Easy Reading - large number minus small number

Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?

How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
talking about?
I don't know?
Portland, Oregon
0
MUTTMIND (11)

In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in
column C automatically. Put the pointer on C1, Can you see a small square on
bottom left border of C1? Press it and drag as far as you want. This will
copy the formula to rest of the cells.

"MUTTMIND" wrote:

> Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
> its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
> not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
> A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?
>
> How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
> search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
> talking about?
> I don't know?
> Portland, Oregon
0
khoshravan (78)
2/2/2009 10:21:01 PM
Enter  =A1-B1 in C1

Double-click on the fill handle of C1

Fill handle is the litlle black lump at bottom right corner of the cell.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:09:01 -0800, MUTTMIND
<MUTTMIND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
>its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
>not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
>A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?
>
>How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
>search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
>talking about?
>I don't know?
>Portland, Oregon

0
Gord
2/2/2009 11:18:19 PM

"Khoshravan" wrote:

> In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in
> column C automatically. Put the pointer on C1, Can you see a small square on
> bottom left border of C1? Press it and drag as far as you want. This will
> copy the formula to rest of the cells.
>
> "MUTTMIND" wrote:
>
> > Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
> > its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
> > not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
> > A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?
> >
> > How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
> > search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
> > talking about?
> > I don't know?
> > Portland, Oregon
0
MUTTMIND (11)
2/5/2009 10:08:42 AM
Thank you for your help, I got it. In the easy reading mode, it was not
mentioned what do I do after.  The then what?

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Enter  =A1-B1 in C1
>
> Double-click on the fill handle of C1
>
> Fill handle is the litlle black lump at bottom right corner of the cell.
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 14:09:01 -0800, MUTTMIND
> <MUTTMIND@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
> >its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
> >not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
> >A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?
> >
> >How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
> >search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
> >talking about?
> >I don't know?
> >Portland, Oregon

0
MUTTMIND (11)
2/5/2009 10:08:44 AM
Folks... we got a bingo.  Yes Yes Yes!  One more time yes... it worked thank
you.
You are my best new friend.  I thought no way.  But, yes way.  Thank you
from the muttmind, portland, oregon

"Khoshravan" wrote:

> In C1 after you entered A1-B1 you can copy the formula to other cells in
> column C automatically. Put the pointer on C1, Can you see a small square on
> bottom left border of C1? Press it and drag as far as you want. This will
> copy the formula to rest of the cells.
>
> "MUTTMIND" wrote:
>
> > Column A numbers 10 rows down - clear?  Column B, a number...  smaller than
> > its A column number: A1 - B1 - clear?  Column C says, =A1-B1.  Problem, I do
> > not want to do this step "10 times" - A2-B2, A3-B3.  Suggestion - Copy column
> > A & B into column C and adding the = sign.  Me don't know how?  You know how?
> >
> > How would you frame the wording into a searchable subject? Type in your
> > search words and I get your answer or close to it. In short, what am I
> > talking about?
> > I don't know?
> > Portland, Oregon
0
MUTTMIND (11)

Calendar easy to move from computer to computer?
Is there a way besides a Palm pilot to transfer all contacts, and calendar info from work to the home computer as a daily task? The problem is my palm pilot does not carry over certain fields in contacts that transfer from work to home. Is there a web based outlook? In Calendar, the color labeling does not transfer either. Looking for an easy way to have both computers updated in the same way. Thanks! .. ...

Changing cell or text color depending on week number
Hi all I have an job that requires the contents of a cell to change color depending on how many weeks there are yet to run before the job is due. ie a visual 'heads up' of what is coming up. Contents or text would follow like this - If due this week, RED, if due next week, orange, if due in two weeks, yellow, if due in 3 weeks, green. As the project is based on week numbers, it would be best for the formula to based on that. Regards Roger If you have 3 conditions or less, you can use the Conditional Formatting option under the Format menu. You can specify the cell value for ...

easy OnLButtonDblClk() question
Hi, I've created a MFC application. It has the standard window where information is displayed. I have recently copied some code from another applcation someone made for me, so that I have a dockable window that attaches to the main document. The code for this class it as follows: class CMarkerZoom : public CWnd { // Construction public: CMarkerZoom(); // Overrides // ClassWizard generated virtual function overrides file://{{AFX_VIRTUAL(CMarkerZoom) file://}}AFX_VIRTUAL // Implementation public: virtual ~CMarkerZoom(); // Generated message map functions protected: file://{{AFX_...

