Does Office 2003 Pro Excel have auto-save?

I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro.  I found auto recovery but
that is not what I am looking for.  I think it may be an add-in.
Thanks!
0
ehop (1)

ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson:

If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via
windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs

If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin
from an earlier version, it should work ok.

But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery.  It's not the same as
autosave,
but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows crashes.

As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
called AutoSafe (note spelling).

It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a
user
selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
puts
them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups from
the
recycle bin.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
(look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)

Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open
the
last version it saved.

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2002 & 2003

"ehop" <ehop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro.  I found auto recovery
but
> that is not what I am looking for.  I think it may be an add-in.
> Thanks!

tools-options and select the save tab, this is where you can set the autsave
time

"Paul B" wrote:

> ehop, From a previous post by Dave Peterson:
>
> If you're running xl2k or earlier, install the autosave addin via
> windows|Start button|settings|control panel|Add or remove programs
>
> If you're running xl2002+, then if you can find a copy of the autosave addin
> from an earlier version, it should work ok.
>
> But xl2002+ has something called autorecovery.  It's not the same as
> autosave,
> but will allow you to recover files if excel/windows crashes.
>
> As an alternative, you may want to consider using Jan Karel Pieterse's addin
> called AutoSafe (note spelling).
>
> It doesn't overwrite the existing workbook when it saves.  It saves to a
> user
> selectable folder.  And when it's done, it either deletes these backups (or
> puts
> them in the recycle bin).  And the user can always restore the backups from
> the
> recycle bin.
>
> http://www.jkp-ads.com/Download.htm
> (look for AutoSafe.zip, not autosafeVBE.zip, for your purposes.)
>
> Jan Karel's version will know if there was a crash and prompt you to open
> the
> last version it saved.
>

> --
> Paul B
> Always backup your data before trying something new
> Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it
> Feedback on answers is always appreciated!
> Using Excel 2002 & 2003
>
> "ehop" <ehop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am trying to set up Auto save in Excel 2003 Pro.  I found auto recovery
> but
> > that is not what I am looking for.  I think it may be an add-in.
> > Thanks!

0
barry1 (69)

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

Outlook2k7 over VPN Out of Office Assistant problem
User's computer is not a member of the domain. Mail flows and all looks good till you start the OOF thing. It will just tell you it cannot connect to the server because it's currently unavailable. Now when we add autodiscover.domain.com pointing to the Exchange server to the host file of that computer it works but why? Without it when you run a test it will tell you that a Srv Record lookup for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) or Local autodiscover for domain.com FAILED (0x8004010F) yaro Hello yaro, Thanks for your post. The error 0x8004010F usually means MAPI_E_NOT_FOU...

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Office:mac v.X #2
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I have subject version of Office. I know that there must be updates to this so I can bring this up to date but I can seem to find the ones I need to start the process. Can someone get me to the beginning? Thanks!!! You can get the Office X 10.1.9 update here: http://snipurl.com/22zx4 On 3/30/08 3:09 PM, in article ee96b4c.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com" <AWOLGolfer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel &g...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Outlook 2003

Office XP to Office 2004 Question
Hi, I am sure this question has been asked many times, but I've never had occasion to look at Mac NGs before, so please accept my apologies. I am a Windows XP user who is contemplating the change to a Mac. I have Office XP Pro installed on my Windows machine, and I accept that I'll need to get the Mac Office (Office 2004?) when I change over. I understand that Word, Excel & Powerpoint files should migrate in a fairly straightforward manner, but I am less sure about Outlook to Entourage. (I'm assuming here that Entourage is the Mac 'equivalent' of Outlook?) I h...

Excel Crash

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Urgent
How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add new data in my spreadsheet? -- Sandi Gardner "Sandi" <Sandi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4D8613F-13C3-4C1B-9576-95E44B0AE156@microsoft.com... > How do I get my X axis and Y axis to auto scale inside my chart when I add > new data in my spreadsheet? The default is to do so. Check Format Axis/ Scale, and ensure that Auto is ticked for Min & Max. -- David Biddulph That works for my Y axis but I also need my X axis to auto scale also. -- Sandi Gardner "David B...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages