Email from Excel

Hi.  Can someone please tell me how I can set up emailing function in Excel?
I use Excel 97 and Win XP.  I used to be able to go to File, then Send To,
then Mail Recipient and it would open up my "New Mail" window from the email
client that I use which is IncrediMail and it would automatically attach my
spreadsheet for mailing.  All I had to do then was type in the email address
of the recipient.  I reformatted my computer this weekend and now when I go
to File, Send To, Mail Recipient all I get is a box open up that says "Choose
Profile" that in the drop-down field will either have Microsoft Exchange
(whatever that is) or Microsoft Outlook.  How can I get Excel to recognize my
email client again?  There must be an easier way to do this besides using
add-ins, etc.  Would it make a difference in the order in which I installed
the software, i.e. IncrediMail first, then Office or vice versa.  Help
please....

Desperate
0
Glenda (16)

How do I create a query field in Excel
I have a sheet with 9000 part numbers on it. Is there a way of say at the top of the sheet having some sort of search box, so I can type in the part# and it goes straight to that part? Thanks Hi, Method1: Using the Filter feature. -select a cell in the data -goto menu Data>Filter>AutoFilter - now your data header has dopdown boxes. From the part# header select the part#. This will make all show only rows with this part# Method2: -Select column Part# - menu Edit >Find Method 3: with code - In a code module, paste the following sub FindAndGo Also change the 'CHANGE HERE...

Can Recieve email but cannot send out
For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet connection, and can receive emails. I have tried disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any suggestions? are you getting any kind of error back? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cc5901c43909$3916a210$a301280a@phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003, cannot send out. Have internet > connection, and can receive emails. I have tried > disabling firewall and Norton, but no luck. Any > suggestions? "Mark Sanford" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

excel formula needed
I need a formula to 1) look in colunm a, gather any numbers present in that colunm, even though most wil be empty 2) then i want them to take that list, get rid of the empty cells and put that data either into a new table or on another sheet. thanks. Sounds like a sort would work. If you want a function, try this: =IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTA(A1:A20),INDEX(A1:A20,SMALL(IF(A1:A20<>"",ROW(A1:A20)-MIN(ROW(A1:A20))+1),ROWS($1:1))),"") Enter with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not just enter... HTH, Ryan--- -- Ryan--- If this information was helpful, please indica...

HELP: Lost all my old emails
Hello, First there was the power failure. Then there was Windows XP recovery program (that ran automatically). Now, my desktop is blown away and all my Outlook emails and contacts are gone. Could these files be lurking in some obscure directory? Don't say search for dbx files. My computer doesn't have any. I'm running Windows XP media edition. Regards and thanks. do a search for pst files. or you can try .pab files for your personal address book. If those arent there.. You might be screwed! I save my pst files on my server where they are backed up.. for just this re...

Excel Date Problem
A client has a spreadsheet which was sent from the US, and therefore a column of date entries are in the format of US type ie: 02/30/05 ie 30th feb 2005 I want these to be changed to the UK version ie: 30/02/05 However as regional settings are set to UK, Excel does not recognize 02/30/05 as a date in the first place, and does not convert it to a UK format accordingly. Also, despite formatting the column for date it still does not work. I tried switching to a US locale, hoping that Excel would then recognize 02/30/05 as a date, and then back to UK again but this did not work. He has seve...

outlook email questionaire
I want to send an email to clients that has a questionaire on it with text answers. I want them to be able to answer the questions and then click a button at the bottom of the page that will send it directly to my email without them having to enter my address. How do I do this? Well, i's possible to do what you want (mail a form to someone that's editable on the receiving end and runs code to send mail when done) but is not easy. Check out www. outlookcode.com for some ideas on how to approach this. If you are not using an exchange server, I'd recommend using Form Regions...

Email
I have created a simple Access database that our HR department will use to input demographic information on a new employee, as well as what software, access, etc. a new employee will need. Again, it is VERY simple, but what I can't figure out is how to create a button that the HR staff can click on and the file, with all the information, is emailed to our IS department. Can this be done? You can setup a report to based on your current record and email it using SendObject or using Outlook automation. This does require a minimal amount of VBA programming in either case. If you sear...

Can't forward to an external email address...
We have a user that uses his external AOL account as well as his company email account. He has asked me to forward all company mail to his external AOL account. I figured I'd be able to just go into the delivery options on the "Exchange General" tab for his user profile and forward to the appropriate address. However, you cannot enter just any address in there, it forces you to select an address from the directory - of course his AOL address is not there. Is there an easy way to forward all mail from his internal account to an external account? I tried creating a rule on his Out...

email addresses in memory
An outlook 2003 user states that when sending out an email and when they type in a letter in the "to" area the email addresses that were in memory when you type a letter or name are gone. They said they didn't do anything different. The addresses are in the contact list but there is nothing in memory so you have to type the whole address in. Is this possible or can address in memory be deleted or removed? They are stored in the *.nk2 file located in Docs&Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (by default) You dont have to type the address in, just click the &...

Unlinking tracked emails in CRM 3.0
I find that once an email is linked to/tracked by CRM (Customer, Client, Activity) it can't be unlinked! only deleted. For example; A client uses an old CRM generated email containing the tracking token to ask about a new problem. CRM automatically tracks the new email to the old CRM case and I can't untrack it to link it to a new case. Any information would be helpful... Hi, Check out "How to "untrack" Microsoft CRM Outlook e-mails" on following blog http://blog.sonomapartners.com/ -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for ou...

