dropdown list...no help in the help files

I need to create a drop-down list that contains catalog items & prices,
& when the selection is made I need the prices from this list & others
to all be summed up automatically in a one cell.
The process described in the help file on drop-down lists produces some
weird result...it can't be published as a web page. I need this to work
as a standard editable Excel file from my company's end, & work as a
non-editable webpage to online users.

Any advice?

Should I (or could I) import the Excel data we already have, & create
it in FrontPage? :confused:

--
miketv

miketv's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30934
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=540134

Chart created on larger screen
Hi all, i have a 21" screen and all the other staff have 17", so when i create a graph with code, it is the the size of my screen and is too big for the rest of the company screens. Is there a way around this ?? Thanks in advance for any help... -- Les ...

dropdown menue macro
Hi - Can somebody help me with a drop down menue macro. I have a list of names on a hidden worksheet, Sheets("Student Info"), which the drop down menue lists those names. The drop down menue is on another, Sheets("Sheet1") When I choose a student name from the drop down menue, I would like several previously saved worksheets to open in the original workbook. When another name is selected, I would like the students worksheets that were opened to be saved (with a date and time stamp), closed, and the new worksheets of the new student opened. Thanks for your help - Ji...

Orphaned Links -- HELP!
Mac PowerBook G4, 2 GB RAM running Excel 2004 I copied a range of cells into a a new worksheet in a workbook. Now I've got a mysterious link I don't want somewhere on the copied range. I cannot find any external links in the copied cells -- they are all numbers and text, no formulas. I've tried Edit|Links|Break Link but it doesn't work. I tried moving the new worksheet out of the old workbook. When I try to save the old workbook without the new worksheet, Excel asks me if I want to save the link to the new unnamed worksheet. I have the options of OK and Cancel. I hit Cancel,...

Need Help #9
Hi This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum of 10. The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or over. Microsoft Excel 2002 Thanks in advance Dave On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 16:43:49 -0000, "Dave 2005" <dave@zillion.karoo.co.uk> wrote: >Hi > >This =IF(H2,MIN(10,H2),0) returns the numbers from column H with a maximum >of 10. > >The formula is returning 10 if the cell is 10 or over, is something wrong. > >Question: I need it to return 0 if 10 or ...

Sharing Task Lists
Hello, We have got Exchange 2003 configured in our system and everything works well. We are trying to create a common task list where tasks can be seen by all the users and the tasks can be assigned and updated as needed. I know that I can share my task list, but I'd rather create a seperate common task list. Possible? Is this a team folder thing? Many many thanks, Allan Yes, you can ask your Exchange Administrator to create a Task Folder for you in the Public Folders for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

badly need some help on CRM customization
Hi badly need some help on CRM customization. I need to add an additional account lookup field to the sold product. We sell software and we need to track end users (40% of buyers aren't the end users), so i want to be able to set an end user (to attach an account) to each product in the order. Yes I know that 1.2 doesn't support custom lookup fields but i need to transfer all of the data from our current customer database and i want it to be accessible from one interface. I wonder if i can create a field in the SalesOrderDetail table to store accountid (uniqueidentifier type), map i...

Need help writing an update query
I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have two tables with fields that need linked to add an update. To show what I want to do I have put the table and fields in brackets. Thanks. Here it is: If [Status Table:Status=Sold or No Bid] and [Status Table:Date=1/11/2008] then in [List Table:Publication Fee] enter [$30.00] On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:23:17 -0800, Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm not good at this so I need some help. Here's what I want to do. I have >two tables with fields that need linked to add a...

CRM Dropdowns
Is it possible to add entries to the drop downs on some ofn the crm forms? Such as the Industry, Ownership, Payment terms etc. Yes, just use the form editor (you need to be logged in as a user with sufficient rights and a licence) Regards Rob Bakkers Accenture Go to System Forms Custimization, edit fields and add value in the values ...

is the file exists
Is possible to know (is the file exists) Is possible to know (If folder exists) What I want if the code find the file or folder (display message box (the file exists) else (the file not exists) Check out the DIR function. It allows you to pass the name (full path and name) of a file and if it exists, returns just the name portion (without the path). If it doesn't exist it returns an empty string. It also accepts another parameter that allows you to check to see if a directory exists. HTH Dale -- Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful! email address is inva...

file association using MFC
Hi there: I am in the process of leaning VC++ MFC. I have written a program wthat will display the complete path for the selected file name from open dialog box. Now I would like to associate my program to a file type.. lets say .jpeg files. When I double click on any .jpeg files I would like to have may program open and display the complete path. I know it has to do something with DDE. Can somebody point me to the right direction. Thanks for your help Biju Here is the code void CChildView::OnFileOpen() { static char BASED_CODE szFilter[] = "Image Files (*.jpeg, *.jpg, *....

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Large shared excel files
I have an excel file that I use to manage clients. I have 1067 clients. I have 8 people in my department that edit the file. I have another 200 staff that have read only access to the file. Most of the time the file is about 1.3 MB in size. However, on occassion the file gets very slow and swells to about 25 mb. When I go to "tools" "Shared Workspace" it will show everyone who is currently signed on to edit the file. Sometimes however, it shows the same guy on three times. When this happens, the file creates a tmp file in the directory. It seems to me that excel ...

publisher 2003 can't upload site Please Help
Greetings, I have tried to upload my 2003 publisher website for 4 hours. I know how to use ftp, I know how to use http due to the wonderful directions I found through this website. When I use FTP I get 'Publisher could not save the fiel to the Web. Check your URL or network connection'. I check them and they are fine. When I use HTTP the programs stops responding, the page goes white and this can be verified by ctrl alt delete and you can clearly see the writing not responding. After I get it shut down I get a error report. Error signature: szAppName: MSPUB.EXE szAppVer:...

