Drag and Drop Rows (not just cells)

Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?

Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.

This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.

0
Rebecca (144)

Hi Rebecca,

Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. This will
select the entire row and bring up a menu. Select Cut.

Right click on the row where you want to insert. This will select the entire
row and display a menu. Select Insert Cut cells.

Note when inserting the row, it inserts it above the one that has been
selected.

In earlier versions of Excel, all the above can be done with the right mouse
button although when selecting the menu options you can use either button. In
Excel 2007, you still initially use the right mouse button but the menu
options have to be selected with the left mouse button. I am not sure if
there are any options to modify this.

--
Regards,

OssieMac

"Rebecca" wrote:

> Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?
>
> Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
> then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
> rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.
>
> This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
> from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
> explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.

0
OssieMac (238)
2/28/2008 7:26:00 AM
Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.

"OssieMac" wrote:

> Hi Rebecca,
>
> Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. This will
> select the entire row and bring up a menu. Select Cut.
>
> Right click on the row where you want to insert. This will select the entire
> row and display a menu. Select Insert Cut cells.
>
> Note when inserting the row, it inserts it above the one that has been
> selected.
>
> In earlier versions of Excel, all the above can be done with the right mouse
> button although when selecting the menu options you can use either button. In
> Excel 2007, you still initially use the right mouse button but the menu
> options have to be selected with the left mouse button. I am not sure if
> there are any options to modify this.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> OssieMac
>

> "Rebecca" wrote:
>
> > Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?
> >
> > Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
> > then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
> > rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.
> >
> > This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
> > from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
> > explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.

0
Rebecca (144)
2/28/2008 9:33:01 AM
And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.

Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.
>
>"OssieMac" wrote:
>
>> Hi Rebecca,
>>
>> Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. This will
>> select the entire row and bring up a menu. Select Cut.
>>
>> Right click on the row where you want to insert. This will select the entire
>> row and display a menu. Select Insert Cut cells.
>>
>> Note when inserting the row, it inserts it above the one that has been
>> selected.
>>
>> In earlier versions of Excel, all the above can be done with the right mouse
>> button although when selecting the menu options you can use either button. In
>> Excel 2007, you still initially use the right mouse button but the menu
>> options have to be selected with the left mouse button. I am not sure if
>> there are any options to modify this.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>>
>> OssieMac
>>

>> "Rebecca" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?
>> >
>> > Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
>> > then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
>> > rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.
>> >
>> > This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
>> > from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
>> > explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.

0
Gord
2/28/2008 10:02:51 PM
Rebecca wrote:
> Hi. Is it possible to move a row or rows to other places using drag and drop?
>
> Right now I insert a new (empty) row in the place or places I want to paste,
> then I copy the row or rows I want to move, paste it or them in the empty
> rows and then go back and delete the rows that have just been copied.
>
> This is quite tedious, indeed. Is there a faster way to move rows, aside
> from creating a macro, which I am unable to do? If it is possible, please
> explain how to do this in simple English, step by step. Thanks.

Click on the the row/column header to highlight the entire row. Hold
down the shift key and place your cursor in the heading and you should
see a cursor with 4 arrows now just drag the row where you want it. Try
this on a test sheet it can be a bit difficult the first couple of times.

gls858
0
gls858 (460)
2/28/2008 10:55:31 PM
I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an MS
Excel MVP.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.
>
> Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?
>

> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>
> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.
> >
> >"OssieMac" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Rebecca,
> >>
> >> Right click on the row number identifer on the left of the page. This will
> >> select the entire row and bring up a menu. Select Cut.
> >>
> >> Right click on the row where you want to insert. This will select the entire
> >> row and display a menu. Select Insert Cut cells.
> >>
> >> Note when inserting the row, it inserts it above the one that has been
> >> selected.
> >>
> >> In earlier versions of Excel, all the above can be done with the right mouse
> >> button although when selecting the menu options you can use either button. In
> >> Excel 2007, you still initially use the right mouse button but the menu
> >> options have to be selected with the left mouse button. I am not sure if
> >> there are any options to modify this.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> OssieMac

0
Rebecca (144)
3/1/2008 5:25:00 AM
Hi Rebecca,

There is no sarcasm or demeaning remarks in Gord's post.
As you said you came to this group looking for help which you
recieved and will always recieve in these groups.

