Display in same cell lbs(kgs) using formula to auto-convert lbs

I would like to have a cell show #lbs(#kgs) in that format. But have the kgs
measurement autoconvert from the entered lbs number. So the formula would
look something like this Xlbs(Ykgs=X*0.454). I would also similarily like to
have a #in(#cm) cell setup but I am guessing it would resemble the prescribed
solution formula and only differ in the multipied conversion number. Thanks.
0
Burnby (1)

Do you want the input and display in the same cell? You won't be able to do
that without VBA. But if you input a number in A1, e.g. 25 you can make B1
display

25lbs(11.35kgs) with a formula like

=A1&"lbs("&A1*0.454&"kgs)"

"Ian Burnby" wrote:

> I would like to have a cell show #lbs(#kgs) in that format. But have the kgs
> measurement autoconvert from the entered lbs number. So the formula would
> look something like this Xlbs(Ykgs=X*0.454). I would also similarily like to
> have a #in(#cm) cell setup but I am guessing it would resemble the prescribed
> solution formula and only differ in the multipied conversion number. Thanks.

Return a cell refernce based on a value
I have a value in worksheet A which is "x". In worksheet B column A have a list of values i.e. a,b,c,d...x,y,z and in column B I hav values relating to those in coumn A i.e. column A row 1 value is "a column B row 1 value is "apple", column A row 2 value is "b" and colum B row 2 value is "balloon", how do I get teh first worksheet to rea the value in one cell, find it in column A of the other worksheet an give back the value on teh same row in column B? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi use the VLOOKUP function =VLOOKU...

Dual Displays

Define name box size too small for viewing large formulas
Hi, When we create a new name using insert and define name then if the formula is long it becomes difficult to view the whole formula. Also one is not able to use navigation buttons left,right here as if we do that then the formula gets modified. is there any way to see the whole formula. Like for creating ever expanding validation list using Debra's technique one uses offset etc but one is not able to view the whole big formula. Please guide me. Regards, Hari India Hi try hitting F2 while in this text box. After this you should be able to navigate within this box. -- Regards Frank ...

Find cell which returned maximum value in formula
-- De De, try this, =CELL("address",INDEX(A:A,MATCH(MAX(A:A),A:A,0))) will show the first one if there are more than one -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "De" <De@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A17DFFDA-BE05-463C-B68D-65FE235E6098@microsoft.com... > > -- > De Thanks, Paul, but I found this hard to follow. Excel kept returning that I had disabled macros but yo...

Folder could not be displayed

Dynamic Range Based on Cell Result not Empty Cell
I use dynamic ranges in excel. I use them to name ranges that vary i size due to varyin data. For example, I may dump data in F2 which ma span 3 rows or 100 rows. I use the following formula to name th range: =OFFSET($F$2,0,0,COUNTA($F2:$F65536),1) However, I now want to define the range based on the cell result. Tha is assume that I have a constant formula from F2 to F102. However th cells in the column either have a number in them or a "" in them. Th formula above will automatically size the range to F2:F102 becuas there is a formula in every row. How can i write a formua...

Using "Count" in Queries
I'm having trouble with a query I'm working on. I am running it with multiple criteria and it works perfectly fine. However, when I change the "Total" row from "Group by" to "Count" the query comes up blank. The only time the query performs as it should, with the counts, is when I delete the criteria for all the other fields. How can I get the count to work while still keeping the specific criteria the same? Thank you in advance for the help! Tim wrote: >I'm having trouble with a query I'm working on. I am running it with mul...

your help system is the worst of any software i've used.unable to.
tirying to fill in a column in my spreadsheet automatically.I want to start with the number 1 and increase by 1, e.g 1,2,3 etc, in a column of cells I've selected.believe it or not using your help system I was unable to find out how to perform this extremely elementary operation. I was unable to find the fill option anywhere on the tool bar! I believe your help system needs to be really improved on! Hi Pinkie In A1 put 1, in A2 put 2 Highlight both cells and drag the little black box in the bottom right of Cell A2, down as far as you need. Autofill is the keyword search in Help, an...

How to select & display distinct values

Word Cells into Excel Cells #2
How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into cells within Excel *.xls. By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simply select table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want it to appear. J "gary" wrote: > How does one import a cell formatted Word file *.doc into > cells within Excel *.xls. > > > jayceejay Wrote: > By "cell formatted Word file", do you mean a table? I would simpl > select > table and click copy. Then open excel and paste it where you want i > to > ap...

using the down end
I am trying to use the down_end statement in a macro and it always lands on the same spot. I want to copy something from sheet_1 to the first open cell in sheet_2. This position will change each time I copy data to it. Can someone help me. Thank you. Ed Davis dlr=sheets("sheet2").cells(rows.count,"a").end(xlup).row+1 sheets("sheet1").range("something").copy sheets("sheet2").cells(dlr,1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote in message news:9...

Use this internet package from the M$
--eqgyhvndww Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qxlnbpukgd"; type="multipart/alternative" --qxlnbpukgd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kwuhqlnrc" --kwuhqlnrc Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer. Thi...

Display Time in Outlook

autofilling cells
say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and "c" in A10 - A21 TIA Hi Select your range of cells in column A. Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. Type = and then press up arrow. Then hit Shift Enter. If you are happy with this result, select the range again and Edit / Copy then Edit / Paste Special / Values to fix the values in place. Andy. "John Smith" <a__@abv.bg> wrote in message news:uZuZ1$8FEHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > say i have a in A1, b in A7, c in A9 > how do i insert a in A2 - A6, b in A8 and > "c&q...

PK and FK Displayed

Formulas are displayed, results are not

Convert Lead to a Contact under Existing Account
When a Lead comes in, there are times in which the Lead is already a current customer. There are times that this information is valuable so we would like to create it as a Contact underneath the already existing Account. When you go to convert the Lead, this option is not available. I don't want to bring them in as an opportunity. What are our options? It is surprising that this functionality is not available, but I'm getting used to it. :) Bobby, Why do you not want to use opportunities? When you convert the lead, you have the option to create only a contact record by sel...

Array formulas vs Getpivotdata
I think that the GETPIVOTDATA function should be promoted above the use of array formulas. I would appreciate comments from the experts. My major problem with array formulas (and the much more user friendly SUMPRODUCT function which I used later) is that they slow down a workbook a lot as they are computation demanding and are recalculated every time a cell is changed anywhere in the workbook. I am probably the only person still using Windows 98 and a PII with office 2000, so maybe it is not an issue for others! I have managed to get the same result using a pivottable and the GETPIVOTDATA fu...

Stop displaying a line

Insert formula to range of rows (Variable) from macro
I am getting a debug error 'Compile Error, Expected: end of statement' for the following formula insertion: Set Rng = Worksheets("Calculate").Range("E2:E30") Formula = "=IF(ISBLANK(D3)=TRUE,"Blank",IF(D3>=$D$2+($D$2*0.05),"Over",IF(D3<=$D$2-($C$2*0.05),"Under","Pass")))" Column B has a variable number of rows which I need to drag the formula down for so am putting rows 2-30 as there will never be more than this. Is there a better way of doing this? Any help appreciated Try Range("E2:...

Display or not display series