Creating a work book

How do I go about creating a work book in XL from a template? I need to keep
invoices & day books but dont want to re-do a different spread sheet each
time, I guess there must be an automatic way to acheive this?
0
Celtman (2)

Open a new workbook.

Format and set it up the way you like, including number of sheets, formulas,
Titles and all other stuff you want to see.

When you get it as you like ready for data input File>Save As>File
Type>ExcelTemplate(*.XLT)

Nmae it whatever you wish.  Like yourname

To use this Template, hit File>New...Template>On my Computer.

Select your Template and it will open as yourname1.xls

The workbook is based upon the Template and the Template does not get altered in
any way.

When you have entered all data, save the workbook as yourname1 or any name you
desire.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 15:03:02 -0700, Celtman <Celtman@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How do I go about creating a work book in XL from a template? I need to keep
>invoices & day books but dont want to re-do a different spread sheet each
>time, I guess there must be an automatic way to acheive this?

0
Gord

create local copy (of only some cells) of spreadsheet on network
Folks, Our office has a workbook having monthly schedules of tasks for th team. There is a workbook for each year, and each workbook has 1 worksheets - for each month. Each workbook contains months from Jan t Dec. So basically there is a workbook - Schedule2004.xls contains 1 worksheets Jan04 to Dec04 The first row in each worksheet contain the names of team members a headings - Date, Mike, Dale, Peter, Angela etc From the second row is the data, for ex as shown below Date Mike Dale Peter Angela 01/01/04 coding coding testing documentation 02/01/04 coding codi...

GM Card AutoUpdate Not Working
Is anyone else having problems auto updating their GM Card account? Is there anything I can do to try and fix this? According to information from Microsoft Money web site which I cut and pasted below, the GM Card uses third party for updating account information. It uses either Yodlee or CashEdge for this service. There is not much you can do to remedy this other than open a support case with Microsoft and/or wait until it gets fixed. I have had this same type of problem many times with several of my accounts. Currently I have a couple of accounts that are serviced through the C...

every time I use word after last microsoft updates it wont work
After the last auto update from microsoft my word 2007 will not work correctly. it will not allow me to edit and when i try to close it shows a box saying microsoft office has stopped working. I have deleted and reloaded the program but no joy. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921541. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. thatmosis wrote: > After the last auto update ...

Importing Leads & automatically creating an activity for a user
We’re just getting started with MS CRM 1.2 and I’m trying to figure out how to automate the lead import and activity assignment process. I’m importing 100 leads a day (advertisement mailers) into CRM and I want to create phone call activities for a user/salesman at the point of import automatically. I also need to keep track of when the lead’s mailer was mailed. How can I do this? Thanks, Mark You can create a workflow rule using workflow manager. Yuu can set if for a lead create event and then automatically create an activity which will be attached to the lead. To track when a ma...

Keyboard shortcuts no longer work
Since yesterday, have had difficulty using any Ctrl shortcut normally used for formatting (such as Ctrl+Shift+Up arrow to select a range)...but the Ctrl key still works. I'm assuming it's a setting change of some sort, but seem unable to figure it out. It's for Excel 2000 Hate to sound like the help desk, but have you rebooted? "gman100" wrote: > Since yesterday, have had difficulty using any Ctrl shortcut normally used > for formatting (such as Ctrl+Shift+Up arrow to select a range)...but the Ctrl > key still works. I'm assuming it's a setting...

Cannot create a Universal Security Group in AD.
Hello all, I have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise. I am trying to set it up to host two domains. In order to do this, I need to setup a group to use. This group is required to be a security group that grant permissions and be able to send mail to my second domain. I created a new OU in AD users and Computers. When I tried to create the group under this OU, I found that the universal button is greyed out. The group scope can be 1. Domain Local, 2 . Global, and 3 Universal while the Group Type can be Security or Distribution. I want to select Universal in Group Scope and Security in Group ...