Gord is one of the most patient and helpful users in these newsgroups
that's why he has been awarded the MVP title.

Were you to ask Gord about how he feels the Macro recorder
could add to the solution you already recieved, you will find
that he is (as are many others) more than willing to walk you through
the process.

You will very rarely find attitude in these newsgroups.

Kind Regards
Martin

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
> demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an
> MS
> Excel MVP.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.
>>
>> Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca
>> <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.

0
htmw (80)
3/1/2008 1:06:15 PM
Hi Rebecca

There are many people who post in these NG's who are employed by
organisations who prohibit the use of macro solutions.
Gord was merely enquiring whether you were under that sort of imposition.
If you are not, then he was suggesting you could create a macro, by turning
on the recorder whilst carrying out the steps that OssieMac proposed.

I certainly didn't consider his response to be in any way demeaning, or
sarcastic and neither would that be in his nature.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
> demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an
> MS
> Excel MVP.
>
> "Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.
>>
>> Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca
>> <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.

0
Roger
3/1/2008 3:48:31 PM
Others have responded in my defense and have interpreted my response in the vein
in which it was intended.

You stated  "aside from creating a macro, which I am unable to do?"

I was merely inquiring if you were restricted from using macros by your IT Dept,
which is quite common.

If you had stated "I don't know how" then my response would have been to walk
you through creating a simple macro using the recorder.

Gord

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:25:00 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
>demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an MS
>Excel MVP.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.
>>
>> Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?
>>

>> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP
>>
>> On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:33:01 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Thanks, OssieMac. You are a big help.  This is what I need.

0
Gord
3/1/2008 5:23:38 PM
I'm sorry for my hasty misunderstanding of Gord's remarks. It's entirely my
fault for not reading (or thinking more carefully) about your post. I never
assumed some companies would prohibit the creation of macros, but now that
your defenders mentioned the reasons, it all makes sense. Again, I apologize
for the false accusation.

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

> Others have responded in my defense and have interpreted my response in the vein
> in which it was intended.
>
> You stated  "aside from creating a macro, which I am unable to do?"
>
> I was merely inquiring if you were restricted from using macros by your IT Dept,
> which is quite common.
>
> If you had stated "I don't know how" then my response would have been to walk
> you through creating a simple macro using the recorder.
>

> Gord
>
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:25:00 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
> >demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an MS
> >Excel MVP.
> >
> >"Gord Dibben" wrote:
> >
> >> And you could use the macro recorder whilst doing this.
> >>
> >> Or is the "unable to do" some kind of IT restriction imposed upon you?
> >>

> >> Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

0
Rebecca (144)
3/2/2008 10:30:01 AM
Thank you Rebecca.

In your defense, the quotes around "unable to do" look a little sarcastic in
light of your not knowing that many companies have restictions on running macros
or installing Add-ins.

Gord

On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 02:30:01 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm sorry for my hasty misunderstanding of Gord's remarks. It's entirely my
>fault for not reading (or thinking more carefully) about your post. I never
>assumed some companies would prohibit the creation of macros, but now that
>your defenders mentioned the reasons, it all makes sense. Again, I apologize
>for the false accusation.
>
>"Gord Dibben" wrote:
>
>> Others have responded in my defense and have interpreted my response in the vein
>> in which it was intended.
>>
>> You stated  "aside from creating a macro, which I am unable to do?"
>>
>> I was merely inquiring if you were restricted from using macros by your IT Dept,
>> which is quite common.
>>
>> If you had stated "I don't know how" then my response would have been to walk
>> you through creating a simple macro using the recorder.
>>

>> Gord
>>
>> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008 21:25:00 -0800, Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >I came to this "new user" forum asking for some help, not sarcastic,
>> >demeaning remarks. I don't think this kind of response is becoming of an MS
>> >Excel MVP.

