create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?

I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are
displayed correctly.

One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a
document related to the record.

I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go
and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink
commands.

Does anyone knows how to do this?
0
NEWGUY (2)

NEW

If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect
Options>Autoformat as you type.

For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell.......

=HYPERLINK(cellref) will return as a hyperlink.

Or you can use a macro to convert all at once.

Sub MakeHyperlinks()
'David McRitchie
Dim Cell As Range
    For Each Cell In Selection
        With Worksheets(1)
            .Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Cell, _
                    Address:=Cell.Value, _
                    ScreenTip:=Cell.Value, _
                    TextToDisplay:=Cell.Value
        End With
    Next Cell
End Sub

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 09:42:07 -0800, NEWGUY <NEWGUY@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are
>displayed correctly.
>
>One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a
>document related to the record.
>
>I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go
>and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink
>commands.
>
>Does anyone knows how to do this?

0
Gord

Excel pivot table
Is there a limit to the number of data fields that can be included in pivot table? I have designed a pivot table that contains 90 dat fields, but as soon as I enter data in those columns of the spreadshee and hit "refresh data", it loses a lot of the fields. These are no empty columns, but even if they were, I don't want to lose the field in my pivot table. Thanks in advance for any suggestions! mary -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com The following MSKB article outlines the PivotTable limitations in Excel 2000, and links to articles on other versions: XL200...

Re-Post-Refreshing Form with Multiple Forms and Fields
Would anyone be able to assist with this challenge. Thank you. I have a main screen form that allows entry to start from that location. It has four subforms and some other fields that are picked from other locations to filter the record. My challenge is it does not Refresh right away. I have tried putting Refresh and Repaint etc in the main form code but it still doesn't refresh. I put a Refresh button on it and that works but it's slow. Can anyone tell me what would be a more efficient method to get this screen to refresh right away. Thank you, Refresh and Repaint are n...

Combining multiple columns into single column based one another field
What query would I need to convert this two field table - Test1 121 Test2 121 Test2 244 Test3 121 Test4 121 Test4 224 Test4 566 Test5 566 Test5 566 to this one - Test1 121 Test2 121, 244 Test3 121 Test4 121, 224, 566 Test5 566 Test5 566 Thanks in advance, Aine Answered under Reports... -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II <aine_canby@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1189783028.600190.194270@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > What query would I need to convert this two field table ...

Excel Hyperlink Problem
In an ordinary Excel 2002 worksheet, I enter a web address into a cell as a hyperlink to the web page; it shows as an ordinary web URL. I click once on the hyperlink, intending to have the web page open. Result: the worksheet sits there for about 20 seconds with no action, then the hourglass, then the message: "Microsoft Excel has encounted a problem and needs to close, etc." After clicking "Don't Send" on the error popup, Excel closes and then the web page appears in the browser. Why might it be encountering an error and need to close? Thanks. -- John Hanley <...

confused about create and manual events
i made and activated a work-rule with these characteristics: entity type=account event=create the rule: when an account is created the territory is assigned based upon the owner. the test: i converted 3 leads into accounts. and then i waited 30 miuntes. the result: none of the three new accounts have their territory assignments. however, i then manually executed the rule and the assignments were made. the question: why didn't it make the proper assignment when the account was created via converting the lead to an account? and why would an 'account create' rule work manually...

Creating account names from money to quicken
Im looking for a previous post about creating the Money's account names in excel to export to quicken. Does anyone remember where this is? Don't recall the post, but it ain't rocket science: Create an Advanced Report "Account balances With details" customized: Rows & Columns: select all except Abbreviation Account: all including closed accounts Export to Excel. Done. "barcrofter" wrote: > Im looking for a previous post about creating the Money's account > names in excel to export to quicken. Does anyone remember where this > is? > A...

Failing to add new fields to schema from CRM Deployment Manager
I have found a very similar post to this question but my event log is reporting something very different from a time out. I am trying to add a new field to a schema but every time I try adding the field I get: "An error occurred in the addition of the new field. The addition failed. For more information, see the event log" The event log reports this: dmLog: Failed to add new String attribute (CFSResellerContact) to Lead entity. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The URL listed does not offer any information. ...