Traverse a list of all controls in a dialog
Hi! I'm looking for a way to traverse all the controls on a dialog in the order of the tabstop index. Note that I use unmanaged C++, so no GetTabIndex function afaik. The ALMOST perfect function for this looks like: CWnd::GetNextDlgTabItem. BUT...this function skips controls that are disabled (WS_DISABLED), and that's a problem, because I want to traverse ALL controls. So again in short: a way to traverse all controls on a dialog in the tabstop index order, without skipping disabled ones. Thank you very much for any directions on how to solve this! GetNextDlgTabItem moves across...

Need help please
Hey all, I am running Outlook that came with Office XP - 2002 I believe? Anyway, yesterday, I installed a new motherboard, and ended up having to reformat and install XP Pro SP2 clean. Thought I would get away with just a repair install of XP, as this has worked for me in the past, did not this time, so stupidly I was not as prepared as I would have liked to been. I have a backup, image that is, saved on an external usb drive with Drive Image 7. It is my hope, to be able to get to my Outlook folder, using Image Explorer built into Drive Image. I have reinstalled Outlook from Office XP...

how to clean workplace list with completed activities ?
Hi Everyone, When email activities are completed they still show in the users workplace assigned list or in their other lists. are they going to stay there forevery ?? or is there a way to remove the completed activities from the list ? The only way i see to remove them is either assign it to someone else or delete them, both of which are not the right solution. any suggestion will be really helpful. Thanks in advance Ashfaq Ali ...

Check List Auto Populate Seperate Document
Word Headache. I'm looking to make a check list with descriptions associated with it in one document. If those items are selected in one document, I would like to have those items automatically insert into another document in a table. As an example: Strenght/Weakenss Check list doc states as a boxed item... *Site has excellent lighting. I check that box and all that apply and other document will have those items insterted on another document under the strengths/weaknesses. Is this possible? Cheers. ...

*HELP* Winmail.dat Attachments Wont Go Away
Hello-- Our EVP is trying to email to our legal council and a couple of our BODs (all of which have AOL as their ISPs) and her Word docs and Adobe PDF attachments are being received as winmail.dat files. We are using Exchange Server 2003 Standard and Outlook 2003. We have read MS articles and Symantec articles and have changed her to plain text only--nothing works. Please let us know if you have a solution to this issue. Many thanks, Stephen Where did you change it to plaintext only? Go into outlook and do it there, where you can do no bold underlining NOTHING, if you do it from the...

Getting querie to list everyone who has a specific key
I have a database set up listing first and lastname and then keys that people have check out. Each key is in a different column but listed in the order they were checked out . This means Joe may have checked out key 58 in column 1 and Sally may have checked out key 58 in row 8. If I want a list of everyone who has key 58 how do I run the querie? I can get it to run with just the column of names and picking only one key column to check but I would like to be able to search all key columns. When I list all columns it seems to think I only want the info for people have checked out key 58 i...

Need to insert x number of rows in a list of data

file:// links freeze or delay
I have a user with Windows XP and Internet Exp 8. Suddenly, out of the blue, linked file locations on our internal webpages file://server/subfolder/files containing pdf's/ instead of opening in an explorer window freeze while opening a internet explorer 8 window for about 1 minute before then opening the appropriate explorer window. Other users opening the same location in the same way get a very brief internet explorer window then almost instantly the correct explorer window... It's a new problem on a computer where it was previously working. No new software installs ...

Comma Delimited (CSV) Files
How can I save an excel file as a comma delimited (CSV) file, BUT still maintain a format that allows for 15-digit credit card numbers? These usually require special cell formatting (ie text or number) that get lost when saved as a CSV file. My understanding is that saving as CSV saves all formats as "General." The result is a file that displays credit card numbers in scientific notation (3.71528E+14)!! This doesn't work for batch uploading to process credit cards. What can I do to have a CSV Excel file that actually displays 15 digits!? Jerel If you just reformat t...

Distribution List 12-30-09
I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore it? Of course. Retrieve it from the Deleted Items Folder or your most recent backup file. -- Russ Valentine "km" <km@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1886E81E-461E-4636-8116-568DE4221BC7@microsoft.com... >I deleted a distribution list in error. Is there a way for me to restore >it? ...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Handle to file
What is the best way to obtain HANDLE to file we know the path ?? I am using somethink like that: HANDLE handle; WIN32_FIND_DATA; CString file = "C:\\app.exe"; ..... handle = FindFirstFile(file,&w32fd); .... I need this handle to obtain file size: ..... GetFileSize(handle,NULL); ..... Maybe you know better way to obtain HANDLE to file and file size ?? -- __ phoenix_ phoenix_@wp.pl Take a look at CreateFile() .... Steve C "phoenix" <phoenix_@wp.pl> wrote in message news:bn5t59$bhp$1@nemesis.news.tpi.pl... > What is the best way to obtain HANDLE...