0
Gord

How do you sort a multi-column list by rows?
I'm a worship leader, I need to create an index for the songs in my notebook. I'm using Excel (I'm an absolute beginner, just got it yesterday) and need to know how to sort a list with several columns (song title, tempo etc.) by any one of the columns and keep the rows intact. Thanks 4 the help. If I understood your problem correctly, this should help, at least a bit. Select ONE cell in the column you want to sort by. Then click on a button in the toolbar, it should say AZ and an arrow downwards. To do an ascending sort, click the button with and arrow upwards. If you don&...

Need single column/row of numbers to print down then across pages in order
I have a very long list of phone numbers that occupies a1,a2, so on. approx. 45,000 records. I need to be able to print hard copies of these numbers so that it stays in order from page to page but is not just one column. (as to cut the # of pages from 300 to 50 or lesss) In other words, start in the top left corner of page through to bottom, next row, and so on. I thought there would be a way to set this up in printing options but to this point haven't figured it out. I have the same list (1 row again) also in Access if it would be easier. Would VERY much appreciate any clu...

Drag n' Drop emails to a Java application
Hi, We are developing a Java application where we want to import information received in e-mails. The email client are Outlook 2003 (at least for now). The best way would be to be able to drag the e-mail to the Java app and then access/parse the e-mail in the Java app. I have searched the web but can not find anything useful. Do I have to use COM and/or OLE for doing such operations? Please help me!! Best Regards Joacim ...

Inserting rows #9
I copied a 2004 spreadsheet to use for 2005, the new will not let me insert rows, the orig. did. Could I have done wrong,in the copying. I am not aware of different copying methods. Did I use A wrong format?. I have read a great deal on this to no resolve. Can someone help me? -- Eddie97 What message do you get when trying to add a row? Is its message saying that Excel will not shift data off the sheet, or does it ask for a password? For the former, hit Ctrl and End together and note the last used cell in the sheet. DELETE, not 'Clear Contents ' all rows below that row, save the...

Put Results in another cell
OK guys/gals - I know this MUST be simple, but I'm very new to excel. I'm trying to look at one column (A), if the work "Dist" or "Sale" is in the Cell, I would like to fill the next column (B) with "--", otherwise, leave the values alone in column B. =IF(OR(A1="Dist",A1="Sale"),B1="'--", otherwise leave value alone in B1 Thanks for everything! To clarify, I would like my formula to reside in column (B), but there is other info already in that column. If the condition in column (A) is met, then (B) must change, ot...

Drag and drop with CRichEditCtrl
I have an application that makes heavy use of the rich edit control. One of the things I needed to do was to customize text when it is pasted or dropped onto the rich edit control. This wasn't too hard to do: I have an object implementing IRichEditOleCallback attached to the rich edit, and in the QueryAcceptData() method I modify the data as needed before adding it to the control. My problem comes with drag and drop, specifically with the "move" drop operation. Following the MSDN documentation, my QueryAcceptData() method returns S_FALSE to indicate that it's processed the d...

Splitting Cells #2
I have a pdf with tables of data. I converted it to Word with Acrobat. The data for each column is in one cell. Ex: All the costs for each item is in 1 column - but 1 cell instead of 1 column several cells. When I copy and paste to excel it does the same thing. (Each column of data in one cell.) Is there a way in excel to search for a space and replace with split cells. And the document is 58 pages long. Jess, click on Data, Text to columns, Delimited and click on space then finish. This should do it. Gilles "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Using Texts in Cells
I have a list of parts numbers (alphabetical and numeric) and want to use these in a sum. How can I include these in a sum eg if C1= EV1, C2=EV2? Alternatively if not possible can I use the SUBSTITUTE function to pick this text from a list Thanks in advance do you wnat to do a sum or a count? if a count, check the countif() function in help "Duncan" wrote: > I have a list of parts numbers (alphabetical and numeric) and want to use > these in a sum. > How can I include these in a sum eg if C1= EV1, C2=EV2? > Alternatively if not possible can I use the SUBSTITUTE func...