Creating a report 04-23-10
Using a date of birth feild. How can I creat a report by people who were 5 by 12/2/10? The access program I use is 2003 Well to be five or over on 12/2/10 there dob would have to be equal to or greater than that date 5 years ago. So use criteria to filter the data <= DateAdd("yyyy",-5,#12/2/10#) Your date is ambiguous. Is it supposed to be December 2, 2010 or February 12, 2010? If you are using a date literal such as 12/2/10 then you must express that date in the form month day year or year month day (yyyy-mm-dd). John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 200...

Default a Time Field if Date is entered
I want to know what to do if I want the Time field in a form to default to 23:59 if a date is entered in the Date Field. And to leave the Time blank if there is no date. What would be the formula or expression for this and where should I place it in the form? Fields: Date Time Please help! Thank you! personally, I wouldn't have a time field I would have a date/time field that contains both values. Then, on my form, I would hide the bound textbox that is associated with this field. Then, in the forms current event I would use the DateValue and TimeValue functi...

Pivot Field Data count
Hello, Does anyone knows the code in VBA to know how many diferent items a pivot table field has??? I�m looking for something like: MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").Count Thank you in advanced. M�nica MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").PivotItems.Count M�nica wrote: > Does anyone knows the code in VBA to know how many diferent items a pivot > table field has??? > > I�m looking for something like: > > MyPivotTable.PivotFields("MiPivotField").Count -- Debra Dalgleish Contextures http://www.contextures.com/tiptech....

budget figure in actual field if blank
Two tables, one is Budget the other Actual, sorted by RevID – a primary key in both tables, feeding a query. In qryNetRev ….. If the value for a record from Actual.NetRev is blank, would like that field to return the value for that same record from Budget.NetRev. This *has* to be a very normal practice, but can’t quite get the syntax correct. Any assistance will be much appreciated. Thanx, - Mike On 5 mei, 02:47, MikeF <Mi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Two tables, one is Budget the other Actual, sorted by RevID =96 a primary= key > in both t...

What is a 3-up chart and how do I create one?
Can anybody help me? I don't know if this helps, but sometimes I've heard of PowerPoint slides being called 4-up or 2-up, based on the number of charts or pictures on the slide. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Paula wrote: > Can anybody help me? Hi Paula, This article describes a 3-up chart - it is just two column charts and a text table. https://www.supplier.cessna.com/reliability/reliability_guidelines.pdf Ed Ferrero http://edferrero.m6.net/ > Can anybody help me?...

Resetting the Bin Location Field
Is there an easy way to reset all of the bin location field to a blank, for every item in the database? Steve, Do a backup first!! SO Administrator | File | Connect | put in your password | Query | New | type the following command and then press the F5 function key; UPDATE Item SET BinLocation = ' ' Close the window and do not save | File | Exit -- * "Steve Curtis" <SteveCurtis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D6A5CA7-D1EE-4153-9BB8-6BC99BAAF0B9@microsoft.com... Is there an easy way to reset all of the bin location field to a blank, for every ...

modify description field in reports
When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen wider but when i print it, it defaults back to the regular size. The problem is it cuts off my part numbers on some of my long numbers. Is there a way to overcome this? you must modify the po.xml file directly. "www.choppersapparel.com" <www.choppersapparel.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B4E31D5-10A7-4A99-913D-F8F6E3BD7043@microsoft.com... > When I print my PO's I can make the part # field in the view report screen > wider but when i print it, it defaults ...

Fillin Fields
I am inserting fillin fields with prompts and saving as a template. When I create a new document based on the template I cannot see the prompts? Also the fields are not displayed and tab used to take to next field but no luck with 2007. Have tried numerous help topics and don't know why this is not working, as it worked well in 2003. Answered this myself, I had saved the template as dotm and as I had not written the macro it disabled the fillin fields, wrote the autonew macro, saved as a dotm and it works perfectly. So if no macro is used, template must be saved as dotx...

