?
How does Money calculate these gains ? FIFO,average or actual ? and how can it be changed ? Thanks Alan In microsoft.public.money, Apothecon wrote: >How does Money calculate these gains ? FIFO,average or actual ? and how can >it be changed ? Thanks Alan > In the US, for mutual funds, there are three methods permitted. You can select the method you want to use in the investment Details for each fund. Default in Money is Average double category (averaging long and short term separately). The IRS lets you choose, but you have to stick with averaging once you start. See http://ww...

Formula evaluates to #VALUE
I am computing the days between dates. I am using Vlookup() to capture the appropriate dates in another worksheet. Basically it is this (where B2 & C2 are in another sheet): B2 C2 D2 1/1/06 1/20/06 19 (C2-B2) 1/1/06 2/1/06 31 3/1/06 empty -38777 if C is empty and B is present I get a large negative number empty 3/15/06 38791 if C is present and B is empty, I get a large positive number empty empty 0 if both C and B are empty, I get 0 NA empty #VALUE! If either C or B is a t...

EVALUATE Function
I have looked on the internet but can't seem to find much information on Excel's EVALUATE Function. I see it being used but don't seem to have it in my function list with Excel 2003. Can someone provide an explanation of the EVALUATE function i.e. what it does, a little history, etc. Thanks for your help. Hi Frank, Evaluate is not a function, hence u can't see it in the function list. It is a formula auditing tool, located in Tools > Formula Auditing > Evaluate Formula (EF) . Basicaly if you enter a formula in a cell and use the EF it will show you exactly h...