division formula #2

when i try to divide 100 by 0, its gives me error message #DIV/0!. This i
undersatnd is immpossible. But can i setup a formula if any number being
divided by zero the outcome should be zero or n/a.
Thanks
0
Rohit1 (18)

One way:

A1 = 100
A2 = 0 (or empty cell which evaluates to 0)

=IF(A2=0,0,A1/A2)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rohit" <Rohit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to divide 100 by 0, its gives me error message #DIV/0!. This i
> undersatnd is immpossible. But can i setup a formula if any number being
> divided by zero the outcome should be zero or n/a.
> Thanks

0
biffinpitt (3172)
11/2/2009 4:16:16 AM
Rohit,
 Yes, it is possible. In the Cell that has the result as "#DIV/0!"
Type:
 "=IF(ISERROR(C1/D1),0,(C1/D1))"
where 0 is zero or substitue "n/a"
hth

"Rohit" wrote:

> when i try to divide 100 by 0, its gives me error message #DIV/0!. This i
> undersatnd is immpossible. But can i setup a formula if any number being
> divided by zero the outcome should be zero or n/a.
> Thanks
0
FloMM2 (102)

Is there a TAB formula?
I'm trying to setup a barcode scanner and I wanted to see if excel has a formula to TAB when inputting data. see response in .programming -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Bill Maxwell" <sam@nodamnspam.com> wrote in message news:uxWD1bM%23EHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to setup a barcode scanner and I wanted to see if excel has a > formula to TAB when inputting data. > > ...

division in access to round-up if division not whole number
when dividing a by b giving c; need to round-up c if it is not a whole number Excel has roundup but Access is devoid of this function. Round( a / b ) should give you what you need. That's actually Round( a / b, 0) where the number to the right of the comma is the number of decimals to round. As the helpfile in Access notes, if this is omitted, integers are returned. "ddiel" wrote: > when dividing a by b giving c; need to round-up c if it is not a whole number > Excel has roundup but Access is devoid of this function. "ddiel" <ddiel@discussio...

Help with Calculation #2
Hi, I have the following XLS with 3 sheets: Credits, Inventory & Debits. Credits sheet (Stock sold) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field) & 'Quantity' Inventory fields: 'Product' (Text field), 'Company', 'Supplier', 'Product Code', 'Quantity', 'Cost Price' & 'Retail Price'. Debits Sheet (Stock bought) columns: 'Product Code', 'Product' (Text field), 'Quantity' & 'Total cost'. New stock entered as 'Product Code', 'Product', 'Quantity&#...

Changing mode #2
I have installed a new Exchange 2003 server, moved all of my mailboxes from my 5.5, and pretty much completed all of the steps except: I cannot seem to get rid of the last couple of references to my 5.5 server. I have installed the 5.5 administrator and removed all references to the old server there, but the server still appears in the System Manager and the "System Configuration" system folder still has a replecation entry. When I try to remove the replecation entry, I enter the domain Administrator ID and password but I keep getting an error 80070005 - permission denial. T...

Is this an Index/Match formula?
Hello - I have 2 tabs of data. The first tab has info by product and its qualifying vendors and non-qualifying vendors (the vendors are in seperate columns) ColumnA ColumnB ColumnsC ColumnD ColumnE Product X Vendor1 Vendor2 Vendor3 Vendor4 Column A will always be unique Columns B and C are qualifying vendors and Column D and E are non-qualifying. In the second tab I have the following: ColumnA ColumnB Product Vendor What formula do I use to tell me if the vendor is Qualifying (Q) or Non-Qualifying (N) or blank if the vendor is not included in the li...

Format when viewing formulas
I'm trying to get two prints of the same document: one showing absolute numbers and the other showing the formulas. When I'm pressing ctrl+~ to show functions for my 2nd print, the format is changing. The cells are getting too wide, so I end up getting only the left half of the document in print preview. How do I change the document to show functions with the format staying the same so I can print it??? Thanks. One way: Page Setup/Page/Fit to 1 page(s) wide. In article <D2EAE056-FC1E-4F40-BA48-974B191C4B8D@microsoft.com>, "bruno" <bruno@discussions.micro...