Compare 2 Fields
My data looks like this: Sym Price1 Price2 A 11.3 11.3 B 8.75 8.75 C 7.8 7.8 D 6.75 6.75 E 5.75 5.75 I would like to create a new field that will compare Price1 to Price2 and return the difference between the 2 fields. Is this something that can be done in Access ? Thank you in advance Absolutely. Make sure when you create your table, that Price1 and Price2 are numeric. Then, when you create a query, build an expression something like this: Bal:Price1 - Price2 in the query grid field. "carl" wrote: > My data looks like this: > > Sym P...

Creating a Line Graph with Selectable Data
I am trying to create a chart for use in the hotel industry. I have 24 hotels that I would like to chart future room rates over the course of a month. I want the ability to select the hotels I would like to compare on a line graph. Possibly check the hotel name which triggers the data to display on the line graph. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! I have tried to search for "selectable data", "dynamic charts", etc. and can't seem to find what I need. I am not an Excel expert but I work with the program daily. Best regards. I have jus...

Can rules match by 'From' field not address?
I am trying to create a rule to move incoming e-mails to a helpdesk into a folder for each department they come from. The problem is what identifies a user as coming from a department is his display name has a prefix eg (Sales) Bloggs, Joe for joe.bloggs@domain.com but there isnt an option to match a rule from a part of the display name, just the address. If i match it to all the users one by one its a problem because it quickly takes up the 32k allowed for server-side rules, too many users in departments. So I'd need some form of wildcard (Sales)* and so on. If I match it to a group it...

Crm field help
Hi there, is there any easy way to introduce help info when passing with the mouse pointer above a field? Thanks in advance! ...

Add inventory fields for letter writting assistant
Would like to create a letter in Letter Writing Assistant that will inform customers that they have requested an item that has been discontinued. Cannot currently do this because the necessary fields do not exist on the customer toolbar. ...

when inserting a hyperlink the view is shortened with ././ at the beginning
when inserting a hyperink, the view is shortened at the beginning of th path with ../../ and it can not be opened by another user. th hyperlinks are to copies of email from a folder on a deskto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Reading XML
I am reading the field names of Leads into a dataset - and only the first 13 or so show up. I import them to a string - then to a dataset. Do you think the string is the limiting factor? I am basically trying to mimic the Import Wizard for Leads and add a duplicate check function. If anyone knows where the code is for that wizard I would appreciate it as well!! THANKS! How are you getting the field names? Using SQL to get them would be much easier and considerably faster (the SDK is horrible slow compared to SQL calls, just don't use SQL to make changes, read only). I'm assumi...

Adding Item Fields Bolt-on?
Anyone know of a decent 3rd party bolton to add half a dozen fields for use on the inventory item as characteristics for a wine reseller. Need a total of about 10 different fields to descrive different aspects of each wine. Thanks in hope, Pete This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_055C_01C6CAFE.20AC6230 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Pete, Take a look at the add-ons from Elypsis http://www.elypsis.com/, EVT = www.evtsolutions.com for starters. Also when working, the MS Solution Fin...

Can we create a tol bar first and then the menu ?
Hi Kavitha here. I want to create a toolbar first and then teh menu in the dialog box? Can this be possible because in many applications we see a menu first and then teh toolbar. In order to achieve is that something I nee dto do it in OnCreate /OnInitDialog () Pls help. Thanks in advance. kavitha_tongadi@hotmail.com wrote: > Hi Kavitha here. > I want to create a toolbar first and then teh menu in the dialog box? > Can this be possible because in many applications we see a menu first > and then teh toolbar. > In order to achieve is that something I nee dto do it in OnCreat...

can't open hyperlink in email Outlook 2007
Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I receive a popup that states "This operation has been cancelled do to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systems Administrator". Please, how do I fix this? I believe it may do with a recent auto download from MS as both my PC and note book are giving me problems. Thank you for any help to fix this...d Gamma-Deezie wrote: > Recently I am unable to open Hyperlinks in my emails. When clicked on I > receive a popup that states "This operation has been cance...