drop down values based on the another drop down

There are two drop down columns A & B, I want the drop down values of
to be displayed based on the value selected for A

--
Gupt
Gupta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2782

Hi Gupta

take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for detailed examples of how to
achieve this.

Regards

Roger Govier

Gupta wrote:

>There are two drop down columns A & B, I want the drop down values of B
>to be displayed based on the value selected for A.

0
roger1272 (620)

Bank Reconciliation-Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another Us
I have a user where she has been receiving the message "Selected Record Has Been Deleted by Another User" while she is in the bank renconciliation window. I have been able to reproduce the issue but only at this client. If she is in the window and is scrolling up and down and she happens to pause for about 5 seconds or more over one row but never clicks on it, as soon as she does click on it she gets the message. The only way to continue is to leave the screen and start the reconciliation process over again. I have a copy of their data on my server and I cannot get it to do th...

Conditional Format based on Month of Date in Cell
I have a cell that I typed in 1/1/2010 and I want to conditional format it based on what month it is. Say format blue text if it's 1/1/2010 and green text if 2/1/2010. I did a test with formula =IF(MONTH(A1)=1,"yep","nope") and it returns "yep" So I tried to use the following in the conditional formatting window based on formula: MONTH(A1)=1 which does nothing. The formula =MONTH(A1) returns a value of 1 so I don't see what the problem is. Hi Using formulas in conditional formatting, the equtation must always start with an equ...

List Box to create a Report based on crosstab query
I have a form with a list box to select a value, and a button that is pressed to create a report based on the value selected in the list box. The problem is the query used to create the report and populate the values in the list box is a crosstab query, which is not updateable of course. Here is the SQL for my query: TRANSFORM Avg(Val([tblCourseGrades].[Grade])) AS AvgOfGrade SELECT TblStudents.[ClassNumber], TblStudents.Rank, TblStudents.[Last Name], TblStudents.[First Name], Avg(tblCourseGrades.Grade) AS AvgOfGrade1 FROM TblStudents INNER JOIN (tblCourses INNER JOIN tblCours...

multiple drop-downs
Hi all, is it possible for a cell to have different drop-down list depending on the value in another cell. Cheers Sha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use dependent data validation lists. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html shav < wrote: > Hi all, > is it possible for a cell to have different drop-down lists > depending on the value in another cell. Cheers > Shav -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Perfect! Thanks alo -- Message posted from http://www....

Outlook 2003 Drap and Drop Issue
Hi If you take an email from Outlook and perform a drag and drop to the tasks, the task is created but the message body text is empty. Any reason why this should happen. Cheers ...

Hyperlink properties only from one cell to another.
Is there a way to copy the hyperlink property only from one cell or column of cells to another? I originally wanted all cells in my rows to have the same hyperlink. But then I realized I had to insert a column (B) that doesn't have a hyperlink. After I did this I lost the hyperlink to column (A) but still have it in (C) & (D). Thanks in Advance, k. ...

Services Invoices Get "DROP SHIP" box checked Automatically
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000A_01CA45AC.F9A0B1F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Everybody, Here is another story. we are GP 10 SP3 and we also a Field Service (Depot Module) installed = for which we use an Invoice ( SVC000000) and our type is Service type = Invoice. At the time of posting the Service Charges being generated by the Depot = Module, the Drop ship box gets checked automatically for which we can't = charge the customer for shipping charges. Basically we eve...

Debugger doesn't show stativ values
I use VC 6.0 in my MFC project. In a global function I use static variables and I can't watch them in the debugger. I tried all the recommendations in the MSDN like eliminating PCH, using Z7 options and all the rest but nothing helps. Can some advise please? Thanks Moris > I use VC 6.0 in my MFC project. In a global function I use static variables > and I can't watch them in the debugger. I tried all the recommendations in > the MSDN like eliminating PCH, using Z7 options and all the rest but nothing > helps. > If you build on Windows XP, it is a known bug in VC6...