A formula problem.
Hi all Im new to the forum. I have 2 questions re excel 97. I hav created a spread sheet for a friends lawncare business. It has columns. The first one is a description of the service. The second on is the quantity of service. The third one is the unit price. And th fourth one is the total price. I have it set up so that the fourt column multiplies the coulmn with the quantity. It works fine excep that it prints a $0.00 in the total column if there is nothing in th quintity column. Is there a formula that would allow me to make it s if there is no number in the quantity column , it would ju...

Help with If formula
This is my formula which works ok. =IF(D6<D16,"","over") What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are greater than D16 then "over" but I get to many arguements. I have tried D6:D7<D16 and a couple of other things but cant get it to work. "ss" <weels51@hotmail.com> wrote: > This is my formula which works ok. > =IF(D6<D16,"","over") > What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same > formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are > ...

moving from cell to cell #2
When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release that cell. It's like its stuck on there. It will high light every cell, but it won't let go of the very first cell, and I can't use any menus after that....Any thoughts??? This may help: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.excel.misc&mid=55aeb349-f4d5-4b8f-94ff-f98b605c40ae&sloc=en-us -- Gary's Student "Stumped" wrote: > When I first start up excel and click on a cell, it will not let me release > that cell. It's like ...

Group Policy #2
Can we provide LOCAL AREA CONNECTION (LAN CONNECTION ) access to a normal user without providing him Administrativr rights.? ...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

How do I average a formula without calculating zero values?
I want to average a column, except for the cells that have zero as a value. How do I do this? Thanks! =AVERAGE(IF(rng<>0,rng)) which is an array formula so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "KMHarpe" <KMHarpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DA83589C-D838-4A91-8703-40B48668DBD6@microsoft.com... > I want to average a column, except for the cells that have zero as a value. > How do I do this? > > Thanks! ...

calendar synchronisation between 2 computers
Hello, i've 2 computers with outlook. How can I share or synchronize the outlook calendar data between 2 computers? Thanx, Marco ...

Formula to find diff in columns
I have spreadsheets with cost centers where the information feeds to a summary sheet. When it does not balance how is the easiest way to find a new cost center? I would like a formula to compare the detail wksht to the summary and tell me which cost center on the detail is not on the summary so that I can add it. Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "birdbernal" <birdbernal@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:F0A8DC88-6D2A-409C-AC94-499DDAB5AB19@microsoft.com... > I have spreads...

Look up #2
Hi, I have the following table which contain a description of an item and its weight A B Hat 1 red x Hat 1 blue x Hat 2 pink y Hat 3 grey z Cap 1 blue w I want to set the column B according to lookup: C D Hat 1 Hat 2 Hat 3 Cap 1 I am trying the following code to get it to work IF(SEARCH("Hat 1";$A1);VLOOKUP("Hat 1";C1:D4;2);if(SEARCH("Hat 2";.... This is a rather clumbsy way to do it specially because my table as a large number of different items. Does anyone have a suggestion on to perform this operation in a better way? Thank y...

copy exact formulas
Is there a way to copy formulas EXACTLY as they appear, without the cell references moving around? I mean, if I have the following formula in cell A1: =5+A5+A6 I want to copy it to the cell C1, but I want it to be the exact formula =5+A5+A6, not to change the reference to the C column I know a way to do it is to go in the cell, select the formulas "text" and then paste it, but that doesnt work in case of multiple cells.. guillermo "Guillermo" <gmozavala@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:eB5zIdsuEHA.1712@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to copy...

