editing a drop down #2

that's not one of my choices.

--
kateweb
kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931

what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any
value"?

if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look
at it

cheers
JulieD

"kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> that's not one of my choices.
>

> --
> kateweb
> kateweb's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931

0
JulieD1 (2295)

Smileys #2
Hi all, Is is possible to find the ASCII characters in excel for a perticular character? I mean to say that, I need to insert a smiley in excel. I need this :) and :( in excel. If I need a happy smiley, I can as well use ALT+1. But if I need a sad one, I am not able to find it. Is there any combination of characters which can give me that. Thanks in advance, Praveen -- praveen_khm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ praveen_khm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30364 View this thread: http://www.excelfo...

spelling #2
the spelling tab is missing on my outlook 6.0! please advise ...

System Mailbox #2
My companies Exchange 2003 server has a System Mailbox that has 300+ messgaes in it. How do you read these messgaes? Thanks Dave On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:44:51 -0700, Dave wrote: > My companies Exchange 2003 server has a System Mailbox > that has 300+ messgaes in it. How do you read these > messgaes? Normally you shouldn't worry about the content in the System Mailbox, unless PSS told you to. But below MS KB provides the information: 253784 - XADM: How to Log On to the System Mailbox on Exchange 2000 Server: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=253784 -- Regards Henrik Wa...

RPC over HTTP problem #2
I have configured an Outlook 2003 client to use RPC over HTTP over the internet (DSL) with an Exchange mailbox that is over 15 GB in size. When I tested out the connection with a much smaller test mailbox, Outlook launched fine. When I tried to open the very large mailbox, the Outlook client tried several times to connect, but failed. When I then tried to reconnect to my smaller test mailbox, that failed as well. Thinking that something had happened at the server, I went to another machine, I was able to successfully connect the smaller test mailbox. Does anyone know what is happening?...

After Update = EmployeeID.column(2)
I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name field when the EmployeeID is selected. Thank you Frank How is the employee id selected? -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Frank" wrote: > I have one field called EmployeeID and I show three columns, (EmployeeID, > Last_Name, and First_Name) from a linked table. > I would like to auto fill the Employee_last_name in my Employee_Last_Name > field when the EmployeeID i...

Message Queues #2
I want to implement some sort of message queue. I have a client application and a server application. The server communicates with radio modems and can only communicate through a serial link. The client application has to be able to send commands to the server and the server must then send these commands down the serial link. The server must be able to queue up the messages and then send each one down one at a time. Is there any tutorials, examples or help that anyone can provide?? Thanks in advance !!! Lots of mechanisms exist. Part of it depends on the degree of traffic. The most ...

editting auto recovery

socket #2
I've made a class CMYSocket that derives from CAsyncSocket. Does it matter when I call CAsyncSocket(nErrorCode) ? Before or after calling receive(...) ? Do I need to add my own check of the nErrorCode variable and stop the object if there the variable is not equal zero ? On a few occasions my OnReceive method has been triggered when no data has acctually been sent. The GetLastError() method returned error code 10054 (WSAECONNRESET). quote: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- Connection reset by peer. An existing connection was forcib...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

Taking one value sheet 1 and apply to sheet 2
Hello all, I have a workbook with 5 sheets. I do not know how to take the valu from sheet 5 cell b26 and use that value to a formula to sheet 1 cel g19. Can someone help me out? : -- join_the_ban ----------------------------------------------------------------------- join_the_band's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3521 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54975 Try a formula like =Sheet5!B26 "join_the_band" <join_the_band.2926qb_1149728701.4689@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:joi...

BOM & Edit List

how 2 make one cell change title when either of 2 other are > 1
i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert back to [heading 1] if not. In the Heading cell: =if(max(c9,d37)>0,"Heading2here","heading1here") confuscious wrote: > > i want to make a cell [heading 1] (that is a list of two headings) change to > [heading 2] if either one of two other cells are greater than 0 but revert > back to [heading 1] if not. -- Dave Peterson If I understood your question correctly thy this: in cell A1 copy and paste this...

adding a watermark #2
is it possible to add a watermark to an excel page? if so how? i a using excel 2002 on windows XP professional version 2002 service pack -- mhilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mhillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=464 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26196 check this link: http://www.rondebruin.nl/files/Watermark.zip And see this sites also Aaron Blood's website at http://www.xl-logic.com/pages/formulas.html An alternative, if you're using Excel 2002, l...

Same code 2 results
Hi! I use this code in 2 applications and the results are different: CString csRep; char sRep[MAX_PATH]; LPITEMIDLIST pidl; BROWSEINFO bi; bi.hwndOwner = NULL; bi.pidlRoot = NULL; bi.pszDisplayName = sRep; bi.lpszTitle = NULL; bi.ulFlags = BIF_STATUSTEXT; bi.lpfn = BrowseCallbackProc; bi.lParam = (LPARAM) (LPCTSTR) cs; bi.iImage = 0; pidl = SHBrowseForFolder(&bi); if(pidl) { TCHAR szDir[MAX_PATH]; if (SHGetPathFromIDList(pidl,szDir)) csRep = szDir; } In one app, csRep = ::{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\::{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30 309D}\::{D20EA4E1-3...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

Public folder #2
I have a public folder for advertisements and i want to limit the size of an email send to this folder. Is this possible??? We are running Exchange 2000 and outlook XP. I'm in Mixed Mode (Exchange) and the Delivery Restrictions on Public Folders is greyed out. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "johnE" <a...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

Reports Error CRM 1.2
Hi, i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full screen display) Thanks in advance Is this a custom report or a canned one? Are you having this problem when viewing the report online, or when printing the report? -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Emile Seferian" wrote: > Hi, > > i am facing a problem with how the reports on MS CRM 1.2... the issue is > that half the chart is displayed (it is not resizing to match the full > screen display) > ...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

2.0 Installation problems
Ok, here goes.. MSDE 2000 - fully updated XPSP2 - fully updated ..NET 1.1 - fully updated ..NET 2.0 - fully updated PERMISSION ERROR ON MACHINE 1 1-Installed RMS 2.0 under administrator and re-booted 2-Logged on as Administrator, launched POS and entered product key (like I always do with MS products) 3-Logged off Administrator and logged on under the user account I normally run RMS under. 4-Launched POS and got a run-time error 70, writing to the registry error, a license violation error AND IE 7.0 has permission errors and would not launch I know run-time 70 errors are permission rela...