Drop Down box resizing on open

I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes
which keep resizing when I open up the sheet.

I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's
in column D based on column's A values.
I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF
variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another
sheet).
The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so
the cell contents can be read.

I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells'
selected but quite often when I load up the sheet some of the drop down boxes
re-format to .11cm's high (they are normally .56) and at the top of the cell
so it obscures the writing.

Any help or advice welcome
0
DuncanUK (7)

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

xl2007 password to open
In Excel 2007 I can password protect a file via Office Button > Prepare > Encrypt Document or via Save As dialog box > Tools > General Options. Disregarding the password to modify option, my question is, what’s the difference between the two password to open options? In other words, does the Save As password option do the same encryption as the Office Button option? Bob Phillips 4/9/2007 answer to a slightly different question seems to say there’s no difference. Can anyone confirm this? Many thanks. ...

Combo Box Problem
Hi friends can anyone tell me how i can add a string to combo box runtime . i have used one editbox and one combo box in my program. i need to insert string of edit box in combo box when user clicks on button. i have tried to used getdlgitem method but i was failed then i try to use member variable of combobox "CComboBox m_c;" and try to add string by m_c.AddString(m_e) [m_e is member variable of textbox]but it didnt work so plz tell me how i can here is my program UpdateData(1); m_c.AddString(m_e); but it didn't work then i try getdlgitem UpdateData(1); CComboBox *c...

can't open
Sometimes Outlook 2003 works fine. Other times I double click on the icon on my desktop and the hour glass stays there for a while and then goes away and outlook never opens. Also, on occasion, when I try to shut down Windows XP, I get a dialog box saying Outlook.exe is running. I then have to hit the end program button. Anyone know what is going on? Also sometimes as I scroll down deleted mail or sent mail, instead of showing the E- mail right away, it kinda hangs for a while and then shows the E-mail. Can this be a memory problem? ...

Open up IExplorer with a file.
My application has to view an XML file. I would like my application to open up microsoft internet explorer with this XML file in view, can anybody point me to a good article? cheers in advance shellexecute api....... "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F351329-617E-45C8-879F-087281ADF85F@microsoft.com... > My application has to view an XML file. > > I would like my application to open up microsoft internet explorer with > this > XML file in view, can anybody point me to a good article? > > cheers in advance ...

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

can not open outlook #3
How do I run dectect? Does it run from Outlook? Since=20 outlook shuts down right after it's opened, I can't=20 access any outlook functions. thanks, Re: can not open Outlook=20 From: "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"=20 <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> Sent: =20 5/10/2004 7:57:34 PM=20 =20 =20 Wiping out and reinstalling does nothing 99% of the=20 time. Try running=20 Detect and Repair first. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion=20 intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mai...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.Cannot open the Outlook wind
The message when I try to open my Outlook 2007 after it flashes open for a second is "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window." My only choice is "ok" Aggh. I cannot use my Outlook any more and all my important emails are on it. I am now using a fallback on my servers webrowser email, which is lame. And I had been using Windows Mail from before, but that one slowly deletes my mail once it arrives. I have to copy it first and move it into another file. It is relentless. So, Windows Mail has a terrific bug. I did t...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Resizing UML Object
Hey hoe, What steps are required to resize a UML object? The object that was created from visio's re-engineering tool is wider that the page width. When I modified the ShapeSheet width (user.DefaultWidth) from 9 inches to 7 inches, the height became too short. The template doesn't have a user.heigth option. The "Height" field in the shape sheet does not affect the text in the UML Object. Inviato da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita http://www.x-privat.org/join.php ...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Multiple Check Boxes in Form
Hello All, I need advice on how to setup a form with multiple check boxes correctly. I have created a table that houses most of the data but I want each check box to be linked to a specific ID. However, there will be multiple check boxes linked to 1 ID. Can someone give me direction as to how I can achieve this? Thanks, Tammy Watts You said nothing about your table structure. What are the field names and datatype? When you same 'linked to a specific ID' do you mean a unique record? -- Build a little, test a little. "MsWatts" wrote: > H...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

Legend Key Box
Is it possible to resize a legend key box to blow up the size and make more visible ? Yes. Select it and it will show size handles which you can grab and use to stretch the box. -- David Biddulph "tara" <tara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C3A07FF-F910-4E09-9489-ED11EFF87529@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to resize a legend key box to blow up the size and make > more > visible > ? The size of the legend key varies with the font size of the legend entries. There is no way to increase the legend key's size while keeping the legen...

Open Excel in a browser without changing URL
Hi, I have a webpage with one button, called �Open�. When the user presse the button I want to create a new Createobject("Excel.Application") an open an xls file. Then display this Excel instance within the curren web page. How do we set the content of the webpage to display this. I do not want to do something like: <a href="test1.xls" target="_self" >Open</a> which works but I do not want to change the page (URL) for the user. just want excel stuffed back into my browser. I also do not want t uses framesets or frames. Thanks in advance. P...

List Box to show your Order
At the Moment I have a query that lists my Horses on my form I have a Text box next to each horse so depending what number I put in my text Box gives me a Printing Order, This is for Printing Worksheets, What I am trying to Achieve is say to list Boxes and you highlight a Horse a click the arrow to send it to another Listbox on the same form then print the Order in list Box2, Once you select a record and click it to List Box 2 it disappears from list box 1, Any Ideas how to start this? -- Thanks in advance for any help with this......Bob MS Access 2007 accdb Windows XP Home...

Search combo boxes
I am trying to use a form as a search form and to update records based on two combo boxes but I am running into issues. Using help on other posts here, I was able to get the combo boxes to work, or so I thought. The initial entry gives me the correct results but then I can page down and scroll through all the records in the form's record source. This is the code I have used on the Update event of the second combo box: Private Sub cboBLNum_AfterUpdate() With Me.RecordsetClone .FindFirst "[LoadNum] = " & Me!cboLoadNum & _ ...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Message box shadow
I have a spreadsheet that when a macro displays a message box and one moves the message box by clicking on it with the mouse and dragging it across the screen it leaves a trail of hundreds of message boxes behind it. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can prevent this happening. -- with kind regards Spike Hi Spike, I have seen this behavior, it is not a error in your macro! The reason might be that the video cart can not cope with the changes. Upgarde the hardware or add some memory to the videocard and the problem could be solved. HTH, Wouter I have disco...

Drop down list 04-23-10
How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? You can't. Perhaps you've seen the button created from a AutoFilter ot PivotTable? -- Best Regards, Luke M "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F248BA68-6874-4712-876D-CF2890DD0BF1@microsoft.com... > How do you display drop down list button even if the cell is not selected? Use a combo box from the Forms toolbar. The drop down arrow is always visible. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "DLB" <DLB@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Displaying the contents of a query cell in a text box in my form
Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is giving me fits here. I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... On Wed, 05 Dec 2007 23:22:46 GMT, chris23892 wrote: > Hi everyone! I have a question, and it most likely a simple solution, but is > giving me fits here. > > I have a form, and oh what a form it is. Everything works like a charm. BUT... I'll see your but and raise you two! -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail well, that was helpful...... fredg wrote: &g...