error opening excel file

hi!
i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear
saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do
you want to continue loading the project?"

 i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this
workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error
log is being created"
 what happen to the excel file?
the excel file is only 2.6Mb

JP,
  A couple of issues.
First is the Sheet name.  This is the 'real' name of the worksheet, not the
one you see on the worksheet tab.  You have to go into the Visual Basic
Editor to see it in the properties window.  That's where you can shorten the
name.  Excel has a problem with really long Worksheet names.  The way a name
like 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111' happens is if you keep copying a
copied worksheet over and over and over and over..... again.  Excel keeps
adding a '1' to the end of the previous name so that 'Sheet321' becomes
'Sheet3211' which becomes 'Sheet321111', etc. until it basically explodes.
Second issue is a kicker.  If you can't open that file to change the name
and you REALLY need that information you can copy the information to a new
workbook/worksheet but it's going to look REALLY ugly.
The google search below goes to a thread that can, hopefully, guide you
through.
Good Luck.
Gary Brown

Thread at... (you will probably have to patch this address back together)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/1965b79631121f02/6cc94a8006b1be28?q=copy+a+worksheet+from+a+closed+workbook+group:microsoft.public.excel.*&_done=%2Fgroups%3Fas_q%3Dcopy+a+worksheet+from+a+closed+workbook%26safe%3Dimages%26as_ugroup%3Dmicrosoft.public.excel.*%26lr%3D%26num%3D30%26hl%3Den%26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#6cc94a8006b1be28

"jp" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> hi!
> i cannot open this excel file, an microsoft visual basic window appear
> saying "An error occur while loading 'Sheet32111111111111111111111111'. Do
> you want to continue loading the project?"
>
> i click yes, microsoft window appear and asking if i want to update this
> workbook? then i click no a Program Error window appear saying " An error
> log is being created"
> what happen to the excel file?
> the excel file is only 2.6Mb

0
gary.brown (25)

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

2003 Keeps the default workbook open
When I start Excel, it starts up with a blank workbook. If I immediately open a saved file, it closes the blank workbook... All good... except mine has stopped closing the blank one. So I always end up with 2 workbooks open, the one I opened and a blank one that I'm not interested in! Is this a setting? if so where? Can I fix it? thanks... M Did you or someone create a default workbook (ie, Book.xltx or Book.xltm) and save it in "C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART"? On 5/9/2010 4:17 AM, Michelle wrote: > When I start...

Need help w/ excel formula (duplicate entry)
Hello, I am not sure if this is possible but I would like write a formula that would recognize a duplicate entry under same column. e.g., column A has heading of Sample ID# and under is sample ID# in random order. If an entry of ID is then made but if it is a repeat of the ID that was previously entered, I would like to it to give some kind of warning message. Thank you. You may want to read some of Chip Pearson's techniques for dealing with duplicates: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Visit Chip Pearson's site for a Data|validation solution: http://www.cpearson.com/ex...

I need to widen my screen so I can print a wide file?
How do I do this? I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but changing to Landscape orientation might help. Assuming that you are using Word 2007, click the Page Layout tab, and then click Orientation in the Page Setup group. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "bingo" <bingo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA925BD1-D8EF-408B-9588-4F5BF7FCD554@microsoft.com... > How do I do this? > I need to print a copy that shows all the script which is too wide. ...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Excel error codes translations

delete server...routing master error

Re: Money 2004

set up different default printer for MS Excel
I have a printer A set up as default for my PC. I want to have a printer B to be default one for ALL NEW Excel files. So task is not to change it manually or via some macro button; the task is to have the printer B ready directly after opening of Excel file. Any suggestions? Stefan, You can change the default printer for all applications with the Windows Control Panel. Start - Control Panel - Printers and Faxes. Right-click the printer you wish to be the default, and choose "Set as Default." To set a default printer for Excel only (different from the Windows default printer...

Default File Renaming
When I save my files as webpages Publisher automatically renames alllllll of my files to Img001 Img002 etc etc and I have to go through the HTML and change ALL the file names so that it pulls the right pictures... my site is huge, this is tedious and annoying... can anyone help??? It is not renaming your image files, it is making copies of them. If you are renaming those copies than your page won't load the images because the file names will be wrong. I recommend you visit my site and review the articles I have for the version you are using. If you require anything further please use ...

open attachments via OWA
Have a curious situation. A user is complaining of cannot open attachments via OWA. That's through our company Exchange server (Exchange 2003). Now, on the very *same* laptop she is using, she can get attachments from another company's OWA. Very strange. What is the normal cause of this issue? What attachment types can't see access? (e.g. doc, mdb, exe, com, bat, .etc) The reason that I ask is that OWA under Exchange 2003 can block access to specific attachment types just like Outlook 2003. "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3shlhkFoeg86U1@...

Excel reference
Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in powershell. doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting print areas, centering columns etc... Saw your old post. Not sure if this will help google Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.ApplicationClass or $a = New-Object -comobject Excel.Application $a|get-method "Chris" wrote: > Does anyone know a good reference for the excel functions/methods in > powershell. > > doing the more advance stuff in excel through powershell. Setting > print areas, cent...

Macro in Word2007 open another program?
can I use a macro in Word2007 to open and access another program? Yes. But exactly how, depends upon what that program is. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/OfficeInterdev.htm and particularly See the article "Control Excel from Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/ControlXLFromWord.htm or the article "Control Outlook from Word” at: http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/ControlOLFromWord.htm Then there is also the Shell command in VBA. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consu...

Technical error

Can't move items to PST file
Ever see a message when moving an email (with attachment) from your In Box to a subfolder in a Personal Folder (pst) that Outlook "Can't move the items. The item could not be moved. It was already moved or deleted, or access was denied." Thanks for any help you can provide! Greg PS. We don't have any mailbox limits set on the network. What is the overall size of the .PST file and how many items are in the folder you're trying to move the item to? Also, what version of Outlook are you using? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address ...

CObject Private method access error