Checking if a cell value in one range is contained in a second range?
Hi all, I am trying to check whether cell values in one range (say A1:A10) are contained in a second range (say A20:A30). I tried the formula countif(A20:A30,A[row number])=1 which was supposed to return "TRUE" is the cell value in that row WAS contained in the second range and "FALSE" otherwise. But I sanity checked this, and it seemed to yield the wrong answer some of the time. Could someone suggest a different formula that would work, or correct this one? Thanks so much for your help! Kate -- ModelerGirl -----------------------------------------------------...

Drag n drop FoxPro table to create XSD file
Hi All, Getting error message: "The following unexpected error has occurred: There were errors dropping "acctrecv" onto the designer. The XML Schema could not be interpreted from this object." when I am trying to create Strongly Typed Dataset from Visual FoxPro table. Does anybody know how to fix a problem? I only found to use CursorToXML vfp command to go around a problem. Is it possible to fix a problem in Visual Studio? Thanks, Alex ...

Why is Default Value not working?
Why when I goto a new record the date is blank? Here is the code I'm using? Private Sub PostDate_AfterUpdate() Me.PostDate.DefaultValue = Chr(34) & Me.PostDate & Chr(34) End Sub -- Gator Why not put the default value in table design. Got to Post_Date field in the table and set the defaultvalue there... Besides you are setting a defaultvalue in the after update of the field you want to have a default value? Maybe you should go for 'new' record... -- Maurice Ausum "Gator" wrote: > Why when I goto a new record the date is blank? > Here is the code I...

Suppressing categories with 0 values
Hi all I'm trying to build a dynamic chart for sales data. The output file contains two columns, A and B. Column A contains categories, i.e. Apples, Oranges, Pears, etc.,. and B contains sales data, i.e. 5, 0, 10, etc.,. respectively. The ouput data comes out monthly. Some months will contain sales from all categories, some ten, some fifty. I want the chart to only graph categories with non-zero values, i.e. if there are 100 categories and only 30 with sales numbers there is no point in showing the other 70 categories with zero values. I can format column B with zero values to show ...

Parse textbox words for query values
I've created a very simple asp.net web form (via visual studio 2008) that has a text box and a submit button. I want to be able to paste a bunch of 'words' into the textbox and have the words used in a select statement. Something like SELECT name, address, status FROM StatsInfo WHERE status IN (textbox-word1, textbox-word2, textbox-word3,...) I've got something simple working where a single word can be queried, but I can't find a way to parse the contents of the textbox so the query searches for each word. Do you have or know of any examples you co...

Change lblHeading.Caption of report based on which form's button clicked
I have 2 separate forms. Button on each form opens a report. One button on one form says "OPEN" and one button on the other form says "CLOSE" I do not want to create one report for each button on separate forms. I just want to use one report to serve both buttons on different forms On my report, I have lblHeading. If OPEN button is clicked from one form, I want to change lblHeading to something. If CLOSE button is clicked from another from, I want to change lblHeading as well. Thanks for helping. What version of Access? Starting in Access 2002 (I believe), t...

Checkbox values
I'm setting up a series questions that are answered yes/no by ticking a checkbox. Is it possible to assign a different value to each checkbox so I can produce a 'final' value based on the boxes checked? (I'm trying to 'wieght' the answers given, in order to assign a final 'score') Many thanks in adavnce of any reply! Link your checkboxes to cells (for example 3 checkboxes linked to A1, A2 and A3 respectively). In A4, create a formula to weigh the values. example: =(a1*.4)+(a2*.5)+(a3*.1) -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the ...

IF formula needs to read only values, not formulas
I have an IF formula down column F, and am trying to read the results with another IF formula in column G: =IF(F5 > 1/32, "Yes", "") But the formula in column G gives "Yes" when the cell in column F is filled only with the formula, not a result. How can I make this work? Ed Hi Ed, Please tell us what the exact formulas in F and G are; that is not clear from your post. What are the values involved? Are any of the columns formatted as Text before you entered the formulas? -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Ed" <ed_millis@...

