Good afternoon.
I'm new to the world of programming in excel but have programmed elsewhere
previously.

What i am trying to do is to have a todo list setup, ive searched long and
hard and can't find anything that quite fits my bill that i can replicate and
alter to work so am asking for some assistance.

I have a workbook with six sheets, All Jobs, Evaluation, Authority, In
Progress, Completed and a helper sheet.  In all jobs i have 9 columns A-I
(atm A being spare) that have information that i need to show. In column 'I'
i have a dropdown box using the helper sheet for picking 1 of the 4
conditions that the job is in process of (ie. evaluation, authority,
progress, completed).

I'm trying to create a setup so all the jobs are seen on the first sheet,
and when changed to a different state (using the dropdown in I) they are
copied onto that the relevant "state" sheet. What is needed to be copied is
the entire row of information for that job.

Finally only once they are changed to "finished", they are removed from the
'All Jobs' to the 'Completed' sheet so they can be deleted when no longer
needed for reference.  Each sheet's data starts on row 6 to allow for a
header on top of each, allowing a nicer presentation should it be printed.

Would really appreciate some help with this and hope that my explanation
does justice for my purpose!

Thanks :)
0
Puk (5)

When exactly do you need the information moved? How about when you open the
workbook?

In which case, open the VBA editor (alt+F11) and go to the ThisWorkbook
sheet. Use
Private Sub Workbook_Open() as your name.

For the actual program, the simplest (and easiest to explain) would be to
record (via Tools-macro) these steps and then clean them up into your
workbook open sub.

How I'd do it, (start of macro) Clear data from your condition sheets
(except 'completed'). apply autofilter to main sheet. Select on of your
conditions. Copy all the significant data to the condition sheet. Select next
condition, copy, etc. Fot completed, copy data, got to completed sheet,
select column A, Ctrl+down,
(then, during your cleanup, use this line
activecell.offset(-1,0).select
to get to the next blank line)
then copy the data.
(end macro)

Again, from the editor there's a bunch you can do to cleanup/make more
efficient, but you should be able to figure it out.

Sorry if this doesn't go into much detail, but as you said you had some
experience, I didn't want to bog you down with details you already could
figure out.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Puk" wrote:

> Good afternoon.
> I'm new to the world of programming in excel but have programmed elsewhere
> previously.
>
> What i am trying to do is to have a todo list setup, ive searched long and
> hard and can't find anything that quite fits my bill that i can replicate and
> alter to work so am asking for some assistance.
>
> I have a workbook with six sheets, All Jobs, Evaluation, Authority, In
> Progress, Completed and a helper sheet.  In all jobs i have 9 columns A-I
> (atm A being spare) that have information that i need to show. In column 'I'
> i have a dropdown box using the helper sheet for picking 1 of the 4
> conditions that the job is in process of (ie. evaluation, authority,
> progress, completed).
>
> I'm trying to create a setup so all the jobs are seen on the first sheet,
> and when changed to a different state (using the dropdown in I) they are
> copied onto that the relevant "state" sheet. What is needed to be copied is
> the entire row of information for that job.
>
> Finally only once they are changed to "finished", they are removed from the
> 'All Jobs' to the 'Completed' sheet so they can be deleted when no longer
> needed for reference.  Each sheet's data starts on row 6 to allow for a
> header on top of each, allowing a nicer presentation should it be printed.
>
> Would really appreciate some help with this and hope that my explanation
> does justice for my purpose!
>
> Thanks :)
1
LukeM (202)
1/12/2009 5:58:05 PM
Luke, i appreciate your reply.  I've had a good fiddle with it, but for some
reason when i run the macro all i get is the same cells being copied, one
below the other, each time as the document is opened.  So it repeats itself
instead of just moving a cell once.  When you resave the document and reopen
it, it takes the one from alljobs thats still there and then puts it below
the its replica from the previous time it ran.  I guess i need some sort of
if exists condition in the ondocopen statement.

I'm a bit lost tbh.

I haven't even tried with the completed sheet, kept messing me around.  Wish
i'd paid more attention in the vba classes i had at college :/
0
Puk (5)

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

Grouping Rows
I need to group a bunch of rows but I am having some problems. The code lines below works great: Rows("5:8").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I need to group these rows 12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30. I tried Rows("12,14,16,18,20,22,24,26,28,30").Select Selection.Rows.Group but I get and Overflow error message. When I tried Me.Rows("12:12,14:14,16:16,18:18,20:20,22:22,24:24,26:26,28:28,30:30").Select Selection.Rows.Group I get a Type mismatch error message. What am I doing wrong? HI The 'Rows' object obviously do not ac...