Drop Down list with colours
Hi, Is there any way in Excel to create a drop down list which contains colours? For example to show RAG status (i.e. Red Amber Green). At the moment I can only show text in the drop down list. Would anyone know a way of working around this? Thanks. Thanks Roger, and Chip, for replying. I was playing around with it and found that I could conditionally format the cell depending on the text selected - so if I choose "RED" it goes red. It's just about enough to work for what I intend to use it for, but I'll experiment with your suggestion in case I need to develop thi...

Auto insert tab name in cell
Is there a function to use the Tabname or sheetname in a cell? Norm, Use the following formula: =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,99) The file must have been saved for this to work. "Norm" <aka_norm@charter.net> wrote in message news:vvu5amfnisfacf@corp.supernews.com... > Is there a function to use the Tabname or sheetname in a cell? > Thx chip Chip Pearson wrote: > Norm, > > Use the following formula: > > =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))...

Drop Downs and lookups from other sheets
I have a workbook where the front sheet is a display page and the three sheets behind are reserved for data tables. What I want to do is have one cell in the front page which is a drop down and selects names from one of the tables on the other sheets. From there I can use Vlookup to populate the info from the tables on the front page based on that name. The problem is I can't seem to get this list of names from another sheet. Every time I try, I get an error. How would I do this? thanks! Hi,. first insert a name for your list in the other sheet, go to insert, name, ...

how do I change the lerrers in the header of each cell to a name?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet that names or at least name the firstcell so that it will be present even when I scroll down . is this possible? I think you are talking about Freeze Panes. Select cell A2, assuming you have headers or whatever in A1, then click on Windows - Freeze Panes. Now scroll down and you will see that row 1 stays visible at all times. Is this what you want? HTH Otto "robush3" <robush3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8664E670-87FF-486A-8E8A-4B51002B5ACF@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a spreadsheet that names o...

Drop-down data not appearing in exported XML
I'm exporting data as XML from an Excel spreadsheet. Cells with plain text in them work fine, but cells with a selection from a drop-down list do not. The XML file shows everything is there, except data from cells with drop-down selections. No error message generated, just no trace of the data. Any suggestions? thanks kc Fixed the problem. Found out that the drop-downs were actually objects placed on top of the cell, the options were not coded into the cells themselves. "Kristi" <kristi@NOSPAMinscriber.com> wrote in message news:MaCdnWD2xtF6CtveRVn-qQ@golden.net... > ...

Drop down list #8
I created a drop down list using the data, validation menu. It works well. However, I only have two items in the list and I am wondering if there is a better way to alternate between them. With the drop down list it takes a couple of clicks. First you select the cell, then you click to drop down the list, then you highlight the item, then you click on it. Is there a way to select the alternate item with fewer clicks? Don, You need only click the cell, click the dropdown button, then click the desired item. Three clicks. This event-fired sub will alternate between "Choice a&qu...

dragging array UDFs
Hi I built an array function and it is working well. However when I dra it to other cel regions I got the message "VALUE". The exact formul and the code is below. Thanks for any help. Eduardo Exact formula: {=samLMR(B5:B20;0;0)} Code: x is a sorted array. Public Function samLMR(x As Variant, Optional a As Double = 0# Optional b As Double = 0#) As Variant Dim xmom() As Double Dim xm() As Double Dim sum(8) As Double Dim R As Integer Dim C As Integer Dim ReturnColumn As Boolean R = Selection.Rows.Count C = Selection.Columns.Count n = x.Count n = n - nfails If R < C Then nm...

My Drag Image Flickers
Hi guys, My drag image flickers, I understand the cause of this (I think) but I don't know how to fix it. I use this to auto-scroll during a drag and drop: // in OnTimer() m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(FALSE); SendMessage(WM_VSCROLL,MAKEWPARAM(SB_LINEDOWN,0),NULL); m_pDragImage->DragShowNolock(TRUE); So since I'm hiding it, then showing it again, it flickers. Can I fix this ? Thanks, Robert A. ...

