Editing e-mail address brings up Outlook in Excel cell

WindowsXP
Excel 2003

A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I
clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail
message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field.

Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but
this did not help.

Thank you.

0
dkajfd (10)

You have to remove the underlying hyperlinks.
http://www.officearticles.com/excel/remove_hyperlinks_in_microsoft_excel.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"HT" <dkajfd@dkafjd.com> wrote in message
> WindowsXP
> Excel 2003
>
> A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I
> clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new
> mail
> message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field.
>
> Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but
> this did not help.
>
> Thank you.

0
ng1 (1444)
9/22/2005 6:45:15 PM
This will only work one cell at a time, I think, but you can right-click the
address, Highlight Hyperlink, then select Remove Hyperlink.

"HT" wrote:

> WindowsXP
> Excel 2003
>
> A user received an Excel spreadsheet of name and e-mail addresses. When I
> clicked in the cell that contained the e-mail address it launched a new mail
> message in Outlook with the e-mail address in the "To:" field.
>
> Is there any way to turn this off..I tried to make the cells all text but
> this did not help.
>
> Thank you.

0
RosM (6)

How to fix the font in Outlook
Hello. Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is seen by the receiver as I send it? (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd also be interested.) Thanks for any input. Kevin (For email, double the two) Kevin Cooke <Kevin.Cooke2@yahoo.co.uk> wrote: > Is there any way to fix the fonts and typeface so that the message is > seen by the receiver as I send it? > > (I'm asking about Outlook but if this can be done for OE as well, I'd > also be interested.) Sending your message in HTML or Rich Text...

Downloaded Transactions not matching correctly, non-downloaded transactions showing up with 'E' status when they shouldn't
I recently did the cure-all of 'Remove all bills data' and I've regularly repaired my file. But I'm still seeing an issue of data not matching, and manually entered transactions mysteriously showing up with 'E' or 'Downloaded' status. Here's what I think is going on: 1) I enter a bill into my register. It shows up un-reconciled. 2) I download a statement from the bank, and this includes a transaction that matches the bill entered in step 1 perfectly (date, amount anyway) 3) I go into the register, and Money has *not* matched the downloaded to the ex...

cell format #11
Hello, Can anyone help? If i export from Access to Excel i can get the cell in Excel to look like this: Joe Bannister 123 Holly Lane Spa England The cell format is general with wrap text. Does anyone know how to do this in Excel without exporting from Access? I've tried wrapping text, different formats etc but nothing works. One thing i did notice is that when i right clicked the cell and chose format cells the content of the cell was the whole text but with square boxes seperating the parts as above. Any help appreciated. Cheers Joe If you're trying to type more than...

Recover from Outlook Beta 2003
I removed the Beta version of outlook 2003. Before I removed it I exported up my mail to a .pst file. When I installed Outlook XP and went to open it, it said it was incompatible..Now I lost all my mail ?? Reinstall the beta, opt to create a new 97-2002 compatible .pst file. Drag and drop items from the new to the old. Then uninstall and you should be able to use the .pst file. BTW, just curious... when you opted to change to the new Unicode format, did you read the warning? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having search...

editting auto recovery

How do I find the Addresses button in Outlook?
I'm missing the Addresses button on the Standard Toolbar? How do I find the button and drag it to the Standard Toolbar? View>toolbars>customize. Go to Tools menu to find Address Book and drag it to the menu bar. "cnfsdrme" wrote: > I'm missing the Addresses button on the Standard Toolbar? How do I find the > button and drag it to the Standard Toolbar? view, toolbar, customize, choose standard bar on the first tab and reset. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickSta...

Excel 2003 11-16-09
Can anyone help me please! I am faced with the dilemma of how to automatically refresh the date as the Sales Engineers update their reports. I entered the formula =today() but it does not reflect the date when their report was really updated? I am to eliminate cheating on their reporting. I truly appreciate any answer to my query. Lilian Wouldn't the file modified date be what you want? Lilian wrote: > Can anyone help me please! I am faced with the dilemma of how to > automatically refresh the date as the Sales Engineers update their reports. I > entered th...

insert a radio button in outlook 2007
Hi, is it possible to insert a Radio button in Outlook, or a drop down menu so that I can send a feedback questionnaire with questions? Thanks Only via custom forms and additional VBA scripts to record their responses in a reply. You'd then need additional programming to easily collect the responses from the replies in order to analyze the results. It might be easier to use a web based questionnaire instead where responses are directly stored within a database. If you still want to do this via email, you might want to take a look at this add-in; http://addins.howto-outl...

