default save directory for a templated worksheet

Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular
location for that template only?

e.g the 'Quotes' template saves to the quote directory
the Orders template saves to the orders directory

Thanks

Mike

Please clarify:  do you want to save the TEMPLATEs to those directories, or
do you want to save the files CREATED FROM THE TEMPLATES to those directories?

If the latter, you could do it with code imbedded within the template.

"Mike Lang" wrote:

> Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a particular
> location for that template only?
>
> e.g the 'Quotes' template saves to the quote directory
> the Orders template saves to the orders directory
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

0
DukeCarey (494)
9/8/2006 6:44:02 PM
The files created from the templates.

Thanks for the reply

"Duke Carey" <DukeCarey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please clarify:  do you want to save the TEMPLATEs to those directories,
> or
> do you want to save the files CREATED FROM THE TEMPLATES to those
> directories?
>
> If the latter, you could do it with code imbedded within the template.
>
> "Mike Lang" wrote:
>
>> Is there any easy way to automatically have a template save to a
>> particular
>> location for that template only?
>>
>> e.g the 'Quotes' template saves to the quote directory
>> the Orders template saves to the orders directory
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Mike

Empty Tables Don't Save to XML from Dataset
I'm loading tables from an XML file into a dataset. However, if a table has no records, that table doesn't get saved into the XML file. This causes problems when you ReadXML into the dataset and start trying to work with that table. What is the best way around this problem? ...

Outlook save Exchange credentials
All - I have an Outlook client that is off-site and connecting to an Exchange server. Outlook is configured for MAPI mode. When the client launches Outlook, he is prompted for Domain/Username/Password. He is able to sign in after filling out all three fields. How do I make Outlook save the Domain and User name? I once had a registy "punch" that accomplished this, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks! Tony Tony, Please check to see if the following policy is active on the client. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "don...

Hello How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange 2007? Thanks! Look up: New-RecipientDomain Get-EMailAddressPolicy New-EMailAddressPolicy Set-EMailAddressPolicy -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Ronald" <2omikk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uOf%23x$$nKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello > > How to add an additional email domain and make it default for Exchange > 2007? > > Thanks! > We have a dedicated group for SBS...

workplace default pane default tab
Hi, Strange as it may seem, some users cannot find "Default tab" and "Default pane" to customize in the General tab of the Workplace (either in Client or Web Access). Even those who already used it, do no find it anymore. How can this be achieved (customization / programming)? Thanks a lot. ...

Form defaults
Hi, I have a button on a form that disables and rearranges controls. I think I went into design view it it pressed and that control arrangement became the default. I cannot change it back though. I tried clicking the button twice and everything goes back to how it should be in form view. Then when I go to design mode everything goes to the wrong defaults. I hope that makes sense. Thanks for your help. ...

Editing, encoding and saving messages in OUTLOOK 2007
I came across a very peculiar phenomenon in OUTLOOK 2007. I edit received messages by deleting the “history” (the previous correspondence included by the sender) and leave only the new text written by the sender. I then save the messages “AS PLAIN TEXT”. The motivation is to keep the PST file small. When I reopen one of those edited received messages, I notice that the ENCODING is “Western European (Windows)”. When I change the ENCODING to “US ASCII”, ALL THE DELETED TEXT REAPPEARS! The described strange phenomenon implies that OUTLOOK didn’t actually delete the text rem...

Printing multiple worksheets on one page #3
Is this possible. I need to print 4 worksheets on one large page and print from the plotter. If not possible, any suggestions? Help . . . > Is this possible. I need to print 4 worksheets on one large page and > print from the plotter. If not possible, any suggestions? Help . . . One way is to use MS-Word. Insert a 2x2 table in a Word document. In each cell of the table, use either Insert >> Object >> Create from file or Insert >> Object >> Create new >> Microsoft Excel Worksheet If the ranges are smallish.... You could insert a new worksheet...

Does using varchar instead of char save space?
Hi, I came across a table in our database where 2 columns had datatypes of char(40) and char(20) respectively. For example, aggregating on the width of the char(40) column gives the following distribution: Width Count 37 1062 34 15 33 591 31 7636 30 96912 29 16068 28 13108 27 40326 26 9541 25 14695 24 31267 23 21026 22 4234 21 985 20 1287 19 9538 18 4003 17 7270 16 3621 15 4603 14 7391 13 1244 12 1965 11 88 10 1908 9 284 I changed the column definitions to be varchar(40) and varchar(20) and expected to see a space saving. However, this doesn't seem t...

Default Catagory
Is ther a way in Outlook 2002 and 2003 to set a default catagory to all new Calendar items when they are created i.e. "Work" and then add any others you require? Also can you add a catogory to all the existing items in the calendar again "Work" in one go without destorying any existing catogories? Thanks Shane ...

Save As #6
After opening excel, try to do a "save as" and it always want to go back and save in XLSTART directory, rather than where all the excel work is saved. Please tell me what I have to tell Excel to only pull from XLSTART at the beginning but save as where it says in the options section. Maybe I'm not following but when you do a Save As Excel always defaults to the path the workbook was opened from. The Default File Location sets the current path when Excel starts but the current path follows each Open or Save As. -- Jim "John McCabe" <jlmccabes@cfl.rr.co...

