deactivate the get pivot formula when I link a cell to a pivot

Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot
table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could
deactivate it?

See Debra Dalgleish's website for instructions:

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"hwtradezheng" wrote:

> Currently I using excel 2003, but every time when I link the cell to a pivot
> table it will convert to a "Get pivot" formula. Is there any way I could
> deactivate it?

Get display name of execuatable
Hello, Suppose that I have an executable, word.exe, which isn't currently running. I know the path to the executable, C:\Applications\word.exe for example. Now I would like to know the name of this exectuable, as it is displayed in the start menu and in application lists and windows, i.e. Microsoft Word. How could I do this with VBScript? I have been searching the 'net, but haven't found an answer yet. -- Mark Economy-x-Talk Custom Software Solutions Services: http://economy-x-talk.com Download: http://www.color-converter.com Download: http://www.sale...

Pivot Table Sorting #2
I have a pivot table with 3 fields in the Row Area (Division, Region, Loan Officer) and multiple fields in the data area. For the purpose of this issue lets just use # of Loans as the Data field. My issue is that I have a YTD Pivot Table that shows Loan Officer #1 in the Western Region and the NorthEastern Region. That in itself is not a problem, but when I go to sort the table manually by # of Loans within each region, the 2 regions with LO #1 will not sort separate from eachother. When I sort Western it throws NorthEastern out of whack, and vice versa. Also, the only way that I have found ...

getting the xml from XmlTextWriter
We have an app that uses the XmlTextWriter to write XML to the local disk. It works and it's great. Now they want to write it to the database instead. Is there a way that I can just get the XML out of the XmlTextWriter? I looked at the XmlTextWriter class and can't seem to figure out how to take the XML out of it. I want to do this dim x as string x = XmlTextWriter.XML Thanks in advance, Rob * SneakyMonki wrote in microsoft.public.dotnet.xml: >We have an app that uses the XmlTextWriter to write XML to the local disk. It >works and it's great. Now they want to write i...

How to Paste Link a cell with color
I have a user who is pasting a cell from one spreadsheet to another but the original cell has a color background and when it is paste linked, the color is lost. Can anyone help with why this happens? dah That is the way it works, a link never contains the format, the user needs to do it twice, first paste the link and then paste the format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Paste Link" <PasteLink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:767FEDEC-E3B0-45DD-A6D0-2BB75FC742F0@microsoft.com... > I have a user who is pasting a cell from one spreadsheet to another but th...

how do i get a design for a memo?
All a menu is a paragraph or so of text. Ideas here http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=memorandum&gbv=2 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "anatt" <anatt @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F03618D3-CF6D-4CB4-AE97-500B219AB091@microsoft.com... > All a memo.... oops -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message news:OJDTKkalJHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > All a menu is a paragraph or so of text. > Ideas here > http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=memo...

What formula do I use to find a percentage change?
I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will calculate a percentage change from one cell to another. I think you can use this, Lizzy: =(A2-A1)/A1 ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "buzy lizzy" <buzy lizzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD2BACED-4C91-4204-A897-5801339C3D40@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using Excel and I just need to find a formula to use that will > calculate a percentage change from one cell to another. One way: =(A2-A1)/A1 formatted as a percentage, which can be simplified t...

Get text from another app's window
Hello, All! How to get text from another app's window? I keep in mind non-standard edit / richedit controls like used in Visual Studio and Word. With standard controls I have no problems (casting to CEdit, sending WM_COPY message can be used). Function GetWindowText and message WM_GETTEXT doesn't work. I have handles of target window (both main and child with focus). WMP is now playing: Kingdom Come - Should I ....Don't give in without a fight... With best regards, William Mahoney. I don't believe there can be a common answer. Just because Word and Visual Studio's ...

WMP 12 in some kind of test mode, I can't get rid off, Please help
I have this problem, that my Windows Media Player 12 is showing all movies devided in 2 parted with a red line !! It is one screen but obvious in some kind off demo mode for movie quality, it is 2 different qualitys devided by a vertical red line. I don't know how this happend, but I for sure can't find anywhere to get rid off this problem. If I right click on the movie screen my "visual effects" is not highlighted - so I can't those this funktion, I could think that maybe behind that obtion it was possibel to do something. I hope you understand, and...

