Deleting Duplicate Numbers In A Column: How ?

Hello,

Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a column.

Would like to delete duplicate numbers.

How can I do this, please ?

Thanks,
Bob

0
rgsros (38)

Is this the only data in your sheet? If so, then enter a heading in A1
if you don't already have one (insert a new row 1 if necessary). Then
highlight all the data including the heading and click Data | Filter |
Advanced Filter - here you can specify to filter in place and to have
Unique Records only, and then click OK.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Robert11 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have a long list of numbers, formatted the same, in a column.
>
> Would like to delete duplicate numbers.
>
> How can I do this, please ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

0
pashurst (2576)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

Rule for Deleted Items

I need to show the last number in a rows in the total pending row
I have a column where I list pending cases each month and I need to show the last number in the total pending cell at the bottom of the row. I can use an offset fomula which works if the pending cases begin in row 1. However, I am not able to get it to work if the pending cases begin in rows 4 or 5 as an example. Any suggestion? Rows don't have a bottom.............guess you meant Column. Last number in column A =LOOKUP(99^99,A:A) Last anything in column A =LOOKUP(2,1/(A1:A65535<>""),A1:A65535) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:30:08 -0800, Jen S ...

number of rows #2
I used autoformat so that my rows would alternate colors. But, it added a bunch of empty rows so that the sheet is maxed out and my file is huge. I don't need all those empty rows and I can't find a way to delete them. Any suggestions for how to get rid of the rows, or limit the number of rows on a worksheet? I know I could copy all the data to a new worksheet, but I'd like a better solution. Try this: click on the number of the first empty row, so the whole row is selected. Using the vertical scrollbar, go to the last row on the sheet. Hold down the shift key while you cli...

Adding note numbers to cells
I would like to be able to add printable cross-references to individual cells in Excel for Office 97 (or later). The references should appear as small text, such as a superscript in the corner of the cell. I can achieve an effect close to what I desire, by adding a "Comment" to a cell. The Comment would be just the cross-reference, and would be resized small as desired. But even if I set comments to "Show", they only appear on the screen but I want the effect to be printable. Help?? Thanks very much -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears Oh God, forg...

Delete macros

OK to delete Deleted Items folder?

How to delete chart

Delete blank Last page

how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel?
how to get the number of days between two date formatted fields in vba for excel? Hi Daniel, If they are Excel dates they represent the days and fractional days past Dec 31, 1899 if using the 1900 date system. So if you just have dates they have no fractional components and you just subtract the earlier date from the later date for the number of days. So it doesn't really matter if it is Excel or VBA same method. A1: 1998-11-28 B1: 2005-07-11 C1: =B1-A1 format c1 as number: #,##0 otherwise you will see: 1906-08-13 in VBA something like either of these, n...

Extracting the number from a text
Hi, In a cell say C3, the value is such as S9(09)V(05). the value of that cell might be in one of the following format: (1) S(9)V(5) (2) S9(09)V(05) (3) S9(9)V(05) (4) S9(09)V(5) (5) S(11) My requirement is: i need to get the numbers extracted which, is present before & after the letter 'V' & enclosed in parantheses. In some cases, the letter V may not be there. (for ex: point 5 - here, only one number is there ie.11) This extraction should happen ONLY if the cell E3 has the value "COMP-3." Thanks in Advance. Venkatesh V First number: =IF($E$3="COMP...

Deleting an email

office 97 box id number
Having problem with Office 97 pro...need to reinstall. Program asks for 1d on crystal box. Been 4 years since purchased, have no box. PC shows registration number. More numbers than asked for. How do I contact Microsoft to obtain number? Been thru site and only paid site accessible. Supposed to have 4 free inquiries. ...

#Deleted

Duplicate messages
Hi, I've followed a few of the posts relating to duplicate messages being downloaded in Outlook XP. I have a similar problem, but am not sure it is the same: I have 4 different email accounts with on 4 different POP3 servers. These accounts are also web accessible (so I can check them at work etc). I use a cable broadband connection and all 4 accounts use my ISPs outgoing mail server to send. So that messages are accessible however I access the accounts, Outlook is set not to delete them from the server. I am receiving multiple copies of some, but crucially not all, of my messages. ...

Can I delete this from ADSI?
Hi all, I am upgrating Exchange 2K to Exchange 2K3 and removed the Mobile information Server (which we never used it). But, I can see the CN=Microsoft-Mobile-Information-Server under configuration -->Services from ADSIedit. Can I safely delete this? or If I do not delete this, wii it have any issue with exchange 2003 mobile? Thanks! Exchange Server 2003 mobility features do not rely on that. Saving a LDIF dump may be a good idea before you delete - this provides ability to recreate the object if required. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.e...

outlook deletes inbox mail
On about three occaisions, my computer has restarted itself while Outlook Express, and sometimes other applications have been open, without my prompting it to do so. Upon rebooting, my Outlook inbox messages are completely wiped out, however, my sent folders and deleted messages, address book, ect. remain the same, and with no data lost. Can someone tell me what has happened, or perhaps how I can recover these lost emails? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, C.C. Outlook or Outlook Express? If Outlook Express and you search your drive (use advanced option for hidden f...

How do I combine multiple columns into just 1 column?
In my excel file, the address is split into 4 columns. I want to combine the 4 columns into 1. In a fifth column, use the concanenate function or amphisand to combine the information. Then drag down to copy for each row. =CONCATENATE(A1,B1,C1,D1) or =A1&B1&C1&D1 HTH "scosus" wrote: > In my excel file, the address is split into 4 columns. I want to combine the > 4 columns into 1. ...