entering a date into cell and get ## symbols

i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even when
i print it shown "##" and no date why?
0
Steve3367 (861)

Make the cell wider

--
Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

>i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even
>when
> i print it shown "##" and no date why?

0
terre081 (3244)
2/9/2006 4:21:30 AM
Steve wrote:
> i am entering a date value into a cell and i that it shows is "##" Even when
> i print it shown "##" and no date why?

Normally the # character shows up when the column is not wide enough to
display a date or number.  Try widening the column to see if you can see
the date, you might need to choose a different date format that takes up
less space.

George
0
bytesmee (15)

how to get all mails in box x that I have replied to
As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of cross box checking? In news:1122886037.540223.144100@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, pantagruel <bry@itnisk.com> typed: > As the subject says, I would like to get ahold of all mails in a > selected box that I have replied to. how does one do that kind of > cross box checking? Not sure what you mean by box - can you elaborate. Also, when you post in here, always include your version, SP level, and mode (if applicable) of Outlook - you can find th...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Cell format newbie query
I have a worksheet where all the cells in a column are formatted as text but there are numbers entered in the column. Changing the format of the column, or even any individual cell, to number, does not remove the triangle in the cell top left corner. What should I be doing to fix the situation? Thanks Brian Tozer Hi Brian! One quick way: Select a blank cell Copy Select the range with data in it Edit > Paste Special Add OK You'll note that this converts the format of the selected range to General -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Exc...

Year to Date subquery
HI I would like assistance with creating a year to date subquery. I tried to copy the MS help example but still can't get the query to run. I have the following: Table name Orders Field Names- [ID] ( system generated primary key) , [OrdersDate], [Quantity], [UnitPrice] Query SQL - SELECT Year([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheYear, Month([Orders].[OrderDate]) AS TheMonth, Sum([Orders].[Quantity]*[Orders].[UnitPrice]) AS MonthAmount, (SELECT Sum(dupe.Quantity * dupe.UnitPrice) AS YTD FROM Orders AS A INNER JOIN [Orders] AS dupe ON orde...

Dates in Custom Fields
Hi, I have an end user who has created some custom date fields in a contact form. This is all good. However, if the user types in Jan 07 as a date it always saves as Jan 08. If she enters Jan 2007 then all is good. I know this is the end user being a little lazy but is there a way to change the way dates are saved to suit my end user? Thanks, Joe outlook (like excel) reads jan 07 as 1/7 current year. I know of no way to change the behavior in outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.out...

I lost the cell view just below my toolbar.
I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what is being typed into the cell I'm working in. Joyce, click View, and tick Formula bar Joyce from SJ Wrote: > I want to restore the window view just below my toolbar that shows what > is > being typed into the cell I'm working in. -- Bryan Hessey ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21059 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=473275 On the m...

Outlook: I keep getting MS Word appearing interrupting work
Hi, Have installed outlook 2007 standard, all ok. Except, Outlook uses MS Word as it's email editor, which I like. But there appears on my system a MS Word 'frame' which seriously gets in the way of working. sometimes it appears behind outlook and blocks the background, sometimes it i selected instead of outlook and so I cannot select anything in outlook without re-focussing on outlook. It's highly annoying. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? I still want to use word as my email editor, but don't want the ghost frame that it creates...... Thanks. Hugh. Outl...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

starting a cell with a /
Is it possible to do this? I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix starts with a forward slash. I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. Thanks in advance, Hi try '/ the apostrophe won't display or print Cheers JulieD "G. Mule" <none@nev.dull> wrote in message news:q2aig012f99ms2o0sbbkckp8jlg3f88t4j@4ax.com... > Is it possible to do this? > > I want one of my columns to contain a directory name, which in unix > starts with a forward slash. > > I can put a space in front of it, but I'd rather not. ...

getting consolidate list of "follow up" items
Dear All, I would like to get a consolidated list of items (sent and received mails)that have matured - i.e. whose follow up time is up. I have the habit of tagging a sent mail (after actually sending) for follow up. Similarly, mails received are also tagged for my further action (for follow up). Would appreciate a consolidated follow up report generation way - rather that opening each folder and looking for mature items (i.e. red). Thanks in advance. Sanjay ...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

date +7
I have today's date in cell A1. IS there a way to get cell B1 to show the following week's date? One way: Dates in XL are just integer offsets from a base date, so use the + operator: B1: =A1+7 Format B1 as a date. In article <C108D314-2BED-40A9-B192-236358091660@microsoft.com>, Marlis <Marlis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have today's date in cell A1. IS there a way to get cell B1 to show the > following week's date? =A1+7 should do it. Regards Rowan "Marlis" wrote: > I have today's date in cell A1. IS there a way...