Select text before numbers within a cell
I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It is formated like this A1 B1 ### Description ### Description I need to separate it so that the data starts with the numbers in individual cells A1 B1 ### Description ### Description Is there a way to select all the text before the numbers and put it in a separate cell? On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 01:45:56 -0000, stewart <smccallister@gmail.com> wrote: >I have some text that I am trying to convert into a spreadsheet. It >is formated like this &g...

rca easy rip
i have installed rca easy rip on my windows xp media center computor. i wanted to remove it, but when i go to remove all programs and try to remoe, it will not remove. any suggestions on how to get this program removed? You would probably find more help and knowledge at the support site for that application, but you might try reinstalling and then uninstalling. The RCA support site mentioned the need to have the RCA player connected to the computer when installing, perhaps it needs to be connected at uninstall. http://voxrightnow.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1773/kw/uni...

VARYING number of sheets in EXCEL
In Excel how can I sum the same cell on a VARYING number of sheets with different names ? Is there a wildcard function or sum the same cell from ALL worksheets function ? Hi Darrin the formula =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet5!A1) will sum cell A1 on Sheet 1 and Sheet 5 and any sheet between the two (in tab order) often what people do is put a blank sheet before and after the sheets they want to sum - generally called something like "first" & "last" and then use a formula like =SUM(first:last!A5) this means that more sheets can be added between these two without formulas hav...

Hiding a column of hyperlinks behind a column of numbers
I have two adjacent columns in Excel 2007: one with numbers, one with hyperlinks. I wish to "place" the column of hyperlinks behind the column of numbers, so if one clicks on the "number" the hyperlink will open. I know how to do this to each individual cell one at a time, but the columns have a couple thousand numbers and hyperlinks. Is there a way I can combine or merge the columns all at once to do what I want? Thank you for any response. Are your hyperlinks the result of the =HYPERLINK() function or are they Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Stud...

Calendar View
All, My sales team currently uses exchange - and would like to become more in tune with each other's availability and what not. Currently, the only way to view another's calendar is to go throught the steps of creating an appointment, selecting members, then viewing which times are available. Is there an add in that will allow you to view calendars without going through the steps above? A quick view sort of thing? Thanks in advance! Chris I have seen something u can do with sharepoint. where you create a sharepoint site. put you vacation time in that. then, in outlook you c...

Publisher: How do I save to CD-RW without it deafulting to Read-O.
I am having difficulty saving to CD-RW's without it defaulting to Read-Only after it had been saved to the disc. Any suggestions? Mike321123 <Mike321123@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am having difficulty saving to CD-RW's without it defaulting to > Read-Only after it had been saved to the disc. Any suggestions? CD-RW discs are not designed to be used as removeable hard drives or even large floppy disks. You will need to save to your local drive and copy to the CD-RW using your CD-writing software. Then, when you wish to edit the f...

easy transfer
I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the new PC and just get the information off of the flash drive? Mike Givens wrote: > I want to use easy transfer from my XP to a new PC with Windows 7. > Can I just transfer what is on my old PC to a flash drive then just plug > the flash drive into the new PC and then start the easy transfer on the > new PC and just get the information off of the fla...

Summing Numbers
I have a column with 240 lines (all numbers). I want to get the sum total. When I higlight every number in the column, I get a total of 112,394.19. When I use the summation formula it gives me a total of $127,578.735. Any idea why there is a discrepancy? I tried formatting the cells so that the numbers go out to 10 decimal places, but this didn't seem to make any difference. Please help, this is driving me crazy! You have hidden rows/columns, if you highlight and look in the lower right corner it will SUM the visible cells while =SUM will sum hidden cells as well, in Excel 2002 o...

Can I remove the "page and number" displayed on Excel spreadsheet
When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I enter. You're looking at the worksheet in Page Break Preview. To go to Normal view, choose View>Normal Janice Jackson wrote: > When I create an Excel spreadsheet, the word Page and a number are displayed > on each page in a large font in a gray color. Is there any way to remove > these from the display? They make it difficult to read the data that I e...

how do you calculate a column of numbers
Hello, I need to add a column of numbers from A1 to A20. What formula do I use? =sum(a1:a20) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Jazzy1980" <Jazzy1980@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F2BADCE-22CD-4D90-A664-FC2E0DE854B6@microsoft.com... > Hello, I need to add a column of numbers from A1 to A20. What formula do I use? ...

Formating Numbers to Currency
I import a .txt file into excel and need to format numbers to currency. I tried to format cells with no luck, excel adds .00 to current numbers I need a way to take 12345 and format to $123.45. The only way is t go to tools, options, edit and click on fixed decimal places. Thi still won't change to the format I need, I have to click each cell an enter then the format will take place, but there are thousands of cell I have to click on. Any help is greatly appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! It looks like the numbers are imported as Text and you need to jus...

how to recive confirmation read e-mail with e-mail router
In MSCRM with E-mail router, It�s posible receive message confirmation when an e-mail is read for the contact or account ? Thanks Valentin Collado There is no way to do this in the current version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Valentin" wrote: > In MSCRM with E-mail router, It´s posible receive message confirmation when > an e-mail is read for the contact or account ? > > Thanks > > Valentin Collado > > > ...

