cutoms lists

in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit  of 255 char. when I make a custom list.
Is it possible to increase this?
0
cervus (1)

Not according to the Excel help files. Sorry.

"cervus" wrote:

> in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit  of 255 char. when I make a custom list.
> Is it possible to increase this?
0
dleo (13)

Distribution list from Contact catagory
Can someone help me with how to create an email distribution list from a cantact list. I am hoping to select the email addresses by the catagory they are stored in the contact list. Thank you Hi Tiffney Check out the following article. 284292 OL: How to Create a Distribution List from Your Contacts http://support.microsoft.com/?id=284292 Hope this helps! Regards, Ian Baird Microsoft PSS This posting is provided 'AS IS' with no warranties and confers no rights. ...

Sort parameter list from Report Model
I am desperately searching for a way to sort a parameter list that is generated from a Report Model data source. We are using Report Builder 2.0. If this feature is not supported then I believe that this is a huge oversight on Microsoft's behalf. Users only want to pick from a sorted list! ...

Validation list that removes chosen values
I am trying to create a validation list using a name range. The idea is to only allow each of the values in the range to only be chosen once. For example this validation would be applied to cells A1:A10. There would be 10 values in the named range, and each time one of the values was chosen it would not be available in the other cells - each cell would have a mutually exclusive value. Any help would be much appreciated. Select data validation, Settings, Allow, List. Then select the range that has your list of allowed values Tyro <gregory.blanch@gmail.com> wrote in message news:35ac4...

OTHER USER'S FOLDER LIST
As you might know, after you've viewed other user's folder, their names will be saved on a list underneath that for easy access in the future. Is there anyway to delete selected item on the list? Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292024 -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "E" <please@post.online> wrote in message news:011401c35214$70a6f7c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > As you might know, after you've vie...

cutoms lists
in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. Is it possible to increase this? Not according to the Excel help files. Sorry. "cervus" wrote: > in excel 2007 it seems to be a limit of 255 char. when I make a custom list. > Is it possible to increase this? ...

Smart List problem
I recently re-installed a client (version 9.0). Everything went fine but when we tried to open Smartlist on this client we got an error message telling us that “To use Smartlist capability in this product the Smartlist tables must be built. This is one time initialization process and may take a few minutes”. I answered yes, it ran and then returned the following error “number of columns does not match table definitions”. Every other machine is working fine, is the tables it is talking about building on the client? It does not seem like that should be so. It does not matter ...

list sums from multiple worksheets
how do i list individual sums from multiple worksheets to seperate cell in a master worksheet? all individual worksheets are identical i structure -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Unless I'm misunderstanding your purpose I believe you simply need t include the specific spreadsheet name in the formula for the cell. For example to display the sum of C1:C50 of Sheet 1 in cell B2 of Shee 2, use in that cell the formuls: =sum(Sheet1!C1:C50) This also works for data contained within other workbooks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com example sheet2 cell a20...

changing show names list
The answer below was not the answer to the question. I don't want to move it. I want to edit the list so that Outlook Address Book is listed beneath Personal Address Book and above Global Address book. Thanks! Subject: Re: moving listings in the "Show names from the:" box From: "Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> Sent: 7/7/2004 3:52:20 PM Tools-> Address Book and then Tools-> Options... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com ----- "tboz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

item list should display more fields
when looking through item list, it would be nice if more fields were available to see. If I am trying to find a specific item I don't always know what the lookup code is for a size or color. I would like the option to choose which fields are available for me to look at (like on a report) so I can more quickly find items in the list. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this lin...

global address list issue
Hi all. I added a new mailbox enabled user to my exchange environment via ADUC. I then open microsoft outlook in a client pc and set the new account i created in outlook. When i open address book i could see all the contacts in the global address list. However some moments later i could only see a few contacts and remained like this ever since. I also realise this happens to all the new accounts i created. Why is this so? THks in advance. Is Exchange running in cached mode? If so, be aware that four things have to happen--and in this order--before recipients show up in the GAL in Outl...

Benefits of Using Excel Lists?
Excel 2003 now has a Create List option under the Data Menu. From the reading I've done in Help, it says the "Lists" can communicate with Windows Sharepoint Services. For someone who doeesn't have Sharepoint and doesn't plan to use it, is there any benefit in setting up your data range as a "List" rather than just leaving it as a data range? I see that you can insert a Totals Row in a "List", but you can't use the Subtotal command under the Data Menu to get multiple subtotals. I thought maybe when I did a Word mail merge and used the Exce...

2 questions one on list/combo boxes and the other on "atomically" hiding columns or rows.
I followed most of the post recently on the subject of list and combo boxes. From what I can tell I need to create a list but I need to have the list find the item and than a price associated with that item and than it's cost. Is there some where that I can find away to do that? The other question on the opening page of my quote sheet I have by columns the floors (4) of the house and under those a list of rooms (these are the headings of the rows) that are on each floor. In the following columns I have the my wiring combination. I have all this linked to other worksheets that have simil...