Money 2006 date format
Hi, I have bank accounts in the UK and in the US, and am trying to set up Money 2006 Deluxe to allow importing of statements from both countries. The UK banks use dd/mm/yyyy date format in their OFX files. The US banks use mm/dd/yyyy. Money seems only to handle one format - the one that the PC is set to use. As my PC is set to use US date format, the statement from my UK bank gets entered incorrectly (day and month get transversed). Ideally there should be a setting for each account to specify the date format that the bank uses, but according to Microsoft support there is not. Does anyo...

Shortcut for wrap text or vertical center in cell
Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data vertically in a cell? Have you considered assigning a short macro to the KB combination of i.e. <Ctrl>+<Shift>+W? Dennis "webbuzzard" wrote: > Is there a keyboard shortcut for wrap text? how about centering data > vertically in a cell? Buzz, Looking in Help for formatting shorcuts yielded nothing. You can roll your own, using the underlines. For wrap text, it's a bit long. Alt-o, e, a, Alt-w, Enter. For vertical centering, Alt-o, e, a, Alt-V, c, Enter. Or you could record a ma...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

timechart date question
Is there a way to make historical timecharts in Visio? There seems to be a limit to how far back Visio will go back? I need to chart dates 2000 - 4000 years ago and Visio seems to be limited to 1700 or 1800 onwards. Is there an option or setting to get around this? Thanks! Andrew Jones In fact, Visio is limited to Jan 1, 1900 or later. That is "0" in the date format used by Windows. You'll have to draw them "by hand"...or try to map past dates to future ones and be creative with labeling. -- Lori Pearce Longhorn SDK "Andrew Jones" <andrewmjones@hot...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Time and Date increment
Hi I have a date and time field (which I have formatted as dd/mm/yy hh.mm) 16/07/04 09:30 I would like to add (incrementally) an hour on to the time each day, so the first few days will be: 17/07/04 10:30 18/07/04 12:30 19/07/04 15:30 I have tried right-clicking and using the "series" function, but when I go into the "series" option I am not sure what to do. I have chosen the options step value = 1 and "growth" but it only updates the Day (dd) by one day. I can't get it to update the Hour (hh) by one hour each day. Any ideas anyone? Hi You need to ad...

keep getting error message when sending mail.
I've been using outlook express version 6.0 for awhile now..the other day, for some reason or another I started getting an error message whenever I send email. I receive just fine. I go into setup,and everything is correct as far as the internet mail addresses and such...like I said, everything has worked fine now for several months, and suddenly this message keeps occuring...maybe somebody can explain to me what it means, and where I can look to correct it...below is the message that I continue to receive.. The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejec...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

Auto Protecting cells & auto filling date
I wonder if anyone can tell me if it is possible to auto proect cells after data has been entered? Basically I have a spreadsheet that has two levels of protection - some cells are password protected and others available for all to enter data into. What I would like to achieve is once data has been entered into a row in the editable area that row becomes part of the password protected area automatically. Also is it possible to use the NOW (or similar) function to populate one cell with a date when another is filled? Ie a log entry is made in column B. When some data is entered into colum...

"OWA was unable to get to your inbox" after moving mailbox to ES2K
We are upgrading ES5.5 to ES2K with a new server. After moving mailbox from ES5.5 to the ES2K server, the mailbox shows the correct new home server in the Global Catalog in Exch Admin 5.5, but when users try to login to our OWA 5.5 they get the message "OWA was unable to get to your inbox". We are moving mailboxes incrementally to reduce impact on production, but users will still need to access OWA while the migration is in progress. Do we need to set up a second OWA instance, or is there a way to tell OWA 5.5 where to look for the mailbox on the ES2K server? the users that have be...