Edate problems

I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
then tried edate function. Please help
0
jodi1 (31)

By what criteria should 6 months on from 12 Mar 2006 be 21 Sep 2006?

--
 HTH

Bob Phillips

"Jodi" <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is
03/12/06
> in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
> another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
> regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know
how
> to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function
and
> then tried edate function. Please help

0
bob.NGs1 (1661)
8/25/2006 3:02:26 PM
One way:

    =DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4)+6,DAY(C4))

In article <DC6EEE09-D184-4DCC-BD41-5DF4EF62E402@microsoft.com>,
 Jodi <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
> in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
> another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
> regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
> to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
> then tried edate function. Please help
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
8/25/2006 6:40:18 PM
playing devils advoate here....what say the start date is after 21 of the
month?
--
paul
paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> One way:
>
>     =DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4)+6,DAY(C4))
>
> In article <DC6EEE09-D184-4DCC-BD41-5DF4EF62E402@microsoft.com>,
>  Jodi <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
> > in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
> > another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
> > regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
> > to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
> > then tried edate function. Please help

Do you want to add 180 days rather than 6 months?
=DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4),DAY(C4)+180).
Excel is like a child; it does EXACTLY what you tell it and nothing more.
Your challenge is figuring out what to tell it to do.
HTH Lou

"paul" wrote:

> playing devils advoate here....what say the start date is after 21 of the
> month?
> --
> paul
> paul.shepherd@nospamparadise.net.nz
> remove nospam for email addy!
>

> "JE McGimpsey" wrote:
>
> > One way:
> >
> >     =DATE(YEAR(C4),MONTH(C4)+6,DAY(C4))
> >
> > In article <DC6EEE09-D184-4DCC-BD41-5DF4EF62E402@microsoft.com>,
> >  Jodi <Jodi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I am having problems wtih getting the correct date. My start date is 03/12/06
> > > in cell C4 and I want to calculate 6 calendar months from that date into
> > > another cell. All I end up with is 09/12/06, when it should be done in
> > > regular calendar months. The answer should be 09/21/06 but I don't know how
> > > to get the formula to get that date. I tried using just the date function and
> > > then tried edate function. Please help

Problem resolution for obscure problem of not being able to send emails
I thought I would get this into the record for the benefit of others having trouble with an obscure email problem. The symptom is that all of a sudden you can no longer send emails. Variations are that you can send emails, but not replies to emails; another is that problem is intermittant. Various similar error messages come back from the smtp server, but are all related to the smtp server closing the connetion. Keywords from the error messages and smtp log are inserted below. From my research, apparently everyone is baffled as to the cause, including Microsoft. Here is the solution for ...

Symbol LS9208 moving control problem
Hello Everyone ------------------------------------- I bought a symbol ls9208 scanner, but I am facing problem with its programming. Everytime I scan the barcode I have to press enter key 5 times to move to the next line. Any easy fix for this problem. Regards Amit ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 40742 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## If you should ...

CountIF problem #8
Hi, My brain isn't switched on this morning, this may be more straight forward than I think... I'm trying to do a Countif function, which only counts those in the range which are between "0" and "-2". Lets say the range is $A$1 : $A$50, and contains values between -3.00 and 5.00. How can i write this countif formula? It doesnt work the way i'm trying it! Many thanks in advance JJJ -- jjj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jjj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7424 View th...

Internet Explorer Problem???
I think I have a sepperate issue from RMS...I recently hooked up the internet to my network, and so all of my computers have IE access. What seems to be happening is that for whatever reason ONLY Register 2 gets kicked out of POS, and any other program that may have been running shuts down as well, and it asks send error report, or don't send error to MS. What could possibly be going on??? -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Problems again
When iI finshed last night, Money 2005 was working fine. Went to it tonight to update accounts - no longer can do so, again. Go to manage online banking - again, TD Canada Trust and BMO are not listed. Go to the "See the financial institions Money Supports" and both are listed. I just cannot get them into the list on my program. How do I do it? Barry ...

TRIM problem
Can anyone see anything wrong with this short sub - it seems to go into an infinite loop:- Sub Trim_Text() Dim cell As Range On Error GoTo ws_next5 For Each cell In ActiveSheet.UsedRange ActiveCell.Value = Application.WorksheetFunction.Trim(ActiveCell.Value) ws_next5: Next End Sub All suggestions/help gratefully received and acknowledged! TIA Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Your code would only change the active cell, not each cell in the used range, and the Next keeps sending it back into the loop. You could use the following revisi...