Laptop client Install Not working for all users on machine
I have an issue that I can not seem to resolve. I suspect it is a simple setting or something I have forgotten. But here is the scenario. I have installed the MS CRM Laptop client on a virtual XP session. The Outlook client only seems to be displaying for the user that installed it. So if I log into the machine as another user and open outlook there is nothing related to CRM there. No errors it just looks like the client was never installed. If anybody has any idea on what I need to do to resolve this I would appreciate it. thanks Jeremy The desktop client allows you to install it for multi...

Creating a hyperlink
I'm trying to insert a hperlink to a SmartArt. Is that feasible? Also, is there a way to change a color background of a page? When I click background, i'm only able to put a picture. I don't know about the Smart Art huperlink but for the background color open MS Paint of similar. On a blank canvas select a color then use the fill icon to fill the canvas with your color. Save As a *.jpg Use that as your background picture. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:34:01 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm trying to insert a h...

Should Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 work on Outlook 2003?
A client has Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 and all the desktops have outlook 2000 and they are using exchange's shared folders... One person tried to upgrate to Office 2K3 and said he couldn't see the public folders in exchange. Is there a compatibility issue with that combination of server and client? THANKS! On 17 Aug 2005 12:07:38 -0700, feetsdr@gmail.com wrote: >A client has Exchange 4.0 on NT 4.0 and all the desktops have outlook >2000 and they are using exchange's shared folders... > >One person tried to upgrate to Office 2K3 and said he couldn't see the >pu...

Windows+Tab in Vista doesn't work
Why when I windows+tab (I heard it called 3D Flip) in Vista, sometimes I see the contents of the Excel file, in that 3D view and sometimes not. That very much frustrates me, and I can't effectively switch among my Excel files... ...

creating a win32 dll
Hi, I created a win32 dll. I declared a function like __declspec( dllexport) void testFun(void); My calling program looks in the dll for a function _testFun. Which compiler directive or compiler switch I have to add to export the function _testFun? thanks in advance steffen YOu don't. By declaring it __declspec(dllexport) it is automatically exported. Note that you must include the .lib file for this DLL in the link of its clients or the symbol will remain unresolved. Note also that if the Win32 DLL is a .c file (not .cpp) you will also have to declare it in the header files as exte...

How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet?
How do i create a macro that saves the filename that is equal to a cell in the sheet? -- Chukka ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Chukka's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29365 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=491092 with activeworkbook .saveas filename:="C:\myfolder\" & .worksheets("sheet99").range("z99").value _ & ".xls", fileformat:=xlworkbooknormal end with No checking at all! Chukka wrote: > > How ...

Displaying Unicode characters in MAPI Address Book
I have some code for a MAPI address book provider. I now need it to display Unicode strings in Outlook. However, I've looked all over and have been unable to find a way to make Outlook ask for Unicode strings (like when CABContainer::GetHierarchyTable is called). I've compiled my code with UNICODE defined and have done everything else I could think of, but still get nothing. Any help will be appreciated. You should post this in microsoft.public.win32.programming.messaging. That's where the Extended MAPI developers hang out. You won't find any here most likely. -- Ken ...

Windows 7
Just done a clean install of win 7 and put office 2007 on it. All the updates are applied. most mornings on first start outlook gives a 'stopped working' message and closes down. When I start it again everything seems fine and it is stable for the day. I have ran office diagnostics and it reports no problems. Any ideas? Thanks Jon __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4684 (20091213) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Do you see the same issue when st...

Creating a Report from Landed Cost
Hello Great Plains Gurus! I am attempting to create a custom report in RS2005 to show estimated landed cost VS actual landed costs as well as if the landed costs for each shipment, and I am having a hard time understanding the data structure in order to join the receipt tables together. Basically all I need to get started is a query/or generally how to relate actual Receipt Numbers for landed cost invoices to the Receipt Number of the original shipment. IE I have RCT00216 that is the actual shipment receipt and RCT00220 that is a Landed cost that I am applying to the shipment receipt. I wo...

Contacts Search not working any more in Outlook 2007
Suddenly my Search Contacts comes up with no results. For example, I search for John (there are hundreds in my contacts) and none show up. I search "all contacts" and still it finds nothing. What can I do? Thanks. ...

