editing a drop down #2

that's not one of my choices.

--
kateweb
kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931

what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any
value"?

if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look
at it

cheers
JulieD

"kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> that's not one of my choices.
>

> --
> kateweb
> kateweb's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Connection to Exchange Server #2
After installing Outlook 2003 on a WIN2000 machine with SP4 I cannot connect to the exchange server (2003). I have done 7 machines (all WIN 2000) and they work, the 8th machine keeps giving me "The action could not be completed. The connection to the mIcrosoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". I have no TCP/IP problems. Can ping the server by IP and Name. Any help would be appreciated. Charles What authentication do you have set for this one machine? Does creating a new mail profile fix it? --� Milly Staples ...

AutoFit #2
Hi When I use the AutoFit function in my VB Application, to format a Excelsheet the numbers in the column formats. From being 230,1 to 230,144444444. Why? Thanks in advance /Sara My guess is your number is really 230,144444444. You could format the number to show fewer decimals or even use a worksheet function to round it. =round(a1,3) for example. But if your cell is formatted as General and you have that number in it, then if you shrink the columnwidth, excel will adjust the display (but not the underlying value). Widen it using autofit (manually or in code) will show all the digits....

Custom footer #2
Is there a way to print page numbers in footer on worksheets within a workbook? For example, instead of printing Page 2 of 21 (the entire workbook), I want it to print Page 2 of 2(the worksheet). How can I do this without printing each sheet separately? The entire workbook needs to be printed. ...

xl 2007 how to validate that cell 1 invalid if cell 2 not blank
microsoft office 2007 xl - how do you validate a cell such that you cannot enter a value in cell 1 if a value has been entered in cell 2? ...

splash screen #2
I am using a introductory splash screen for my application. It uses a timer to show the splash and it disappears after 3 seconds. However, I want it to synchronize with the application so that it spends as much time on the screen as it needs to. For example, if the application loads in 5 seconds on a slower computer, it should stay visible for exactly 5 seconds. How can this be done? Currently, I am using this splash screen from codeproject: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/dialogspl.asp Thanks. Jess On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 03:05:47 GMT, "Jessica Weiner" <jessica@gmail.co...

help with outlook 2003 #2
I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. How can I do that. I have Win XP. Probably because both users have seperate OS-level user profiles. See if the info here helps in getting the two users to share their Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm "Glo" <Glo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D38467-7284-40E1-B7C3-B161FE4FAEE3@microsoft.com... >I can't view the same in box if I am logged in as Admin. versus home user. > How can I do that. I have Win XP. ...

Sending/Receiving #2
I just installed Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 on my computer and trying to set up Outlook. When I tested the settings, it said everything was fine. Yet, when I hit send/receive, I get the message, "The Operation Failed. An object could not be found." I don't understand this and tried looking at the microsoft website and find nothing about this. When I tried to send an individual email, it says that it failed because I didn't have enough memory. When I ran a memory diagnostics test, it said everything was fine. I have been running Windows Mail on the computer...

Stuck in outbox #2
whenever i send an email outside of outlook (whether it be from internet explorer or forwarding an email from an open folder) the email does not send automatically, it just sits in outlook outbox. i always have to physically open up outlook to release the email. this is very anoying and never happened with outlook express. before, it just sent automatically. thanks ...

Outlook 2003 Shuts down #2
My Outlook 2003 immediately shuts down when launched. If you reboot. Sometimes it will work again just fine. Ideas?? Did it ever work? What happened just before it stopped working? Does a Detect and Repair fix the problem? Will it start in Safe mode (Start->run->outlook.exe /safe) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Paul asked: | My Outlook ...

Outlook 2000 SP3
1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change in forwarded text? 2. Can I turn this off? Try again please. I'm sure there is a question in here somewhere. Provide sufficient detail for us to discern what it might be. Please keep in mind that we can't read your mind. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ddddd" <ddddd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6041BFB2-A0DE-49DB-8FD4-009C8D02DDB9@microsoft.com... > 1. How to correct spelling of name left in brackets to indicate change > in > forwarded text? > 2. Can I t...

Chart titles #2
Please can anyone help me with a couple of questions I have about am Excel XP spreadsheet I have devised to pass out to other people. 1. I have a graphic on the spreadsheet which I want to make 'delete proof' I have used cell protection and a pass work to protect the sheet, but the graphic is still removeable, is there a cure for this? 2. On the sheet is a graph, the graph itself needs to be protected, but the titles could do with being editable, or linkable to another cell (in a seperate data sheet) that the user could edit to change the titles. I'm not a stranger to VBA, ...

Not enough system resources to display completely #2
I get the notification "Not enough system resources to display completely" whenever I try to open a fairly large (4MBytes) and complex (tons of formulaes)Excel file. The file is opened but the display is garbled. I have created this file over a period of time myself, so now suddenly why am I unable to open it. I tracked the memory usage around the time I get this error and it was at around 58 MBytes. I am using Excel 2003, which is supposed to have a per instance limit of 1GBytes. I have a lot of critical data in there which I do not want to loose. What should I do? Do al...