Convert multiple rows of text into columns...
I have rows of text and figures that I need to separate into columns. Excel 2003 will only let me do one row at a time. Is there an add-on that will allow me to convert multiple rows? Thanks. silas silas There are various methods.....worksheet functions or macros. If we had a representative sample of your data layout and what you want done with it we could make a better decision. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 15:32:23 -0600, "silas" <silas.NOSPAMprophet@gmail.com> wrote: >I have rows of text and figures that I need to separate into columns. Excel...

Repost: Copy and Offset cell reference
Hi Groupies: I posted this a couple of days ago, but I missed the functions group, no reply yet. I was asked if this was possible and I can not think of how, hopefully, somebody can help me. On Sheet 2, I have the following data: cell B2 =sheet1$N$14 cell B3 =sheet1$N$32 On sheet 3, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$15 cell B3 =sheet1$N$33 On sheet 4, I need to have cell B2 =sheet1$N$16 cell B3 =sheet1$N$34 Basically, each sheet is a different month and the references need to be offset each time. This needs to be done a number of times in this and other workbooks. Is there an efficie...

how do I set up a header or a footer in the dropping down menu to.
I am trying to set up a footer that I can use throughout many workbooks, just not the sheets. Is there a way do this by setting it up as a predetermined footer or header in the drop down menu You can use a template for new workbooks and new sheets that includes the headers and footers you want. See Help for more information. But this will affect only new workbooks and worksheets, not existing ones. For them, you'll have to change each one manually. On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 12:03:05 -0700, Chrisanna <Chrisanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to set up a footer that ...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Insert Rows into an existing array
I have a spreadsheet with a series of formulas in various columns. I now want to insert more rows that will follow the formula rules of the existing columns. How do I overcome the message "you cannot change part of an array"? Thanks in advance Pav, Go to the cells that have the array entered formula, select them, enter edit mode (when the first cell is the active cell), press home, and insert a single quote, then press Ctrl-Enter (not Ctrl0Shift-Enter). Do this for all multi-cell array formulas. Then insert your rows, then reselect the cells (plus extra for the newly inserted ...

Align & Compare row with column
Current Scenario: A1: USB 2.0, B1: USB, C1: Type A A2: FW, B2: FW400 A3: Serial, B3: DB-9, C3: RS-232 I have another list. F1: TypeA F2: DB-9 G1: USB 2.0 G2: RS-232 G3: FW400 H1: USB H2: Serial H3 FW What I want is to sort A1:C3 row wise, and it will compare with column F,G & H. if column F matched with row1 then a particular value should be appear. In other words no matter what data lies in A1:A4....its order should be like F1:H1 Thanks in advance. Hi If I understand you correctly, HLOOKUP is the way to go. In A1 type =F1 and copy this through to column C In A2 type =IF(HLOOK...

copy cell format?
I have two worksheets. One I use to insert data, the other to summariz the data I entered. On the data sheet, I have a few items that ar bold/red. I'm using ='data'!b2 to copy the cell contents from the data sheet int the summary sheet, it copies the content, but not the forma (bold/red). How can I correct this? J -- Ltat42 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2473 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49803 Formulas can only r...

Trying to drop MSCRMDistribution table
I'm trying to delete the CRM tables from SQL, but keep getting "Error 3724: Cannot drop the database because it is being used for replication.". I ran sp_removedbreplication against all of them, and I was able to delete the first three, but the MSCRMDistribution table is still there. The database icon in Enterprise Manager does not have a hand underneath, so I'm not sure why I'm getting this error. How can I drop this table? In case anyone is wondering why I'm doing this, I attempted to install CRM earlier this week, but things went astray with the IIS setti...

delete rows with header, excluding 1st row
Headers are repeated several times between rows A1:A1000. Need to delete all rows where header "DAY" is in column A, except for the first instance (A1). try code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim N As Long With ActiveSheet N = .Cells(.Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Do Until N = 1 If StrComp(.Cells(N, "A"), "DAY", vbTextCompare) = 0 Then .Rows(N).Delete End If N = N - 1 Loop End With End Sub Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional, Excel, 1998 - 2010 Pearson S...