Change default outlook calendar
I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. How? David <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just went from outlook 2002 to outlook 2003 pro. > > I now have a default calendar that I would like to delete > because of all of its errors (duplicates, etc.) and > replace it with a clean copy of an alternative calendar. > How? Create a new PST and set it to be your default delivery locat...

Change default font and size for comments?
Does anyone know how to do the above? Many thanks Anita Hi Anita! Right-click on the desktop > Properties Appearance tab > Item dropdown, select Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK You'll see that you can change the font and colour as well. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font ...

Statistics on the popularity of Workgroups vs. Active Directory
Hi All, I am looking for statistics on the use of Workgroups vs. Active Directory. The licensing model for our product depends upon whether the client is a member of an Active Directory Domain. Supporting Workgroups may be problematic for us in the future, so we are wondering if there are numbers somewhere that might help us asses the impact of our decision. Cheers, Geoff Hello GLT101, Do you like to manage on each machine the same local user accounts and passwords for shared folder access? Each time on one machine it is changed, for full access you have to change it ...

Outlook slow saving attachments to nt 4.0 server
After upgrading to Windows XP Professional, Outlook 2000 is extremely slow in saving attachments to a Windows nt 4.0 server with Service Pack 6.0a. All service packs and updates were installed in both Outlook and Windows XP. Any suggestions?? Ben Horwich ...

Footer defaults
I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them the default? -- Joe S. Hi create a new workbook with this footer and save this as a template (*.xlt file) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Joe S." <JoeS@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4D12465C-3586-4F79-A000-19AB582C456C@microsoft.com... > I use a consistent protocol for footers on my reports but would like those > footers to exist in every file I create. Is there some way to make them th...

Default organization not default
Hey, I changed my default organization of CRM. However when opening the default server URL. Still the old default organization is opened. Resetting IIS, clearing the Internet Explorer cache en even rebooting the server does not help. Does someone have more ideas?? Thx. Mirella try to disable the other organization and keep the only one . access it with default and post us if you get the error. ------ Aamir http://danishmscrm.blogspot.com/ I disabled all the organizations except the one I that needs to be de default. Opening CRM with the default URL the following error is displa...

default mail programme
Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. See my answer in your other thread. On 30/04/2010 14:01, Digs@officeformac.com wrote: > Email Client: pop how do i make entourage my default email programme. -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP (Macintosh) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** ...

Setting the default contact list for Outlook 2007
When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact list, by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to make my Contact List the default? "brenda" <brenda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FED962FD-27E7-42BA-B0CE-FEA9256DDEC4@microsoft.com... > When I create an email message, and click on "To" to search my contact > list, > by default it always goes to the Global Address List. Is there a way to > make my Contact List the default? When that Address Book window opens, click Tool...

email default
I set up my outlook as my email default (the same as in outlook 2000). The difference in 2007 is that whenever I sign on to outlook, it totally empties my aol mail box. With 2000, I got my mail but it also stayed in aol. How can I change this? Change the Advanced tab on your Account Properties to leave the messages on the server. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "Fran" <Fran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

I get a template download error message when download a template
while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and still cannot download the template. Is you firewall software blocking it? jpga wrote: > while trying to download a template I get error msg "Template cannot be > downloaded to fix make sure your computer is connected to internet. make sure > browser is not in offline mode and try to download later. I try all this and > still can...

Cursor position after saving
After saving my Excel 2003 file, the cursor keeps returning to cell d18 (empty cell) and not where I left it at A1. This means that the data is not visible when I return to the page. I have made sure that all cells around the data are empty, so am puzzled why this is happening. Any ideas please? Jim Is the sheet protected and D18 unlocked and A1 locked? Otto "JimK" <JimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFB2B21E-A3C4-431B-9F54-CB704944B4D2@microsoft.com... > After saving my Excel 2003 file, the cursor keeps returning to cell d18 > (em...

Changing & recalculating default values on a form
There are a number of occassions in my application where I use a calculated control (1) as the default value for an unbound control (2). Most of the time the user will accept this value and move forward; however, if one of the underlying values upon which the calculated control (1) is based changes, I would like the value of the unbound control (2) to be updated. I do not want to bind the control (2), because there will also be a few times when the user will need to change its (2) value independent of the value calculated in Control (1) Can I do this? Thanks so much. =?Utf-8?B?TGVM...

? change default line style from solid to dotted
In Format Cell Borders Line Style I use a dash or dotted box around cells rather than the solid line that is the default setting. How do I select a different line as the default. ...

Default Meeting Times
I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 minutes in between meetings for whatever reason and it is to easy to default to the 30 and 60 minute time frames. Is this possible? "Stacey" <Stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4344BCCF-018D-44A2-9FED-0D0695B101A5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to re-set the default meeting times to either 25 minutes or 55 > minutes. I am working on implementing processes whereby people are given 5 > ...