Office for Mac 2008 #2
I installed Office 2008 for Mac on my new iMac running Leopard. Set-Up Assistant keeps quitting with the message that it encountered a problem and needs to close. How do I get past this problem? <basketlady@officeformac.com> wrote: > I installed Office 2008 for Mac on my new iMac running Leopard. Set-Up > Assistant keeps quitting with the message that it encountered a problem > and needs to close. How do I get past this problem? I haven't seen this issue yet, but it could be either a permissions issue (use DiskUtility to repair Permissions) or a preference file corruption...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Formula question??
I need to know if there is a way to create a formula that will allow me to enter multiple values in a cell at different times and this formula will sum there values. Example: I would enter 10 in cell B3. An hour later I might enter 25 also in cell B3. After the second entry I would want it to automaticaly display 35. Is this possible and how would it be done? Thanks for your help. At the bottom there is a formula solution turning on iterations http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/accumulator.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Brad Grow" <Brad Grow@discussions.microsoft....

Bank rec module #2
Hi Everybody - Does anybody know of a third party bank reconcillation module that bolts into GP? We needs something that can tie into our banks directly - get real time numbers, do postings etc... You can take a look at a product from Nolan Computers. http://www.nolancomputers.com/dynamics/abr.aspx -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi Everybody - > > Does anybody know of a third party bank reconcillation module that bolts > into GP? We needs something that can tie into our banks directly - get real > time numbers, do postings etc... ...

St. Alphonsus Liguori on 2-20-06
Saint Alphonsus Liguori says, "Today is important. Tomorrow is important. There is no day not important to the life of any living human being. Granted, some days stress more emphasis on personal matters, conditions, facts, and what they are necessary for. Then, there are days that appear to be less orderly, and yet are days that must be morally, mentally practiced in a moral standard of thinking and in actions that are dignified in every way." REVELATION DELIVERED THROUGH FRANCES M. KLUG ON FEBRUARY 20,2006 AT 1:50 P.M. SAINT ALPHONSUS LIGUORI "I am Saint Alphonsus L...

How would you do this formula?
how would I do a formula if the rules for the contest that Im working on read like this...If you sell $800 you get 2 points and each additional $100 you sell you get an additional $100 to a max of 10. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200508/1 Hi, Use =IF(A1<800,0,MIN(10,2+(ROUND(A1-800,-2)/100))) where the sales are in cell A1. For the increase above 800, the increased is rounded off to the nearest 100. Regards Govind. Trisha V via OfficeKB.com wrote: > how would I do a formula if the rules for the contest that Im working on ...

Division as a %
What am I doing wrong. example: 100 divided by 3 = a third which = 33.3%. Using =b2/c2 and cell formulated for % gives me 3333% I am not understanding this. ss schreef in news:NlSxq.47805$th7.9112@newsfe07.ams2 > What am I doing wrong. > example: > > 100 divided by 3 = a third which = 33.3%. > Using =b2/c2 and cell formulated for % gives me 3333% > > I am not understanding this. 100/3 = 33.33 = 3333%. -- Alex. On 19/11/2011 19:50, Alex Plantema wrote: > ss schreef in news:NlSxq.47805$th7.9112@newsfe07.ams2 > >> What am I doing wrong. >> example:...

faxes from global address book? #2
using outlook 2002. i can send a fax to a contact in my personal address book because it comes up with the various options in the list like user (email), user (business fax), user (blah blah) etc etc... but when i want to do this from the global address book the options are not there (even though there is an entry for fax number in the global address book) also if i try and add the global contact to my personal address book, the fax number field is blank.. any thoughts>? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usen...

Division
Basic one this...but Excel makes it reasonably clear how to add and multiply, but not how to divide. I want the values in column S to be those in column P divided by 0.75. How do I do this please? Thanks David Ah. Do I multiply P by 1.3333? -- David Kitching Msc. Msc. Managing Director Natural Deco Ltd. The Manor Manor Lane Loxley Warwickshire CV35 9JX UK. Tel: +44 (0) 1789 470040 Mob: +44 (0) 7799 118518 www.naturaldeco.co.uk "David" <curvedball@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:mfCdnfpxeLxurFrZRVnyvA@bt.com... > > > Basic one this...but Excel makes it r...