Create Dependent Lists using an INDEX function??

I am a really rookie when it comes to Excel but have managed to create an
order form with three drop down lists using the INDIRECT function and the
instructions on the following wonderful page:

http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#TwoWord

My problem is that I want to convert the spreadsheet into a webpage and the
Spreadsheet Convertor does not support the INDIRECT function. It suggests
using the INDEX function instead.

Could anyone point me in the right direction.

Many thanks
0
gemma (3)

Hi,

What does your INDIRECT function look like, exactly?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Gemma" wrote:

> I am a really rookie when it comes to Excel but have managed to create an
> order form with three drop down lists using the INDIRECT function and the
> instructions on the following wonderful page:
>
> http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal02.html#TwoWord
>
> My problem is that I want to convert the spreadsheet into a webpage and the
> Spreadsheet Convertor does not support the INDIRECT function. It suggests
> using the INDEX function instead.
>
> Could anyone point me in the right direction.
>
> Many thanks

create a roster

Default Price Lists
Hi Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or advice. Many Thanks I need to do the same thing. It's driving me nuts trying to get around it! If anyone can help, that'd be great. Mark Braithwaite wrote: > Hi > > Does ayone have advise on what the best practice is with regards to creating > a default price list in a situation where all pricing will be user provided? > > I would greatly appreciate any suggesti...

using CList as a base class in an extension DLL
Hi all. I must be doing something wrong but cannot figure it out. I have a data class and a list class, in an extension DLL, declared like this: >#define DllExport __declspec (dllexport) >class DllExport CRate : public CObject { >public: > DECLARE_SERIAL (CRate) > CRate () { m_Rate = 0; } > CRate (const CRate &in) { *this = in; } > > const CRate& operator= (const CRate& in) > { m_Rate = in.m_Rate; m_Date = in.m_Date; return *this; } > > bool operator== (const CRate& in); > bool operator!= (const CRate& i...

Print Autocomplete list
I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete list. Is this possible? A reference to a helpfull article or tutorial would be appreciated. TIA There's this tool which may help: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html "KiwiBrian" <briantoz@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message news:h99lja$fdl$1@lust.ihug.co.nz... > I am using Outlook 2003 and have been unable to find out any way of > viewing and printing a copy of all of the entries in the Autocomplete > lis...

Task Create - Status

how to call drawitem() function in ower draw Clistbox
Another question about ower-draw listbox: I created an ower-draw Listbox and override the drawitem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) function. Is there any way to refresh the listbox by calling DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) after the user click on a button? Thanks, Eileen > Another question about ower-draw listbox: I created an ower-draw > Listbox and override the drawitem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) > function. Is there any way to refresh the listbox by calling > DrawItem(LPDRAWITEMSTRUCT lpDrawItemStruct) after the user click on a > button? > Ca...

Bug with cell merging in tables using Applescript

Using the highlighter
In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like you would with paper & highlighter). I'm using Excel 2003 and I can't find that option any where. Does Office still have this feature and where or how can I find it. I want to print a name & address list with some names highlighted. Please help! That was/is in Word, not Excel, AFAIK "Joan" <Joan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D37D9306-8502-4762-A858-4BC4B18C4CC6@microsoft.com... > In the old Office programs you could highlight something in yellow (like > you ...

Create external database

How to create pie chart with %

when form created

Creating a Brochure

Select items from list and show in text box
I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have them show in a text box (possibly with the aid of a select button). Could someone please explain to me how to do this as I have no idea about Visual Basic and macros don't work? Thanks in advance Jeanette You can create a dropdown list with data validation: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Or, create a combobox on a UserForm: http://www.contextures.com/xlUserForm02.html rosscojet@tiscali.co.uk wrote: > I want to be able to select an items from a list I have setup and have > them show in a ...

changing the message list in outlook 2003
i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the message look in outlook, it separates the messages by date. is there any way to turn this off, so i just have a long list of messages? Right click on the header in the message list, uncheck "show in groups." --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Lee Benningfield asked: | i just upgraded from office 2000 to 2003. in the mess...

need opposite of MODE function in Excel
How do I find the number that occurs LEAST frequently in a range of numbers? This is the exact opposite of the MODE function, which finds the most common occurrence. For example, a column of numbers contains; 2 4 5 2 4 2 MODE will return "2" as the most commonj occurrence. I want to know that "5" is the least common occurence. Obviously, my column contains many more numbers so it's not easily to simply visualize and count them. Is there a way to do this in Excel? Thanks. Hi Kevin, You can do that with the Frequency function. data freq bins 2 0 1 ...

How to create Access macro shortcut

Used Pack and Go, Unable to Access & Edit File on Own Computer
Using Publisher 2003 on XP Media Reference original post 68FE9389-5F35-47F5-ABA4-05B8ACDD4EE6@microsoft.com I have read all about Pack and Go already, especially since this problem has happened and that I've used it before numerous times. However that info doesn't help. I'm 99% sure that I did NOT put to commercial printing but rather take to another computer. It was saved with imbedded fonts/graphics. Not links. The file is locked, even on the originating computer, and I can not even repack and go, it is black but when you go into it is whited out. Save as is not even an ...

Excel Data List
I have a large database in an Excel spreadsheet with subtotal formula below. When I used the Data - List function to sort through th database, a few things happened to the underlying subtotal data: 1. When I click out of the list, the cells in columns below the lis become blank. 2. The subtotals that are referenced by formulas in other sheets stil feed out as though the data were extant, though the cells appea blank. Why does the underlying data only show up when the active cell is i the defined list? How can I fix it? Thanks, Rya -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I fi...

Old emails not displayed (Multiple PC's using same inbox)
I have 2 machines running XP and Outlook 2000. Both mahcines are setup to using the same Exchange Server email account. When i open outlook in one machine all mail are visable is the inbox, and new mail is received correctly. But if i opne Outlook on the second machine my inbox is empty. Any new mails will appear quickly then disappear. I cannot get the second machine to display old emails. If I leave the first machine off, all new mail will stay in the second machines inbox, but if I open outlook on the second machine all mail disappears and is shown in the first machines inbox. A...