Alternative to array formula to get answer?
Hello all, I have an Excel database of around 5,000 rows. One of the fields contains a date. I colate the data on a separate sheet into categories for a specific date by using the following array fomula: {=ROUND(SUM((DATA!$C$2:$C$5000="Daily News")*(DATA!$B$2:$B$5000=B78)*DATA!$Z$2:$Z$5000),2)} B78 contains the date required and column Z contains the revenues I am wanting to add together for that particular date, in order to get a single figure. Is there any other way of adding together the revenues of a number of records for a particular date, other than using the array formul...

Formulas
I want to do an Iif statement but test if a cell is populate at all. Anyone know how to do this? so Iif([Text1]="Anything", YES, NO) What do I put for ANYTHING Hi Koolkat, Try: IIf(Len([Text1])> 0, "yes", "No") I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 5/11/2010 12:39 PM, koolkat wrote: > I want to do an Iif statement but test if a cell is populate at all. Anyone > know how to do this? > so Iif([Tex...

Pasting cell values doesn't remove the formula
WindowsXP Excel2003 I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its pastes different numbers and not the number that I previously had on the sheet. If you select the cell in the original range that looks different after you paste it, what do you see in that cell? What do you see in the formula bar for that cell? Any chance you're copying a range that has hidden rows/columns? Or even pasting to a range that has hidden rows/columns? HT wrote: > > WindowsXP > Excel2003 > > I select all, copy, go to a new sheet, edit, paste special, values..its ...

split cells #5
How do I split a cell diagonally and put data on both sides? You may be able to get that look by typing a value and hitting alt-enter (to force a new line within the cell) (and then add some spaces to the top or bottom depending on the direction of the diagonal). Format|Cells|border tab is where you could draw the diagonal. But once you do this, it may look nice(?), but it'll become really awful to extract stuff you need for other formulas. (I wouldn't do it.) mwuttke wrote: > > How do I split a cell diagonally and put data on both sides? -- Dave Peterson ...

FORMULA #22
I need to create a formula to calculate percentage that compares a current year total to a previous year total. The resulting percentage may be positive or negative. As an example year 2004 1837 year 2003 1765 the percentage difference is a 4.1% increas year 2004 1765 year 2003 1837 the percentage difference is a 3.9% decreas How would I create a formula to calculate that percentage Thanks in advance Hi if A1 stores your 2003 value and B1 the 2004 value use the following formula =B1/A1-1 and format the resulting cell as percentage -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "S...

How to get a pointer to a CFormView
Hi I have a SDI application and I am using a CFormView for my controls which i placed on the right pane of my application(my base class for my applications view is CView not CFormView. CFormView is just for my controls where i can place them). How can i get a pointer to a CFormView and manipulate my controls if i am on the view class of my application? I tried to use the code below but i have this error. AFXCMN_INLINE void CSliderCtrl::SetPos(int nPos) { ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); ::SendMessage(m_hWnd, TBM_SETPOS, TRUE, nPos); } code snippet: void CMakeupToolView::OnMouseMove(UINT nFlags, C...

Grand Substraction instead of Grand Total in pivot table
Hello, I created a pivot table in Excel with Visual Report 2007. I'm using an Outline Code with 2 leaves : Receipts and Expenses. The pivot table created automatically a Grand Total so that $1000 Receipts and $800 Expenses => Grand Total = $1800. My accountant says $200. Generally, it's possible to create calculated fields in the Excel pivot tables. But in the pivot table created by the Visual Reprot, all the Calculated Field options are greyed out. Why ? Thanks for any help I don't know what visual report is, but suspect that it would be more a question for them not Excel a...

Pivot table and value range
Hi, I have built a simple pivot table with 2 columns : Amounts and count of amounts eg: amount/Nb of amount 100 /1 150 /5 200 /6 250 /2 300 /1 450 /5 500 /9 Would it be possible to have a range of value in the pivot table to have a result like this: amount/Nb 0-200 /12 201-400 /3 >401 /14 Thank you for your help Thank you I would add a column to the raw data that categorized the amounts. if(a2<=200,200,if(a2<=400,400,"400+")) Then drag this down the data. And use it as the field in the pivottable. Nicawette wrote: > > Hi, ...

how to get ms emotions on outlook toolbar
PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS. I WENT TO MS EMOTIONS, CLICKED ON THE ONES I WANTED. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THEM INTO MY OUTLOOK EMAIL. THANKS FOR ANY HELP KARE <KARE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO DO THIS. I WENT TO MS EMOTIONS, CLICKED ON THE > ONES I WANTED. I CAN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO GET THEM INTO MY OUTLOOK > EMAIL. All caps is considered shouting. Please don't shout. What the heck is "MS Emotions"? -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman" wrote: > KARE <KARE@discussions.microsoft.c...