No Mouse
I have drop down boxes in my excel spreadsheet which are used to select an employee to work a certain shift. Is there a way to access the drop down box without clicking on it with a mouse. Thanks Jay D. -- jayd77 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jayd77's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19048 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493204 Hi, use the ALT + DOWN arrow key HTH J -- pinmaste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- pinma...

How do you create a new BLANK worksheet with same cell format as another?
Suppose I have a worksheet formatted the way I like it. In particular, it takes some effort to get column widths adjusted and various cells to display using various number formats. If I have such a sheet as an exemplar, how can I create another sheet just like that except that there is no data in it. If I copy the original sheet and Paste Special Format, the format of column width does not transfer. I know I can save a copy of the workbook or worksheet and then open it. I then can clear the data in the new sheet and rename it. Is there a simpler and more direct way? -- Sam Conserva...

Finding smallest value after certain value in an unsorted range
Hi there, Appreciate any help that's formula based - I can't use VBA - for 2003. I've got a range of data between B10 and B253 (with equivalent dates in A10 to A253). I have a year in B255 and month in B256. In cell B259 I have a formula that finds the largest number after the given date in cells B255 and B256. In cell B260 I would like to find the smallest number after the date in cells B255 and B256 AND AFTER the largest number as found in cell B259. My formula below does the first condition but not the second. Could anyone ammend it to ensure that the numb...

Convert Pivot Table to Values in Macro
The code below converts multiple worksheets to values. Except, as I discovered recently Pivot Tables. Can you help modify the code to also convert Pivot Tables to Values? ============= Sub SetAllSheetsToValues() Dim shtSheet As Worksheet, shtActive As Worksheet Dim rngR As Range, rngCell As Range Application.ScreenUpdating = False Set shtActive = ActiveWorkbook.ActiveSheet For Each shtSheet In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets With shtSheet If .ProtectContents = False Then ' skip protected sheets On Error Resume Next Set rngR = .UsedRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeFormulas, _ xlErro...

getting thread-ID from another thread
Hi, how is it possible to get the thread-ID for another thread which is already running? The postmessage is generated in thread A -> but the message should be transmitted to thread B; the problem is, that I don`t have a handle to thread B. PostThreadMessage(GetThreadId(), UWM_SEND_DATA, (WPARAM)msg, 0); Thread-A: proceed incoming data by ethernet Thread-B: write some code to the com-port1 Thread-C: write some code to the com-port2 and son on (8 com ports) - the code is nearly the one provided by Joseph M. Newcomer (http://www.flounder.com/serial.htm#SerialParameters) ...

copy & insert based on criterial
When Department changes I need to insert the ADDRESS below the Account-Institution Business Office:. Another option I have is that if address = get new address from page 2. HELP xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ending 02/13/10 Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLOYEE NAME ADDRESS 883 27903 ROBERSON, JOE abc 883 119245 MUSIL, TODD E abc 883 Total ----------------------------------------------------------------- Account-Institution Business Office: DEPT EMP.NBR EMPLO...

Assigning Duplicate Values
Help - I am a long time lurker and first time poster. Here is my issue. I am attempting to match entries of money being written off an account to the businesses GL File. However, when these write offs are done what is typically a link is broken. However, by adding the dollar amount written off I can get all of the write offs and GL entries for the same dollar amount and that day. The GL has a ref number for each transaction. What I am trying to do is assign one reference number to one write off, regardless of how many times it may have happened that day. The reference number to ...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Using Excel to figure the value of "x" in a spreadsheet.
I have the cost of the product, the percentage of the commission I am paid on the product and the dollar amount that I want to make in commission. Is there a way for Excel to figure the "x" amount that will have to be added to the cost, the sum of which when multilplied by 60% will give me a set amount of $20.00?u. Thank you for any help,. Pam shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.misc: > I have the cost of the product, the percentage of the commission I am > paid on the product and the dollar amount that I want to make in > commission. Is there a way for E...