Driver Database

Hi,
I am fairly new to excel and would like to be able to catalogue my Drivers
Collection.  I would like to do this by 1st by Manufacture, then by hardware
type, then OS type, and last by Version. I would like to be able to click the
manufacture which will open a tree Hierarchy and so on.  Is this possible and
if so could anyone help me out.

Regards

John
0
John1063 (943)

Hey John!
Sounds like you can accomplish this in Excel.  Need to better understand
right path to take>  How large is the list/catalogue? Perhaps you could post
a sample so I can better get feel of what you want to accomplish.
Pat F

"John" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am fairly new to excel and would like to be able to catalogue my Drivers
> Collection.  I would like to do this by 1st by Manufacture, then by hardware
> type, then OS type, and last by Version. I would like to be able to click the
> manufacture which will open a tree Hierarchy and so on.  Is this possible and
> if so could anyone help me out.
>
> Regards
>
> John
0
Patrick2861 (490)
5/19/2005 2:29:04 PM
Hi Patrick,
thanks for the reply,
Could you give me an email address to send a sample file to.  I cannot post
to newsgroups.

Kind Regards

John

"patrick" wrote:

> Hey John!
> Sounds like you can accomplish this in Excel.  Need to better understand
> right path to take>  How large is the list/catalogue? Perhaps you could post
> a sample so I can better get feel of what you want to accomplish.
> Pat F
>
> "John" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I am fairly new to excel and would like to be able to catalogue my Drivers
> > Collection.  I would like to do this by 1st by Manufacture, then by hardware
> > type, then OS type, and last by Version. I would like to be able to click the
> > manufacture which will open a tree Hierarchy and so on.  Is this possible and
> > if so could anyone help me out.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > John
0
John1063 (943)
5/19/2005 9:31:01 PM
Hey John,
Try Patrick_flynn_15@hotmail.com.remove back to com.
Send a small sample of the data with what you want to accomplish.
Pat

"John" wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
> thanks for the reply,
> Could you give me an email address to send a sample file to.  I cannot post
> to newsgroups.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> John
>
> "patrick" wrote:
>
> > Hey John!
> > Sounds like you can accomplish this in Excel.  Need to better understand
> > right path to take>  How large is the list/catalogue? Perhaps you could post
> > a sample so I can better get feel of what you want to accomplish.
> > Pat F
> >
> > "John" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > I am fairly new to excel and would like to be able to catalogue my Drivers
> > > Collection.  I would like to do this by 1st by Manufacture, then by hardware
> > > type, then OS type, and last by Version. I would like to be able to click the
> > > manufacture which will open a tree Hierarchy and so on.  Is this possible and
> > > if so could anyone help me out.
> > >
> > > Regards
> > >
> > > John
0
PatFlynn (24)
5/19/2005 9:39:05 PM
You would have to send that attachment direct to me.  I will give it a look
this weekend.
Regards,
Pat

"John" wrote:

> Hi Patrick
> Please find the attached file for what i am trying to accomplish.
>
> Regards
>
> John
>
> "Pat Flynn" <PatFlynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hey John,
> > Try Patrick_flynn_15@hotmail.com.remove back to com.
> > Send a small sample of the data with what you want to accomplish.
> > Pat
> >
> > "John" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Patrick,
> >> thanks for the reply,
> >> Could you give me an email address to send a sample file to.  I cannot
> >> post
> >> to newsgroups.
> >>
> >> Kind Regards
> >>
> >> John

0
PatFlynn (24)

third party driver catalog entries
Hi, I've added a couple of drivers to the public tree and to the catalog (public\mydriver\catalog\mydriver.pbcxml). I selected driver1 in the catalog and built and tested with it, then I unselected it and selected driver2, ran Build MyProjectname from the Build menu in PB (CE6R2). But driver1 keeps getting included in the build. I see that both driver1 and driver2 bib files are getting merged in and the dll's are both included in nk.bin. So it seems that adding to my image is easier than removing from the image. It's not just unchecking the catalog option and su...

OPOS Driver VS Windows Driver
I have a Epson TM-T88III Reciept Printer and the problem that i have is that when I use the windows printer driver to print the receipts its very slow and when I use the OPOS driver the reciept prints really fast. I would rather use the windows driver so how can I make the reciept print out faster? For faster printing in Windows using a TM printer, select a TM-Printer font -Chris "Mr Singh" <MrSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:923EF5EF-C020-4193-B870-166094822E33@microsoft.com... >I have a Epson TM-T88III Reciept Printer and the problem that i ha...

