Entering Numbers in to cells

Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter
number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10

Check out Data Validation in XL Help (one topic: About setting
restrictions on cells and displaying input and error messages)

In article <Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 Binkx <<Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter a
> number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10.
0
jemcgimpsey1 (104)
1/28/2004 5:58:22 PM
data>validation>whole number, between 0 and 10

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Binkx >" <<Binkx.10r6hm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to get Excel to warn you if you/not allow you to enter a
> number into a cell that is smaller than 0 or greater than 10.
>

> ---

terre08 (1112)

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Format cells for hexadecimal numbers
How do I format cells so I can enter numbers directly in hex format. I will then operate on them and also convert to binary or decimal using the hex2bin function. Text -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 dont forget excel only can do math on decimal numbers. you can put A in a cell but excel not see it as 10, just a text. every hex or bin number must be convert to dec to do math. "Ricsastir" <Ricsastir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10E72290-7D7F-4C34-B2EF-C72686BC2CE1@microsoft.com... | How do I format cells so I can enter numbers dir...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Unique lot numbers
We have switched from using serial numbers to lot numbers on a number of our products, as we must track additional data with each item. The only problem that we (i.e. I) didn't forsee was that you can have multiple identical lot numbers. I know this is obvious, but it just didn't click. Otherwise lot numbers makes perfect sense for us. Can I make the lot # field a primary key, or otherwise restrict it to unique entries? The way we're set up, we dont have any items that would require duplicate lot numbers, nor would we. Thanks for any thoughts. GP 9.0, SQL Server 2000. ...

Excel 2002
Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? If the entries truly are numbers, and assuming they are 10 digit numbers, then you need to use one criteria of >=2307450000 and another of <=2307459999 "Mike Faulkner" wrote: > Hello. I am having problems filtering out phone numbers starting with 230745* > in a column. I can filter out text but not numbers. Any ideas? I found this solution: Autofilter doesn't work with digits as if they were other characters (e.g. l...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Auto Protecting cells & auto filling date
I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells after data has been entered? Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data into. What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected area automatically. Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate one cell with a date when another is filled? Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into colum...

How do I count a range of numbers in a column
I am really stumped. I have a column of numbers that refer to locations on the body and I need to count how many of these locations are on the face. There are about 100 different numbered locations and I have 748 cells with numbers in them. I need to count how many cells contain the numbers 1-5, 10-13, 60-69, 70-79, or 80-89. I can't seem to figure out how to get excel formulas to let me count the range of numbers. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated!!! -sophia try this. Just continue to add conditions. the + means AND. Name your range as I have done. =SUMPRODUCT((rn...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

phone number displayed in case activities.
When ever I make a Case and then an activity it does not display the phone number in the phone number section of the activity. I put all phone numbers under business phone when entering customer data I the info screen. Unfortunately, this behavior is by design... you will have to write some custom code to handle this mapping yourself. Aaron Elder Director, Software Development invokesystems solid technology. sound thinking. http://www.invokesystems.com "fthoren" <fthoren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B999C07E-3039-4FE3-9B96-B367716CB766@microsoft.com...

Open to Same Cell Each Time
Hi Is there anyway of getting a workbook to open up to the same cell or worksheet each time, regardless of where it was saved when it was last closed? Thanks Jennie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jennie, In the workbook open event add code to activate a worksheet and cell. As an example Private Sub Workbook_Open() Worksheets("Sheet1").Activate Range("A1").Select End Sub This code should be put in the ThisWorkbook code...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

duplicate voucher number the same payment number exist
Two different transaction but same payment number. One is already posted that's why the error appeared duplicate keys every time i posted the other transaction. Why is it that there is a duplicate number since the transaction made in different time although same day! I saw it in pm10300. i need to post the other transaction but i cannot post because of that posted payment number exist. What can i do? any body can help me regarding this matter. thank you! magar I would delete the payment and redo the task. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MC...

count number of cells
What is the formula to count the number of cells that start with a particular character? What I really want to do is count how the number of cells in a column that start with a through e. I have tried several things but can't quite come up with the magic formula. thanks for your help. =COUNTIF(A1:A20,"A*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"B*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"C*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"D*")+COUNTIF(A1:A20,"E*") -- David Biddulph "tagout" <tagout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2B624B5C-E73A-4481-A3E7-C9207F72DAB...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

"#VALUE!" Cell Value
Some of my cells are turning up the value "#VALUE!" in the cells. I have duplicated the problem that I am having. A test worksheet. I am using data in one work sheet, but, two table areas. The second table is reliant of some data from the first table. The intersecting result in the first table turns currency amounts, which is what I want. When data from the first table is left blank the intersecting data in the second table turns up "#VALUE!". This of course is an ambiguous result that does not have a purposed result. If you feel you are able to assist with...

sorting numbers with hyphens in excel
I am trying to sort a list of numbers, some of which contain hyphens. For example I want to sort "65,66,66-1,67-1,68,69". Excel sorts it out as "65,66,68,69,66-1,67-1". What I want it to give me is "65,66,66-1,67-1,68,69". Any ideas on how to do this in a simple manner? I have had some ideas thrown at me but they are all rather involved and I would like to be able to sort in this manner often. Thanks. First, convert all your data to text. Various ways of doing this, a quick way is to use the formula: =TEXT(A1,"@") and then do a copy...

Average non-adjacent cells if the cell does not contain zero
I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to average the data in the cells only if the cell does not contain a zero. How would I do this? Your help is greatly appreciated!!! Cheri Hello - This formula will work, assume your values are in the range A1:A1000: =AVERAGE(IF(A1:A1000<>0,A1:A1000,"")) This is an array formula so enter it in using ctrl+shift+enter. -- Regards, Dave "Cheri" wrote: > I have a spread sheet with data in non-adjacent cells. I would like to > average the data in the cells only if the cell does not co...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

put numbers back on a calendar template after removing shading?
O n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the calendar the numbers are removed also. It won't let me put them back. When I use "no fill" it removes the numbers too. Exactly what template are you using? What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dfarnelli" <dfarnelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:162D36F1-E593-4EB2-B0A2-F769CBE0C1C0@microsoft.com... > O > n the Event Schedule Planner template, when I remove shading from the...

Reformatting numbers
I received a worksheet with numbers derived from formulas in the cells. I converted the formulas to values so I was left with only the results of the formula. However, the numbers have about eight digits after the decimal point. How do you eliminate all decimal places after the first two? I'm using an old 1997 Excel version. You could have used the ROUND function before you converted it but since it is already converted one way would be to do format>cells>number>number and set it to 2 decimals, then tools>options>calculation and check precision as displayed, click O...