Change resource working time for a specific project (Project Serve
Hello, we need to set a resource to only work for one (1) day per week on a specific project (because we want to book the rest 4 days to work in another project). [At the Enterprise Pool level, the resource is correctly setup to work five (5) days per week] Is there any way we can achieve this? Thanks in advance, YP Since you are probably talking about Project Server, best to repost where the gurus hang out: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 31/03/10 16:39, Yannis wrote: > Hello, > > we need to set a resource to ...

Message size limit in Exchange 2003 doesn't seem to work properly
I noticed today that one of my users has a very large mailbox size (>300mb). On inspection I found that she had tried to send a message with an attachment of 132mb to one of her collegues. That obviously didn't work because of the default message size of 10 mb all our users are subjected to. Nonetheless Exchange stored the attachment twice, once in the sent items folder and once in the non delivery notice adding 264 mb to het mailbox! I have seen this on the production server, the test server does the same thing. Is this a bug, or have I missed something? Setting a message size limit ...

Spell Checker Does Not Work 01-16-10
I've just downloaded the 2010 beta and spell checker does not work. I am not running any other version of Office. Is there a fix? thank you Considering that the spell checker does work here, and that it's essentially unchanged from the one in Word 2007, it's probably something wrong in your installation or your options. Start with http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm, especially the part about language settings. If you verify all the items there and it still doesn't work, rerun the installer in the custom mode and make sure the spelling feature...

Address book access problem
I have migrated my old vista laptop to my new Windows 7 laptop and can not get contacts to show up in the address area. Need help. -- Pecan Sorry, but this newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. You'd be best off reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using, or one related to Windows. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "pecan@bigpond.com" <pecanbigpondcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Is there anyway to create a MS Access form and share it?
I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for use. Is there anyway, tricky or otherwise, to use a form which was not created on the pc it will be used on? The database has changed since I emailed myself the database to use, although it is the same database, it just has new entries... Thanks! Catherine -- CatherineDiane "CatherineDiane" <CatherineDiane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4C3FB3B-2D0A-4912-BA6D-1A630D4C1E39@microsoft.com... >I would like to create a form at home and then get it to the office for >use. > I...

Import/Create pst from folders with .msg files.
Hi everyone. Does anyone knows a way or a program that picks a list of folders with outlook .msg files inside and creates using the same folder structure a pst file? Because using only outlook i can only drag and drop the msg files itself not the full folder. Thank you. Fernando Morais <fernando.morais@imsi.pt> wrote: > Does anyone knows a way or a program that picks a list of folders with > outlook .msg files inside and creates using the same folder structure > a pst file? The only PST-creating program I've seen is Outlook. > Because using only outlook i can on...

Creating a new TOC style
I have two separate tables of contents in a document I am working on and would like to have the entries in each formatted differently. I understand how to modify an existing TOC style (e.g., TOC 1-9), but cannot figure out how to create a new TOC style. In fact, if I click the Reference tab and click Table of Contents>Insert Table of Contents>Modify, the "New" button there that would appear to allow me to create a new TOC style is grayed out. The only thing I was able to find online relating to my question was a discussion at Google Groups (http://groups.google...

configure outlook to work with AOL
Hello...help How do I configure outlook to work with my AOL? Milt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello...help > How do I configure outlook to work with my AOL? You don't. See <http://members.aol.com/adamkb/aol/mailfaq/#3rd-party>. -- Adam Bailey | Chicago, Illinois adamb@lull.org | Finger/Web for PGP & S/MIME adamkb@aol.com | http://www.lull.org/adam/ ...

work experiance
I was wondering weather you would provide work experiance for two people in May 2008? Many Thanks, Jayne Thickitt and Katie Westphal On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:47:02 -0800, Jayne Thickitt and Katie wrote: > I was wondering weather you would provide work experiance for two people in > May 2008? > Many Thanks, > Jayne Thickitt and Katie Westphal Who does "you" refer to in the above question.? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. This newsgroup is used to answer technical questi...