Are your drivers worn out?
This has got to be one of the most stupid things I have seen online. Some website I stumbled across (I should have saved the URL), had an ad to sell some software to "Check for worn out Drivers". (such as a printer driver). Yep, it claimed that drivers dont only become outdated, but they wear out. WTF?????? I can agree that some do become outdated, but how the F--K do they wear out? Do their bearings wear from lack of lubrication, or does their engine fail? Or maybe they wear from friction, such as a pair of socks. I know that there is a lot of BS in advertising, espe...

Driver
Can any one refer a suitable driver that works with the Panasonic KX-P3200 FORMS PRINTER to run on WindowsXP. I contacted Panasonic but no response yet. There are no listed drivers for XP based on what I have seen. Help please. Thanks all. ...

Database Tuning Advisor
Cannot either find column "msdb" or the user-defined function or aggregate "msdb.dbo.fn_DTA_unquote_dbname" Has anyone encountered this? SQL Server 2008 SP1. It was a clean isntall. Apparently some of the obkects were not created correctly or at all. I cannot find this function in msdb. On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 05:54:10 -0700, John Couch <JohnCouch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Cannot either find column "msdb" or the user-defined function or aggregate >"msdb.dbo.fn_DTA_unquote_dbname" > > >Has anyone encountere...

Send to Onenote on Windows 7, driver won't work?
I downloaded the driver from David Rasmussen, but every time I open OneNote after printing to XPS I get the message "Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Object reference not set to an instance of an object." If I click continue it still doesn't work. This was one of my favorite features - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find me a way to use OneNote! I lived off of it last year. Rilli wrote: > I downloaded the d...

Multiple databases
Hi, I have a unique situation in my store. I have a post office (contract station) and a convenience store. I have 2 registers using RMS for the convenience store. I am wondering whether I can create a separate database (I want to keep post office totally separate from convenience store) for the post office and use RMS there as well using the same licence(I have 3 user licence right now). Any suggestions are appreciated. Regards JD You're going to need a second dongle, which means a second license. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek...

Power Management: Driver running in D3
I'm starting to understand Power Management conceps and I have some questions: I need to write a driver that sends via Internet a GPS position every, let say, 3 minutes even in D3; for Win Mobile 6.0 and 6.1 professional and standard but nothing seems to work: just after IOCTL_POWER_SET gets called my driver stops running. Could a driver run in D3 mode? I don't need to keep the device in D0, just muy driver; is that posible? What modes should I specify in IOCTL_POWER_CAPABILITIES: just D0, D0 and D4, D0-D3, any other combination? I have used DevicePowerNotify in IOCT...

Database design decision: contact information
I need some advice with a design decision. Customer wants to track people, along with various means of contacting them. The easiest way is to have the fields CellNumber1, CellNumber2, EMail1, EMail2, FaxNumber built into tblPeople. An alternative is to have tblPeople linked to tblContactInfo which is linked to tblContactMethods, thus providing "n" number of contact methods and the various modes. Am I making more work for myself by using the latter approach? Thanks! Larry On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 16:46:53 GMT, "Larry Kahm" <lkahm@nospam_heliotropicsystems.com>...

64 Bit Driver download with 32 bit machine
If I download a 64 bit video card driver, with a 32 bit machine, will there be a problem when I put the driver up on the 64 bit machine? Thanks Bob AZ no. It doesn't matter what machine does the download. It only matters that the correct driver be installed on the machine and OS for which it was designed. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Bob AZ" <rwatson767@aol.com> wrote in message news:2aa764a7-b454-4375-bef4-d31860d1fb98@s4g2000prh.googlegroups.com... > If I download a 64 bit video card driver, with a 32 bit machine, will >...

Unable to delete empty database

Updating a SQL database using Excel 2007
Hello, I have created a pivot table in Excel using the data from a SQL 2005 database. Is it possible to make changes to the data and save it back to the SQL database? Thanks David I know you can do this in Access depending on your connection settings. I would be curious to find out if it can be done in Excel also. Is there a resource where I can find more info on creating a pivot table in Excel using SQL data? The excel help doesn't tell me what I want to know. If there is an existing pivot table how can I tell the data source? I know it is external data and suspect it is ...

Formula to report unique records from database
I need a function that will report unique records from a database. It needs to do pretty much what the "Advanced Filter" command does when it copies data to a new area and the "unique" box is checked. I much prefer VBA functions or array formulas to VBA code to accomplish this. This is for a set of financial statements and they combine multiple companies. Each time a brand is selected, I want to be able to show on the financial statements the companies that are included in a particular report. A complete last resort would be to use VBA code to do the Advanced Filter comma...

