drop down values based on the another drop down

There are two drop down columns A & B, I want the drop down values of
to be displayed based on the value selected for A

--
Gupt
Gupta's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2782

Hi Gupta

take a look at Debra Dalgleish's site for detailed examples of how to
achieve this.

Regards

Roger Govier

Gupta wrote:

>There are two drop down columns A & B, I want the drop down values of B
>to be displayed based on the value selected for A.

0
roger1272 (620)

Table SY02000
In table SY02000 we have records with a RESTYPE value of 23. What is this? I know what 1 ans 2 are but I am stumped about 23. -- Robert J. O'Donnell MBS Consultant US and LATAM Rock Solid Technologies 512.347.9399x109 Hi Robert Resource type 23 is a report. Usually referred to with the constant REPORTTYPE. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessaril...

#VALUE error add'g formulas
Trying to add two rows of times with the result in one cell, but having trouble. When I try to add the two rows together, I get a “#VALUE” result. The result for each row displays fine in the HOURS WORKED column on an individual/per-row basis –– but I need to display just one result for both rows - in the “Row 2” cell of the “HOURS WORKED” column for that day. The formulas for each row are shown below. Times are written in standard AM and PM format. The IF statement are for controls to display standard (12-hr.) time format, a text option for writing in notes, and so that &...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

how do i use format cells to alpha / numeric values
HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT TO ENTER into a cell, but I also want to set format to set the values. eg. if I put in asd123 I want it to appear as ASD123 but there are also occasions when I will put in a different mix of letters/numbers a12s3d, which I also want to come out as A12S3D. I can do this in Access but cant seem to crack the code in excel. Please help. Try =UPPER(E2) HTH Regards, Howard "Samvid69" <Samvid69@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:701E3143-A79D-4FDE-8661-325795CE50F0@microsoft.com... > HAVE A STRING OF DATA i WANT T...

reference cell value from fixed column with variable row
template wizard wont let me select a form control (combo box) value to associate a field with but provides a reference cell value which gives me the row number in the other workbook of the value. how do i make a valid cell reference from this reference? i.e. col of referenced value is "A", row is variable depending on what value i pick in combo box. how do i make a reference out of "A" plus the value to equal "A5" ? (so that i can associate a field with it using the template wizard) -- bob z ...

Using CDialog as base class
Hi, Im kinda new to vc++ programming and i have a problem with CDialog, im making my own class to create skinnable dialogs with CDialog as base class, class CSkinDialog : public CDialog { public: CSkin(); virtual ~CSkin(); <i will add my skin functions here> }; In my dialog class i replaced "public CDialog" with "public CSkinDialog" but when i try to compile it i get this error: error C2614: 'CTestDlg' : illegal member initialization: 'CDialog' is not a base or member Any help is welcome :) Thanks in advance, Thomas "Thomas" <Da_Q...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

How do I copy a filtered subset of data to another worksheet?
I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need to capture as a report each of the subsets of data for a snapshot of today's work. When I try to copy - the Clipboard, of course, copies everything, including the hidden data. I know there is a way to copy just what is visible but I can't remember and can't find any reference in any help files. Anyone? Edit|Go To|Special...|Visible Cells only "sftwrqn" wrote: > I am trying to develop a series of analysis from a major worksheet. I need > to capture as a report each of the subsets...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Updating values in 2 forms
I have a script starting with the "FindAll" dialog that helps me search thru several sheet in a particular workbook. When I press "Find Next", the value of ActiveCell is updated in an UserForm1.txtLayout text box. Unfortunately, I dont know how to do it in any other workbook without inserting the following code it in all the sheets in the document. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.txtLayout.Text = ActiveCell.Text End Sub If any idea please let me know!It is very frustrating! Compile succesfully! ...

Insert Worksheets based on column data.
Hi everyone I run a report that creates a 7 coumn spreadsheet analysing staff time through a week. The last column (G) uses a staff code and is sorted in ascending order. What I would like to do is to run a macro or program that will go through the spreadsheet and create a new worksheet for each Staff code, naming the worksheet exactly the same, and inserting all the rows of data belonging to each staff code into its individual worksheet. For instance, if one of the Staff codes in the original pages is TW and there are 9 rows of data for TW, I would like a worksheet inser...