Listing Rented Property
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C36EF0.FC5681C0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have several properties which I rent out as I am trying to build up a property portfolio. How is the best way to record this in money I have created an assets account but only have my house in there, do I put the others in this account? Also how do record the rent from these properties and have them as part = of my tax return?? --=20 Cheers Dale Holden UK ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C36EF0.FC56...

Any way to make query-based distribution lists work with older Outlook clients?
Hello, I need to create 3 query-based distribution lists (QBDL) which target: 1. all users in dept x = 300 addresses; 2. all users in dept x which are permanent employees = 200 addresses; 3. all users in dept x which are contractors = 100 addresses. The good news is that all this information is in AD (populated by MIIS). The bad news is that we still have some Outlook 2002 clients. Am I correct that Outlook 2002 clients don't even see QBDLs in the GAL? That's what my testing indicates. If so, can QBDLs be access in another way, e.g., by just sending a message to their...

Need to filter all records that meet Data Validation List
Data validation List contains unique Product List. Need to take the Product List and extract information based on the selection. Another sheet contains all the information for each Product i.e. Data Validation contains 'Nails' when chosen.. want to fill fields with All Products that are Nails -main category - but may be many different types - since they are ordered from same supplier. i.e. I order all my Nails (varying sizes) from company B and all my Hammers (varying sizes) from company A. I believe I can retrieve this using an advanced filter but I am not quite sure how to write t...

Not in List Error
Hi Guys, I have added this code to a combo I have and keep getting an error message, can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code please Dim db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strMsg As String strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available CITY " & vbCrLf & vbCrLf strMsg = strMsg & "Do you want to associate the new CITY to the current List?" strMsg = strMsg & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Click Yes to link or No to re-type it." If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Add New Source...

colored message list based on flag color
Hi, I want the messages to be appear in the same color as the flag color. Is it possible in Outlook 2003 on Windows XP? Cheers, Ashish The message header in the inbox list? You could create a custom view to change the text colors. http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030911.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www....

Creating "factorial" result from three lists...
We want to create fictional character names for a children's project, and have selected 30 first names, 30 last names, and want to include 26 (a-z) middle initials. Therefore there are 30x30x26 = 23,400 possible unique names in the format of "First MI Last" such as "James B. Happy" that we wish to create and print a few hundred at a time onto paper dolls. (We have 30 other first names for females, and can just do the required operation twice, so please ignore that complicating factor) Question is how can we take these three fields of 26, 30 and 30 records each, i...

how do I hide a object until it enters on a cutom mostion path?
Hey, is it possible to have an object (clip art of a taxi in this case :/) hidden until it enters on a free-form motion path? (having it shown at the start kinda ruins the whole thing) Never mind, I got around it, don't bother posting (don't konw how to edit/delete post) Hi, No worries! -- Regards, Glen Millar Microsoft PPT MVP Tutorials and PowerPoint animations: www.pptworkbench.com glen at pptworkbench dot com "Big Dave" <BigDave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22DF6783-0DBD-4C3F-BD60-FE2E95F78F6A@microsoft.com... &g...

Combining lists
I have two long lists of people with the last name in column A and the first name in column B. I'm trying to find out how I can isolate the people who appear on both lists. I was wondering if their is a formula that I could plug in between the two columns of each list, or if I could combine the information in column A and B to use the formula that you provided for my other lists List 1 in Col A, list 2 in Col D In B1 put =IF(COUNTIF(D:D,A1)>0,"MATCH","") and copy down as far as needed In E1 put =IF(COUNTIF(A:A,D1)>0,"MATCH","") and copy d...

Deleting a Windows Live ID from the drop-down list
On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? Found the solution :-) Click the down arrow next where it says "sign in as", then click "forget me". "grovelli" wrote: > On the sign-in page, the drop-down combo lists all the Windows Live ID's > available. Is there a way to remove any one of the items in the list? "grovelli" <grovelli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05823788-4A4B-4ACC-9033-4C8802C7AF43@m...

Include List Price in Purchase Order Report
How can I include the list price of the items in the "Purchase Order List Report". We need to include the prices so we can place the calculation for profit and have the Purchase Manager make accurate pricing decision. Exactly what report are you referring too. Is this a report from the reports tab in manager (yes possible) Is this the purchase order that is printed? (yes i believe this could be possible) or are you refering the the purchase order screen on the monitor? (i don't believe this would be possible without some sort of add-on.) -- Regards, Andy Miller RVP Busine...

Linking a Column List to a Row List #2
Thanks for the help, it worked perfectly -- Mo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1250 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27428 ...

Cutome Report
I am working with one of the report and need to have double space in between the rows, and need a line break between the group. Can someone help me. Thanks Chirag Thakkar NetLink Cosnulting, Inc. 732 548-6300 www.netlink-usa.com ...

Contact List from OWA
Hello, Using Exchange Server 5.5, all service packs, NT 2000 Server. The client computer is a laptop running XP Pro.... When I log on through OWA, the Address book is different depending on where I physically am logging on from. Logging on from the office LAN gives me one address book and logging on remotely over the 'net gives me another address book. Where do I go to configure the address book? If there a setting in 5.5 of do I do it some how from the client laptop? Thanks, Bill Cincinnati, OH USA Try posting this in an Exchange news group as they will have more information and i...