copy conditional formatting #2

I can set up a conditional format in one cell.  I would like to copy that CF
to all the cells in the column.  Any way to do that in 2007?

You can use the format painter to copy and paste all formats including
conditional formatting

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Byrdie Ethel Pillinger" <ByrdieEthelPillinger@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:2CE3D7DF-60A1-47E0-B12F-91B88CC606E0@microsoft.com...
>I can set up a conditional format in one cell.  I would like to copy that
>CF
> to all the cells in the column.  Any way to do that in 2007?

0
terre081 (3244)
6/10/2008 4:34:39 AM
Might be easier to select the entire column before setting the CF condition.

If using "Formula is:" make sure Excel does not give you Absolute reference.

i.e.  =$A1 > 123  is the correct syntax.

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:28:01 -0700, Byrdie Ethel Pillinger
<ByrdieEthelPillinger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I can set up a conditional format in one cell.  I would like to copy that CF
>to all the cells in the column.  Any way to do that in 2007?

0
Gord

DVD Copy Pro for Mac

Spreadsheet query #2
I have devised a list of items in a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. Against each item (in a different cell) is an amount which represtents the items value. I want to be able to use this spreadsheet, so that I can extract, say, all items under �6,000. Is this possible in Excel, or should I be using a database? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Michael. Hello Michael Advanced Filter is one way, Pivot Table is an other way. To my opinion, use of a database would be advisable if records exceed around 10000 items. HTH Cordially Pascal "Michael Dedman" <Mike@Le-Software-Man....

Comma Style Formatting from Format Toolbar
Hello all I am using Excel 97 SR-2. All of a sudden my Comma Style formatting button (from the formatting toolbar) is formatting differently to previous and is not want I want. My Control Panel settings for number and currency I have always set to display negatives in brackets and this is how the Comma Style button used to work. Now it formats negatives with a leading negative sign with the sign aligned to the extreme left of the cell with the numbers right aligned. Any adeas on how I get this formatting button to work correctly again??? Thanks Tony McGee ...

Import/copy calendar in Outlook 2003

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

Copy info from one workbook to another?

Secondary Copy

local copy of mail

Outlook 2000 SP3

Moving Outlook to a new computer #2
I am trying to move my Outlook 2003 to a new computer and can not see how to move all of my customization with it. For example, the catagories additions I made and all of the rules I set up for lables. Can someone point me to an article that gives you the details? Thanks ...

Copy picture ossice wizard

Error 553 #2
I am trying to configure Outlook 2002 to use a POP account hosted under a domain name I purchased. When I set up the account in Outlook I can successfully send a test message to myself. I can receive messages from any other account, no problem. However I cannot send a message to any other address. I get the message "553 sorry that domain name does not exist in my rcpthost file". I ahve called support fromt he company I bought hte domain name from and I hav called support from Adelphia whoI ahve high speed internet access from, and who host the outgoing mail server. Neither ...

Outlook 2003 sends my gmail through 2 steps, why??
I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox rather than get sent right away. Then from my outbox, I can send the email. This seems like a redundancy in efforts, how can I get Outlook to send it straight away? Look at the Tools Menu, then Options, then Mail Setup Tab. Check off the box "Send immediately when connected". -- Lenny V "Uncle Scotty" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003 to send my gmail account through > smtp.gmail.com. When I send mail in Outlook, it goes into the Outbox...

double line format button only formats single line when added to .
When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format when using this button. It's a bug. There's a workaround in the following thread. http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3C59F286.DB7C606A%40msn.com AlwaysLearning wrote: > When adding a double line format button to my Toolbar using the Customize, > Categories Box, Command Box and then dragging the double line format button > to my Toolbar, I only get a single line format wh...

subtotal copy and paste

3D Column Chart #2
How do I create a 3D column chart and have three axis? ...

Lock Conditional Formatting
Good afternoon, Is there a way that I may lock the conditional formatting of a cell without locking out the ability to enter data into the cell? I have several columns of data, each column with a different conditional formatting scheme. I want to make sure that no one accidentally copies a cell in one row into another row or does "fill right/left" - which kills the formatting. When I protect the worksheet, which disables a user from having access to the formating buttons (text color, pattern, border), a user can still copy or fill the format of one cell to another. Any suggestio...

how do I convert a publisher document to .jpeg format?
I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any ideas will be appreciated... Is there a reason why you want a .jpg? Would a .pdf work? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Thumper" <Thumper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9FB0F29-3D95-4E22-963B-F2004CA37AE7@microsoft.com... >I want to save a Publisher document as a .jpeg file. The help topics say it > can be done, but I haven't been able to find out how in the help menu. Any > ...

Formatting with MFC
I have an MFC application but I have left the formatting of the controls at the default setting. How do I do the following formatting operations: - Change font size and colour of static text controls - Change edit controls to be 'flat' - Change height/width of edit box - Change text size in edit control - Change background color on dialog box Thanks. >How do I do the following formatting operations: > >- Change font size and colour of static text controls >- Change text size in edit control Make use of WM_SETFONT & handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. >- Change edit c...

Excell date formating
I am trying to type numbers with dashes and slashes, but excell always converts to date format, How do I stop this? Thanks, Doug Hi Doug, Precede with an apostrophe (single quote, '). It will cause Excel to treat the enry as text and not show the apostrophe. -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Alida de Jongstraat 7 2401 KS Alphen aan den Rijn Netherlands tel. +31-172-416 880 mobile: +31-6-518 62 541 e-mail: niek.otten@xs4all.nl "Doug" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:257501c47027$9412ec00$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to type numbers with das...

Outlook Archiving Problem #2
Outlook will ask me if I want to Archive, I hit ok. Mine in set to archive items 6mos old. Nothing shows up in my archived folder list. Help. I am the main email address for our company, my inbox is huge. Beth Check the Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready to be AutoArchived, and a simple action such as moving the item to another folder can change the Modified date. More information and a list of actions that change the Modified date can be found here: http:...

Copying graphs