How to get all characters to the left of another character
Let's say I have a cell (A1) with 12345:67890 If I want to get everythingto the left of the : I could do =Left(A1,5) That's wored fine until now. Some of my data comes to me like this: 012345:67890 or 00012345:6789000000 How can I get everything to the left of the : ???? "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:O5XfQKlxDHA.1932@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Let's say I have a cell (A1) with 12345:67890 > If I want to get everythingto the left of the : I could do =Left(A1,5) > That's wored fine until now. Some of my data comes to me like ...

Can't get newsgroup messages posted by self
I have a weird issue with Windows Live Mail concerting synchronizing messages from newsgroups. If I post a message to the Microsoft private newsgroups (privatenews.microsoft.com), I don't see the post but I can see new posts by other users. If I use Outlook Express on Windows XP, I see my posts. I don't have problems with WLM synchronizing my hotmail e-mail. Any idea how I can troubleshoot this issue? "Teo Lachev" <TeoLachev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65458221-D220-47D9-95E3-A9B593424714@microsoft.com... > I have a weird issu...

Formula for competition pairing
I have 20 teams who will each play 10 games against one of the other teams. Can anyone please advise a formula that will match 10 pairs 5 times ensuring that no team will play another team twice. Well, maybe not a single formula, but an approach you can take. Set up a table with the list of teams in column A starting in A2. Highlight A2:A20 and click <copy>, then move the cursor to B1 and use Paste Special | Transpose to get the same list in the top row. This table represents the fixtures, with teams from column A playing teams in row 1. Usually HOME teams are in column A...

getting all if parameter not selected
I have a query that is behind a report. In the query designer there is a way to indicate if nothing is selected from the parameter, all records will be returned. It has been a long time since working on this that I have forgotten what is added. If anyone is familiar with what is used, I can use the help. Thanks for the response and help. .... John Actually, Dennis, that won't do it. Any rows where the field is null (nothing there) will not be returned. A workaround is to change the WHERE clause of the query like this: WHERE ([Enter Data] & "" = "") OR (...

Don't get OWA 2003 logon screen
Hi, for some reason I don't see the OWA 2003 logon screen, all I get is a NT logon box, I put my username and password in and it lets me in, any ideas? I'm typing http://severname/exchange Thanks Andy And what's your question? ...that's the way it's supposed to work in the integrated authentication mode. "AA" <AA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b0f01c474a7$e2903ac0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, for some reason I don't see the OWA 2003 logon > screen, all I get is a NT logon box, I put my username > and password in and it let...

Help with formula please.
I posted this a couple of days ago but doesnt seem to have appeared so I hope this is not a duplicate. Original formula from previous post... =(("12:00"-MAX(C11,--"7:00"))*0.3+(MAX("23:00",C11)-MAX(C11,"12:00"))*0.4+(C12-MIN(C12,"23:00"))*0.5)*24 I have changed the formula to =(("12:00"-MAX(C11,--"7:00"))*0.3+(MAX("23:00",C11)-MAX(C11,"12:00"))*0.4+(C12-MIN(C12,"23:00"))*0.5)*C13 As a test I have put in aircon running for 1 hour between 10-11 am So this should return a value of .30 It is ...

assign formatted cell value to another cell
Hello everyone! If A1 has a floating point number for a date, e.g. 39647.25 for 2008-07-18 06:00:00 and I want to have that formatted string in a new cell - does anyone know a formula to apply to another column, so it puts the *formatted* value there, instead of the original number? I want the string "2008-07-18 06:00:00" as the value of my new cell, and I can't find a way to do that with a Range formula at the moment (I want to avoid looping over each row and doing it manually in VBA, for speed reasons). Thanks in advance! Lars =TEXT(A1,"yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss&q...

Deactivating an account does not deactivate the contacts?
I was asked by a user why, when an account is deactivated, the contacts are not deactivated as well. I had never noticed this but can not seem to find any information on this. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is this correct? I believe this is "expected" functionality. CRM seems to have been designed to make as few assumptions as possible as to how the average user might use it, or expect it to respond. Can be frustrating, but it's an early version. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "JenniferW" wrote: > I was asked by a user why, wh...