Problem with spreadsheet
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the admins of this forum fo providing a place to discuss excel. It's a great forum !! I do have a problem however. I am in the midst of creating an excel spreadsheet that will have 52 pages (1 page/week) Now there will be several columns and rows with weekly statistics and year to date statistics. What I need to do is learn how to creat 52 separate pages within this worksheet (let's say for argument sake name each page the date..i.e -Jan 04.....Jan 11...etc) and have eac page populate the previous week's year to date values when I add...

Outllok problems
I have an 800MHz P-3 HP eVectra that I recently did a reinstall of the Office 2000 program and afterwards had to do a repair of the Windows 2000 installation. Now when the user opens Outlook, she gets the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The Information Store could not be opened." The user is able to access her e-mail account through Web Access without issue. Any ideas? Assuming this is an exchange server your connecting to. Go to Ctrl Panel, Mail. Select the Microsoft Exchange Service and click properties. Reenter the echange server and m...

EDATE Problem
It was working fine yesterday and I come in today to update certain things and it will not work. When I change the date in the cell that would normally effect the formulated cell, the formulated cell value does not change. If I select the formulated cell and hit F2, enter, it will change but it used to do it automatically. I have the the analysis toolpak checked and there have not been any changes to the system. -- pknivens ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pknivens's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27675...

Help! Weird Outlook 2003 problem
I recently had to re-install Outlook 2003 (clean install). It previously worked OK (installed on top of OL 2002). I have a weird problem. I set-up two e-mail accounts - one POP3 and one HTTP (Hotmail). Both accounts appeared to set-up OK. The POP3 account tests perfectly. But my folders do not synchronise when I start Outlook (they used to) and *nothing* happens when I select "Send/Receive". It's as though I haven't set-up any e-mail accounts. *But* I can get my e-mail if I manually download headers (from the Send/Receive menu), mark each message for download and then &quo...

problem with an Excel chart
I'm trying to create a basic line chart in Excel. There are 6 series and each series has 5,000 data points. The resulting curves are short, i.e., they don't expand when I resize the chart. I also get a warning about the series size limit being 32,000 points. I have a total of 30,000 points among all 6 series. In the Y-values box in the chart wizard, for example, I'm defining the series in column B of tab A as A!$B2:$B5001, with the series name in cell B1. The scale for the x-axis only has options for number of categories between tick marks and number of categories be...

Problems with Mailforwarding
Recently I installed Exchange Server 2003 on Windoows Server 2003. Usually it is possible to use the server as an mailserver, too, if I correctly understand it. I get also messages about the mailserver sending to address exists there, but it is no possible to send messages over the server. After several hours I ever get a status message that the message will retard for a while but I should not send the message again. Unfortunatally I notice, that the message I send never reach the recipient. What reason could it be, that the message will not forward ? Michael Michael Kauert wrote: ...

Encoding problem #3
I'm trying to do a transform (Using XmlTransform class in c#) and in the Transform I'm specifying the the output xsl below: <xsl:output method="xml" encoding="UTF-8" indent="no"/> the resulting xml ends up with the following declaration: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> changing the encoding to utf-16, is there something I'm doing wrong? Is it possible to make the resulting xml declaration omit the encoding all together? thanks Demon News wrote: > I'm trying to do a transform (Using XmlTransfo...

onenote 2007 problem
hi from brazil. i have a hard problem with onenote. i can start and use it, but when i close the program the process continues endless, days and days on. it was working correctly, but two week ago the error started. i've tried google it, but it was useless. tried to wait days with the notebook turned on and the process running... useless too. tried to delete the onenote cache... didn't work too. tried to unistall and install again... the problem remains. besides the endless process, that i can finish from process manager ( but it once i use onenote and close, it comes b...

date problem
I want to be able to type 110503 and have it show up as 11/05/03 so I selected that date format. Problem is when I type 110503 I get 7/19/06. Is there any way to do this? Excel counts the number of days from its base date - in your case I assume that you are using the 1904 date system - and formats it to look like a date. Try entering today's date and then re-formatting it as General - you should see 36756. Excel therefore takes your entry of 110503 as day 110503 from the start date of 1/1/1904 which is 19 July 2206 in your selected format it shows up as 1/19/06 HTH Sandy -- to ...

Re: problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
P.S. I receive external emails when I uncheck the email address @xyz.com by following > Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > Hi there > > I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as > follows: > > Recipients >> Recipient Policies >> Default Policy >> Email Addresses (Policy) >> New ... >> SMTP Address >> @xyz.com >> (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery >> to this address >> Apply. > > When I do so, I...