Drop Down Hyoerlink
I have a Excel sheet that is seven to eight pages long... with several different headings and related Data under each one of them. Is it possible to hyperlink each heading in the drop down menu without actually changing the sheets format so that when i select a certain heading in the drop down menu it takes me directly to that part of the sheet. Note:- I have already got a place for my Drop down menu other than that i can't really change my format for the file. The dropdown can't hold a hyperlink, but there may be some workarounds. What version of excel are you using? And how...

Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal-"Item is using the Average...
Hi, On the "Edit PO Status Cost Variance Journal", in the heading of the report it prints the message "**** Item is using the Average Perpetual valuation method...". Is this just a generic legend that prints, all of the items are set to "FIFO perpetual"? Also, the message "*No GL adjustment made to Cost of Goods Sold/Inventory", what is the condition that would cause the adjustments? Thanks, Glen ...

Getpivotdata Function #2
Good Afternoon - Can anyone help with a question regarding the "GETPIVOTDATA" function. I would like to use the function in some 700 cells. However, as you can see in the example below, I would have to manually change the values for both Year and County in each cell. That's not an option. Is there a better way? Very best, Mike =GETPIVOTDATA("PreTP",'Source Population Data'!$A$3,"Year", 2000,"COUNTY","Adams") On Aug 11, 5:39=A0am, Takeadoe <mtonkov...@msn.com> wrote: > Good Afternoon - Can anyone help with a question ...

RMS 2.0 Store Op with embedded cc software support modem failover
We would like to see RMS 2.0 Store Ops with embedded credit card software support a modem fallover capability. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f4e8e1d1-ea5a...

Latest Money 2005 update #2
Since money downloaded and installed the latest update my "My Money" file has been corrupted. Now when Money starts, entries in my accounts are duplicated and/or in triplicate. I had a back up saved of "My Money" which i reverted to, but when opened in Money a conversion process was gone through and the same happened. I uninstalled money, reinstalled it, got the latest updates again (no choice) and the same thing happens. My current account is showing -£19k. Any one else have this?? Have answered my own problem. When Money was syncronising with money on the web i...

Jetstress report generation error #2
Hi, I am running jetstress for the performance benchmarking activity. The test runs successfully but at the end fails to generate the report. The html files shows report generation error as "Process failed to create the test report. Error: Index was outside the bounds of the array". Please find the log file below 12/27/2005 12:14:13 PM -- Environment validation results: Detected JetstressUI version: 6.5.7720.0 Detected operating system: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 (5.2.3790.0) Service Pack 1 Detected ESE.dll version: 6.5.6944.0 Detected ESEPERF.dll version: 6.5.6944.0 12/27/20...

linking 2 images tables to one master
Hello I am trying to link 2 image tables into one master. I had to break up my master image table, apparently I exceeded the 2 gig limit. Now, I have 2 image tables 1 gig a piece. the table that I want to link to has 500 records. Unique ID 1-500 , I broke my image tables into 1-250 and 251-500 as there Unique ID. I can't seem to link both tables to the master. In attempting to create a relationship, I either get the "1-250 table" linked or the other, but not both. can anyone help? thank you! thank you! You can relate your master table to two separate image table...

Exchange 2003 and GroupWise 5.2 Directory Synchronization
I have an Exchange 2003 Server Org. and a series of Novell GroupWise 5.2 PO's. I am performing a GroupWise to Exchange migration, however I am unable to get directory synchronization to work. I've installed the API gateway and have named the GW external foreign domain Exchange. I can pass messages back and forth through the connector, however I am unable to get the Exchange contacts to populate into the GroupWise address book. I've bumped up logging on the Exchange side and I do see the contacts being exported to and imported from Groupwise, however they never show up on Groupw...

Comparing 2 xml docs
Is there an easy way to compare 2 xml documents in order to see if they are identical ? Rob wrote: > Is there an easy way to compare 2 xml documents in order to see if they are > identical ? The XML diff tool might help you, it is listed on this MSDN page: <http://msdn.microsoft.com/XML/XMLDownloads/default.aspx> -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ Thanks Martin, My question should have been more precise... I would like to compare the content as well... Any other ideas ? "Martin Honnen" <mahotrash@yahoo.de> wrote in message...

Duplicate companies listed in company select drop-down
Greetings, When I go to select a company from the drop-down list, a company is in there twice. Both entries take me into the correct company. This occurred after I removed some companies manually from the Dynamics database. Details: I inherited a SQL server with GP 9.0 installed. I've been going throug the setup and found several companies that no longer were in use but were still in the system. When I tried to delete them I got an error to the effect 'go see your SQL admin'. Well that's me so I looked around and found that the databases had been deleted from the...

help with percent #2
thanks i will try what you suggested and let you know if it works for m -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26245 ...

Posting of Drop Ship Orders
We're creating Drop Ship PO's in order to select a Customer ID and the customer's Ship To Address. Once we know these items have been shipped to the customer, we create and post a SOP Invoice (using the drop-ship checkbox). However, sometimes the vendor takes quite a while to send their A/P invoice - it may not be until the next month. We need to get this Cost of Sale to post to G/L in the same month as the sale posting. If Drop-Ship PO's had a separate Receiving transaction, that wouldn't be a problem. Does anybody have a work-around for the G/L posting issue?...

Testing 1-2-3