Secondary Copy

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Row hieght formula
I was wondering if there is a formula for row height. I have a lon list, and I want each row that returns a 0 to collapse automatically. Anyone know how to do that -- funktasti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- funktastic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1600 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27473 You should hide them. I'm not too keen on Visual Basic, but that's where you'd need to go to automate it. If you'd like to do it manually you can filter the cel...

local copy of mail

Copy info from one workbook to another?

How to prevent a user to move a window
Hi, I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bs9rka$560$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hi, > > I would like to know how prevent someone from moving the window of my app. > It is not a fullscreen window but I want to prevent any movement. You can try handling WM_NCHITTEST and calling DefWindowProc. When you get back HTCAPTION return instead HTNOWHERE. You'll probably want to remove or disable the 'Move&#...

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

create pivot table from multiple sheet (excell 2003)
as understood, excell 2003 have row limit...but, currently i have data that more than the row limit... so, i split my data to 2 separate worksheet...the column name for each worksheet same.. my question, how can i create one pivot table from the two worksheet...i've tried using the wizard n consolidated data but failed.... thank you vm.. Maybe you could try creating the pivot directly from the Access source table (which doesn't have the 65k row limitations) In Excel, in a new sheet, Click Data > Import External data > Import data Navigate to where the Access file is >...

Moving a database location
In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? Use the property page of the database (in the Exchange System Manager) and select a new location for the file. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange...

subtotal copy and paste

Use of multiple Currency
Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some material in INR and rest of the material and work in $. I'm using MS Project 2007 version. Regards Satya On Jan 8, 8:32=A0am, Satya <Sa...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is it possible to change cost for few of the resources. I mean some mater= ial > in INR and rest of the material and work in $. > I'm using MS Project 2007 version. > Regards > Satya Sathya - In Project, you cannot use only one currency per project (see Microsoft Help "Change the currency settings for you...

Multiple signatures problem in outlook 2003
Hi We have two accounts in outlook, one the exchange and the other a pop account so we can sent email under two separate domains (units of business). We need to have separate signatures for each account. We assumed outlook 2003 provided that on its own and upgraded outlook only to outlook 2003 while leaving office versions to below 2003. Now it turns out we also need word 2003 for this feature to work as standard. My question is; is there any way to create an email with a signature other than the default even if it is through vba code? Thanks Regards Not that I know of. --� Milly Sta...

limit number of rows 7 colloms in a worksheet
is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a worksheet ? thanks david --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ "davidbrowne17" <davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:davidbrowne17.ya1sm@excelforum-nospam.com... > is there a way to limit or set the number of rows & collums in a > worksheet ? No. All worksheets have 256 columns by 65536 rows. You can hide unused rows/columns. But why bother? Hi David, Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module. Adjust to suit the area. Private Sub Workbook_Open() Wo...

Extra row in CTE
Hi, I have a table (#qed_missing_quarters) with the following rows in it: row_num quarter_end_date 1 2002-09-30 00:00:00.000 2 2002-12-31 00:00:00.000 3 2003-03-31 00:00:00.000 4 2003-06-30 00:00:00.000 5 2003-09-30 00:00:00.000 And I have the following code as a test to traverse across the table: ;WITH qed_missing_values(row_num, quarter_end_date) AS ( SELECT row_num AS [row_num], quarter_end_date AS [quarter_end_date] FROM #qed_missing_quarters WHERE row_num = 1 UNION ALL SELECT a.row_num + 1, a.quarter_end_date FROM #qed_missing_quarters AS a INNER JOIN ...

time and date difference
I have a cell format of dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm that I have applied to "call open date and time" and a "call closed data and time" columns. I'd like to have a further column that calculates the difference in days and hours, or just hours, between these two date/time values. I can't seem to find a way to do it tho. I have tried DATEDIF but it doesn't give me the results I want (formula =DATEDIF(A1,B1,"d")) and I have seen examples of calculating the difference between time values but again, not what I want exactly. Is there a way to do this or do I have t...

How can I get current cell row number
I need to reference the row value of the current cell in a worksheet function: = row() in VBA: activecell.row Hope this helps Rowan excelneophyte wrote: > I need to reference the row value of the current cell ...

moving email messages to a storage file
I moved about half the messages from my inbox to another folder and moved it out of the Outlook directories altogether. Now I find that Outlook will not read it while it sits in any other directory. When I try to transfer it back (by copying the file back into the same directory with all the other .dbx files that Outlook DOES read), the Outlook program doesn't seem to recognize its presence. What do I do when I want to look at those messages again? How can I read them with Outlook? You've mentioned .dbx files - Outlook doesn't use those; it uses PST files. Outlook Express ...