Counting cells before/after a maximum value
If I have a list of numbers like the following... 2,5,2,2,2,2,2,2,2,1,2,5,5,6,9,11,8,11,12 .... across a row of cells, is there a way of counting the number of (non-empty) cells to left of the maximum value, and also to the right of it? In the above example, the answer to both should be 9, of course. TIA -- Paul Hyett, Cheltenham (change 'invalid83261' to 'blueyonder' to email me) Well, I think the answer would be 9 for both if the number 1 in the middle of your data was actually a mis-type for something like 13 or 14, or if you want to count away from the MINIMUM and n...

Counting Values
What formula can I write to say: How many values in A1:A100 are greater than B2+B3? Try this =COUNTIF(A1:A100,">"&(B2+B3)) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Adam1 Chicago" <Adam1Chicago@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1493F672-3279-49C1-893D-289D71F7D55E@microsoft.com... > What formula can I write to say: How many values in A1:A100 are greater > than > B2+B3? Thanks, that worked well. One more question: How many values in A1:A100 are >B2-B3 and <B2+B3? (I tried using AND and the trick you showed m...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

Values dependant on previous values
Hello I need to build a spreadsheet which when a person selects a particular option on one column than options dependant on that selection are given in the next. So for example if car colour blue us selected in column A, then black, beige and blue are options for the interior in column B, but if red colour is selected, then beige, red and green are displayed in then next column. Help I'm new to complex formlas in excel (if this is complex!) Thanks for looking You can use dependent data validation lists. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html...

Set Based Row Duplication
Given the below sample tables and data I would like to take all rows in table ItemLot with a quantity > 12 and insert additional rows into the table with a quantity of 12 each, plus one with whatever the remainder is and update the IsSplit field in the original record to 1. E.G. for the row with a quantity of 255, would generate 21 rows with a quantity of 12 and one row with a quantity of 3. Additionally, table LotMap would be populated with 22 records with FromLotID containing the LotId of the original record (with 255 quantity) and ToLotID containing the LotId of the new ...

Lead Field Values not available in Account
I have created some new values in the Industry pick list (i.e. Govt - Federal) for the Lead system, and it all works fine. If I convert the lead into an account, and then look at the new account's Industry pick list, I see "36" instead of Govt - Federal. Is there a way to map those two fields so that the values are always the same, or will I need to create the same values in both the Leads and Accounts section each time a need a new, custom value? Thanks! Adam Hi Adam, You will have to recreate the new values in Accounts as well. Pay attention to the id's that the ...

Changing one phone format to another
Hi there, First I would like to thank everybody in the forum! I have gotte answers to a lot of questions! Now to the new one. I am making a list of companies. In this list ther are - of course - telephone numbers for each company. To be able t search the list and to keep datadiscipline, I want the input to b standardised with no spacing. Then I can easily search and I can decid how to represent the data - e.g. in the format "## ## ## ##". However, when I'm finding the data from external internet resources th format varies - eg. 1234 5678 or 12 34 56 78. When I copy/paste th...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Taks filtering based on category and working hours?
I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like to filter the tasks shown in the "Outlook Today" Tasks column as well as in the Calendar view's "To-Do Bar" based on categories (like e.g. "Business" or "Private") and based on whether we are within working hours (as configured under Tools => Options => Calendar options => Calendar work week) or not. I.e. during my free time I don't want to see any tasks categorized as "Business" and during working hours the ones categorized e.g. "Private" should be hidden. Is t...

Returning a Value into Excel from SQL ADO connection
Hi All first post. I am currently having a problem returning a value into a cell in excel 2000 I understand the ADO connection, and have checked my sqlSTR in query analyser. I use the following to dump to a cell. Set rcset = New ADODB.Recordset rcset.Open sqlstr, dbmain, adOpenKeyset, adLockOptimistic Sheets("Sizing").Range("b19").CopyFromRecordset rcset What I have used this to dump the whole record set out, but the sqlstr I am using only has a specific value in it. I am currently getting #value in my cell, and am wondering if the value coming out of the ADO d...

Can a macro be made to work based on a formula?
Is it possible to have a macro run based on the answer to a question? If the answer to a certain question is yes then the macro would run. ...