An easy one for you pros !
How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? Or for that matter in all of my application. Thank you once again. -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:17826C24-3B6B-4707-81BF-9EA7C9299AB4@microsoft.com... > How to disable the right click of the mouse on an open form and report ? There's a Shortcut Menu property on the Other tab of a form's property sheet in design view. It can be set to No to disable shortcut menus. That may be what you're looking for, for forms. I'm not sure about reports. --...

[OT?] Reading hardware from thread
Hello, This might be a slightly Off Topic question but I don't know where else to put it. I have a digital I/O PCI Card that I have to read at least once every 35 ms (We are using the I/O card for communicating with an PLC that has about 35 ms cycle time. I have tried using OnTimer() but it will not work with these small times. So I was thinking that I maybe could start a thread that reads the I/O card continuously in a loop and creates Events Messages when something changes. Since I haven't done anything like this before I just want to check with you guys and girls if it'...

Restricing total number of recipients a user can send to.
Hi Folks Is it possible to set a restriction at the organisation level to manage the total number of recipients a message can be sent to by a user, while still allowing a user to send to distribution lists which contains more users that the organisation restriction? Example: In Exchange manger we set a value of 20 under global settings / message delivery\defaults\recipients limit. We then create a DL that contains 30 users. Is it possible to allow the user to send to the DL of 30 users while maintaining a global recipient limit of 20? Why do we want to do this: We want to stop pe...

convert cells to negative number
I have a list of numbers that I need a quick and easy way to convert to a negative number. I have tried highlighting the numbers and using a custom format to add the negative sign and parenthesis but when you add the column up; it is not recognizing the numbers as negative. Any suggestions? Why not create a helper column to do it? "sparker" wrote: > I have a list of numbers that I need a quick and easy way to convert to a > negative number. I have tried highlighting the numbers and using a custom > format to add the negative sign and parenthesis but when you add t...

Fields Read Only
How Do I Make Fields Read only after I saved it Thx There is no built-in support for this in the app. However, you could add javascript to the aspx page to disable the field if you want. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:53:42 +0200, "Need Some Help" <Need@news.microsoft.com> wrote: How Do I Make Fields Read only after I saved it Thx ...

Easy birthdays question...
Hi, I have one table in my database named, Clients. It has the following fields: FirstName, Surname, Address1, Address2, Address3, DOB, and LetterSent. My question is, how do I show all the clients who have a birthday coming up in the next 7 days? Once I have that information displayed, the user is then supposed to put a tick the LetterSent checkbox for each client. Then, say the query was run later that day, the clients who appeared in the query earlier on would now not appear as they have a tick in the LetterSent field. So I think I need something like this, I just don't know t...

How to create a read-only database
Hi, I have set up a simple ordering system at my workplace using Exce forms. Using template wizard with data tracking all orders using thi form are stored in a database. I like this database to be read-only, s everyone can see the orders placed without messing up the database However, if I make the database read-only, the template wizard i unable to add new orders. How do I get around this problem? Fo instance, is it possible to make an automatic copy of the databas everytime it is changed which is read-only ?? Thnx Richar -- Rajjansse -----------------------------------------------------...

about some easy drawing
Hi! Nothing is being drawn when I run this piece of code ? I can't see any wrong in the code but there must be some mistake in it. private void Form1_Paint(object sender, PaintEventArgs e) { Pen p = new Pen(Color.Red, 7); p.DashStyle = DashStyle.Dot; Bitmap bm = new Bitmap(400,400); Graphics g = Graphics.FromImage(bm); g.DrawPie(p,0,0,350,350,290,90); } //Tony "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:OxZriJf%23KHA.5464@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Nothing is bei...

Getting text to read bottom to top
Good afternoon. I have text in a text box that I'd like to read from bottom-to-top rather than left-to-right. I can rotate the text box, but the text itself isn't rotating. Click the Text Direction button (in Word 2003 or earlier it's on the Text Box toolbar; in Word 2007/2010 it's on the Text Box Tools ribbon). The first click changes the direction to top-to-bottom and the second click changes it to bottom-to-top. A third click will return it to left-to-right. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be ack...

Add Serial Numbers at Time of Order Fulfillment
Is it possible to turn off the ability for a serial number to added on the fly when fulfilling orders? Sometime our scanners transmit bad data and GP allows the serial number to be added on the fly...thus causing us great pain in trying to keep inventory accurate. We're using advanced distribution, GP 7.5 We've been unsuccessful with a solution. ...