Display one row at a time

											Total						Total	Low	Adjusted 	Final
			Pt	Test #1	Pt	Test #2	Pt	Test #3	Midterm		Points		Pt	Test #4	Pt	Final
Points	grade	 points	Average
Students			 #1		 #2		 #3		Test				 #4		#5	Test
Sam			5	88	10	73					176						176	73	103	14.71428571
Harry 			0	95	5	88					188						188	88	100	14.28571429
Beth 			4	100	8	65					177						177	65	112	16
Sally			10	70	5	42					127						127	42	85	12.14285714
											0						0	0	0	0

I have a grade book and I wish to be able to blank out only indicated rows
thus allowing privacy to the students viewing the grades on screen.

I’ve attached my basic worksheet.   As you can see I have frozen the titles.
 Now what I want to do is make everything beyond the first student disappear
upon command and then reappear as needed.

Any ideas?

Just Autofilter on the name

--
Regards
              Sys Spec - Win XP Pro /  XL 97/00/02/03

"Sirvincent" <Sirvincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Total Total Low Adjusted Final
> Pt Test #1 Pt Test #2 Pt Test #3 Midterm Points Pt Test #4 Pt Final
> Points grade points Average
> Students #1 #2 #3 Test #4 #5 Test
> Sam 5 88 10 73 176 176 73 103 14.71428571
> Harry 0 95 5 88 188 188 88 100 14.28571429
> Beth 4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16
> Sally 10 70 5 42 127 127 42 85 12.14285714
> 0 0 0 0 0
>

> I have a grade book and I wish to be able to blank out only indicated rows
> thus allowing privacy to the students viewing the grades on screen.
>
> I've attached my basic worksheet.   As you can see I have frozen the
titles.
>  Now what I want to do is make everything beyond the first student
disappear
> upon command and then reappear as needed.
>
> Any ideas?

0
ken.wright (2489)
3/19/2005 5:05:47 PM
Just another play to try out ..

Assume the table below is in Sheet1,
cols A to J, headers (H1, H2, ... H9) in B1:J1
data from row2 down

---- H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 H6 H7 H8 H9
Sam 5 88 10 73 176 176 73 103 14.7
Harry 0 95 5 88 188 188 88 100 14.3
Beth 4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16.0
Sally 10 70 5 42 127 127 42 85 12.1
etc

Note that students' names are assumed unique in col A, and Sheet1 will be
assumed hidden away for privacy reasons, as required

In Sheet2 (this will be the enquiry sheet)
-------------
Let's set aside cell A1 for the input of the student's name
(Input a name into A1, say: Beth )

Paste the col headers (H1, H2, ... H9)
over from Sheet1 into A2:I2

Put in A3:

=IF(TRIM($A$1)="","",IF(ISNA(MATCH(TRIM($A$1),Sheet1!$A:$A,0)),"",INDEX(Shee
t1!B:B,MATCH(TRIM($A$1),Sheet1!$A:$A,0))))

Copy A3 across to I3

A3:I3 will display the results from Sheet1
for the name entered in A1, i.e. you'll get for "Beth"

Beth
H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 H6 H7 H8 H9
4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16

If the input in A1 is cleared, or if the name entered in A1 does not match
with those in col A in Sheet1, nothing [""] will show in A3:I3

--
Rgds
Max
"Sirvincent" <Sirvincent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Total Total Low Adjusted Final
> Pt Test #1 Pt Test #2 Pt Test #3 Midterm Points Pt Test #4 Pt Final
> Points grade points Average
> Students #1 #2 #3 Test #4 #5 Test
> Sam 5 88 10 73 176 176 73 103 14.71428571
> Harry 0 95 5 88 188 188 88 100 14.28571429
> Beth 4 100 8 65 177 177 65 112 16
> Sally 10 70 5 42 127 127 42 85 12.14285714
> 0 0 0 0 0
>

> I have a grade book and I wish to be able to blank out only indicated rows
> thus allowing privacy to the students viewing the grades on screen.
>
> I've attached my basic worksheet.   As you can see I have frozen the
titles.
>  Now what I want to do is make everything beyond the first student
disappear
> upon command and then reappear as needed.
>
> Any ideas?

