Copying only the numerical values

Is it possible to have a summary worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet and then
copy this worksheet on its own to another document but with the numerical
values only?

I have a worksheet which is a summary of various other Excel documents
linked together. I wish to email this summary page with the numerical values
only. I don't particularly want the file paths showing in the document I
email - I just wish the numerical values - not the formulas which produce
these values. Is this possible? Without going through complicated
procedures.

"SM" <theesel1994REMOVE@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to have a summary worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet and
> then copy this worksheet on its own to another document but with the
> numerical values only?
>
> I have a worksheet which is a summary of various other Excel documents
> linked together. I wish to email this summary page with the numerical
> values only. I don't particularly want the file paths showing in the
> document I email - I just wish the numerical values - not the formulas
> which produce these values. Is this possible? Without going through
> complicated procedures.

Ignore this - I just copied the page and used paste special.
Don't I feel a fool knowing how simple it was.

So how do you copy just the numerical values?

> "SM" <theesel1994REMOVE@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to have a summary worksheet in an Excel spreadsheet and
>> then copy this worksheet on its own to another document but with the
>> numerical values only?
>>
>> I have a worksheet which is a summary of various other Excel documents
>> linked together. I wish to email this summary page with the numerical
>> values only. I don't particularly want the file paths showing in the
>> document I email - I just wish the numerical values - not the formulas
>> which produce these values. Is this possible? Without going through
>> complicated procedures.
>>

> Ignore this - I just copied the page and used paste special.
> Don't I feel a fool knowing how simple it was.

0
Spam3249 (7)

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Extract numeric value from single cell
Hello, I have numeric values within a text string in a single cell. There i no conformity to the length, or the make-up of the text. There is only ever 1 numeric value (that may vary in length from 1- digits long) within the text string. I have used the find function, but is getting vary messy. Is there numeric wildcard character I can use. Im using Excel 2000 Any help would be much appreciate -- Landyma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Landyman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=807 View this thread: htt...

order by case value
If I have the following: SELECT UserID as RID ,EnvironmentID as EnvID ,@authorType as RType ,'A' as Type ,'Author' as FullType ,Case When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') <> '') then LastName + ', ' + FirstName When (isnull(FirstName, '') <> '' AND isnull(LastName, '') = '') then FirstName When isnull(FirstName, '') = '' then LastName End as RName ,Email as EmailAddress FROM User WHERE EnvironmentID = @Environment...

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Copy info from one workbook to another?

local copy of mail

Secondary Copy

Calculate max value in specific range
Hi all, I've got a table with specific date values (start & end dates) like this: 3/23/00 Start 3/26/00 End etc. note: the length of days will vary from time tot time. -- I also have a table with all date values and corresponding numbers, like this: Column: A B Row: 1 3/23/00 1101.16 2 3/24/00 1106.16 3 3/25/00 1143.07 (=MAX) 4 3/26/00 1137.54 -- How can I calculate the max value from all those corresponding numbers between a Start- & End date? (1143.07 in this case) I've already tried the Vlookup and Max function but that only refers to 1 value (as...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Creating a chart from a table of values
I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? Take a look at the dynamic charts here http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html#DynoCht "hydro1guy" wrote: > I would like to create a chart from a table of values using indexing so i can > vary the range of the table. Can anyone help? ...

Any idea why this is giving me a #Value! Error?
Function FrstLtrs(MyStr As String) As String Dim temp Dim i As Long TmpStr = Split(Trim(MyStr)) 'MsgBox "String" + TmpStr For i = 0 To UBound(TmpStr) If Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "OF") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "FOR") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "THE") And _ Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "AND") And Not (UCase(TmpStr) = "A") Then If Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) >= 65 And _ Asc(Left(TmpStr(i), 1)) <= 90 Then FrstLtrs = FrstLtrs & Left(TmpStr(i), 1) End If End If Next End Function Find the mo...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Any way to add newlines to a static value in workflow?
Hi, all. Pretty simple question (so I hope)... I'm trying to create a workflow rule that will pull data (name and address) from an entity, and update a field within another entity. The problem is that I'm trying to separate the name and address elements with newlines, so that the field will contain: FirstName LastName 123 First St. Townville, IN 12009 Is there a way to specify a newline this way in a Static Value? I've tried the usual stuff (\n, <br>, <br/>, \\n, \r\n, etc.) with no luck. Is there a way to do that? Thanks for any help, Jeremy you are going to hav...

subtotal copy and paste

Don't plot non-numeric cells
Tools - Options - Chart - Plot empty cells as: Not plotted (leave gaps) works only when the cell is actually empty. The cell is empty when raw data is missing, but the raw data has to be subtracted from a constant value. I'm using =IF(ISNUMBER(B4), B$1-B4,NA()) which returns #N/A when B4 is blank. The cell is not empty and consequently is plotted as an interpolated value between B3 and B5. I've tried copying and pasting values only and using "" instead of NA() to no avail. Short of clearing the contents manually (5% missing data points scattered throughout 25,000 ...

To get a lot of charts that contain different values in a minute
To create hundreds of charts in one minute! thousands of in several minutes! Just need a chart in worksheet, you can produce ten charts by using ten rows of data, and produce a thousand of charts by using a thousand of rows! every one of them corresponds to the content of a certain cell, row, column or a certain range. Please visit http://www.addintools.com and trial it. ...

Copying graphs

Copying Views

Assign Numeric Value to Text
Hi Everyone, I am looking for a way to assign numberical values to 2 different letters (i.e. A equal to 1, B equal to 2). Then what I am looking to do with this is add up, all the letters in numerical value, in a column and get a total on 1 row and then the average on a 2nd row. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Happy New Years! :D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a range A1:A100 with just one letter in each cell:- =SUMPRODUCT(CODE(UPPER($A$1:$A$100))-64) -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spe...

Having a go with assembly... how do I copy a double into a register??
I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. Now if I declare my doubles as floats float f double d _asm { mov edx, f //ok mov edx, d //error operand size conflict Can someone show me the error of my ways??? Thanks "Si" <me@you.twang> wrote in message news:sm1gk0l60ng23gilu9b68hkcqi3ub9horn@4ax.com... > > > I'm trying to speed up a maths routine which consists of much > iterative multiplication (and adding and subtraction of ) doubles. > > Now if I de...

hidden value in each cell or in each row in Excel
hi, I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden ,kindly reply if any one know the way without creating hidden rows or columns or worksheet The need is to store two information in one cell,with one value in display ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Using comments is one option. >-----Original Message----- >hi, > >I need to store a two information in one cell with one value as hidden >,kindly reply if any one kn...

EXCEL FILE a copy/a copy/a copy ....filename
when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file itself so my file name of a file i save 7 times can have 7 'a copy' in it eg c./my doc/a copy/a copy/ a copy..............a copy/xx.xls Is the file saved as Read Only? Do you get a message on opening asking you if it's read only? Regards, Alan. "ve" <ve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88C3DEBA-2C2E-4DF0-978B-F823E120458A@microsoft.com... > when i save my excel file i get a saved copy of the file, not the file > itself so my file name of a file i save ...