Drop Down Menu #2

In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who
clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date
which will be seen in the cell.
0
Marlas (1)

Would you like to something similar in Excel?

See Ron de Bruin's site for instructions on using a Calendar Control on a
worksheet.

http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

Also note the section for calling the calendar from a Toolbar button.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 5 May 2009 14:24:15 -0700, Marlas <Marlas@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who
>clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date
>which will be seen in the cell.

0
Gord
5/5/2009 11:18:48 PM
You have protected your sheet, with the option select locked cells unticked.
As a result, yur home key takes you to the first unlocked cell.
However, this is what you want for data entry!  The solution, if you are not
doing data entry, and want to get to the protected cells, is to unprotect the
sheet.

--
HTH

Kassie

Replace xxx with hotmail

"Marlas" wrote:

> In Word I'm able to attach a calendar as a drop down menu...then a person who
> clicks on that drop down menu will see the calendar and then can click a date
> which will be seen in the cell.

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

OWA and Exchange 5.5 #2
I'm having problems with OWA hanging about twice a day.. The problem matches the Microsoft KB Article 184841 -- Which recommends installing the newest service patch for the OWA server.. When I attempt to do this.. I get a error message during the install. Error Message: Outlook Web Access Failed to Install Properly. The system cannot find the file specified. Microsoft Windows NT ID NO: 0xc0020002 I've double checked that I expanded all the Exchange SP4 files. Any ideas what is missing here? Thanks for your help! -Paul ...

Cant send email #2
I Can receive, but can’t send. The logs on the receiving server show a connection, but only EHLO and Quit. No data, no RCPT, just EHLO and the next line is QUIT. I can connect via cmd telnet and it doesn’t seem to knock me off, so I think it is a setting in the exchange server. I have access to many receiving servers all logs are the same EHLO and the QUIT. Rebooted router and server. No help, created a 2nd SMTP server, no help. Connects than QUITS. HELP!!!! Mathew 951 905 2160 westcoastpc@gmail.com 2006-10-23 03:41:37 64.172.233.254 office.J-MARKMFG.COM SMTPSVC1 FUZZYBEAR 192...

Enabling menu items
I want to ensure that I enable everything back to normal when I leave a program. The problem is that I think in the Edit menu, depending on what is selected, either the "Delete" or "Delete..." menu item is listed under the Edit menu, resulting in an "Invalid procedure call or argument" for this: Application.CommandBars ("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls("Edit").Controls ("Delete").Enabled = True if Delete is not currently shown on the menu. Any ideas how I could ensure that "Delete" and "Delete..." are en...

IMF #2
Is there a way to "tell" IMF notr to block our local emails? I mean not to block for example @microsoft.com Thanks On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:35:49 +0200, Ilia wrote: > Is there a way to "tell" IMF notr to block our local emails? I mean not to > block for example @microsoft.com Local mail will not be filtered, it will instead be assigned a SCL rating of "-1". -- Regards Henrik Walther Exchange MVP Exchange-faq.dk So how I have emails from inside the company in Junk folder? "Henrik Walther [MVP]" <spam@exchange-faq.dk> wrote in message...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

Change Date #2
I have a rather large list of dates that are in a column and are written first as year then month then day Ex: 20051116. I want to change all of them in a date format like this 11/16/2005 with out retyping each one. I have tried to change the format but excel will not read it. I have tried to make a macro but excel only changed that one cell not the entire column. Please help. It's relatively easy, *IF* all your dates are entered the same. That means 4 digits for the year and 2 each for the month an day. You can understand the ambiguity of something like this: 2005121 Which could...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

1/2 Page Numbers
I have created a Publisher Document that I am using as a manual. I will periodically publish updates to the manual and may need to insert pages. I would like to be able to number these new pages with decimals - for example, if I insert a two pages between pages 4 and 5, I would like to number the new pages 4.1 and 4.2. Is there anyway I can do this??? When I go into the format area it makes me choose a whole number. Apply a different Masterpage where the format for page numbering is 4.# Start the number over from 1 by inserting a section. Then on the following section restart the ...