SumProduct problem #3
Hello, One of the ranges I use in my sumproduct formula includes cells with formula like =IF(A1=0, "", A1) The sumproduct returns a #VALUE! error whenever the cell A1 is 0, otherwise it works fine. How to deal with the problem by modifying the sumproduct ? (The formula IF(A1=0, "", A1) is fixed and cannot be modified) Any suggestions would be appreciated. I use Excel XP. Thanks. For better answers, post your sumproduct formula -- Max Singapore http://savefile.com/projects/236895 Downloads:17,000, Files:358, Subscribers:55 xdemechanik --- "robot" <li...

Purchase Order Problem?
I go into inventory, select purchase orders, and I select order from supplier, make sure that the order from primary supplier is checked and then I run the report, after I have selected my supplier. For some reason or another I am given 2 to 3 different reports which are generated??? Not sure if I selected the supplier I wanted why these other's are comming up. -- Thank You, Vince Vince, Check the suppliers for the items that have shown up on your "other" PO's. Make sure that they are pointing to the primary supplier correctly. When selecting the Primary Supplier o...

Rule Problem in Offline mode
Please help... I have a rule which copies sent mail to a specified folder on a local .PST file. I do this to automatically have a local copy that doesn't expire after my company's default server sent-mail retention period expires. It's as simple as: "Apply this rule after I send the message move a copy to the SentLocal folder" This worked with Outlook XP. Since upgrading to Outlook 2003, the rule only works when I am connected to the Exchange server. When I'm working in Offline mode, the rule never gets applied. I have tried running with the /cleanrule...

CAyncSocket like class design problem
Hi, I am trying to write a wrapper class for Winsock SOCKET to use it in a non-mfc project. When I checked MFC CAyncSocket class code, I found that it provides a number of overridables like OnAccept, OnConnect, OnSend etc. But in the winsock documentation, I can=92t find any messages corresponding to these events. While analyzing the call stack of OnAccept, I found that a message with id 883(I think it=92s WM_SOCKET_NOTIFY) is received by an object of class CSocketWnd. From the parameters of this message a CAyncSocket is constructed and provided the override functionality. Is the WinSock SOC...

problems with website publishing
i'm having problems publishing a new site i've made on publisher 2003. i've made two other sites and, once i figured out how to do it, i was able to publish and update no problem. it may be coincidence but since recently downloading updates from microsoft, i now can't make updates or add the new site i've made. i taught myself using publisher and help i've found online, so i'm not exactly in the know with all of the "proper" terminology or procedures. i really need some guidance in a hurry! On Dec 10, 11:50 pm, Kris <K...@discussions.microsof...

MFC and SOAP #import problem
This is a stange thing I have come across, I have developed a project using SOAP and initially this project worked fine until i had to change some hard coded values and then i got errors I havent found a solution to, btw I havent really used soap with mfc before. error C4772: #import referenced a missing type library (didnt happen before, error not found in vc help, dll is mssoap30.dll) and lots of error C2440: return conversion errors because of the __missing_type__ subsitutions. Another further point when tryin to deploy the release version using a setup installer, it wont register mssoap...

Problem with CMutex
I'm trying to use a CMutex object in my application, but it doesn't seem to be working. I'm taking the following steps: 1. Declared a CMutex object in my dialog class. 2. Initialized it with "gMutex (FALSE, NULL)" in my dialog constructor. 3. Declared a CSingleLock object with "CSingleLock lock (&gMutex)" in the function that needs to be made atomic. However, after I instantiate the CSingleLock object, I see multiple instances of the code that follows it running simultaneously. What am I doing wrong? Thank you very much. -Eric Eric Adem wrote: &g...

Dexterity
Dear Sir/Mis I would like to know if there is anyway i can overcome the following: I've defined a library(COM) in my dictionary. The methods in that .DLL file which are defined as Strings, or take in String parameters, all show as "anonymous" datatypes with "anonymous" parameters in class browser. And therefore am not able to use em. System generates a Datatype conflict error on runtime. The DateTime datatype on the other hand works fine. NB:I've searched the MSDN, and the internet over and over. Thank you If it shows up as anonymous in the Dexterity clas...

Server problems?
When I click send/recieve, everyday there will be a few more messages added to the total that outlook starts to download, but besides the 3 or 4 messages that are sent to my inbox, the other 27 don't show up. I would like to know how to get these off of the server, it takes 5 minutes to download my mail, most of the time only actually getting 3 messages. Thanks! ...