Outlook e-mail signature on CRM e-mail
When sending e-mail from a CRM form (contact or account) but also using the Outlook client, e-mails do not receive the user's Outlook signature. Is it possible to set user's signature to outgoing e-mail from CRM as well? I know it can be done on Exchange, but I wonder if there is a setting to enable CRM email receiving the signature (and not using a manual CRM template or installing a third-party add-on). -- CRM consultant Hi Daniel, This is not possible, but it's something our users are reqeusting as well (and in my opinion it's a real bummer that this isn't poss...

Outlook handling sent items
I am using Outlook with Exchange server. One of the mailboxes is called "Info". All users can read the messages in this mailbox and all users can sent messages as "Info". The strange part is that if one user (who has Outlook XP installed) forwards a message from the mailbox Info this sent message is placed in his "Sent Items" folder, as is to be expected. If the other 2 users do the same the message is sent but the message is placed in the Outbox folder, suggesting the message is not sent yet. These 2 users have Outlook 2000 installed. Although the message is actu...

Customize Outlook Today
I had some one ask me to fix their "Customize Outlook Today" as it had stopped working. In Outlook 2000 it is the button near the top right of the page you get by pressing the Outlook Today Icon in the Outlook shortcuts toolbar. After trying for a while, I then tried to see if it worked on My PC... It didn't, and nor did it work on ANY of the half dozen I've tried since. I know it DID work at some time in the past, but some Windows update or IE patch must have broken it. I get the same result with Outlook 2000, SR-1 and SP-3 and both on Windows 98 and Windows XP. An...

Display Knowledge Base object in Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Client
I am trying to display the KB object in CRM according to the following article: http://www.workopia.com/howto/DisplayKnowledgeBaseOutlookClient.htm I found another note to the above link that states there are two entries that needed to be modified and I made them both. But have still had no luck. Does anyone know how to make this work? TIA Larry ...

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

BOM & Edit List

Cell grouping
Hello, This is the problem. I have 5 columns that are in this order, Date Req.#, Requestor, Dept. and notes. I need to know how to arrange th entire row where the departments are grouped together with th corresponding information. The dates are not important as this repor is quarterly; I know how to sort a column by itself but not the entir page. Thanks -- jackel JLatham Wrote: > I should add that usually Excel is smart enough to know that when you > grab > one column of information to sort, and it is contiguous with other > columns > with data in them, to grab them a...

e-connect error after install hotfix
Hi i have security problem with e-connect after install kb902400 on server2003 sp1 if i uninstall kb902400 the module run well. i talk to my MBS about this problem, but he says the problem came from microsoft in e-connect module itself. some one have a work around. thx ...

Outlook 2003 Marked as Read
When I ran Outlook/OfficeXP Pro - as I received email the new mail was highlighted in bold / black and after I scrolled thru it, clicked on it, or opened it, the message un-bolded. I migrated to Office Pro 2003 because Sharepoint is not integrated to XP Office (linked events, etc). Now new mail comes in and the envelope icon appears. I literally have to open it for it to be marked as read. Where is the option to have new mail in bold and marked as read without having to open it or physically click "Marked as read"? I looking for the mail option like I had in all prev...

Mail Merge Empty Lines
How do I mail merge postcards and remove empty lines in the address? ex. Name, Company, address, city, state, zip but some of my addresses don't have company name/ There is a check off in the Print Merge screen *Don't print lines that contain only empty fields.* Do a test from the print screen if you are unsure. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Karena" <Karena@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E9E6815-1468-46BF-9288-2381A08E3BC8@microsoft.com... > How do I mail merge postcards and remove empty lines in the address? ex. > Name, Compa...

Send e-mail to newly created user
I know I can change the Welcome.msg file to customize the Welcome message generated when Outlook is first started. I want this welcome message to be initiated from the server and not the client. I can write a script, looking at the creation date of a user and send it an e-mail and schedule this script. But is there another way to this? Thanx. On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 04:52:02 -0700, Gerdo Lansing <GerdoLansing@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know I can change the Welcome.msg file to customize the Welcome message >generated when Outlook is first started. >I want this welcom...

Location of outlook emails
Hello all, I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into another computer. Can anyone tell me where the email data is kept so I can pull off those old emails? Thanks in advance for your help! Jen search the drive for "*.ost" or "*.pst" "Jen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:263401c427de$a8478960$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I am trying to retreive some messages from my outlook. I > recently had a crash and have slaved my hard drive into &...

How to prevent automatic mail download?
I am using OL2007 in a WinVista environment. Although I have unchecked 'Send immediately when connected' in the Options | MailSetup section, all of a sudden my mail seems to get downloaded on its own, without my having clicked F9 or the Send/Receive button. This strange behaviour started all of a sudden and until then OL was functioning as expected. Any ideas on what may have prompted this and what can be done to fix it? "Blake Kaos" <MGKXLAXBUSTL@spammotel.com> wrote in message news:uMNu08iKJHA.1308@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I am using OL2007 in a WinVista...