Year End Closing #2
Hi It is noticed that some accounts(while does not have any transaction) are deleted while doing the year end close in Great Plains. Initially Reconcile and checklinks are done for each series. Immedietely after Year end close for financial series, many accounts are deleted from account master. Please anyone have idea about this? Thanks Jacob I believe accounts are removed that are marked as inactive and don't have a balance. "Microsoft News" <msnews.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OMAjkKrPFHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi > It is noticed that some ac...

multiple sheets, need help please #2
I am not sure how to communicate what I am trying to ask, so please bear with me. I have two sheets in a estimating workbook. Sheet one is the worksheet, sheet two is the print out sheet for customers. In one cell on the print out sheet I want one of two things to show up. In the worksheet, the two things are in two seperate cells, and to select them you would have to input how many of each in a seperate cell next to them. A simple IF function won't work for what I need. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you very much. Hi Kile You'll have to be a lot more specific! -- ...

Bank #2
Could someone explain to me why anyone would want to download activity from the bank rather than entering it yourself when the transaction occurrs? Personally I use Fleet bank (or as I call them Fleece bank) and woudln't trust the downloaded information. They make too many mistakes, are very sloppy in their transactions. So why would anyone trust their downloads? -------------------------------------------------- 11 days until John Kerry is elected our next president. 11 days until George W. Bush is sent packing back to Crawford Texas. ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimite...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

SmartList #2
Hi, What DB table using smartlist for their layout. I mean, if customized some report for SmartList, where GP keep this data. I need it, just to move from previous version to a new one. Thank you Vitali V Hi Vitale, once you've created a modified or a new report, a report dictionary called reports.dic is created in the installation folder. In that folder are stored all customized or new reports by default. "Vitali V" wrote: > Hi, > > What DB table using smartlist for their layout. > > I mean, if customized some report for SmartList, where GP keep this...

Service STORE is falling #2
Hello to All, I need a help with the problem that is happening with our server of exchange 5.5 and windows NT 4.0. The problem that is happening is that suddenly the service of STORE falls, seeking the mistake that is happening found the following note of MS that I am enclosing, only that we already sought and we didn't get to find a program to be accessing some of the mentioned doors. Did this problem happen please already with you or you know what can be? Regards, Lincoln Rollin Backup and apply SP4 and post-SP hot-fixes. Lincoln Rollin wrote: > Hell...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay #2
HI All! I have configured secured POP3 access on Exchange Server 2003 with SP1 (SBS 2003). It was working fine but now POP3 users are unable to send mail outside exchange organization. If they sends message outside exchange org. thier messages are returened with error 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for xxx@yahoo.com or any domain name. I checked the event log there are two event id which are logged Event ID 1069 Source POP3SVC: SSPI authentication attempt from 24.17.207.164 has failed with error 0x8009030c. Event ID 7004 Source MS Exchange Transport: This is an SMTP protocol log for vi...

email address #2
How do I change my email address in outlook express? post in an outlook forum...this one is for Dynamics GP (Great Plains) ERP software -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "John" wrote: > How do I change my email address in outlook express? ...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

ShowAllData #2
When a macro runs and it performs a filter/showall request the code stops on the line: ActiveSheet.ShowAllData What needs to be changed so that this request is always performed regardless if the sheet is not currently filtered. Thanks if you can help. Pat If ActiveSheet.FilterMode Then ActiveSheet.ShowAllData End If Pat wrote: > > When a macro runs and it performs a filter/showall request the code stops on > the line: > > ActiveSheet.ShowAllData > > What needs to be changed so that this request is always performed regardless > if the sheet i...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Microsoft Clustering on Exchange 2003 #2
We have been running two MS Clusters on Exchange 2003 for about a year now and we have never benefited from the redundancy. To the contrary we have actually had a significant amount of down time due to the cluster failing over when it shouldn't or becoming unstable. (The configuration is one active node and one standby server in the cluster.) The real kicker here is the convergence time. I was familiar with Linux clusters that take a few seconds to fail over, so you can imagine my surprise when the Exchange cluster can take up to 10 minutes to fail over! The MS consultant who was helpin...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...