Databases
Hey there, You know what I need to know. How do you mount an Exchange DB without the log files. I had to repair my DB's (there are 6 of them, not counting the public folder DB). I've got the PF and three DB's mounted, but can't mount any other. The exeutil/mh says is its clean. When I try to mount one of them it gives me a message saying that the log files are missing and I may lost data, are you sure. I say yes, then it fails with a window that says Exhange is unable to mount the database that you specified. Specified database: SERVER \ STORAGEGROUP \ ...

Make an Access Database out of Excel spreadsheet
I have a spreadsheet with 5 tabs; all same info. How do I make a database with a form for entry of info from it? -- ahmebah ...

need to remove root element when parsing xml doc or storing in database
i am fetching an xml document with the following structure: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <DTCResponse xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="urn:/ows/aws/1.2 http://www.overture.com/schema/dtc/1.2/dtc_response.xsd" xmlns="urn:/ows/aws/1.2" success="true"> <ActionsResponse accountId="123"> <GetAccountIdsResponse success="true"> <Account id="123" market="UK" /> .... i want to parse the document in my .net ...

Wireless Driver Problem
Hi All, I installed Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition.My laptop is HP Compaq 610.=C4=B0 installled 64 bit wireles/pro driver on computer.But i can't see any wireless network in range.In device manager there is no problem with my wireless network adapter.And also when i click update driver.It says the driver is up to date. Any Ideas? Hi again, I solved the problem. For using wireless network service , you have to install wireless LAN Service from "Add feature" menu of Server Management. http://www.elmajdal.net/Win2k8/Enabling_Wireless_Networking_In_...

Microsoft Excel Driver for xlsx
I know that the new Microsoft Excel Driver ships with Office 2007, but I was wondering if there is a seperate data access download or an updated MDAC version that supports the new excel file formats Thanks for your help ...

Database Diagram Column notes
Is there any way to display the notes from the column properties in my drawing? ...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just ran it and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one can guide on this issue. Error| Check ExportXmlValidator : Failure: Microsoft CRM 1.2 database export failed. Fruther LOG 9:51:08| Info| === Setup bootstrap logging started 9/29/2006 9:51:08 AM === 09:51:08| Info| Bootstrap version: 3.0.5300.0. 09:51:08| Info| Us...

Help with Database
I have a Database that I have been using solely since Setpember 2006. Since I have allowed other people to inquiry in the databse, I have have requisitions that I created come back to me that are not on the Database. I look for requisitions that I know I have created and they are not there. Any idea on what might have happened. On Thu, 26 Apr 2007 10:54:02 -0700, Mike Busch <Mike Busch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a Database that I have been using solely since Setpember 2006. Since I >have allowed other people to inquiry in the databse, I have have requisitions...

Database gone
Hello as of 7/1 my database is missing and i'm not sure why. My upc items are still there but time clock and all sales data including the journal are gone. Any ideas? hi try to see, someone may be restore the old database or may be yourself. because this never happen that all transaction gone. "jho" wrote: > Hello as of 7/1 my database is missing and i'm not sure why. My upc items are > still there but time clock and all sales data including the journal are gone. > Any ideas? hi as akber said may be you restore old backup or any one delete transaction from ...

Access 97 can't resize database window

Excel 2003 Database Driver Visual FoxPro 7 on Server 2003.
I have Excell 2003 (office 2003 Enterprise Edition) installed on Server 2003. However when I tried to get external data from a database and use the Foxpro ODBC driver, it tells me to go to the microsoft web site to install it, howerver the microsoft web site does not have a driver to install for Server 2003. I had Office 2002 with the same problem, when I try to get external data, the Foxpro driver does not show up. In Control panel/Administrative tools, the ODBC list of drivers does show the FoxPro database, when I try to use it, it tells me to get the driver from the microsoft web ...

Unable to create RMS databases in Vista.
I istalled RMS Ver2 on my laptop, which is running Vista. However I'm unable to create a dataabse in HQ Administrator.It goes through the normal steps till I get to the last part where i need to click on OK to finish and the following error comes up; Run-time error '-2147206492(80043aa4); The device 'test_hq_log' does not exist.Use sys.backup_devices to show available devices. has any one any thoughts on this? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_036D_01C89506.D81B7680 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transf...