0
demechanik (4694)

How to handle blank date and time?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2 I am developing a database application using MS Access 2000. The problem I am dealing with is how to handle if the user does not enter the date. There is a condition where they can do that for Finish Process Date / Finish Process Time. I make the Date and Time as separate fields, both in the database and the application. On my application I use the COleDateTime data type. I have to save the blank Date and the blank Time, and I also have to acquire them back in order to display the data using the CListCtrl. What I am confusing is how to make the query? Is it...

Dual Displays

Gotta ask one more time ...
Hi Folks, Can anyone explain to me how I can create a budget based on my own numbers - without the program (2003) changing them based on my previous spending? Isn't the whole point of a budget to STAY within the budgeted limits? I just can't figure out why the budgeting feature arbitrarily changes my budgeted values. Even when I start over from scratch, with a new budget, it just repopulates it the way it wants to - ignoring the numbers I put in to the budget planner. I have ignored the autobudget altogether. I have clicked autobudget and unchecked all the values. I have begged and...

Folder could not be displayed

One more TIME
Hi all After downloading data it is presented with a decimal(period) between the hours and minutes i.e.7.20 is really 7 hours and 20 minutes. Some data appears in hundreds eg 985.35. I need to compare this data with other correctly formatted timed data ie 7:20 to establish variances. I realise that i could use Tools/Autocorrect replacing the decimal with a colon but this changes the 7.20 to 07:02 and there is the danger that I might forget to change it back later. Is there a solution? Can this be done automatically by macro etc as there is quite a lot of data. Thanks in advance. Angelo Hi ...

Message Box On One Sheet Only
I have a large spreadsheet with multiple worksheets in it. When one specific worksheet is selected (it does the calculations used on the other pages) I would like a pop-up text box to appear warning the user not to print it. Is there a relatively easy way to do this given that I can't write VB (though I can follow it in the VB editor)? I have been able to create a pop-up that appears on every page by putting an Auto_Open Msgbox in the ThisWorkbook module, but can't figure out how to get it to work on only one worksheet - is this a syntax probem or can't it be done?. Anoth...

How to select & display distinct values

Display Time in Outlook

PK and FK Displayed

Changing Constants in several macros in one go
Dear Experts: For a table macro (see below) I have defined two constants ... .... strConstantBlue: representing the RGB value for borders, .... strConstantBlue_2: representing the RGB value for background pattern color. I got SEVERAL similar table macros all with the SAME constants, i.e. .... strConstantBlue and .... strConstantBlue_2. How can I set NEW values for these two constants in all the affected macros in one go, using an InputBox? That is, after entering the new values for the constant <strConstantBlue>, say (44,33,22), the values for these constants have to ...

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Two address/one box
Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. Thanks! You can set up an alias for the person within the exchange properties (sorry can't remember which tab) "Sam" wrote: > Due to a server crash we made changes to email addresses. Now some people > are not receiving their email. Can we have two email addresses going into > one email box? How? Please be specific as I am new at this. > Thanks! ...

Stop displaying a line

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

calendar time scale
Using Exchange 2003, all clients Outlook 2002. Is there any way to set up a calendar in a public folder to have the same time-scale view of 15 minute increments for all users? thanks ...

Display or not display series

Displaying an equation
I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have equations in them. I want to have a cell that displays this equation with the answers that are calculated from these other cells displayed as values in the new equation. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Check out http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/formula.htm#getformula In article <E4143E2B-360A-4B43-955F-73BF8EC60694@microsoft.com>, "hoising8" <hoising8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an equation setup that is referencing a few other cells that have > eq...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

One place where deleted investments still lurk
Last week I found something that may only be of interest to ppl that are extremely anal-retentive about keeping their Money files as clean as possible. Although newer versions of Money allow investments to be deleted (older versions only hid such investments) I recently found one place where deleted investments are still listed. When setting up an option using "Other" for underlying interest type, I'm given a drop-down to select the underlying interest from a list in order of creation (most such drop-downs are in alphabetical order) which lists long-dead investments that...

New Email does not display
When new email arrives you don't know it. You don't know you have new mail until you click on an existing email in your inbox. Any ideas? It's a setting. But... 1. You don't tell us the program you're using. 2. We can't guess if it's Outlook or Outlook Express. 3. This is the Excel newsgroup; you're in the wrong place. :) ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D864BC01-7D98-48DA-A132-614D02E45963@microsoft.com... > When new email arrives you don't know ...