Excel 2007
Excel 2007/Vista Business I've had problems I've seen documented (but but resolved) elsewhere, with Excel crashing on the execution of ActiveWorkbook.Close False. 'Cured' that with Application.Quit (not ideal), but now, after Excel closes, the VBA Project password input box is displayed. It takes 3 clicks on Cancel to dismiss it. If I unprotect the VBA Project, Excel closes silently, as I would expect. My code is a bit complex to post here, but the ThisWorkbook module code no longer includes Workbook_BeforeClose procedure, in case you're wondering. Anyo...

Korean email
I can type and send Korean characters in emails but cannot receive them in Outlook 2003. Any help? ...

outlook express outgoing email disappears
I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and with different addressees when I send an email it is received by the addressee ok but it is not in my sent items folder so I have no record of it! It does not happen every time -- perhaps about 1 in 6. I'M probably overlooking the obvious. Suggestions welcome. i suggest the outlook express newsgroup -Gary "Sean Dunne" <dunnes@iol.ie> wrote in message news:128d001c3f72d$d457f8f0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I use Windows98 SE and Outlook Express6. Sometimes and > with different addressees when I send an email it...

Instant search of emails (10,000) fails
Failure of instant search requires reboot befor resolving for search or two and again fails ...

Excel 2003 #29
I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w/ 2 decimal places// when print they have 15 decimal places // I've tried standard formatting Number & Accounting and they also print 15 decimal places when formatted for 2 decimal places // how can this be corrected so when cell formatted for 2 decimal places it will print 2 decimal places ? This is not standard excel behavior. Are you sure you changed the number format? Any chance you have some kind of macro that changes the numberformat before you print? Martins wrote: > > I have calculated cells formatted for Currency w...

How do I Full screen an Email???
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body Craig <cb3_3@hotmail.com> wrote: > I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in > a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like > I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in > Word or Excel & us...

Emails not leaving outbox
Hi all - I am having what seems to be a common problem, but all of the suggested fixes I found did not work. I have set up SQLServer to use MAPI to email notifications. I have Outlook 2000 installed and configured and working. The SQLServer notifications part isworking too. The only thing I can't figure out is the emails never leave the outbox until I start Outlook and click Send/Receive. Then they are all sent fine. I read some articles mentioning MAPISP32, which appears to be the culprit. From what I see it's supposed to spool emails that are in the Outlook outbox. I found after I ...

Missing text in email
I recently installed Exchange 2003. From time to time when my users send email outside the company there messages are missing text upon arrival. The text missing could be two sentences at the end of a paragraph and the next one starts okay, or it could be a very words missing here and that. Any ideas of this Michelle P. Michelle: I know you have probably thought about this already, but do you have any type of content inspection system installed on your Exchange server? Or anything installed that stamps a message disclaimer on the message. Is the message changed by the clien...

email forwarding to my other email
I have two email accounts. One I use for work and the other for personal. For some reason, my personal email is being forwarded to my work email. I don't know why and how do I stop it....? Are these POP3 accounts? Has it ever worked? Are they separate accounts, or addresses that are aliases for the same Inbox? Does your personal e-mail show in both places, or is it going to your work only? Any rules set up in WinMail, or on the server's Website? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "az otr" <az otr@disc...

question about grouping the emails.
Hi, I am signed-up to a discussion group and i get question about a prob and also solutions as a reply. i am grouping the e-mails by subject, For example... subject: "problem with ABCDE" in reply the subject will be "RE: problem with ABCDE" now Outlook2003 is grouping these two into seperate groups and if there is a reply with subject "RE:RE: problem with ABCDE" it groups that seperately. i want to group the replies also into the same group. the reply to the emails are grouped seperately. i want to have an exception in the grouping saying to ignore the word...

Outlook Client
Hi all, In the web client there is an email icon available from the views which allows you to send a direct email to the selected records in the view. Does anyone know if there is any way to call this from the Outlook client. Appreciate it :) cheers Nathan Hi, I'm afraid I can't help you out on this one. But I found that it's not only the icon missing in the Outlook client, but as soon as the Outlook client is active, the icon disappears in the Webclient also. This seems the same issue to me as the settings button disappearing when the Outlook client is active, wh...

Excel 2000 Templates in Excel 2003
Ive just installed office 2003 from office 2000 on my office computer and when i click on "file" and then "new" my list of templates doesnt appear. On the right side of the screen under templates and "on my computer" the templates box appears and displays them all - but if i click on them i cant get them to load Under "options" i have checked the path and under "At startup, open all files in:" the file path is correct. Any idea why i cant open my Templates?? Same here. I think that feature vanished with Office 2002. I don't use xl2003...

Not receiving emails
I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. Pam C wrote: > I have not checked my emails for 1 week. Now when I try > to log in it ask for a user name and password. When I > enter them it states Your servers has unexpectedly > terminated the connections 0x800CCC0F???????????????? > I can send messages but can't receive HELP ANYONE. This is an is...

C++ dll in Excel 97 does not work in Excel 2003
Hi there, I am using a c++ dll in excel 97 and calling dll functions, and it works just fine. Now, When I try to run the same dll/xls file with all VBA code, macros it gives me error right at registering the dll at line Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"",""ef_fv"",""BIBBBBB"")": Sub Auto_open() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.DisplayFullScreen = True AddIns("Analysis Toolpak").Installed = True Range("1!A1") = "=REGISTER.ID(""Black"&quo...

excel to have more than 350 columns
Is there a way to have more than 350 columns without hacing to create new worksheet? Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "melawaisi" <melawaisi.um4py@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:melawaisi.um4py@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is there a way to have more than 350 columns without hacing to create > new worksheet? > > Thanks No. The limit is 256 columns on each worksheet. ...